JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think she means the underlying/institutional misogyny that exemplifies a "rape culture" and victim blaming is the same--not that our methods of prosecution or our criminal justice system are the same. And she is very, very right. Case in point, go back to the very early days of the HG case and see the posters who actually, sadly, posted here on this very forum that Hannah should not have been wearing the outfit that she chose that night. It's appalling.

Or perhaps spend a few minutes refreshing yourself on how many fingers were pointed at Janay Rice, and noting that Ray Rice is not behind bars.

Or, again, at elected officials in the United States Congress saying that a woman can only get pregnant through "legitimate rape."

Is that really so different?
But we digress.

Actually it is very, very different.

We have sexual assault and rape crisis lines, we have rape counseling centers, we have many professionals trained to support victims of rape. We have safe houses where women who have been assaulted can go, we have health care providers trained to be sexual assault teams who work in hospitals and support women who come in. We have courts that on a daily basis send sexual assault offenders to jail, we have a sexual offender registry, we have jails full of rapists. We have funding and research dedicated to sexual assault victims and crimes, we have networks of resources and services that can be offered to victims. We have many people in this country who do not blame their family / friend for being assaulted and support them through it. Does every victim get the support they need, no. Does every rapist go to jail, no. But to say that most victims are blamed and that few rapists go to jail and that our cultural approach is similar to other countries defies logic, reason or evidence.

@gabegutierrez: #BREAKING: Fairfax County Prosecutor: Jesse Matthew, suspect in #HannahGraham case, to be charged in connection to 2005 sexual assault

I think it is possible that he has other unknown victims, but I am far from convinced that he has 15+...20+ murder victims. Studies have shown that the number of serial killers has gone down in the past decade because of advancements in forensics. If you look at the lists of prolific serial killers, the ones that with those high body counts are from decades ago.

True, and some serial killer experts believe the overall reduction of childhood exposure to lead and other neurotoxic heavy metals since the 1970's is a contributing factor as well. I can't provide a source at the moment (busy today) but I recall reading this when, in 2009 or 2010, scientists produced evidence of distinct differences in the brain scans of serial killers compared to the general population.

If there is any evidence re: phone records or connections via school or church organizations/conferences they both attended, then they should pursue the case. Otherwise, it's just a theory.

I was interested in her because of the grocery store job. Lots of women were approached by perps or were abducted at or on the way to or from a grocery store.

A week before Hannah Graham disappeared, a man who looked like JLM approached two girls at a convenience store and struck up a conversation, then asked them if they wanted to 'hang out.' They declined, but reported this to their mother who alerted the police after HG disappeared.

Yes, the Fairfax victim was leaving a grocery store as was at least one of the girls who vanished in Newport News VA when JM was there attending Christopher Newport. Her car was found in the grocery store parking lot.

I think it is possible that he has other unknown victims, but I am far from convinced that he has 15+...20+ murder victims. Studies have shown that the number of serial killers has gone down in the past decade because of advancements in forensics. If you look at the lists of prolific serial killers, the ones that with those high body counts are from decades ago. Morgan and Hannah went missing in similar circumstances and have the same general look, so I don't know how likely it is that he is killing other women who look completely different or went missing under different circumstances.

I doubt the count is that high, as well. Strangely, though, knowing that JLM is likely a serial killer makes me feel somewhat relieved. The more heinous crimes that can be attributed to one individual criminal gives me some peace of mind that the number of predatory murderers in this world does not equal the far-too-large number of victims of such violent acts.

I hope that makes sense. As a mother who worries constantly about her teenage daughters, it doesn't give me a false sense of security, but it does give me hope that there are fewer people who are mortal threats to women in this society.

I for one would very much like to know more about JLM's background; particularly his early years, around the age of 6. Juvenile reports of his character haven't come to light yet. A lot of gaps to be filled, IMO.

Awaiting live coverage now from Fairfax County. This is the rape victim case from 24 September 2005 - http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...jesse-matthew-charged-2005-sex-attack-n229966

My transcript from audio/video:
Death penalty does not apply as the victim is still living.
No comment as to whether there are other outstanding cases in Fairfax County that might be linked to JLM.
No comment as to the victims whereabouts now, however she remains in contact and cooperative with LE.

I for one would very much like to know more about JLM's background; particularly his early years, around the age of 6. Juvenile reports of his character haven't come to light yet. A lot of gaps to be filled, IMO.

Awaiting live coverage now from Fairfax County. This is the rape victim case from 24 September 2005 - http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...jesse-matthew-charged-2005-sex-attack-n229966

My transcript from audio/video:
Death penalty does not apply as the victim is still living.
No comment as to whether there are other outstanding cases in Fairfax County that might be linked to JLM.
No comment as to the victims whereabouts now, however she remains in contact and cooperative with LE.

I am trying to remember a case where A blonde woman went missing and was found murdered in an abandon hourse in Fairfax, or prince william. It was arround 2003-2005.

I can't be certain either. But then again he already has 3 rape victims, and 2 murder victims. We don't know what the rape victims looked like to make certain he has a type. But I strongly believe he was also had something to do with Cassandra Morton and Jamisha Gilbert's cases. I was weary to jump on the train believing that he could have murdered Hannah at first, especially when WG seemed so uncertain. But now anything is possible with this monster. It doesn't seem likely to me that he would just strike every 4-5 years. Maybe he likes to add variety to his crimes, and there are more victims of various looks, ages, and ethnicities to be identified. How revolting. JMO

I think it is possible that he has other unknown victims, but I am far from convinced that he has 15+...20+ murder victims. Studies have shown that the number of serial killers has gone down in the past decade because of advancements in forensics. If you look at the lists of prolific serial killers, the ones that with those high body counts are from decades ago. Morgan and Hannah went missing in similar circumstances and have the same general look, so I don't know how likely it is that he is killing other women who look completely different or went missing under different circumstances.

This guy was arrested over the weekend in Gary, Indiana. Serial killers are still functioning sadly. To me, 7 is a high count with more expected to be found spanning two decades, a recent one too. No telling how many JLM may have harmed yet. Couldn't say with 5 woman involved in his alledged rapes or murders. Extremely happy they are off the streets, JLM & Vann.

IN - Darren Deon Vann, 43, Gary, body count at seven, more expected

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-seven-more-expected&p=11105768#post11105768

I doubt the count is that high, as well. Strangely, though, knowing that JLM is likely a serial killer makes me feel somewhat relieved. The more heinous crimes that can be attributed to one individual criminal gives me some peace of mind that the number of predatory murderers in this world does not equal the far-too-large number of victims of such violent acts.

I hope that makes sense. As a mother who worries constantly about her teenage daughters, it doesn't give me a false sense of security, but it does give me hope that there are fewer people who are mortal threats to women in this society.

You and I are on the same page! The day after Hannah Graham was reported missing, my husband asked me "do you think it is the same guy as Morgan Harrington" and I said without thinking in a public place "I hope so!" and then realized how weird that might sound. But really, how many of these people do I want roaming where I live? I was more horrified by the thought of 3 of them--2 is bad enough. As an aside, I am from Virginia and have lived all around the state but I have also lived in South Carolina and spent summers in Connecticut--of all the places, Charlottesville is really the most magical and beautiful place. I think that gives people, myself included, a false sense of security a lot of the time.

I can't be certain either. But then again he already has 3 rape victims, and 2 murder victims. We don't know what the rape victims looked like to make certain he has a type. But I strongly believe he was also had something to do with Cassandra Morton and Jamisha Gilbert's cases. I was weary to jump on the train believing that he could have murdered Hannah at first, especially when WG seemed so uncertain. But now anything is possible with this monster. It doesn't seem likely to me that he would just strike every 4-5 years. Maybe he likes to add variety to his crimes, and there are more victims of various looks, ages, and ethnicities to be identified. How revolting. JMO
Thank you for mentioning Jamisha. I honestly believe that she escaped an attacker, ran naked away from him, through the brambles and ended up freezing to death in that small family cemetery. I believe after she was last seen, when caught on the video near the water treatment plant, that she was disoriented by the crash and the pot and someone stopped, offered her a ride, took her away in their car but she somehow managed to escape and run from the attacker. Then, I believe the attacker dumped her clothes along the side of the road on her boyfriend's street. IMO, she may have had some earlier contact with the attacker...essentially that she met him while out with with her boyfriend and friends.

So sorry if this has been posted multiple times. I can't find any links to write-ups about the CNU alleged rape. Are there details on that? TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd
Back