JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What pisses me off about this is I feel like all he cares about is maintaining his innocence. WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOU ARE and I feel like he will deny it to his grave but too bad there is proof!

What pisses me off about this is I feel like all he cares about is maintaining his innocence. WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOU ARE and I feel like he will deny it to his grave but too bad there is proof!
It angers me, too.
Could it be that he has some kind of mental disorder where he really doesn't remember committing the crimes?? I honestly don't think that's what is going on, but is that a possibility?

It angers me, too.
Could it be that he has some kind of mental disorder where he really doesn't remember committing the crimes?? I honestly don't think that's what is going on, but is that a possibility?

I don't know but he is definitely sick

It angers me, too.

i would find that whole mental disorder thing unlikely... i think his lawyers likely gave him the advice and he followed knowing he was going to be found guilty anyway

This is the girlfriend? I guess I understand blood relatives standing by a loved one, but I don't understand this. She's heard what he's done, heck she may even have seen the dark side of him.
Totally. Does she think he's innocent?! I can't imagine what she and his family are going through right now. There muat have been signs they overlooked:(

Totally. Does she think he's innocent?! I can't imagine what she and his family are going through right now. There muat have been signs they overlooked:(

who knows what signs there may or may not have been... i feel for them, though.

Nadine Maeser ‏@nadine_maeser · 1m1 minute ago
JUDGE SCHELL: Motion to strike is DENIED. #JesseMatthew

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news · 2m2 minutes ago
Judge says prosecution has presented enough evidence for jury to hear case. Judge will not dismiss charges against #JesseMatthew.

A motion to strike and then an Alford plea!? That jury must have looked tough!
I don't see any benefit for him taking the Alford now and not risking the jury. Seems like JM is just trying to gain some control.

So maybe someone with more legal knowledge (I have none) can shed some light on this plea and what it means. As I have read, it is treated like a guilty plea with respect to appeals, meaning that his options to appeal would be very limited. So it seems odd that he would enter that plea. Except that one of the reasons you could win an appeal would be ineffective counsel, or proving that you involuntarily entered that plea. Does anyone think perhaps he entered the plea because things weren't going his way and will try later to say his counsel was not doing its job to try to get a new team/new trial?

MOO

Does anyone think perhaps he entered the plea because things weren't going his way and will try later to say his counsel was not doing its job to try to get a new team/new trial?

MOO

personally? no... there was no way to get past that dna under the victim's nails... no way around it.

Paulap, good to "see" you here!

It's hard for all of us strangers to hear the details of the attack ... I can't imagine what it would be like for someone who know him. Hope you are doing ok!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back