JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:scared::scared::shame::sick::hills:

i just saw that i'm obsessed with the ebola thing... rotto

This happened a few weeks ago here in Australia about half an hour from me, when some guy came back from Africa and got taken to hospital it was huge news and was on every channel, everyone was panicked but luckily it turned out to be a false alarm and he tested negative.Scary stuff.

MH's phone and handbag were found in the RV parking area of UVA/Arena.

Its always slightly bothered me why they think Morgan didnt have her phone and bag while walking on the bridge, did witnesses say that she didnt?
I always just thought in my mind it would make more sense that she got in a cab and he dumped her bag out the window and her cell. maybe even after he killed her, she would have told him she was coming from the concert and was locked out, so he could have easily killed her and then gone back late at night to throw her bag and phone around that area to throw off suspicions so people thought she was abducted from the carpark. It just seems odd to me that she dropped her bag and cellphone and then walked to the bridge to hitchhikw without even picking them up?

I was offline most of yesterday, so when I got on last night & saw confirmation of what I suspected (that the cases were linked), I was heartbroken. When I went to sleep last night, all I could think about (as close as I can get to thinking like a serial killer/rapist) is that he knows now, that everyone else knows his secret- his family, his high school friends, his coworkers, the youth football league, everyone that's interacted with him-it's probably killing him, let's hope it gets him to tell them where Hannah is. Unfortunately, he may be beyond that point of humanity.

I think he knows he won't be seen as a hero if he gives up her location. He knows that then everyone will know what he did to her, and he won't be a hero by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

If he is either a narcissist or a sociopath, he is smarter and has a much higher sense of self-preservation than that. AND he does not care ONE WHIT about other people. I think it's hard for normal people to imagine how completely self-involved narcissists and sociopaths can be, but if you don't do a pretty good job of imagining that, and protecting yourself from it, you are really putting yourself at risk around them. If it's in their own best interest, they can charm the socks off most people, lie like nobody's business, and when they have what they want from you, your usefulness is over and they'll discard you like any other piece of trash.

As always, jmo, but raised by an NPD mother. NPD = Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

You couldn't have put this any better. I highly suspect someone in my family of having NPD. We have all suffered for years, but now finally see a clearer picture. It devastates a family and everyone closely associated suffers long reaching effects. The worst part is that the people who have been charmed by them will defend them mightily, until the tables turn.

JLM enjoyed being looked upon as a hero. He has one last chance to regain that status if he tells LE where Hannah is as well as about his involvement in any other missing cases or unsolved murders. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to suggest a celebration is appropriate should he decide to confess. But even those to whom he has caused the MOST pain would "appreciate" his "heroism" and be forever grateful. Perhaps his attorney should make that suggestion to him.

I agree! He needs to repent for his sins and save his own family the embarrassment and stigma of his alleged crimes and give Hannah's family some peace so they can bring their daughter home. I don't think he will do it though. His head is too big, IMO. (Kind of reminds me of Uncle Rico in the movie 'Napoleon Dynamite' who replayed his HS football days over and over. Except Uncle Rico didn't rape and kill...he was just a plain ole narcissist without the psychopathic tendencies.)

It's not inconsistent with known behaviors of persons in those categories, but of course each individual is different. In the wide-ranging interviews that Ted Bundy had with Bob Keppel, he talked about the way he felt and acted the morning after a murder. I don't have the quotes or Keppel's book in front of me so this is from memory, but Bundy spoke of how he would often panic and begin throwing evidence and tools (like handcuffs and a tire iron) out the window of his car as he drove away from a crime scene/dump site. As time passed he'd calm down, and then later he'd feel stupid for reacting that way, especially as he'd have to go purchase replacement tools for his next crime. But for a brief period following a murder, he was definitely a different person than the super-confident predator we think of him as being. Bundy was often under the influence of alcohol during his crimes, and if the Hannah Graham case is typical for JLM, this applies to him as well. So it's certainly possible that JLM might also have a "refractory interval", if you will, during which he was sensitive to the magnitude of what he'd done and what it might mean for him. (Of course, it goes without saying that regret does not equal remorse.)

This could just be self-serving, but Bundy also said his urges would begin building and building until he finally couldn't take it any more and then he'd begin to drink in order to lower his inhibitions so he could fulfill his urges (pretty sure this was in his longtime girlfriends book, which I highly recommend). Alcohol does lower inhibitions, obviously, so I wonder if there was some fear post crime with JM, but those urges would begin and he'd drink for the similar reasons. I'm assuming one always has to overcome the fear of getting caught no matter how much of a monster you are and alcohol would serve the purpose.

OT aww man don't be dogging Uncle Rico! ;) Love me some Napoleon Dynamite...

MH's phone and handbag were found in the RV parking area of UVA/Arena.

He's smart he wanted people to think someone in an rv kidnapped her to throw the scent away from him.. That takes practice lots.. He's obviously got a lot of nerve and has done this many times

Hey, folks who still live in and around C'ville... Where is Ragged Mountain? I can't find it easily on a google search, only trail maps that don't show where the general location is. I don't really know which thread to ask this question in so I figured here would suffice...

This could just be self-serving, but Bundy also said his urges would begin building and building until he finally couldn't take it any more and then he'd begin to drink in order to lower his inhibitions so he could fulfill his urges (pretty sure this was in his longtime girlfriends book, which I highly recommend). Alcohol does lower inhibitions, obviously, so I wonder if there was some fear post crime with JM, but those urges would begin and he'd drink for the similar reasons. I'm assuming one always has to overcome the fear of getting caught no matter how much of a monster you are and alcohol would serve the purpose.

He appeared intoxicated in that photo of him with the young woman he harrassed the night Hannah went missing IMO, so you may very well be correct. Thanks for the info.

I read WS, & follow lots of cases, but I try to keep it separate-I saw my son last week (he graduated from HS the same year as Hannah & her HS is just up the road), & he asked me why her case was getting so much attention. I kind of lost it, & asked him how he would feel if it was one of his friends, & how he thought her parents felt. I have one child in college & one in HS, & they do think they're invincible, they don't realize what it's like to be a parent, & to be helpless when your child is a victim of random evil, that you can't predict or prevent.

I don't think we can know his motivation - in the Fairfax case, he lie in wait, and stalked his prey. In Harrington, and presumably, Graham's case, he probably lured them into his car with the promise of a ride, took them to a remote location, and, well.

He was interrupted in the Fairfax case, which possibly made him evolve his technique to getting his victims into his car, then taking his victims to a remote location where he felt safe. That's usually something that you can see in most serial cases, they evolve and refine their technique to a more-or-less characteristic pattern.

And if it bothers anyone why someone would wonder about these things - understanding his evolution, identifying the mistakes he - and the investigators - made, the opportunities missed to identify him earlier, while they won't help these victims, may help investigators learn from their mistakes, and be better able to identify and capture future perpetrators.

But this distance traveled does suggest to me that it was no mere opportunistic event, but that he traveled there with the specific intent to find someone to stalk and rape - and possibly, to kill. And if you accept *that*, then you have to suppose there were probably other attempts by him in the intervening years, and probably other victims.

I shortened your post to pinpoint the part I want to reply to.

I do believe you're right. So if JM has evolved then I'm afraid they may never find Hannah. JM was probably shocked that MH was found. By a guy checking his fences, no less. I think to evolve from there he would either bury the bodies or dump them in an old well. Much less chance of being stumbled upon.

And if there were other women between MH and HG they haven't turned up and may never turn up either.

Saw these pics last night on fb and didn't notice.....why is his name spelled incorrectly in his schools yearbook...LJ Mathews? Just curios.

Hey, folks who still live in and around C'ville... Where is Ragged Mountain? I can't find it easily on a google search, only trail maps that don't show where the general location is. I don't really know which thread to ask this question in so I figured here would suffice...

38.028048,-78.558862

Saw these pics last night on fb and didn't notice.....why is his name spelled incorrectly in his schools yearbook...LJ Mathews? Just curios.

It has been misspelled a lot...not uncommon... even in some of his family's court records the name is misspelled.

I wonder about JMs romantic relationships. He was reported to have at least one long term girlfriend we know of. Could the gaps between the Fairfax case, Morgan and Hannah be while he was involved with someone? Perhaps break ups set him off. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53