JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been obsessively following cases for at least 12 years!
Everything I have learned in those years failed me in this case.

Don't worry, dear. I'm very active (not as long as you've been active) on this site as well, and have been for about 2 years. But this guy had me under his spell as well. :( Hey, we're still valuable, and our input is still appreciated!!! :)

I think the 2005 rape victim ID'd him immediately. So they knew they had to get him in, however they could, to give a DNA sample.

Yep. "Four corners of the earth" from Longo.

D e a t h p e n a l t y

I see a plea bargain to avoid it, if convicted! I don't see him talking anytime soon (either about the location of the body or what he did), especially when he can use it to avoid a death penalty, if convicted of more severe crimes! The current charges aren't death penalty! I surely hope I am wrong, or unfortunately it might be awhile before we get answers!

Is there any chance that LE can now trace the taxi JM drove at the time MH disappeared to see if it yields any forensic evidence? Maybe LE is many steps ahead and has already done this.

Wow. This was always a possibility, but I thought like a 1% chance. My mind is blown, but am looking forward to justice being served for all women involved.

I haven't followed this case terribly closely, but I was around for Randy Allen Taylor when many of these same victim threads were opened up as possibilities. Nothing came of that, and I expected the same thing here (there's a tendency to want to see a serial killer in every garden-variety murderer), so I'm quite surprised as well.

But it doesn't mean your contributions weren't useful. Each time you argued your position, the focus became clearer for those who argued just the opposite. Iron sharpens iron. It's hard to be your own devil's advocate. It all helps even if turns out you were wrong! That's what I've learned during this crazy week since I've joined WS.
What a kind thing to say, thank you.

I think the 2005 rape victim ID'd him immediately. So they knew they had to get him in, however they could, to give a DNA sample.
That's a good point... I've been wondering why she hadn't spoken up immediately, but maybe she did.

Maybe not quite 'immediately', though. They let him get away with no chase. I know hindsight...., but he was worth (even a possibly dangerous) chase if they knew that then.

I'll agree with you there, the earlier sketch was very similar, to me it looked just like him. The revised sketch, not so much. JM didn't really age a great deal, but he did gain weight and dramatically change his hairstyle. So the later revised sketch didn't look like him much at all...

Is there a link to the earlier sketch? The only one I can find is the current one. Thanks in advance!

I was skeptical of the link until I realized the dates were far too coincidental. He was accused of rape at Liberty and kicked out of the college subsequently on October 17th. That was the exact day that MH disappeared from the concert. To me that was far far too coincidental and I began to suspect forensics would come back and link him. Also looking at the cases/dates of other missing young women it seems like perhaps there is a pattern. I wonder how many other atrocities he's committed. Now to just fine poor Hannah :(.

JLM being linked to Morgan is a game changer. There is a tipping point when even the strongest defenders in the family... start to doubt that JLM is innocent and become silent. FACTS have a way of changing a lot of opinions. His Momma will still probably believe he is innocent...because to believe what is being said, is almost unthinkable.

agree and I would never hold it against mom dad or grandma for believe he is innocent to the end. I was more thinking of people here and some on twitter (although i think some of the twitter ones have a racial agenda). BUT again i believe everyone has their right to an opinion its just hard for me to understand sometimes.

Don't worry, dear. I'm very active (not as long as you've been active) on this site as well, and have been for about 2 years. But this guy had me under his spell as well. :( Hey, we're still valuable, and our input is still appreciated!!! :)
It's nice to not be the only one fooled. We're lucky we were fooled through a computer screen and not in person, like poor Hannah and Morgan. :(

I wonder how many other victims there are. No way has this guy lay dormant for 5 years jmo

Is there any chance that LE can now trace the taxi JM drove at the time MH disappeared to see if it yields any forensic evidence? Maybe LE is many steps ahead and has already done this.

The cab company no longer exists so who knows how many times the vehicle has changed hands. Perhaps there could still be evidence to be discovered however.

That's a good point... I've been wondering why she hadn't spoken up immediately, but maybe she did.

Does she even still live in the US? She was an immigrant (as far as I know). I dunno, seems like an incident like violent rape may have spurred her to return to her home country.

All I can say is wowsers. Did I think from the get go JM was guilty in the disappearance of Hannah? You betcha. Did I think this was his first rodeo? NO. I am gobsmacked. I thought maybe rape's that progressed to Murder. I didn't rule out the other potential victims but I wasn't totally on board. Until now. I'm just glad he is off the streets. Given his age I just wonder how many others........Did he ever travel to other States?

I posted early on.. once he was compared to the MH sketch that I'd be shocked if he WASN'T the perp in her case too. :(

ETA: Oh I misread your post. They may have him linked to other crimes and have remained silent about it. LE does like to keep the important evidence close to their vest.

IMO

It's hard to say. I think the reason for making public the connection between morgan and the 2005 case was because there was a sketch and a description and in the MH case they basically had nothing. Would they have made the link to other cases that might not have added any new information or locations IDK thats a good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper