JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But even before he was in the picture, LE would have said this rapist is linked to MH and also whoever else it matched

Many rape kits still sitting on the shelf waiting to be processed imo.

One victim lived (the Fairfax rape).

Don't you know chills had to run up and down her spine when she saw they had arrested JM?

Shudder.

I think she immediately called LE and told them he was the man who had raped her.

IMO

Don't you know chills had to run up and down her spine when she saw they had arrested JM?

Shudder.

I think she immediately called LE and told them he was the man who had raped her.

IMO

I wonder if she is still in the country.

Wow, I am in SHOCK! I followed Morgan's case very closely and have been following Hannah's case as well. I was definitely intrigued by the possibility that JM might also be responsible for Morgan's murder, but had this doubt in the back of my mind...I would bounce back and forth between "nah, we are going to hear that he isn't linked" to "man, this guy is it!" I thought he somewhat resembled the sketch but was careful to keep in mind that the victim was surely traumatized and sketches are never exact. Either way, I seriously did not expect that confirmation would be made publicly this soon, though I am glad it was. Hopefully the release of this information prompts some new tips that will lead to Hannah and perhaps even provide resolution to other open cases. There are many unsolved cases in that area that need a fresh look in light of this major new development.

Above all, I am so relieved that the Harringtons can now begin to have some measure of closure. They have been the epitome of grace under fire throughout this entire terrible ordeal and my heart breaks for them. Today's news brings them one step closer to justice for Morgan and is a huge step towards Helping to Save the Next Girl by taking this predator off of the streets.

About a week ago, I heard "The Unforgiven" by Metallica on the radio, and I immediately thought of Morgan :grouphug:

Now at that time, I knew about HG's case -- but did not know much about it -- so I came here at WS to get caught up.

And then when I saw that JM may be connected to MH, I was like WOW !

:please: for Justice for HG and MH and any other victims !

Every time I hear "nothing else matters" by Metallica I fill up with tears and think of Morgan. This has totally knocked me over tonight. I'm stunned

If DNA from other murders/rapes matches his it seems they would have already been in the news about more than one hit in the data base not just link between fairfax rape and MH?

I think it's been said in one of these threads that the info of that DNA connection was leaked (back when it was revealed both crimes had the same perp, not now) and that LE didn't want that info our there... who knows if they made other connections that haven't been announced yet.

Oh my gosh y'all, is it really true? I have goosebumps......

For everyone saying they're shocked and didn't expect it... I'm with ya! I am totally shocked.
My instincts really suck...

Maybe it's less about instinct than obsession!! I note that many of the websleuths veterans who spend a huge amount of time following these cases were calling it.

I myself try to profile based on cases I've seen but I admit it doesn't always work. I was wrong about the Jenise Wright case, the Jessica Ridegeway case and the Alanna Gallagher case. Many people called those cases as likely having teenaged perps. That seemed crazy to me. So, I learned something to put into my experience bag. Every case is a learning experience for me.

This one really seemed overwhelming to me as more information came in. I was surprised by the intense criticism of Chief Longo and skepticism about the case when it appeared there wasn't anything concrete backing that criticism/skepticism. But I do tend to start with the belief that the police have no ulterior motive and want to catch the right person so they have something substantial when they finger a suspect or make an arrest, even when they don't turn over their investigatory files to a demanding public. It's only when something comes out showing there is a major problem, or tons of exculpatory evidence, like with the Tonya Craft case, that I tend to veer from that position. Some may not feel the same way.

Wow, I am in SHOCK! I followed Morgan's case very closely and have been following Hannah's case as well. I was definitely intrigued by the possibility that JM might also be responsible for Morgan's murder, but had this doubt in the back of my mind...I would bounce back and forth between "nah, we are going to hear that he isn't linked" to "man, this guy is it!" I thought he somewhat resembled the sketch but was careful to keep in mind that the victim was surely traumatized and sketches are never exact. Either way, I seriously did not expect that confirmation would be made publicly this soon, though I am glad it was. Hopefully the release of this information prompts some new tips that will lead to Hannah and perhaps even provide resolution to other open cases. There are many unsolved cases in that area that need a fresh look in light of this major new development.

Above all, I am so relieved that the Harringtons can now begin to have some measure of closure. They have been the epitome of grace under fire throughout this entire terrible ordeal and my heart breaks for them. Today's news brings them one step closer to justice for Morgan and is a huge step towards Helping to Save the Next Girl by taking this predator off of the streets.

Agree with all the above.

Below is a link to a poignant letter written to Morgan by her former VT professor Jane Vance. It is included at the end of the article in its entirety.

http://wvtf.org/post/forensic-evidence-links-suspect-custody-morgan-harrington-case

To me he looked very similar to the sketch and I knew he didn't take off because he was scared! He knew his DNA would come back as a match to Morgan's case. And Morgan's shirt found so close to where he used to work. And Morgan's remains so close to where he used to live. Too many coincidences!

But still to finally hear confirmation is stunning. Imagine the relief Morgan's family must feel right now...

Wow, this guy, right under everyone's nose!

MOD NOTE: Links to fundraising pages are not allowed unless special approval is granted by the site owners.

Maybe it's less about instinct than obsession!! I note that many of the websleuths veterans who spend a huge amount of time following these cases were calling it.

I myself try to profile based on cases I've seen but I admit it doesn't always work. I was wrong about the Jenise Wright case, the Jessica Ridegeway case and the Alanna Gallagher case. Many people called those cases as likely having teenaged perps. That seemed crazy to me. So, I learned something to put into my experience bag. Every case is a learning experience for me.

This one really seemed overwhelming to me as more information came in. I was surprised by the intense criticism of Chief Longo and skepticism about the case when it appeared there wasn't anything concrete backing that criticism/skepticism. But I do tend to start with the belief that the police have no ulterior motive and want to catch the right person so they have something substantial when they finger a suspect or make an arrest, even when they don't turn over their investigatory files to a demanding public. It's only when something comes out showing there is a major problem, or tons of exculpatory evidence, like with the Tonya Craft case, that I tend to veer from that position. Some may not feel the same way.
I have been obsessively following cases for at least 12 years!
Everything I have learned in those years failed me in this case.

Not sure, but I don't think so from MH's pictures that I've seen. In any case though, imo I don't think JM was so picky as to match exact specifics of his victims. It's probably more of a general profile of the types he's targeted. Although, as many have pointed out, I'd not be surprised if there are a host of varied-looking victims. After all, the Fairfax victim didn't look like MH or HG.

I read that MH was 5 foot 7 inches, which is not as obviously tall as HG at 5 foot 11 inches, but sitll taller than the average female. MH had long hair and a slender build, which may have made her appear taller than she really was...plus she was wearing fashionable boots which had a heel.

I think JM's type is any college aged female who is alone and vulnerable.

I'd so love for justice in Morgan's case. I'd heard of it on here but only learned more about it when I caught her episode of Disappeared a few months back. It immediately struck a chord with me because she reminded me of myself and many of my friends, going out to those sorts of gigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper