JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure of how credible this site is but it is alarming to see the numbers.
http://www.familywatchdog.us
Search any city and state in the US to see where registered sex offenders live and also photos of the person along with the charges on which they were convicted.

I didn't know quite where to stick this, but with a high possibility JM is a serial killer, I thought some of you might find this quite a fascinating read and a useful resource.

"This monograph represents five years of empirical research gathered by experts at the FBI’s National Center
for the Analysis of Violent Crime. Our hope is that it will give our law enforcement partners the resources
they need to better understand the motivations and behaviors behind these crimes, to discover the necessary
correlations between potential suspects and cases, and to more expeditiously identify, arrest, and convict
serial killers"

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...ses/serial-murder-pathways-for-investigations

I still think this girl - Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas - was one of his first - if not the first: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/thomas_jaisle.html

They would have both been 17 years old.

Am at your back, Solvol. Agree 100%. also explains a lot about the Indian subcontinent connection to later possible cases, IMO if this is one of his.
Her vehicle was discovered abandoned on the Willey Bridge between Henrico County and Richmond at 3:20 pm on 12th April 1998
His whereabouts need to be checked despite the fact that he was just 16.

Am at your back, Solvol. Agree 100%. also explains a lot about the Indian subcontinent connection to later possible cases, IMO if this is one of his.
. His whereabouts need to be checked.
Now that you mention it, JLM Jr had quite a few friends on his FB page that have a fairly common Indian last name. Many of whom live in Northern Virginia and the Washington, DC area. It wouldn't surprise me if JLM Jr just pretended to have an Indian accent. And then I remember that the one thing that the Fairfax Rape victim reported her rapist as saying was that he was waiting for a friend. He may have been telling the truth. The neighborhood was very mixed in 2005 and the victim was said to be possibly Indian or Pakistani.

A drunk Virginia girl might not notice that her cabbie was using a fake accent.

But, JLM Jr would have been only 16 and four months in April of 1998. But, he may have been visiting family in the Richmond area. Was it Easter time or Spring Break. If so, then I might reconsider him.

Now that you mention it, JLM Jr had quite a few friends on his FB page that have a fairly common Indian last name. Many of whom live in Northern Virginia and the Washington, DC area. It wouldn't surprise me if JLM Jr just pretended to have an Indian accent. And then I remember that the one thing that the Fairfax Rape victim reported her rapist as saying was that he was waiting for a friend. He may have been telling the truth. The neighborhood was very mixed in 2005 and the victim was said to be possibly Indian or Pakistani.

A drunk Virginia girl might not notice that her cabbie was using a fake accent.

JM just sooo does not look like he could pass for Indian to me. It would have been last year too, this 2013 near-rape at UVa, yes? He'd have had the dreads and everything. Just no way he could be mistaken for Indian, fake accent or no. Being dark outside or not. JMO though.

edited to say: Oops, I mis-read. You guys are talking about the Richmond case from 1998. Sorry!)

JM just sooo does not look like he could pass for Indian to me. It would have been last year too, this 2013 near-rape at UVa, yes? He'd have had the dreads and everything. Just no way he could be mistaken for Indian, fake accent or no. Being dark outside or not. JMO though.

edited to say: Oops, I mis-read. You guys are talking about the Richmond case from 1998. Sorry!)

Ok, wait- I'm totally confused now. :blushing: Which incident are we talking about? Jaisle in 1998 near Richmond, or the near-rape with the cabbie in 2013 at UVa?

Well, well, well!!! It was Easter Sunday when Jaisle went missing!
http://www.wheniseastersunday.com/year/1998/

:( How would he pull it off, though, at 16? Unless he knew her and had access to a car? I don't see this family as one that has many cars to give a new one to their 16 year old....

What on earth would he have done with her? What about any blood on his clothing or car? She left all her belongings in her own car, except her keys...

Will they have DNA in CODIS on all these girls, so they can run JM's against them? And will they do so?

(And I confused Jaisle's story with another one someone posted about earlier. I'll have to go look for that one again as my comments made no sense there at all.)

:( How would he pull it off, though, at 16? Unless he knew her and had access to a car? I don't see this family as one that has many cars to give a new one to their 16 year old....

What on earth would he have done with her? What about any blood on his clothing or car? She left all her belongings in her own car, except her keys...

Will they have DNA in CODIS on all these girls, so they can run JM's against them? And will they do so?

(And I confused Jaisle's story with another one someone posted about earlier. I'll have to go look for that one again as my comments made no sense there at all.)

The linked article also states that she was supposed to go to the library to do research on the day she went missing.... that sounds a little off to me. Easter Sundays, since she was religious and was going to present at church, usually don't involve research at the library. What am I missing?

The linked article also states that she was supposed to go to the library to do research on the day she went missing.... that sounds a little off to me. Easter Sundays, since she was religious and was going to present at church, usually don't involve research at the library. What am I missing?

The library likely wouldn't have even been open.

I had pretty much dismissed him as a possibility in Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas' disappearance, too...until I did some quick digging. I don't think I'm allowed to link it but I found something that suggests that both her father and her brother are/were reverends/ministers. Google "mar Thoma Richmond, VA youth fellowship thomas" At any rate, it was Easter weekend and maybe he was in Richmond and met her through the church. Maybe she met him somewhere. BUT, one missing.org states that witnesses said she walked away from her car...very odd.

Most likely it was a random opportunistic offender.

:) No, you had it right...we were talking about the attempted abduction in Charlottesville 2013 where the cabbie was described as having an Indian accent. Someone then mentioned Jaisle's case and JLM jr's possible connection to other future connections with friends and possibly victims who are from Indian cultures/families.

One says she was supposed to go to work at Ukrop's Grocery Store. But they were closed on Sundays.

One says she was supposed to go to work at Ukrop's Grocery Store. But they were closed on Sundays.

At Ukrops, some employees still worked on Sundays, re-stocking the shelves, even though the store was closed to customers that day.

I miss Ukrops.

The library likely wouldn't have even been open.

The University of Richmond Library will be open on Easter Sunday, April 5th, in 2015. Here's the schedule: http://library.richmond.edu/documents/hours-2014-2015.pdf

It appears to only close on the Sunday during Spring Break (a month earlier).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back