JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After Harrington, the killer (JM?) learned that the evidence he left behind had tied him to the Fairfax rape. If the Fairfax rape taught him to not be so careless about location, then Harrington might have taught him to be more careful about disposal sites. Graham's shirt certainly hasn't shown up as a taunt to police!

In the comments to some news story, a woman said she was sure she'd seen JM on the trails at Riverview Park shortly after Graham's disappearance. If true, disposing of a body in the river might have been an attempted improvement on past methods. Or at least in the woods rather than an open field!

Looking at a map, it's practically a straight drive from the downtown mall area, down East Market, and left onto Riverside Avenue. Then you're right in the parking lot for Riverside Park, which is probably deserted at late night, even if you didn't go down the trails.

If I read the reports correctly, LE appears to believe that Cassandra Morton (CM) is at the top of the list. I hate to mention this out of sensitivity to the victims' families, but both MH and CM appear to have been savagely beaten... consistent with an MO that culminates in out-of-control rage. Green County LE believed that the aptly-acronymed RAT was responsible for Samantha Clarke's disappearance, but they couldn't put together sufficient evidence and had to let him go.

actually one of the police officer jumped the gun and put a device in his truck to track him, and rat found the device and police came in the next day to get the device back he gave to the woman he was working for and they took it from her. Rat went to the police station and filed claim for harassment and maybe with lawyer and LE in the SM case drop him to avoid being sued and over stepping that procedure..

They have a ton of evidence, the case is not closed. Its point what evidence can they use in the case without getting it thrown out. I have read the hole story and Rat had Gf too.. So to me the story is told in 3rd person. He is actually is that guy with the Gf.

After Harrington, the killer (JM?) learned that the evidence he left behind had tied him to the Fairfax rape. If the Fairfax rape taught him to not be so careless about location, then Harrington might have taught him to be more careful about disposal sites. Graham's shirt certainly hasn't shown up as a taunt to police!

In the comments to some news story, a woman said she was sure she'd seen JM on the trails at Riverview Park shortly after Graham's disappearance. If true, disposing of a body in the river might have been an attempted improvement on past methods. Or at least in the woods rather than an open field!

Looking at a map, it's practically a straight drive from the downtown mall area, down East Market, and left onto Riverside Avenue. Then you're right in the parking lot for Riverside Park, which is probably deserted at late night, even if you didn't go down the trails.

If that is the case the body should be found with heat vision from a helicopter. A dead body can be seen very well in heat vision. If she is in the river it wont be hard to find her. Only issue with that is starting placement in the river.

If this the case then police should use the hound dogs in the area. To see if it legit.

With the Fairfax case, he raped the victim essentially where he grabbed her (short walk, no drive). I gather his college rapes were similar with no transporting the victims. With Harrington and Graham, he transported them. Perhaps his close call in Fairfax made him change his M.O.? We also know by the time of Graham, he had access to drugs (operating room). Possibly similar with Harrington if he was working in the nursing home near the t-shirt site. So, the use of drugs was possibly another change in his methods.

I think you are making a bad assumption about him having access to drugs b/c of work. As many who work in hospital have posted in previous threads drugs in hospital are watched and measured and followed like a hawk so it would be difficult to take drugs from anywhere in the hospital. Further more his job work not ever have him directly around drugs. I agree with many of the hospital workers who posted that it would have been much easier for him to bought drugs off the street than steal them from work. It is of course possible but very unlikely.

It is also possible he used drugs on Hannah but it certainly has not been confirmed and there is no evidence of it other than she was quiet intoxicated but she was that way before she even encountered JM.

Drugging was just a suggestion as a possible evolution in his methods. The source doesn't particularly matter. I have doubts Graham was all that drunk when she met JM. She'd walked all over the place and was even videoed running. Even in the mall area she seemed to have a quick pace for somebody who was very drunk.

I found the following interesting information in this article:

Bass told reporters that Harrington’s remains were located within 1.5 miles from the entrance to his home. The Anchorage Farm property is partially bordered by a few other roads—Monacan Trail Road in front, roughly two miles of Red Hill Road, and less than three miles of residential roads within neighboring Blandemar Farm and Blandemar Farm Estates.

According to CrimeReports.com—a web site that maps crime data, linked from the Albemarle County Police Department’s web-site—there were two separate assault incidents reported in the month before Harrington’s discovery. The first, dated December 26, 2009, is listed at the 1800 block of Red Hill Road—less than 2 miles from the entrance to Bass’ property. The most recent occurred on January 6, in the 4900 block of Monacan Trail Road, less than 7 miles from the Anchorage Farm entrance. A call to Albemarle Police about those incidents was not returned by press time.

(BBM)

BBM---I hope someone called or emailed that in.

Something occurs to me: JLM Jr's car as well as his sister's looked to have a mish mash of wheels and tires. Possibly, his car had a lot of after market changes. Perhaps, he spent time at some junk salvage yards. (He has a couple FB friends in Towing & Recovery.)

Some of the missing person's or their property could be in the trunks of junk yard cars/trucks/buses/etc.

Fires and Stolen Vehicles in Central Virginia that occurred in re: to other crimes.

The huge fire last year at the Salvage yard, off of Rt 60 in Richmond, comes to mind. http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/Fire-Destroys-16-Vehicles-At-Va-Auto-Auction-Lot-221015841.html This fire occurred when (modsnip) were ramping up.

In MH's case, there was a suspicious fire on Sutherland Rd, in North Garden, at about the same time (1/26/2010) as police were rushing to Anchorage Farm.

During (modsnip) there was a fire in a warehouse or abandoned business on/near the main street near Lovingston.
Then there was the huge fire at the salvage yard in Richmond. (modsnip)

JLM Jr may also have knowledge of salvage/tow yards. Car fires, like in the case of the older missing woman, Hattie (?) in South Central Virginia, could be cars used in the commission of other crimes and setting them on fire is obviously an attempt to destroy evidence.

I keep wondering about the car jacking and murder of the Waynesboro officer, Kevin Quick. IIRC, his body was located in the Richmond area (Goochland) and three of the criminals/suspects were from Albemarle, County. The car was seen on video as far North as, Manassass, VA.

Quick, of Rockfish, was reported missing on Feb. 1, when he failed to arrive at his girlfriend's residence in Albemarle County. The 45-year-old captain (modsnip)

Officer Quicks case shows how criminal gangs exist in Virginia with members associated with the Shenandoah Region, Richmond and Northern, VA (Fairfax & Prince William Counties, Alexandria City and Manassas.)

I suspect that some of these many missing and murdered Virginians are victims of this gang-like activity.

But with that said, I would not dismiss the theory that JLM Jr may have associated with people who could unknowingly or even knowingly assist him in destroying or hiding evidence.

Just a few miles from the August 2014 Attempted Abduction on Brown's Gap Trnpk and halfway between (modsnip) is a Trash Disposal Business. JLM Jr has FB friends with that last name attached to the Disposal business. No telling if these families are related to his FB friends but it surely seemed (modsnip)[/url]

This IMO is worth listening to

http://insidecville.com/city/dr-jeffrey-fracher/

GUEST: Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Jeffrey Fracher.

TOPIC: Jeff discusses his four-plus decades working with violent sex offenders. “People need to understand that there are bad people out there, there are bad people who do these kinds of things. We need to do a better job with prevention, teaching our young people smarter decisions, smarter choices.”

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...-Page-Co-Now-a-Possible-Murder-278525801.html

Just throwing it out there. They found her cell phone over the weekend on Rt. 33. Had found her purse on I-81 several weeks ago. Missing from Page County on 9/7/14. LE is asking people along Rt. 602 and Rt. 33 corridor to search their land. :(

EDIT: The URL condensed, so it's not clear. This is another missing woman whose case has just been upgraded from missing to possible murder.

Which will be pretty impressive for a slow and impulsive predator....this is why I think he is very intelligent in deed

knowing lj - he is not "book" smart... but that doesn't mean he isn't smart

I almost hate to put this out there, probably not, but... Sara A. Bruehl http://www.examiner.com/article/10-years-later-still-no-justice-for-sara
https://www.facebook.com/1144676219...4467621941146/115765188478056/?type=1&theater
http://wtvr.com/2014/08/09/holmberg...64-still-unsolved-devestating-15-years-later/ (POI sketch included in video)

JLM at the time: http://i.imgur.com/VIdiXxj.jpg?1

and another not likely but just in case..
Demetrius Lamar Dubois, May 24, 2005

Demetrius Dubois and another teenager were walking back to the Windsor Terrace Apartments from the Exxon station on Langhorne Road in Lynchburg on the night of May 24, 2005. Dubois, of Raleigh, N.C., was staying with family in the area.

At the intersection of Yorktown Avenue and Tate Springs Road, the teenagers came across two men who attempted to rob them.

The two men had guns and during the altercation, the man holding a gun toward Dubois began firing.

Officers found Dubois lying in the street, shot multiple times.

Investigators had a description of the two black men involved: one was 5 feet, 7 inches tall weighing around 150 pounds with a short haircut, a medium complexion and gold teeth that can be removed; the other was 5 feet, 9 inches tall, weighing about 160 pounds, with dreadlocks.
http://www.wsls.com/story/20847880/central-virginias-unsolved-homicides

Images need a link to an acceptable source.

MSM=acceptable

FB=unacceptable.

:tyou:

Does anyone think the Fairfax rape case in 2005 that is linked to MH and so now a possible, maybe likely for JM's involvement, does not fit JM's MO? I don't get the feeling of it fitting the way JM seems to work when going after women. He seems to want to engage them and try to win them over and then just move along his way when they don't agree. I get the feeling that he often is successful both in getting them to agree or just not going after him when they do not. I'd be interested in hearing about other women stepping up now that JM is in the news with Hannah's disappearance.

But to just grab a strange woman,drag her off to the side and rape her in an apartment complex area? That just doesn't seem to fit. And other such rapes not reported when such rapes are the ones most likely to reported where the women feel it was an out and out attack, didn't know the perp, no interaction or anything with him. One would think that other such incidents did occur, were reported and a DNA match obtained. Instead, the match came with the MH case.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Does anyone think the Fairfax rape case in 2005 that is linked to MH and so now a possible, maybe likely for JM's involvement, does not fit JM's MO? I don't get the feeling of it fitting the way JM seems to work when going after women. He seems to want to engage them and try to win them over and then just move along his way when they don't agree. I get the feeling that he often is successful both in getting them to agree or just not going after him when they do not. I'd be interested in hearing about other women stepping up now that JM is in the news with Hannah's disappearance.

But to just grab a strange woman,drag her off to the side and rape her in an apartment complex area? That just doesn't seem to fit. And other such rapes not reported when such rapes are the ones most likely to reported where the women feel it was an out and out attack, didn't know the perp, no interaction or anything with him. One would think that other such incidents did occur, were reported and a DNA match obtained. Instead, the match came with the MH case.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Agree Fairfax seems like a different MO for JM from what we know/suspect currently. I think criminals may change their tactics though. I remember reading about Ted Bundy over the weekend, and one of his earlier attacks was on 2 girls at group house (my understanding was something similar to a sorority). He just went in and bludgeoned them. And then walked out of the house with his bludgeoning device. A passerby saw him come out. And then, his later tactics involved coaxing women by appearing to be in need. Being charming, etc. So I don't think he 100% always had the same MO.

I think with JM, he may have realized (perhaps similarly to TB?? who knows) that attacking out-right didn't work well. Luring somewhere by charm or offering help would be better. If the alleged rapes at LU and CNU (which were earlier than Fairfax) were his first forays into this lifestyle, his actions may simply show a progression. He realized date rape, or other form of rape was too dangerous with people reporting him- then tried the blitz attack and realized that didn't work- and then moved on to luring. I don't know- just my thoughts.

Agree Fairfax seems like a different MO for JM from what we know/suspect currently. I think criminals may change their tactics though. I remember reading about Ted Bundy over the weekend, and one of his earlier attacks was on 2 girls at group house (my understanding was something similar to a sorority). He just went in and bludgeoned them. And then walked out of the house with his bludgeoning device. A passerby saw him come out. And then, his later tactics involved coaxing women by appearing to be in need. Being charming, etc. So I don't think he 100% always had the same MO.

I think with JM, he may have realized (perhaps similarly to TB?? who knows) that attacking out-right didn't work well. Luring somewhere by charm or offering help would be better. If the alleged rapes at LU and CNU (which were earlier than Fairfax) were his first forays into this lifestyle, his actions may simply show a progression. He realized date rape, or other form of rape was too dangerous with people reporting him- then tried the blitz attack and realized that didn't work- and then moved on to luring. I don't know- just my thoughts.

Yes. No rule that perps just stick with the same MO. It just cuts out the personal so much that JM seemed to like. Bundy did not seem to want to engage his victims. He'd fake being injured or ask for self, but that would be as far as the charm and nice interactin would go. He'd then bludgeon or otherwise subdue them and throw them in into his vehicle. JM seemed to like to talk and engage, maybe see if the victim would go along.

The Fairfax rape dna would be the easiest for a match so we'll know before long whether JM committed that one. It just doesn't fit the other suspected incidents.

Yes. No rule that perps just stick with the same MO. It just cuts out the personal so much that JM seemed to like. Bundy did not seem to want to engage his victims. He'd fake being injured or ask for self, but that would be as far as the charm and nice interactin would go. He'd then bludgeon or otherwise subdue them and throw them in into his vehicle. JM seemed to like to talk and engage, maybe see if the victim would go along.

The Fairfax rape dna would be the easiest for a match so we'll know before long whether JM committed that one. It just doesn't fit the other suspected incidents.

They have his DNA for Fairfax as well as his sketch.

He did it.

He learned to do it in secret away from others from that one. Close call!

They have his DNA for Fairfax as well as his sketch.

No one has ever said that. LE has said there is a "forensic link" which other MSM have reported as DNA connecting him to MH. Never has the Fairfax rape been mentioned.

Along those lines, though, would they start slamming charges as soon as they could or would they hold off until they build a case and know they would stick, at least through November, before his court appearance? I'm just surprised we haven't seen new charges levied in regards to MH and possibly Fairfax.

No one has ever said that. LE has said there is a "forensic link" which other MSM have reported as DNA connecting him to MH. Never has the Fairfax rape been mentioned.

Along those lines, though, would they start slamming charges as soon as they could or would they hold off until they build a case and know they would stick, at least through November, before his court appearance? I'm just surprised we haven't seen new charges levied in regards to MH and possibly Fairfax.

No inside info, no cites , JMO, that the froensic link to the MH case did not come from JM's direct DNA swab taken from him when he was jailed. My understanding is that this is the way to properly check for a match. It was too early, IMO, for the link to cme from such a match. JM was just taken into custody a day or so. We should be hearing more about this soon, when the regulaiton matches are made. I think that would make a huge difference in how the DA's office would work.

The Fairfax rape involves a Muslim woman as the victim who I read is not in this country anymore, and may not want to come to resurrect her case. I don't know if LE could levy charges and if the DA has much of change for a conviction without the victim present. As I said earlier, a direct DNA match in this case would be one of the easiest to get a definitive match, so this is one for which I am expecting to get word soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back