JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where to put this. I'm sure a lot of you have thought of this, but please keep Hannah's parents in your prayers if you pray. They may have known this awhile, but I'd imagine this is devastating for them. I know I'm swinging back and forth between delight a single person is connected to these crimes (as opposed to several out there!) and an enormous amount of pity for the Grahams. Not only do they now know she's probably dead, but based on MH, she probably died very violently. I'll say again, I pray HG was totally out of it on some drug JM gave her.

All I have been thinking about since this case started (HG) is the Baton Rouge serial killer. It's just been on my mind a lot since this case began.

I hope he makes a deal and gives closure to Hannah's family and to the families of other potential victims.

Virginia is a capital punishment state, although just a couple people are put to death each year. If the authorities can get a conviction for the Harrington murder I think they would be inclined to just go for the electric chair for her murder rather than negotiate it down to life imprisonment if he provides information as to where the other bodies are buried.

“We worked five years to get to this point, so we are relieved,” Morgan Harrington’s mother Gil said. Harrington added it was now time for her to take a step back and let investigators do their job and find Hannah.

“We are heartbroken for her family. We know what they’re going through,”

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/29/hannah-graham-morgan-harrington-connection/

In Lexington, VA (about an hour from Cville) someone reported seeing a man similar to the sketch that was connected to Morgan. This report was released about a day or two after Hannah disappeared. I wonder if they spotted a man with short hair (wouldn't be JM) or someone with long braids that is JM. Because to me one of the sketches looks nothing like him. The sketch looks like someone in his 50's.

Just thinking out loud and wonder if someone (a friend or such) around this area knows him and released that statement to the police. For some reason that has puzzled me. Maybe because I live nearby Lex, but if I saw JM walking around W&L campus, I would never match him to the sketch released.

Does she even still live in the US? She was an immigrant (as far as I know). I dunno, seems like an incident like violent rape may have spurred her to return to her home country.
No clue, but if I was her, I would probably have gone back home after that horrifying experience.

They are tippy toeing through this DNA link. I wonder if the DNA on MH shirt matched any DNA that was on her body and if more than one persons DNA was discovered on the MH case. Was the DNA match to the rape victim harvested from the Pantera shirt or her body (if any was present on the body)?

According to the Disappeared episode on MH, the only DNA found on the Pantera t-shirt was DNA to prove it was MH. The DNA that was found and linked to the Fairfax rape was found on the body.

I just re-watched the Disappeared episode (season 4 episode 3) for MH last night. I was struck by a few similarities between the cases of MH and HG

* Both were separated from their peer groups and alone.
* Both had an altered state of mind. Both had been drinking.

Snipped

Predators are on high alert for such behavior. ^^^^^^ Easy prey.

I'm not sure where to put this. I'm sure a lot of you have thought of this, but please keep Hannah's parents in your prayers if you pray. They may have known this awhile, but I'd imagine this is devastating for them. I know I'm swinging back and forth between delight a single person is connected to these crimes (as opposed to several out there!) and an enormous amount of pity for the Grahams. Not only do they now know she's probably dead, but based on MH, she probably died very violently. I'll say again, I pray HG was totally out of it on some drug JM gave her.

I agree. . .it's kind of mixed emotions, huh? I am sooo happy that they likely have caught a serial killer that has been terrorizing the area for years, but very sad about the implications for Hannah. JM is a sadistic, brutally violent killer. Ugh! :(

On a completely selfish note, I'm glad I will not have to eat my keyboard now.

Hi Websleuthers. Total newbie here (longtime lurker). First I want to say that y'all are so dang smart...there have been so, so many posts in this case where I am blown away by the insight and ideas that websleuthers have. The MH case originally drew me to this site...I was completely obsessed. When Hannah was reported missing, I knew where I would would go to find "my sleuthing people".

My heart is just breaking for both the Harrington and Graham families. Words can't describe what they must be going through.

Here's my newbie gut feeling about something related to both MH and HG. When Chief Longo had the conference where he described what to be on the lookout for while searching for Hannah, he appropriately mentioned her clothing, iPhone, and later her shoes. Made sense. But it also got me to thinking...what about that big, easily noticed watch/bracelet on her arm in the closed circuit camera photo from the hallway? I thought why would he neglect to mention something so obvious, he certainly doesn't seem to be a man who overlooks the obvious. I listened to the conference twice and thought...odd. Very odd. No mention of jewelry. But I forgot about it in the ongoing barrage of information, conferences, arrest, etc.

On Sunday, I went back to the FBI site for MH, was clicking around, and clicked on that huge photo of Morgan's missing necklace. I said, how strange, the necklace is missing, it's clearly a link, it's made out of links, crystal links, watches have links...(you know how your mind wanders on these things). Hmmm....and then my mind snapped right back to Hannah. What about her watch/bracelet? Clearly that's a MAJOR personal item, but again - never mentioned by Longo. Shouldn't people be looking for that watch/bracelet? Then I thought...what if this guy had both of these pieces of jewelry? What if that's something that LE found right off of the bat, so they didn't mention it? Sure would be helpful in getting charges brought if they located both of those items, together...JMO. Today's news says there is true DNA matching going on, so the jewelry angle isn't as important...but I sure did think it was odd at the time, especially since serial murderers/rapists like their "trophies" and would be likely to keep such items.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I thought I'd bring it up just in case!

MH's necklace was not recovered with her body correct???

I wonder if LE discovered it when they searched JLM's vehicle or home?

I also just read that Hannah & Morgan's case have a connection. This is so sad, I'm praying they find Hannah soon and she is alive.
Justice for Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member