JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I provide the quote earlier, but here is is again. Bolding is mine.
"He chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way," says Gil Harrington, an oncology nurse, of her daughter's killer, "to break her bones before he murdered her." Dan Harrington, a psychiatrist, confirms that his daughter's skeleton showed "brutal damage."

While the Harringtons won't say which of Morgan's bones were broken–- and acknowledge that they do not yet know her actual cause of death, pending the release of the official autopsy report–- they remain convinced that the person responsible is an experienced criminal and may be a convicted sex offender.

"This is not his first crime," Gil Harrington says. "He has upped his game in a significant and disturbing way."

Just wanted to note that the Harrington's did eventually receive a copy of MH's autopsy report. She has written about it on her blog.

Something I read after JM was sought as a POI, but before the link to Morgan's case, was a statement from coworkers stating that he seemed moody and quite in the days following Hannah's disappearance. I don't recall now if it was in an article or posted here so I appologize for not having a link.

My thoughts upon reading that were that it sounds like something happened and he's "coping" with it. But now, with the apparent link to Morgan and the Fairfax rape, my impression was most likely incorrect.

I realize that one person's recollection of his actions are completely subjective and open to debate, but if this is accurate, I wonder how this fits into the sociopath/serial killer idea?

Thoughts?

I read that too. He was probably worried about having been seen leaving with her that night. It seems like the other girls went missing without any witnesses.

Something I read after JM was sought as a POI, but before the link to Morgan's case, was a statement from coworkers stating that he seemed moody and quite in the days following Hannah's disappearance. I don't recall now if it was in an article or posted here so I appologize for not having a link.

My thoughts upon reading that were that it sounds like something happened and he's "coping" with it. But now, with the apparent link to Morgan and the Fairfax rape, my impression was most likely incorrect.

I realize that one person's recollection of his actions are completely subjective and open to debate, but if this is accurate, I wonder how this fits into the sociopath/serial killer idea?

Thoughts?

Someone suggested that he was avoiding contact bc he didn't want his co-workers to realize it was him in the video from the mall.

He slipped up bc in this case bc of the video evidence. This may account for his behavior.

Someone suggested that he was avoiding contact bc he didn't want his co-workers to realize it was him in the video from the mall.

He slipped up bc in this case bc of the video evidence. This may account for his behavior.

Probably had plenty of scars and scratches on himself too

Thoughts?

JM probably understood the gravity of his situation. He had shown up in video feed with HG. This was most likely the cause of his being more quiet than usual. Even his grandmother knew it was him when she saw the news playing the footage of JM on the mall--and going up to HG. He HAD to have known that the police would be visiting him shortly!

The cattle were in a different area of the farm. Mr. Bass was checking the fences after a rain storm when he found MH. There was some speculation on threads that possibly MH was placed closer to the thicket, and the rain storms washed her out into the open.

I heard it was a hay field so would doubt there would be cattle

I think he saw himself in the video and he knew he had been caught.

Thoughts?

Bravo OBE! What an insightful post! I believe JM was egotistical and a narcissist. Just take a look at his HS yearbook pics. So much praise was heaped upon him, he was practically a local hero, beyond reproach, IMO. When I saw those YB pics, I realized a couple of things.....1) No young woman would stand a chance against this guy.....2) Monsters walk among us. I worked with one and while I thought he had evil eyes (BTK eyes), he was thought very highly of by his co-workers, some even sang in a gospel group with him, until he was arrested and sent to prison. 3) JM was in the Outdoor club in HS. I hope LE is following up on any areas this club may have visited because Morgan was found in an area familiar to JM and we've got to find Hannah! 4) I also wonder if his religious teachings were that a woman should be submissive to a man. Here's a link to the pics that were posted in the JM thread.

http://imgur.com/a/7FXt4#Udt3e6V

Just looking for clues, anything that could help us find Hannah!
Wow. Thanks again Matilda. Great link for pictures of him.

I am really scared about what we are going to find out about this freak.

Jmo

I'm wondering if the forensic link could be photos or videos of the victims. ?

(I'm sorry if this has been discussed...I haven't been able to read all the posts as Real Life gets in my WS way sometimes.)

It's not inconsistent with known behaviors of persons in those categories, but of course each individual is different. In the wide-ranging interviews that Ted Bundy had with Bob Keppel, he talked about the way he felt and acted the morning after a murder. I don't have the quotes or Keppel's book in front of me so this is from memory, but Bundy spoke of how he would often panic and begin throwing evidence and tools (like handcuffs and a tire iron) out the window of his car as he drove away from a crime scene/dump site. As time passed he'd calm down, and then later he'd feel stupid for reacting that way, especially as he'd have to go purchase replacement tools for his next crime. But for a brief period following a murder, he was definitely a different person than the super-confident predator we think of him as being. Bundy was often under the influence of alcohol during his crimes, and if the Hannah Graham case is typical for JLM, this applies to him as well. So it's certainly possible that JLM might also have a "refractory interval", if you will, during which he was sensitive to the magnitude of what he'd done and what it might mean for him. (Of course, it goes without saying that regret does not equal remorse.)

It's not inconsistent with known behaviors of persons in those categories, but of course each individual is different. In the wide-ranging interviews that Ted Bundy had with Bob Keppel, he talked about the way he felt and acted the morning after a murder. I don't have the quotes or Keppel's book in front of me so this is from memory, but Bundy spoke of how he would often panic and begin throwing evidence and tools (like handcuffs and a tire iron) out the window of his car as he drove away from a crime scene/dump site. As time passed he'd calm down, and then later he'd feel stupid for reacting that way, especially as he'd have to go purchase replacement tools for his next crime. But for a brief period following a murder, he was definitely a different person than the super-confident predator we think of him as being. Bundy was often under the influence of alcohol during his crimes, and if the Hannah Graham case is typical for JLM, this applies to him as well. So it's certainly possible that JLM might also have a "refractory interval", if you will, during which he was sensitive to the magnitude of what he'd done and what it might mean for him. (Of course, it goes without saying that regret does not equal remorse.)

Thanks Biggles.

And I had not considered his knowledge of the video evidence. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of earlier in the weekend/week before it hit the media. All valid points though.

Thanks everyone.

Its always slightly bothered me why they think Morgan didnt have her phone and bag while walking on the bridge, did witnesses say that she didnt?
I always just thought in my mind it would make more sense that she got in a cab and he dumped her bag out the window and her cell. maybe even after he killed her, she would have told him she was coming from the concert and was locked out, so he could have easily killed her and then gone back late at night to throw her bag and phone around that area to throw off suspicions so people thought she was abducted from the carpark. It just seems odd to me that she dropped her bag and cellphone and then walked to the bridge to hitchhikw without even picking them up?

Thoughts?
I read that as well, but don't remember where. Who can keep track of all the places we find stuff. It was a co-worker at the hospital. They said that JM was usually jovial and right after Hannah was reported missing, JM stopping eating with the group at the lunch table and became very quiet and wanted to be alone (my word interpretation). They did not say who that person was. My thoughts? I dunno. Sometimes after the fact, we may imagine a person was different and they really weren't. Everyone that knows him is now looking for the red flags, and there probably are some. Even if he were not guilty of harming Hannah, I would imagine he would be worried that he was the last person seen with her, and that might explain his mood change.

IIRC the Fairfax victim is not even in the US anymore.

Do we have any verification yet that the Fairfax victim positively identified JLM as the person who raped her?? TIA.

Bravo OBE! What an insightful post! I believe JM was egotistical and a narcissist. Just take a look at his HS yearbook pics. So much praise was heaped upon him, he was practically a local hero, beyond reproach, IMO. When I saw those YB pics, I realized a couple of things.....1) No young woman would stand a chance against this guy.....2) Monsters walk among us. I worked with one and while I thought he had evil eyes (BTK eyes), he was thought very highly of by his co-workers, some even sang in a gospel group with him, until he was arrested and sent to prison. 3) JM was in the Outdoor club in HS. I hope LE is following up on any areas this club may have visited because Morgan was found in an area familiar to JM and we've got to find Hannah! 4) I also wonder if his religious teachings were that a woman should be submissive to a man. Here's a link to the pics that were posted in the JM thread.

http://imgur.com/a/7FXt4#Udt3e6V

Just looking for clues, anything that could help us find Hannah!

JLM enjoyed being looked upon as a hero. He has one last chance to regain that status if he tells LE where Hannah is as well as about his involvement in any other missing cases or unsolved murders. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to suggest a celebration is appropriate should he decide to confess. But even those to whom he has caused the MOST pain would "appreciate" his "heroism" and be forever grateful. Perhaps his attorney should make that suggestion to him.

I don't doubt that JM beat Morgan and caused her to have broken bones before or while he was killing her. In the Fairfax rape case he apparently beat the victim bloody according to a witness who saw the victim immediately afterwards.
Do you know where I can find more details about the Fairfax rape? I had not read that she was beaten or bloody.

JLM enjoyed being looked upon as a hero. He has one last chance to regain that status if he tells LE where Hannah is as well as about his involvement in any other missing cases or unsolved murders. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to suggest a celebration is appropriate should he decide to confess. But even those to whom he has caused the MOST pain would "appreciate" his "heroism" and be forever grateful. Perhaps his attorney should make that suggestion to him.

I think he knows he won't be seen as a hero if he gives up her location. He knows that then everyone will know what he did to her, and he won't be a hero by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

If he is either a narcissist or a sociopath, he is smarter and has a much higher sense of self-preservation than that. AND he does not care ONE WHIT about other people. I think it's hard for normal people to imagine how completely self-involved narcissists and sociopaths can be, but if you don't do a pretty good job of imagining that, and protecting yourself from it, you are really putting yourself at risk around them. If it's in their own best interest, they can charm the socks off most people, lie like nobody's business, and when they have what they want from you, your usefulness is over and they'll discard you like any other piece of trash.

As always, jmo, but raised by an NPD mother. NPD = Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Wow. Thanks again Matilda. Great link for pictures of him.

I am really scared about what we are going to find out about this freak.

Jmo

You are welcome Wondergirl but I can't take the credit. Someone posted it in the JW thread so I wanted to share it here. The wrestling picture was chilling considering the photo of JM putting the guy in a wrestling hold and injuring his hamstring the night Hannah disappeared of the face of the earth. A big guy like that could easily break and shatter the bones of slight young women like Morgan or Hannah. Morgan was 5'6 and Hannah 5'11 but both were very slim young ladies. I think JW had a big head because of his local praise and publicity when playing HS sports. I think he felt he was untouchable and no one would suspect him of such horrid crimes. If he harmed Hannah like he did Morgan I hope she fought tooth and nail and pulled some of those dreads out of that big head of his!

OT...I use the term big head because I read an article on DM the other day where BTK's daughter blasted Stephen King for basing his new movie on BTK. She said it would just give her father a big head and that is the last thing he needs is a big head!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay