JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No inside info, no cites , JMO, that the froensic link to the MH case did not come from JM's direct DNA swab taken from him when he was jailed. My understanding is that this is the way to properly check for a match. It was too early, IMO, for the link to cme from such a match. JM was just taken into custody a day or so. We should be hearing more about this soon, when the regulaiton matches are made. I think that would make a huge difference in how the DA's office would work.

Complete overhaul for clarity:

The forensic link came after JM's arrest. Five days after. Could they have gotten his DNA back by then? Did they find MH's DNA in those dreds? And perhaps JM's DNA wasn't found on MH, meaning there is more than one person involved in what happened to her, and JM is only one player?

On 9/29 - ""Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case (referring to MH) with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue."" http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sou...s-jesse-matthew-to-morgan-harrington/28315192

I think that the Harringtons were almost certainly the unnamed source who broke the forensic connection. And, since they aren't connected to the fairfax case personally, the investigators won't talk about it. Therefore, the only forensic link they were told about was the one between JLM and their daughter. It doesn't mean there isn't another forensic link, it just means that the source who leaked the information was only told of the one link.

Complete overhaul for clarity:

The forensic link came after JM's arrest. Five days after. Could they have gotten his DNA back by then? Did they find MH's DNA in those dreds? And perhaps JM's DNA wasn't found on MH, meaning there is more than one person involved in what happened to her, and JM is only one player?

On 9/29 - ""Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case (referring to MH) with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue."" http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sou...s-jesse-matthew-to-morgan-harrington/28315192

From the article.
In June 2012, the FBI said the suspect in the murder of Morgan Harrington was linked by DNA to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City, Virginia. Click here for more information.

Actually, I have posted the MSM links that state DNA was found at the Fairfax rape. It matches MH .

And of course the sketch.

Iam too lazy to keep,searching.

No one is disputing the existence of the Fairfax DNA, or that it matches that connected to MH's case.

There has been no forensic connection mentioned in the press between JM and the Fairfax case, only that there was an (unknown) forensic link to MH's case. If it is DNA then we know he is connected to both cases, but the forensic link hasn't been clarified.

No one is disputing the existence of the Fairfax DNA, or that it matches that connected to MH's case.

There has been no forensic connection mentioned in the press between JM and the Fairfax case, only that there was an (unknown) forensic link to MH's case. If it is DNA then we know he is connected to both cases, but the forensic link hasn't been clarified.

I was replying to a poster who claimed nothing was reported re the perp and Fairfax.

They have his DNA with Fairfax. To me that is a winner.

They can try him on that and he can stay with the state while they look for other evidence to give him the DP.

I was replying to a poster who claimed nothing was reported re the perp and Fairfax.

They can try him on that and he can stay with the state while they look for other evidence to give him the DP.

BBM/ Much as I wish I could say that is true, and it might be, we don't know that yet. Nothing about that has been announced. I am particularly interested if indeed LE gets a direct match between JM's DNA taken from those swabs when he was taken into custody in Charlottesville and the samples that were taken by rape kit and are on file for the 2005 Fairfax rape victim. LE should have very good, definitive samples from that violation, given how it occurred and the response time. So a match there would nail JM as the perp. But that hasn't happened yet. JM's DNA samples are being run and test for matches for this and other crimes in the files as well, and we'll find out soon if there are matches.

I bring up the Fairfax case, because it is different in MO from the other suspected situations and reported ones. The two college rapes are not attack on a strange girl to rape type cases, from what I can see, and I suspect that with Hannah and MH, he was going the date rape route (though not certain). The Fairfax case is completely different.

But we will know for sure about the Fairfax case, because LE does have all the DNA in optimal shape to make a definitive match. Yes, that match would be a real winner.

I still think this girl - Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas - was one of his first - if not the first: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/thomas_jaisle.html

They would have both been 17 years old.

I don't know. That would have been far fetched to me. He would have been a junior in high school, big man on campus and probably have all the attention, sex and partying he would want right at home. I think his high school status made him feel entitled to those things, and he just didn't get it that women could say no, and he'd have to stop, which got him into trouble in college. Never did get it, it seems.

But at that time I think he'd be embued in the high school culture. I don't feel it. IF he were in sports, his schedule and where he was that year could easily be tracked. High school athletes at his level don't have a lot of loose time to go around prowling.

I don't know. That would have been far fetched to me. He would have been a junior in high school, big man on campus and probably have all the attention, sex and partying he would want right at home. I think his high school status made him feel entitled to those things, and he just didn't get it that women could say no, and he'd have to stop, which got him into trouble in college. Never did get it, it seems.

But at that time I think he'd be embued in the high school culture. I don't feel it. IF he were in sports, his schedule and where he was that year could easily be tracked. High school athletes at his level don't have a lot of loose time to go around prowling.

I agree- don't think Jaisle's case seems to have a JM connection. He did seem to be quite "the man" at that time (1998). I am very curious as to whether he had girlfriends, or at least, shall we call it "normal" sexual activity in high school (as opposed to the raping, etc. that he later went with). Of course, there is the recounting about the cheerleading groping and such. But I'm wondering if he had the typical usual opportunities.

On one hand, I would assume he would have had ample opportunity being that he was so well-loved, and he seemed attractive from the younger pictures I've seen. On the other hand, I've started to wonder if maybe his religious involvement meant he was chaste at that time. Of course hindsight being 20/20, we most likely are talking about a guy who had a cover-up life. However, it could be possible that he really did live in the way that was expected of him in the church (?). Maybe he felt it was immoral to act on his sexual urges in high school and that only added to his anger and resentment.

Could be more of a "what do we know about JLM" post, but I also think this is pertinent to possible other victims.

We don't know they have his DNA with Fairfax. They have the DNA of someone who was also involved with MH. It will likely end up being JM's, but that has not yet been released.

JM could be a third party involved in MH but not involved in Fairfax.

I agree- don't think Jaisle's case seems to have a JM connection. He did seem to be quite "the man" at that time (1998). I am very curious as to whether he had girlfriends, or at least, shall we call it "normal" sexual activity in high school (as opposed to the raping, etc. that he later went with). Of course, there is the recounting about the cheerleading groping and such. But I'm wondering if he had the typical usual opportunities.

On one hand, I would assume he would have had ample opportunity being that he was so well-loved, and he seemed attractive from the younger pictures I've seen. On the other hand, I've started to wonder if maybe his religious involvement meant he was chaste at that time. Of course hindsight being 20/20, we most likely are talking about a guy who had a cover-up life. However, it could be possible that he really did live in the way that was expected of him in the church (?). Maybe he felt it was immoral to act on his sexual urges in high school and that only added to his anger and resentment.

Could be more of a "what do we know about JLM" post, but I also think this is pertinent to possible other victims.

Raging hormones. That kid was built

I still cannot get my head around why MH was found more than a mile from the road, I cannot think of a logical explanation other than he had help... what does everyone else think?

I still cannot get my head around why MH was found more than a mile from the road, I cannot think of a logical explanation other than he had help... what does everyone else think?

Different sources say it would have been 1/3 to 1/2 mile walk, with obstacles. That's not difficult for a man his size and with his skills, knowledge, and ability.

He might have dragged her for a while, among other things, ugh -- hate to think about it, but -- Morgan weighed what -- 120 lbs -- and though he wasn't as heavy back then, he was probably around 220 and strong -- I don't think he had help

Could someone provide the definition of "forensic link" and give examples? Thanks.

Could someone provide the definition of "forensic link" and give examples? Thanks.

The definition of forensic evidence (and how it is used to link crimes/criminals) is here: http://definitions.uslegal.com/f/forensic-evidence/

Forensic evidence is evidence obtained by scientific methods such as ballistics, blood test, and DNA test and used in court. Forensic evidence often helps to establish the guilt or innocence of possible suspects. Analysis of forensic evidence is used in the investigation and prosecution of civil as well as criminal proceedings. Forensic evidence can be used to link crimes that are thought to be related to one another. For example, DNA evidence can link one offender to several different crimes or crime scenes. This linking of crimes helps the police authorities to narrow the range of possible suspects and to establish patterns of for crimes to identify and prosecute suspects.

Still believe he could have met Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas who worked at a grocery store and was active in high school activities. She just disappeared. Her car was found abandoned. She fits the profile to a T.

That would have been awfully bold for an inexperienced 17 yo to commit. Broad daylight near Richmond on a bridge with no "getaway" exits if spotted.

That would have been awfully bold for an inexperienced 17 yo to commit. Broad daylight near Richmond on a bridge with no "getaway" exits if spotted.

Maybe not 'bold' as much as unable to control his behavior/impulses. Maybe his inner compulsions/obsessions were so strong, unconscious, that they surprised even himself.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back