JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my problem with what has happened, it's like they (le) are a step/day behind. All they kept saying was we want to talk to him, he goes in talks, asks for a lawyer then leaves. He is followed/pursued overtly mind you to his grandmothers home, leaves there and at some point sees the vsp overtly following him and he speeds away. Then and only then did the reckless vehicle charges come. At some point in his travels south he borrowed a phone and called a family member who's phone had been wired/tapped to learn he was not in Va. Then they add the abduction with intent to defile. I am not saying that I think he is innocent, but I am not thrilled with the way this has been handled. Not very professional to me. jmo idk

Agree Elley Mae, but Murphy's Law says that it could get worse.. Hopefully LE/FBI has learned from their recent past mistakes. For the grieving families of the missing/murdered it is very important to learn the identity and location of any unknown victims-->

http://abcnews.go.com/US/alaska-ser...es-committed-suicide-hidden/story?id=17883891

Dec 5, 2012 - Serial killer Israel Keyes committed suicide in his Alaska jail cell by embedding a disposable razor blade into a pencil and slitting his left wrist..

Keyes' death came as he was slowly confessing to a string of methodically planned murders that spanned the country. He had admitted to eight murders at the time of his suicide, but had yet to tell investigators the identities of all his victims and left police wondering how many more victims there may have been.

The suicide occurred while Keyes was locked alone in a cell after 9:30 p.m. on Dec. 1. His body was discovered the next morning at 5:57 a.m., the FBI said.

The FBI is asking for the public's assistance with any information about Keyes' travels in order to identify additional victims.
They ask that anyone with information contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.
<sniped - read more> <Video>

This is my problem with what has happened, it's like they (le) are a step/day behind. All they kept saying was we want to talk to him, he goes in talks, asks for a lawyer then leaves. He is followed/pursued overtly mind you to his grandmothers home, leaves there and at some point sees the vsp overtly following him and he speeds away. Then and only then did the reckless vehicle charges come. At some point in his travels south he borrowed a phone and called a family member who's phone had been wired/tapped to learn he was not in Va. Then they add the abduction with intent to defile. I am not saying that I think he is innocent, but I am not thrilled with the way this has been handled. Not very professional to me. jmo idk

At the time he fled, local LE did not have the forensic results back from their search of his car and apartment. If I had to guess, the forensic evidence was what gave them enough probable cause to issue the arrest warrant. Think it was mostly just timing.

I am not going to complain about LE efforts in this-- they caught a guy who imo is most likely guilty and did it within 2 weeks.

I'm wondering if the forensic link could be photos or videos of the victims. ?

(I'm sorry if this has been discussed...I haven't been able to read all the posts as Real Life gets in my WS way sometimes.)

That's a possibility. Also, Morgan Harrington's camera and necklace were never located. It was assumed by LE that her killer had kept them. Maybe the police found them when they searched JM's apartment and car.

LE is not revealing details of evidence in either case. Whats the objective of hiding evidence esp in mh case. When would the police be forced to reveal info

Its always slightly bothered me why they think Morgan didnt have her phone and bag while walking on the bridge, did witnesses say that she didnt?
I always just thought in my mind it would make more sense that she got in a cab and he dumped her bag out the window and her cell. maybe even after he killed her, she would have told him she was coming from the concert and was locked out, so he could have easily killed her and then gone back late at night to throw her bag and phone around that area to throw off suspicions so people thought she was abducted from the carpark. It just seems odd to me that she dropped her bag and cellphone and then walked to the bridge to hitchhikw without even picking them up?

I totally agree. I could never figure that out since it seemed as if the person who threw the purse and cellphone out would have likely done so--AFTER--the concert. Otherwise, someone would have found them as they left the concert and were on their way to their cars, and back to the dorms, etc. For this reason, I suspected her friends for the longest time. Now I feel ashamed of myself for blaming them. I can see how easily that Morgan would have gotten into a taxi. I think JM waited until the parking lot was clear to throw her purse and cellphone out where they were sure to be found. Poor Morgan was already dead by the time her purse was found that morning.

LE is not revealing details of evidence in either case. Whats the objective of hiding evidence esp in mh case. When would the police be forced to reveal info

I read that LE may well charge JM with Morgan's murder and take it to trial before they take the abduction of Hannah to trial. This would account for the lack of information being released publicly. It also explains why they DID let everyone know that JM is linked to Morgan and the Fairfax case by DNA.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/us/virginia-unsolved-cases/index.html?hpt=us_c1
cnn article about other possible victims.

Cassandra Morton went missing oct 2009
The sheriff noted that Morton was reported missing by her parents the same day as Morgan Harrington, a Virginia Tech student whose body was found in January 2010.

not sure if this is the place I should be posting this, but there are so many different threads at this point for this, its a little confusing....and sorry if this has been posted previously, but came across It and thought it was worth the post.

If this is resemblence then all black guys look and all white guys look alike. The sketch is nothing like JM

Really? I totally disagree. Composite sketches are rarely spot on. Can you not see the similarities in the nose shape, lip shape, face shape, hair line? No...it doesn't look exactly like him...but there are definite similarities there.

We can debate all day about whether we think we can see a likeness or not
BUT, you can not argue with the above post

No one is going to get arrested based on the sketch alone. I don't think it particularly resemble JM but it's not so bad as HG's description to eliminate him on descrips alone.

I need to read more about Childs and Metzler.. its been awhile and my brain is foggy... were they together for sure or is it possible that David came upon the act and lost his life trying to help Childs? Forgive me for asking as I truly dont know alot about that case... and am late for work and am on websleuths and am afraid to start reading for fear of being REALLY late !

They were certainly together as they were boyfriend and girlfriend. They went out to a part of the Jefferson National Forest to spend some time together around sunset.

Elley Mae said:

At the time he fled, local LE did not have the forensic results back from their search of his car and apartment. If I had to guess, the forensic evidence was what gave them enough probable cause to issue the arrest warrant. Think it was mostly just timing.

I am not going to complain about LE efforts in this-- they caught a guy who imo is most likely guilty and did it within 2 weeks.
Ditto ElleyMae's post. You may well be correct, MidgeC; probably you are. On the other hand, Longo really, really wanted to arrest JM right away but couldn't get the CA to agree. Maybe (ok, long shot) after JM decides to run after the speeding warrant, that was enough to get CA to give Longo the arrest warrant he wanted for intent to defile. I just do not think LE has as much evidence as they are leading us to believe. And now Longo saying he thinks Hannah may still be alive?

I totally agree. I could never figure that out since it seemed as if the person who threw the purse and cellphone out would have likely done so--AFTER--the concert. Otherwise, someone would have found them as they left the concert and were on their way to their cars, and back to the dorms, etc. For this reason, I suspected her friends for the longest time. Now I feel ashamed of myself for blaming them. I can see how easily that Morgan would have gotten into a taxi. I think JM waited until the parking lot was clear to throw her purse and cellphone out where they were sure to be found. Poor Morgan was already dead by the time her purse was found that morning.

totally agree with this. it would have been so easy for him to do this considering he was driving a taxi at the time.... What I find so scary is that we all teach our kids at that age, to find a cab...don't ride home with strangers. she prob caught the cab, thinking she was being safe....the right choice, right?

Really? I totally disagree. Composite sketches are rarely spot on. Can you not see the similarities in the nose shape, lip shape, face shape, hair line? No...it doesn't look exactly like him...but there are definite similarities there.

I agree - considering that the victim had been beaten and choked unconscious, I think she did a pretty darn good job of relaying the features.

I agree - considering that the victim had been beaten and choked unconscious, I think she did a pretty darn good job of relaying the features.

If you go over to the older Morgan Harrington threads, you will see where they pegged another guy for looking just like the sketch. It looks like a million black guys (and that doesn't mean all black guys look the same).

There was an earlier article linked here where one of JM's friends was interviewed and said that friends joked with JM when the composite sketch came out years ago. They told JM the sketch was a spitting image of him. After that they say he shaved his beard and grew his hair long and wore braids.

It just boils down to personal opinion. Some see the resemblance, some don't. To say or suggest he looks like a million or every other black guy out there is really not cool. Black people are just as unique looking as any other race.

Some facts about the Childs/Metzler murders that took place on August 26th, 2009. Their bodies were found the next morning.

- Were killed between 8:25 and 10:00 p.m. at the parking lot (along Craig Creek Road) of Caldwell Fields in the Jefferson National Forest in Montgomery Co., Virginia.

- Both had just begun their sophomore years at Virginia Tech.

- Were killed with a .30-.30 hunting rifle.

- Metzler's body was found inside the car

- Childs body was outside the car. Details on if Heidi Childs was sexually assaulted were not disclosed to the public.

- The police have DNA in the form of fingerprints.

- Childs' purse was taken, along with a silver Motorola Razr phone, a silver Sony Cybershot camera, a Virginia Tech ID card and lanyard, and a credit card.

Ditto ElleyMae's post. You may well be correct, MidgeC; probably you are. On the other hand, Longo really, really wanted to arrest JM right away but couldn't get the CA to agree. Maybe (ok, long shot) after JM decides to run after the speeding warrant, that was enough to get CA to give Longo the arrest warrant he wanted for intent to defile. I just do not think LE has as much evidence as they are leading us to believe. And now Longo saying he thinks Hannah may still be alive?

See someone sees it the way I do. :) I mean the guy had a job, he had a place and was about the move to another place. They spooked him is what they did. I saw a picture of him from school, he was dancing and kids (students) were lined up in the background watching/looking at him dancing. The ones looking at him were laughing AT him. There is a new poster here that knows him and said that kids did laugh AT him, and that he didn't get it. I find that sad that he so wanted to be liked and accepted and didn't know/realize his friends were laughing AT him. IDK jmo

See someone sees it the way I do. :) I mean the guy had a job, he had a place and was about the move to another place. They spooked him is what they did. I saw a picture of him from school, he was dancing and kids (students) were lined up in the background watching/looking at him dancing. The ones looking at him were laughing AT him. There is a new poster here that knows him and said that kids did laugh AT him, and that he didn't get it. I find that sad that he so wanted to be liked and accepted and didn't know/realize his friends were laughing AT him. IDK jmo

I have a family member who works with mentally handicapped adults. She believes that those who are only marginally handicapped often have the most behavioral problems-- that is because they are sensible enough to know that they are somehow different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV