JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been meaning to touch on the topic of the Fairfax victim for a while now. I agree with most of you that there is very little incentive for her to testify or aid in the investigation, but I still think there is a chance she feels she needs to for closure. Were any of you following the Brianna Denison case against James Biela? One of his victims was a foreign exchange student from China. He did not kill her but brutally assaulted and raped her. She flew back here from China to testify in court because she felt it was "the moral and ethical thing to do". Now, she didn't have to. They already had DNA evidence on Brianna's body which was left in a field under a Christmas tree, naked. And, they already had testimony for a third female college student, who he raped in the parking garage of the university. But she did, and he was found guilty on all counts.

I've been meaning to touch on the topic of the Fairfax victim for a while now. I agree with most of you that there is very little incentive for her to testify or aid in the investigation, but I still think there is a chance she feels she needs to for closure. Were any of you following the Brianna Denison case against James Biela? One of his victims was a foreign exchange student from China. He did not kill her but brutally assaulted and raped her. She flew back here from China to testify in court because she felt it was "the moral and ethical thing to do". Now, she didn't have to. They already had DNA evidence on Brianna's body which was left in a field under a Christmas tree, naked. And, they already had testimony for a third female college student, who he raped in the parking garage of the university. But she did, and he was found guilty on all counts.

I believe I've read here that the Fairfax victim's primary language was Urdu, which likely points to her being from Pakistan or the Muslim regions of India, I've also read here that she may have returned to her country of origin. Since there is such a stigma attached to victims of rape in some areas in those countries that often the rape victim will never report it. In some instances the father or husband of the woman who is raped will kill her or expect her to kill herself to expunge the stain on the families honor. So if LE feels it necessary to contact her as a part of this case, I hope they keep this in mind, even asking her to testify could endanger her life.

I believe I've read here that the Fairfax victim's primary language was Urdu, which likely points to her being from Pakistan or the Muslim regions of India, I've also read here that she may have returned to her country of origin. Since there is such a stigma attached to victims of rape in some areas in those countries that often the rape victim will never report it. In some instances the father or husband of the woman who is raped will kill her or expect her to kill herself to expunge the stain on the families honor. So if LE feels it necessary to contact her as a part of this case, I hope they keep this in mind, even asking her to testify could endanger her life.

There is a stigma attached to rape victims in America too...
Most are victim blamed, and very few rapists spend any time behind bars.
Our culture is not much different.

There is a stigma attached to rape victims in America too...
Most are victim blamed, and very few rapists spend any time behind bars.
Our culture is not much different.

Not to the extent as the country the other poster is referencing. Our culture is very different.

It seems that the fall is when JM likes to commit his crimes. The two alleged rapes at the universities, 2005 Fairfax sexual assault and MH & HG case all have happened in either September or October. I think the reason he didn't murder the two girls at the universities is because murdering them would be hard to get away with. There are too many links there. He's known on campus. It's much easier to get away with murder when you randomly kill someone you don't know. The mistake JM made with HG is that he was way too visible with her.

Re: Cassandra Morton:
This paragraph stood out to me!!!
"...Some evidence had seemed promising. Officers tried, but were unable, to link Morton’s clothes to a fabric impression in a 1996 Chrysler sedan owned by an acquaintance which authorities impounded in January 2010.

They believe Morton’s remains likely were taken to the mountain after she died, but they have been unable to determine a primary crime scene..."

(Hummm another late 90's Chrysler Sedan.)

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_d055b33e-9f41-5143-918b-283e6fbc9cfe.html
Wow that's interesting about the impounded car. This would likely be why the LE was so impassioned when they had JM as the "last person to have seen HG". They would not be able to release the info that he was the one they impounded the car from, but might explain why CM has been discussed a lot in the media, without any negative statement from the LE (like was done with the AM case, although I still personally think he was involved in that case).

Not to the extent as the country the other poster is referencing. Our culture is very different.

Seriously?

Steubenville? NFL football? Legotimate rape? How many thousands of rape samples are sitting on shelves?

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...-of-Attempted-Abduction-at-UVa-191954801.html

This one was new to me to find today:
"The family of Morgan Harrington is reacting to reports of an attempted abduction at the University of Virginia. Police say early Sunday morning a student hailed a cab, got inside and told the driver where her apartment was. The driver allegedly took her to another location and tried to assault her before the student got away."

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...-of-Attempted-Abduction-at-UVa-191954801.html

This one was new to me to find today:
"The family of Morgan Harrington is reacting to reports of an attempted abduction at the University of Virginia. Police say early Sunday morning a student hailed a cab, got inside and told the driver where her apartment was. The driver allegedly took her to another location and tried to assault her before the student got away."

this has been discussed several times on here.

the driver had a heavy accent, was short and was of some descent such as India or ? I forget. It is on here many times

the driver had a heavy accent, was short and was of some descent such as India or ? I forget. It is on here many times
So that's a "thing" in cville? Cab drivers assaulting women? I've honestly never heard of this type of crime except in cville.
This could just be a random coincidence that its a popular method to assault, or could it be that it's a ring? I often come back to this idea of a ring bc it just seems too coincidental that there are multiple lone abducting, raping, murderers acting as cab drivers in the same exact area.

So that's a "thing" in cville? Cab drivers assaulting women? I've honestly never heard of this type of crime except in cville.
This could just be a random coincidence that its a popular method to assault, or could it be that it's a ring? I often come back to this idea of a ring bc it just seems too coincidental that there are multiple lone abducting, raping, murderers acting as cab drivers in the same exact area.

This just does not sit right with me. So many cab/assault complaints in Charlottesville. Then this - "Access later was renamed and purchased by another company, Carter said. The man listed in state records as the owner of Access could not be reached for comment." (http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/c...cle_e9af08a8-5020-11e4-94ef-0017a43b2370.html). And I've read in other places that the former owner of Access has apparently skipped town. WTH was/is going on with sketchy cabs in this area?

BTW, their 1 Yelp.com review is pretty telling of the way they apparently operated. I'm really starting to wonder about more people being involved. Far too many missing girls in this area.

This just does not sit right with me. So many cab/assault complaints in Charlottesville. Then this - "Access later was renamed and purchased by another company, Carter said. The man listed in state records as the owner of Access could not be reached for comment." (http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/c...cle_e9af08a8-5020-11e4-94ef-0017a43b2370.html). And I've read in other places that the former owner of Access has apparently skipped town. WTH was/is going on with sketchy cabs in this area?

BTW, their 1 Yelp.com review is pretty telling of the way they apparently operated. I'm really starting to wonder about more people being involved. Far too many missing girls in this area.
I agree. It's VERY strange...I am hoping the cab they found of JMs will be rich with information.

From the yelp review and all the other info I've gleened, could be that Access was not really concerned with customer service...was it a Front for something else? Drug deals, maybe? Pure speculation. JMO

What other additional cab assaults/complaints? I'm only familiar with one which has previously been discussed on this site.

From Channel 9 WUSA Washington D.C. local news -- I'm sure most here are already aware but for any sleuthers new to Hannah's case
HANNAH GRAHAM CASE: As search teams comb the woods and farms of central Virginia for a sign of Graham, at least four law-enforcement agencies in Virginia are reviewing unsolved murders and disappearances for Matthew's potential involvement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Due diligence is always a good thing.

This article is from 2011 but how much has it changed?

Serial killers just aren't the sensation they used to be.

But the number of serial murders seems to be dwindling, as does the public's fascination with them. "It does seem the golden age of serial murderers is probably past," says Harold Schechter, a professor at Queens College of the City University of New York who studies crime.

But nothing in the last decade has captured the popular imagination like the sex-addled psychopaths of the '70s and '80s, such as Ted Bundy (feigned injuries to win sympathy before killing women; about 30 victims), John Wayne Gacy (stored bodies in his ceiling crawlspace; 33 victims), or Jeffrey Dahmer (kept body parts in his closet and freezer; 17 victims)

What child abductors were to the '20s and serial killers were to the '70s and '80s, terrorists are to the early 21st century

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2011/01/blood_loss.html

IMO that story was significant for this reason: the Harrington family specifically went to the media at that time imploring the victim to go to the police - which tells me they knew something the public didn't. AFAIK they weren't doing this for every assault victim, I think it was the fact that it was a cab driver that got them interested.

I think it's believed that Heidi Childs and David Metzler were killed where they were found, not someplace else. (OT--Seems to be a little different MO, too, but you never know. Interestingly, there's DNA that can be compared perhaps, if it hasn't been already.)
http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/f...cle_b7f4cf7c-714b-5b11-af18-3567d48b02cf.html
http://www.wsls.com/story/20856445/heidi-childs-dad-says-dna-evidence-is-huge

Interesting about the dark green Dodge Intrepid being an auto of interest in the Childs/Metzer case. Jesse's car is a Chrysler, but could pass for a Dodge and it looks like it's been re-painted and modified. (a bit pimped up)

Wonder if there is any green paint to be found somewhere under that orange?

Of course, the DNA will be the determinant if JLM is involved. And....LE isn't revealing whether they have a match with JLM at this time.

Posted today on their facebook page... Virginia State Police is asking for information about Rachel Good who vanished on October 18, 2003 from Elkton (Rockingham County), VA.
https://www.facebook.com/VirginiaStatePolice/posts/10153044851965101

TY for posting this. I will post it in Rachel's thread as I was just reading there since she came up on an anniversary today.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?219105-VA-Rachel-Nicole-Good-20-Elkton-18-Oct-2003

Posted today on their facebook page... Virginia State Police is asking for information about Rachel Good who vanished on October 18, 2003 from Elkton (Rockingham County), VA.

JLM had abruptly withdrawn from CNU on October 15, 2003.
Late summer/early fall (September/October) seems to be his hunting season.

I'm not saying he's responsible for every missing woman in Virginia, but I certainly hope police are looking closely for possible connections to those who are killed or missing during that time of the year.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back