JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what do you mean by get away? I for one was relieved when Castro killed himself. Those girls would not have to testify, there was no chance of a mistrial, and no tax money wasted on sustaining his horrible existence.

Yes, but they need to keep JM alive. He may be the only one that can tell police where HG is.

I have been an avid reader of webslethus for several years and never posted. I couldn't hold back any longer! I followed the MH case from the start, and when the HG coverage began I saw several simalerties which caught my attention. I knew after I saw JM he was the man in the sketch from 2009. I did a little investigating on his Facebook and noticed that most of his friends were Caucasian many of them women this also caught my attention not because he AA but because of the the fact that both HG and MH are both similar in traits. I knew when the police searched AF that there had to be a link as well as the way the police glossed over any connection between the cases. I remembering reading that MH red camera was missing maybe that could have been found and then DNA linked later on that brought this all together. I am saddened that another women had to suffer at the hands of this monster, but greatful that no one else will.

Do you think he would have been brazen enough to hang these items (jewelry) from his rear view mirror? Makes me sick to my stomach typing that. Either way, if LE found something in plain sight in the car, that probably aided in getting a warrant for the house, right? Or if jewelry from MH or HG (or both) were found in his apartment, maybe there was a hair of MH's on the necklace, or HG's on the watch/bracelet? Or if there were HG hairs in his trunk...that would suggest abduction...

My brain is on overdrive. I guess what I don't understand is this: when would LE have been able to start running JM's preliminary, official DNA? They would need to have him in custody to do that, right? So they couldn't have used his OFFICIAL DNA to link him when he was on the run, tenting and fishing and God knows what else. Right? Or could LE have just assumed that they had his toothbrush and his clothes and whatever else they grabbed from his car/apartment and said...good enough, we can use this to link him to the other rape and to MH. Seems like they would have to have an actual swab of his DNA while in custody to start linking him directly. Right? Ugh. I'm confused.

FBI got the psych profile correct years ago (from the Richmond Times article above):

At the time, the FBI also issued this comment with the release of the match with the Fairfax City assault:

"People who know the suspect may not believe that he is capable of committing these crimes. He may not necessarily have a violent criminal history. Because investigators are in possession of DNA evidence that can either positively link the suspect to his crimes or exclude innocent parties, citizens should not hesitate to provide information, even if it is just the name of a potential suspect."

Are you the one who posted that earlier, before we learned of this link? I thought it was spot on then. Even more so now.

I'm not sure where to put this. I'm sure a lot of you have thought of this, but please keep Hannah's parents in your prayers if you pray. They may have known this awhile, but I'd imagine this is devastating for them. I know I'm swinging back and forth between delight a single person is connected to these crimes (as opposed to several out there!) and an enormous amount of pity for the Grahams. Not only do they now know she's probably dead, but based on MH, she probably died very violently. I'll say again, I pray HG was totally out of it on some drug JM gave her.

Thank you. Poignant post.

Just curious what do you mean by get away? I for one was relieved when Castro killed himself. Those girls would not have to testify, there was no chance of a mistrial, and no tax money wasted on sustaining his horrible existence.

but he didn't kill himself with information only he knew.

Did police ever go into detail about how Morgan was killed?

In one of the interviews with friends of JM, someone referred to him as “Lennie” from Of Mice and Men. This haunted me, even more so today. He really presents himself as someone who doesn’t know his own strength and lacks impulse control. Rather than “I was just petting him, George,” and hiding the victims of his strength, JM seems to just be “loving these women,” without any understanding of the carnage he leaves behind. Somehow he continues to function, hiding the horrible deeds in his past. I am emotionally devastated for the families of his victims. Hoping, praying that he helps to bring Hannah home. He does seem to be “sorry” when caught and confronted. SOOOOOOOOOO sad….when do we stop thinking it is normal for guys to exhibit “prowling” behavior, as one of his friends called it.

I just got home from work and saw the update. I don't know how to even express my feelings right now! I want to be happy that a link was made but I can't feel happy when the families of the victims, and then victims themselves, have had their hearts broken.
I'm just learning of the new update as well. I can't quite express my feelings either. I welled up and just started shaking when I read the article about the DNA linking JM to Morgan. I want to be happy too - and I AM happy for Morgan and for her distraught family....I actually looked to the sky and spoke to her without evening thinking about it! I said "Morgan....They found him, Girl! I'm sorry he hurt you and took your precious earthly life, but they found him!" But I am also sad for Hannah's family. OMG.....that poor family.

One of the few decent things Ariel Castro ever did....

IMO he should have been caged like an animal and left living the rest of his life there in fear. He just took the easy way out. Although I understand your comment meaning...

Did police ever go into detail about how Morgan was killed?

I was JUST rewatching the Disappeared about her on Netflix and they said LP refused to disclose cause of death. They also said they hoped the DNA link would prove useful some day.

Does she even still live in the US? She was an immigrant (as far as I know). I dunno, seems like an incident like violent rape may have spurred her to return to her home country.

I followed MH's case from the beginning. IIRC, when the Sketch from the Fairfax victim was introduced, it was stated that the victim no longer lived in the US.

What the actual f..k? Morgan Harrington mam has tirelessly worked to support other parents of missing girls in the area. She is instrumental in setting up "Help Save the next girl". She has fought to keep her daughter's tragic slaying in the spotlight! I'm staggered tbh. What a horrible, insensitive thing to say! I feel sick at someone being awful about Gil Harrington

yep of all the crazy *advertiser censored* stuff I have heard on this forum over the years this might take the cake.

On second thought, I would have to agree with you about Ariel Castro.

Very interesting. Surely the cab angle was checked out by police at the time of Morgans disappearance. Seems like that would have been a given. He seems to hide in plain sight like Gil Harrington said. Well known in community, for good and for bad. It's all just so....weird.

Makes me wonder if JM was indeed 'stiffed' of those two fares he claimed made him so angry when he assaulted the lawyer in 2009. Since he allegedly offered free rides to young women and all. Perhaps he was just angry that things didn't go as he'd planned.

Wasn't MH wandering around just like HG was? Was it ever revealed if MH had taken any drugs with her friends that night? Or, was she drinking? Seems both girls took off alone and were "ditched" by their friends....I'll never understand that part. So sad

To be fair - MH "ditched" her friends by leaving the Arena and then texting them that she was going somewhere else after not being able to reenter and she'd get a ride home - IIRC Yes, I believe they were wrong to leave Cville without her. Period. Hindsight for 20 year olds.
With HG, according to early reports, she rebuffed an offer of someone walking her home. I believe there was somewhere else she wanted to go - and didn't feel like she wanted them to go with her. Most likely didn't want to "put them out".....hampered judgement due to alcohol. What was wrong again, is why nobody followed up with her to make sure she was safe, even if Saturday morning when they received the text.

....In general I believe nothing this woman says.

????

"This woman" lost a beautiful daughter in the most horrific way. This woman has helped and done everything in her power to support another family who are going through the same thing.

Sorry to post about this again, but that pissed me off.

I always think of the what ifs... what if his friends noticed the resemblance and called LE. Would Morgan be alive? Hannah going to college today? Just all around sad for everyone involved.

Gil Harrington. I could say so much. I have so much respect for her. What an amazing , thoughtful, tough, honest, spiritual - just all around incredible woman. I feel so much warmth for her....

I apologise if anyone was offended by my language (even though I blanked it). I'm just stunned that someone could diss Gil Harrington. If it was one of my children, I don't think I could be half as brave and driven as she has. And I know I would want her (and chief Longo) in my corner. I stand in awe of the Harrington's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper