JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JM held down a job, had roommates, coached football, and went about his daily life as a "gentle giant". Amazing that a person can commit such horrific crimes and hide in plain sight.

This is what I cannot shake today.
Group hug, everyone.:grouphug:

Don't you know chills had to run up and down her spine when she saw they had arrested JM?

Shudder.

I think she immediately called LE and told them he was the man who had raped her.

IMO

Agreed.

The woman involved did not return LE calls, so they could not go forward with case. It is possible that is was consensual; premarital sex is forbidden at LU, so maybe she just didn't want to get involved.

Frankly, I can't see what LU did wrong here. Not saying I approve of their rules, but as long as you know them and still enroll, I don't see what the problem is.

This man was arrested for the abduction with intent to defile of Hannah Graham. He has been linked to Morgan's murder. As a 2005 rape case is linked via DNA to Morgan, we can guess JM's link to that rape as well. He has been charged in the past of larceny and assault which he cried his way out of. He has been convicted of trespassing. I kind of think the possibility that the LM rape allegation was based on "consensual" anything is about nil.

I just read that there's a connection between HG and MH. I'm literally shaking. This dude is a predator. I won't be surprised if he's linked with others, as well.

To me he looked very similar to the sketch and I knew he didn't take off because he was scared! He knew his DNA would come back as a match to Morgan's case. And Morgan's shirt found so close to where he used to work. And Morgan's remains so close to where he used to live. Too many coincidences!

But still to finally hear confirmation is stunning. Imagine the relief Morgan's family must feel right now...

Wow, this guy, right under everyone's nose!

I thought the older sketch from 2005, not the sketch from 2010, looked most like JM even though 9 years had passed from the Fairfax rape.

I agree he ran because he knew evidence retrieved from his place of residence during the two searches would be tied to Morgan.

It was spoken of that the female in the LU sexual assault case wasn't white, blonde haired, or blue eyed.

But now i'm wondering....when JM was expelled from LU, was the person in charge of expelling him a white, blonde haired, blue eyed woman?

I got the first part wrong, it was the 2005 attack victim that was not white/blonde/blue. No info on LU victim AFAIK. Question still holds for second part though.

I personally think most of these guys don't have a super specific motive like that and I assume they things that shaped him where already well under way by that time. I think what happened at LU was the beginning of the pattern not what caused the pattern. I think he had a hatred of women, a need to feel powerful and dominant, a need to feel "in control", and possible hypersexuality. I think his arousal (not just sexual, but also general and physical in part as a reaction to stress) would build and build and once he got to a certain point AND the opportunity presented itself he would act. I think its a much more for a primal thing than what you are suggesting.

I think he probably liked young white college coeds because of the obvious high value society puts on them (demonstrated by media coverage) so by doing what he did to them it would make him feel all the more powerful and dominant.

Above is all just my speculations.

Does Virginia have the DP ?

I sure hope so because JM deserves it !

:twocents: and :moo:

Yes, VA does have the DP, and judging from the frightened look in JLM's eyes in his new Cville mugshot, it would seem that he may be cognizant of that fact.

I just re-watched the Disappeared episode (season 4 episode 3) for MH last night. I was struck by a few similarities between the cases of MH and HG

* Both were college aged white girls that were slender and had light hair
* Both were separated from their peer groups and alone
* Both had an altered state of mind. Both had been drinking.
* Strangers tried to help them and they turned down help.
* Eyewitnesses reported that they were acting strangely. HG not being able to walk and being held up and MH appearing to have a contusion on her chin and acting drunk or like she had a head injury.
* Both were spotted alone near the train tracks in Charlottesville.

I am so happy that the Harringtons can now know that the person who murdered MH is off the street. I hope that the body of HG will be discovered soon so that the Graham's can have the same peace.

I think the LE should be definitely looking for cases that have similar profiles. College aged girls who had been isolated from their peer group or on their own for other reasons such as the rape victim in Fairfax who had been walking on her own after work.

One thing that stood out to me in the episode is that LE insisted that the perp (who we now know is JLM) had to know the area because of having to navigate streams and rivers. To me this means that LE should be looking in similar areas in that areas that are hard to traverse that would be known to JLM. Pointing out streams and rivers made me think off JLM's love of fishing. Perhaps he knew that area because of fishing. If these are known fishing areas, perhaps they should look in other known fishing areas in the area that are harder to get to.

I am really glad they have caught JLM and I really hope more cases will be solved.

Wow. This was always a possibility, but I thought like a 1% chance. My mind is blown, but am looking forward to justice being served for all women involved.

Yes, VA does have the DP, and judging from the frightened look in JLM's eyes in his new Cville mugshot, it would seem that he may be cognizant of that fact.
I have to respectfully disagree with you. He doesn't look frightened at all to me...I think he has a bit of a smile/smirk going on.

I just re-watched the Disappeared episode (season 4 episode 3) for MH last night. I was struck by a few similarities between the cases of MH and HG

* Both were college aged white girls that were slender and had light hair
* Both were separated from their peer groups and alone
* Both had an altered state of mind. Both had been drinking.
* Strangers tried to help them and they turned down help.
* Eyewitnesses reported that they were acting strangely. HG not being able to walk and being held up and MH appearing to have a contusion on her chin and acting drunk or like she had a head injury.
* Both were spotted alone near the train tracks in Charlottesville.

I am so happy that the Harringtons can now know that the person who murdered MH is off the street. I hope that the body of HG will be discovered soon so that the Graham's can have the same peace.

I think the LE should be definitely looking for cases that have similar profiles. College aged girls who had been isolated from their peer group or on their own for other reasons such as the rape victim in Fairfax who had been walking on her own after work.

One thing that stood out to me in the episode is that LE insisted that the perp (who we now know is JLM) had to know the area because of having to navigate streams and rivers. To me this means that LE should be looking in similar areas in that areas that are hard to traverse that would be known to JLM. Pointing out streams and rivers made me think off JLM's love of fishing. Perhaps he knew that area because of fishing. If these are known fishing areas, perhaps they should look in other known fishing areas in the area that are harder to get to.

I am really glad they have caught JLM and I really hope more cases will be solved.

Thanks for listing the season/episode. I will watch on Netflix.

Like you, I immediately felt that JM was responsible for MH's murder as well. Perhaps Jesse didn't make it into Mexico because he didn't have a passport. I'm just speculating though.

I pray that Hannah is found soon.

No passport required to enter Mexico by land travel. To return to the U.S. yes. I have done it many times.

I have been obsessively following cases for at least 12 years!
Everything I have learned in those years failed me in this case.

But it doesn't mean your contributions weren't useful. Each time you argued your position, the focus became clearer for those who argued just the opposite. Iron sharpens iron. It's hard to be your own devil's advocate. It all helps even if turns out you were wrong! That's what I've learned during this crazy week since I've joined WS.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. He doesn't look frightened at all to me...I think he has a bit of a smile/smirk going on.

I agree. I think he thinks he is Teflon. Guess he kinda was. Til now.

Finally pitching in my .02 worth here...followed MH from Day One. I remember at some point after the discovery at Anchorage Farm it was discussed that there may have been possibly two perps as it was such a remote place and how hard it would be for one person to haul and hide the body there. I think now we have our answer. The so called "gentle giant" is big enough and strong enough to do it all by himself.

There should be full disclosure from Liberty University of the evidence and circumstances involved. Yes, I know hindsight is 20/20... BUT... if Liberty University suspressed this in a ny way so as to not scare the students, or soil the school's "safe Christian atmosphere"....then they need to be publicly shamed.... and send a message to other instituitons that you cannot let these things die. Escallation of violence almost always occurs and at least 3 victims could have been avoided if they did their job right!

while i agree they did turn the case over the local authorities so unless they put pressure on the victim to let it drop i'm not sure they could have done anymore. If they did pressure the victim or suppress information I think they need more than public shaming they need to be for liable civilly and possibly certain individuals criminally.

I thought the older sketch from 2005, not the sketch from 2010, looked most like JM even though 9 years had passed from the Fairfax rape.

I agree he ran because he knew evidence retrieved from his place of residence during the two searches would be tied to Morgan.

I'll agree with you there, the earlier sketch was very similar, to me it looked just like him. The revised sketch, not so much. JM didn't really age a great deal, but he did gain weight and dramatically change his hairstyle. So the later revised sketch didn't look like him much at all...

I honestly think they (LE) have known he was connected to more cases since the PC when the Graham's spoke. They probably got his DNA from car/home that matched the other cases. They did not leak until they had the DNA upon arrest. I think the Grahams knew about the link in DNA before the PC, the Harringtons were probably aware as well. So sorry for the families, on the other hand the Harringtons will hopefully have some closure.

I think the 2005 rape victim ID'd him immediately. So they knew they had to get him in, however they could, to give a DNA sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper