JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you say that? The man hasn't even been charged with a crime warranting it. Though I think the evidence will begin to point towards the fact he did it, you must surely know we are not privy to all of it. As such, we should govern, or at least be aware, of our own bias. This forum is about helping to solve mysteries; not dole out extrajudicial judgment upon others.

Does Virginia have the DP ?

I sure hope so because JM deserves it !

:twocents: and :moo:

Agreed.

This man was arrested for the abduction with intent to defile of Hannah Graham. He has been linked to Morgan's murder. As a 2005 rape case is linked via DNA to Morgan, we can guess JM's link to that rape as well. He has been charged in the past of larceny and assault which he cried his way out of. He has been convicted of trespassing. I kind of think the possibility that the LM rape allegation was based on "consensual" anything is about nil.

I pretty much agree with you -- I was trying to emphasize that she didn't cooperate, and there is now most likely no forensic evidence.

Some people here (and in other places) appear to suggest that LU did something wrong here. I not sure I see that.

I completely agree. This makes me feel an overwhelming sadness for his victims and their families. I rarely "hate" people, but having seen the video of him following HG and now knowing what he has done, hatred does not even begin to describe what I am feeling...

http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/pre...dia-campaign-in-morgan-harrington-murder-case

Sexual Assault in Fairfax City, Virginia

On the evening of Saturday, September 24, 2005, a 26-year-old victim was walking home from the Giant Food Store located on the 3700 block of Jermantown Road in Fairfax City, Virginia. The suspect grabbed the victim from behind as she walked down Rock Garden Drive toward her residence. He then carried the victim to a grassy area behind a maintenance shed, where he sexually assaulted her. The suspect was last seen running from the area.

The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair at the time of the attack. He is approximately 6’0” tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the attack.

The public is asked to review this information and consider whether they know someone who generally fits this description, who lived or had ties to the area around the times of the assaults, or who may have been known to spend considerable amounts of time in those areas.

People who know the suspect may not believe that he is capable of committing these crimes. He may not necessarily have a violent criminal history. Because investigators are in possession of DNA evidence that can either positively link the suspect to his crimes or exclude innocent parties, citizens should not hesitate to provide information, even if it is just the name of a potential suspect.

The following agencies are cooperating in the investigation of these crimes: the Virginia State Police, City of Fairfax Police, University of Virginia Police, Charlottesville Police, Albemarle County Police, Albemarle County Commonwealth’s Attorney, Virginia Tech Police Department, George Mason Police Department, and the FBI.

I have only posted here a couple times but i think this is alot bigger then we realize! So far we know he started his rampage in 2002 with the rape of college girl. Their are so many missing girl cases that i found of teen girls missing and young adults it remarkable. From Virgina Beach to Cville and Cville to Washington! Someone with this much hate to crush bones you can not bypass the age of a girl. We know he likes them young but would 16 or 17 be out of the question? So many that haven't been found. He is a hunter stalking his victims. That's a bad thing about missing people sometimes they vanish with out a trace and if and when they ever found there maybe no clues or dna to link the predator. I would really like to see him get the death penalty. Then part of me would like to see him spend the rest of his life in jail to give up the locations of his murder victims!

I was one of the ones who suggested it. I don't know for certain that they did, but too many times I have witnessed universities protect their "stars" at the expense of a victim. If they pressured the victim or refused to help her, they should be held accountable a million times over. See LU thread for charges against them concerning sexual assault cases...

[/B]

I pretty much agree with you -- I was trying to emphasize that she didn't cooperate, and there is now most likely no forensic evidence.

Some people here (and in other places) appear to suggest that LU did something wrong here. I not sure I see that.

Holy crap. I'm so very happy for those who live in Virginia that this man has been apprehended. I'm just sorry it may have cost Hannah Graham her life, but his crimes end here. That is a very small consolation.

Why do I get the distinct feeling that if we find Hannah, we may find some of the other missing girls in Virginia? I'm willing to bet this guy is tied to more than one, and I'm sure the local authorities and the BCI are combing through his whereabouts for the last 15+ years as I type this.

I was one of the ones who suggested it. I don't know for certain that they did, but too many times I have witnessed universities protect their "stars" at the expense of a victim. If they pressured the victim or refused to help her, they should be held accountable a million times over. See LU thread for charges against them concerning sexual assault cases...
Well at least they kicked him out. That is a lot more than UVA has done in the last 10 years or so.

I 'm jumping in late to this thread which I skimmed through quickly. Did I miss where LE said there is a forensic match between JM and any other rape or murder victim?

Was it ever confirmed that Morgan's bones were broken prior to her death? It's a sickening thought, but if her bones were broken post-mortem (which I sincerely hope was the case, for Morgan and her family), JLM could have fit her into something that allowed him to carry 120 pounds more compactly adn easily. I don't know the MH case in depth, but it crossed my mind. :(

The cab company no longer exists so who knows how many times the vehicle has changed hands. Perhaps there could still be evidence to be discovered however.

I thought the owner of the cab company was interviewed on tv (sorry I don't have the link)--but he's not still running the business?

I thought the owner of the cab company was interviewed on tv (sorry I don't have the link)--but he's not still running the business?

The current owner commented that the business had changed hands twice since JM was employed there, and he didn't have comprehensive employment records from that time, but was trying to help LE.

Can a Family Member's DNA Solve a Fairfax Rape and Morgan Harrington's Murder?

http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxci...rs-dna-solve-a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12
Updated April 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Virginia Department of Forensic Science (DFS) now has the ability to search DNA databases for near-misses. This technique, called familial DNA searching, looks for those already in the database who have DNA similar to that obtained from the crime scene. Instead of needing an exact match to show up in the search results, this new practice lists those DNA profiles that bear a strong similarity to the crime scene profile, suggesting that the persons who provided the DNA may be related.

I 'm jumping in late to this thread which I skimmed through quickly. Did I miss where LE said there is a forensic match between JM and any other rape or murder victim?

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/29/hannah-graham-morgan-harrington-connection/

This is from the statement released by LE this afternoon (BBM):

“For the past five years, the Virginia State Police has been aggressively pursuing the investigation into the disappearance and death of 20-year-old Morgan D. Harrington of Roanoke, Va,” Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller wrote in an email following the CBS 6 News report. “Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue. There is a still a great deal of work to be done in regards to this investigation and we appreciate the public’s patience as we move forward.”

This one really seemed overwhelming to me as more information came in. I was surprised by the intense criticism of Chief Longo and skepticism about the case when it appeared there wasn't anything concrete backing that criticism/skepticism. But I do tend to start with the belief that the police have no ulterior motive and want to catch the right person so they have something substantial when they finger a suspect or make an arrest, even when they don't turn over their investigatory files to a demanding public. It's only when something comes out showing there is a major problem, or tons of exculpatory evidence, like with the Tonya Craft case, that I tend to veer from that position. Some may not feel the same way.

This is how I feel. I also don't assume LE is racist just because they're white. Assuming they are is as racist as assuming he's guilty due to being black IMO. It's a big pet peeve of mine.

The flip to that theory is that if there is a connection to the MH case making that information public might persuade someone to come forward and reveal information that leads LE to Hannah's remains.

A friend or family member of JM might believe an accident scenario in Hannah's case but if there's a DNA link to other victims it could break their silence.

Let's face it the more they can charge him with the better. From a negotiation and conviction standpoint.

I hope he makes a deal and gives closure to Hannah's family and to the families of other potential victims.

It was a good call flying him back on a private jet. Can you imagine the outrage from passengers upon learning the airline placed a serial killer on their flight?

The LE agencies involved have done a tremendous job and are fulling Gil Harrington's quest to "save the next girl". Hopefully now they can bring Hannah home and provide closure for other victims and their family members as well.

Now we know why Morgan's killer was trying to make it look like UVA students were involved - putting her body near the party house, leaving her t-shirt near student apartments and fraternity houses. But since he knows they got his DNA off Morgan and/or her shirt, I bet he made sure he put Hannah somewhere either where she wouldn't be found (bury her?) or in the water.
I've also wondered if his car had that damage and spare on it before Hannah's disappearance or only afterward. Didn't someone say his car had looked like that for a while? If so, maybe that's why LE has been focusing its search on areas relatively close to the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly