JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to JM's whining, he may be 32 years of age, but he acts much younger, i.e. his attention-seeking ways and the way he thinks it's okay to touch inappropriately, throwing people over his shoulder without permission. When I heard his whining, he sounded like a teenage boy (with no offense to teenage boys).

His delayed thinking also stood out to me.

moo

Perhaps to deflect suspicion to others?

This. Or, because he got cockier as he kept getting away with the crimes, and was mocking police in some way? Now, I fully realize that the guy is not sharpest tool in the shed. But perhaps he thought he was as sly and evasive as the Zodiac killer or BTK or something? God only knows. Being on a bunch of video surveillance with a missing college student, and then leaving on two wheels out of town, doesn't exactly portend high intelligence. But, maybe he was a legend in his own mind, or something.

objects or property owned by someone who gives their consent,i.e. the bar that owns the glass. Illegally obtained evidence is property legally owned by the suspect for which there is no warrant and no exigent circumstances. But you can even go through someone's trash left out on the curb as that status is interpreted legally as abandoned property, at least under the federal constitution. It's possible for state constitutions to provide greater protection but I don't know if any do or if any states have laws preventing LE from obtaining such abandoned evidence. But you can't just take or demand DNA evidence from a person as that is considered an illegal search & seizure.

If JM was on LE's radar screen for 12 years and they had DNA, why the heck didn't they get a cig butt or a drink glass and run DNA.

Is that illegal?

bbm

According to the article I posted a link to above, the press found out that the Pantera shirt was Morgan's mid-April -- at least a week before the case was finalized. It makes you wonder if JLM had an "Oh, *****!" moment when that news came out, realizing he'd left a little more of himself that he'd realized on that Pantera shirt.

Psychopathic predators are very calculating and have a reason/motive for everything they say and everything they do, from my info and imo. JM knew that if he was convicted of a felony that his dna would be entered into FBI CODIS and his life would fall apart like a house of cards again, as it did in 2002..

Im sure this is the wrong thread but we lost GD so ill try anyway..+im new :(

I was reading an article a couple years back where trafficking was found in Harrisburg Va and the victim said they were also operating out of an apartment in Charlottesville Va....my question is, The owner of Tempo was he Honduras I only ask because of their confusion and LACK of memory as to what did amd didnt happen that night with HH and JM

When he assaulted the male driver, I have to wonder if he'd have such remorse if the driver was a woman. And I have to think a part of him is a misogynist and possibly a psychopath. A psychopath would worry about his clothing in prison. (I'd be curious to know if he has tattoos. That would be along the lines of worrying about clothing. Meaning he may be scared of a needle, something harming him. Something he may not like.)

Also, he was kicked out of LU and grew up in Cvill and surroundings. It's a huge college town/city with a lot of well-to-do students. Possibly in back of his mind the haves and have nots. Those advancing in life, etc. Or possibly simply the perfect area to commit these crimes. Yet he also seems incredibly slow. Taking sisters car to TX, not shaving braids.

Im sure this is the wrong thread but we lost GD so ill try anyway..+im new :(

I was reading an article a couple years back where trafficking was found in Harrisburg Va and the victim said they were also operating out of an apartment in Charlottesville Va....my question is, The owner of Tempo was he Honduras I only ask because of their confusion and LACK of memory as to what did amd didnt happen that night with HH and JM
Sorry about all the errors....im on my phone and can barely see

Is it possible LE had a good idea about JM from past cases, but no evidence/probable cause to go after him?

Just that some of the words Gill Harrington uses gives me this feeling.

I posted before that I would be surprised if LE didn't have a file on JM, especially after they found MH and linked her case to the rape in Fairfax where they had a sketch. I think they would have at least looked at any taxi drivers that could match the sketch. They must not have found any reason to believe he was the perp though. :dunno:

I have a question for some of the more experienced sleuthers who have experience with many cases. We now know LE has established a forensic link between JM and Morgan. And we know that JM was first accused of raping a woman at LU on October 17, the same date that, years later, Morgan disappeared. Do you think this means dates are important to him and we should be looking for date connections in other possible cases? Or is this likely a major coincidence?

I don't think it's a coincidence.

This is why I don't think the LU (alleged) rape is the source of JM's pathology but rather evidence of it. I don't believe all the subsequent crimes are revenge motivated, although he may have gotten a sense of glee and satisfaction from that aspect. I think these urges have been with him a long, long time. It's common for serial killers to confess to having violent sexual fantasies from the time they were quite young.

I tend to share your line of thought. I think the incident may have really ramped up his behavior, but I imagine we will learn about things that go much further back.

I suspect that Jesse has bigger problems than steroids. I think he has mastered the art of appearing contrite, and uses that to avoid consequences for all sorts of inappropriate aggression towards others. When he appeared before the judge in Texas, he was whimpering about the bed and the jumpsuit, when in reality he was terrified that he would be connected with Morgan's murder.

I actually think I saw some relief. He has been walking around for a very long time wondering when that day was going to come. . .probably looking over his shoulder and wondering when they were going to catch on to him. Now that day was there and he still had to put his jumpsuit on one leg at a time. I don't know if I'm explaining that very well, but have you ever dreaded something and then when it happens you kind of feel like. . .ok. . .I can get through this. There is a small sense of relief and a feeling of. . .well, let's get on with this.

MOO

I agree. There appears to be four years missing from JM's life, from mid-October 2003 (termination from CNU) to September 2007 (photo of him in front of Yellow Cab in The Hook). Doesn't appear to be any local information concerning him. I know he didn't disappear during that time but could he have possibly been in one of the areas mentioned by LE in the wanted poster - PA, MD or DC area during that time span?

The other night I came across a MD address, but wasn't able to verify it in anyway. I'll see if I can find it again and post it in the "what we know about JM" thread.

Did JLM take a visit to Lexington?

One hour away, 71 miles.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...lic-Safety-Notice-275375341.html?device=phone

Clip
"WASHINGTON AND LEE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE
On September 15, 2014, the Department of Public Safety received information from the Lexington Police Department that they had received a report of the possible sighting of a male subject identified as a person of interest in the abduction and murder of a Virginia Tech student, several years ago, who was visiting the UVA campus. More information about the original case, including a sketch of the individual, can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington."

Take Route 29, Monocan Trail down towards 60 west.

Coincidence? A popular cab route?

Where's Hannah?

**I'm new to this so if anyone knows how I can link to these things please let me know...**

Thank you for making me want to look into this.... I just looked up the google map of where MH's shirt was found to refresh my memory (it's been a few years since I've been in C'ville) and it struck a cord.

If you do a VA Judiciary case search in Albemarle county and search for JM under civil cases a wage garnishment case was brought against him in 2012 while he was working at the Martha Jefferson House. (that is, if I'm reading the court records correctly PLEASE CORRECT ME if I'm not). The Martha Jefferson House is an Senior Assisted Living facility located right next to where Morgan's shirt was found. I know JM was working as a cab driver at least part time in 2009. But could he also have been working at Martha Jefferson House too?

Wow. [emoji15]

When he assaulted the male driver, I have to wonder if he'd have such remorse if the driver was a woman. And I have to think a part of him is a misogynist and possibly a psychopath. A psychopath would worry about his clothing in prison. (I'd be curious to know if he has tattoos. That would be along the lines of worrying about clothing. Meaning he may be scared of a needle, something harming him. Something he may not like.)

Also, he was kicked out of LU and grew up in Cvill and surroundings. It's a huge college town/city with a lot of well-to-do students. Possibly in back of his mind the haves and have nots. Those advancing in life, etc. Or possibly simply the perfect area to commit these crimes. Yet he also seems incredibly slow. Taking sisters car to TX, not shaving braids.

I get the feeling, he's more arrogant than slow, especially with MH's tshirt being left and worrying about clothes when he knew they had his DNA, or he's very vain, maybe both

He's active in the football community, but didn't his friend say he usually showed up at bars alone? Although a regular, he was always alone. Did he have close friends too?

Not sure if he had close friends, but it seemed like when the case first broke, there were quite a few supporters and people saying that he is a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
If JM was on LE's radar screen for 12 years and they had DNA, why the heck didn't they get a cig butt or a drink glass and run DNA.

I don't think they got JLM's DNA until after HG went missing. Getting his DNA is what enabled LE to match him with DNA he left in the 2005 Fairfax case and the MH case.

Not sure if he had close friends, but it seemed like when the case first broke, there were quite a few supporters and people saying that he is a nice guy.

Probably afraid of him and wouldn't dare say anything else out of fear!!! moo

Mod note: Websleuths is a victim friendly site, if you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it or perpetuate the issue by discussing it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

I posted similar earlier, but not in such depth. Supposedly someone recognized him near W&L campus. Yet with his braids, I'm not sure how could place with original sketch. I know many think it's similar, I don't see it. Especially not with braids. And I wonder how someone could spot that in Lex and see through it. But I do wonder. Possibly someone locally here reported and who knows him. It's not a normal cab route. Since this was reported, as I live in this county, I've wondered if he knows someone in Rockbridge county.

Did JLM take a visit to Lexington?

One hour away, 71 miles.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...lic-Safety-Notice-275375341.html?device=phone

Clip
"WASHINGTON AND LEE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE
On September 15, 2014, the Department of Public Safety received information from the Lexington Police Department that they had received a report of the possible sighting of a male subject identified as a person of interest in the abduction and murder of a Virginia Tech student, several years ago, who was visiting the UVA campus. More information about the original case, including a sketch of the individual, can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington."

Take Route 29, Monocan Trail down towards 60 west.

Coincidence? A popular cab route?

Where's Hannah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members