JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you think LE will ever come out and say "JM is not responsible for X case"? We have seen that they do not even clear law-abiding family members, so why clear some serial killer? They might tell the family, but IDK about making some public announcement. The media coverage in this whole story is decreasing, so pressure by the media to tell them about any connections (especially in obscure cases) is probably also decreasing.

Laura winans and Julie williams disappeared in 1996, not 2006.
Added to Bessie's list above the ones shutterbug had originally put on the JM timeline. I'll add them in by year instead of month at some point, too. I think it's remarkable that the 2004 year is literally absent for missing women in Virginia.

January -
Vestora Spriggs (28, 2005)
Bethany Decker (29, 2011)
Joan Cook (24, 2010) Salem, VA
Crystal Soles (24, 2005) Andrews, SC
Vestoria Leatrise Spriggs (28, 2005) Norfolk, VA

February -
Julie Fraser (1, 2003)

March -
Latonia Smith (14, 2009)

April -
Gracie MacCord (21, 2008)
Ariana Davis, (30, 2010)
Heather Hodges (9, 2012)
Laura Winans & Julianne Williams (6, 2006) – Big Meadows, VA/Shenandoah National Park

May

June
Annie Horn (3, 2001) Richmond, VA

July -
Autumn Day (24, 2003)
Ivonne Biviano (22, 2007)
Cindy Bonilla (12, 2014)
Bonnie Santiago (12, 2014) - Charlottesville, VA

August -
La-Teasha LaMone Brooks (29, 2002)
Heidi Childs and David Metzler (26, 2009)
Alexis Murphy (3, 2013)
Qauisra Khan (26, 2006) – Alexandria, VA

September -
Sharon Ivy Jones (22, 2002)
Sophie May Rivera (7, 2003)
Fairfax (24, 2005)
Sereda McGlothin (21, 2007)
Samantha Clarke (13, 2010)
Hannah Graham (17, 2014)

October -
Kathleen Hulderman (21, 2005)
Cassandra Morton (mid-Oct, 2009)
Morgan Harrington (17, 2009)

November -
Hope Curry (11, 2000)
Lauren Susann Smith (21, 2011)
Dashad Sage (20, 2012)
Jamisha Gilbert (28, 2013)
Tatawanda Hill (18, 2009) Norfolk, VA
Norma Avillan (29, 2009) Herndon, VA

December -
Joseline Arriaza (22, 2011) Alexandria, VA

does it seem odd in 2002-03 more missing from Norfolk area
2009-13 more missing from Lynchburg area
2009-14 more missing from Charlottesville-Albemarle-Orange area
like a pattern with a few oddies thrown in;maybe nothing ,just kinda bothered me.

A Charlottesville woman reported that her daughter and a friend had been approached by a man resembling Jesse Matthew at a convenience store the week before Hannah Graham disappeared. He struck up a conversation, then asked if they wanted to go hang out. They declined, but felt uneasy and thought it was weird enough to tell their mother who reported it to police after Hannah Graham disappeared and the photo of the suspect came out. Their family worked on the volunteer searches over the weeks following Hannah’s abduction. (I have lost link to article)

There are a number of victims with connections to grocery or convenience stores.

12/26/96 - Linda Lunsford, 38 – Chesterfield County, VA - car found in Food Lion parking lot.
4/12/98 - Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas age 17 - missing no body found, car found bridge Henrico county near Richmond – worked at a grocery store.
1/24/05 - Crystal Soles, 28 - missing no body found, last seen walking from Shaw’s Country Store in Andrews, S.C
9/24/2005 Fairfax rape victim – assaulted on the way home from a grocery store.
12/2006 – Shonda Stansbury – last seen running behind Information grocery store being chased by two men - http://www.nampn.org/cases/stansbury_shonda.html ; http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/366-missing-woman-shonda-stansbury-nc-12092006/
8/3/13 - Alexis Murphy, 17 black, last seen at Liberty gas station convenience store, Lovingston near Lynchburg - Randy Allen Taylor indicted

Are there any other disappearances connected to grocery/convenience stores?

Has anyone seen any info on the 2 women sexually assaulted in C'ville the 14th and 15th after Hannah's abduction;I've not seen any description of perp or locations?

Has anyone seen any info on the 2 women sexually assaulted in C'ville the 14th and 15th after Hannah's abduction;I've not seen any description of perp or locations?

http://www.c-ville.com/weekend-viol...nd-hannah-grahams-disappearance/#.VFJgq_l4pcQ

1) According to Charlottesville Police Sergeant D.J. Harris, a female UVA student reported a sexual assault that allegedly occurred in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 13, near Wertland Street. Harris declined to offer specific details about the alleged assault other than the time and general location but said the assailant is described as a white male.

2) Harris said police believe the second woman, who does not attend UVA, had been there for 30-40 minutes before she came into contact with police, who have reviewed surveillance video of the area and did not see signs of an attack or any other disturbance. He declined to say whether she had been alone prior to becoming incapacitated and he would not elaborate on the nature of her injuries or the type of treatment she received. “That’s part of the investigation,” he said.

3) A third assault also occurred in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 13, at the intersection of 13th and Wertland streets. According to Harris, the male victim was beaten and suffered serious injuries. Harris said 28-year-old Eldridge Smith, a Charlottesville resident, was arrested on September 17 and charged with unlawful wounding related to the incident. He is due to appear in Charlottesville District Court on Tuesday, September 23 at 10am.

Added to Bessie's list above the ones shutterbug had originally put on the JM timeline. I'll add them in by year instead of month at some point, too. I think it's remarkable that the 2004 year is literally absent for missing women in Virginia.

January -
Vestora Spriggs (28, 2005)
Bethany Decker (29, 2011)
Joan Cook (24, 2010) Salem, VA
Crystal Soles (24, 2005) Andrews, SC
Vestoria Leatrise Spriggs (28, 2005) Norfolk, VA

February -
Julie Fraser (1, 2003)

March -
Latonia Smith (14, 2009)

April -
Gracie MacCord (21, 2008)
Ariana Davis, (30, 2010)
Heather Hodges (9, 2012)
Laura Winans & Julianne Williams (6, 2006) – Big Meadows, VA/Shenandoah National Park

May

June
Annie Horn (3, 2001) Richmond, VA

July -
Autumn Day (24, 2003)
Ivonne Biviano (22, 2007)
Cindy Bonilla (12, 2014)
Bonnie Santiago (12, 2014) - Charlottesville, VA

August -
La-Teasha LaMone Brooks (29, 2002)
Heidi Childs and David Metzler (26, 2009)
Alexis Murphy (3, 2013)
Qauisra Khan (26, 2006) – Alexandria, VA

September -
Sharon Ivy Jones (22, 2002)
Sophie May Rivera (7, 2003)
Fairfax (24, 2005)
Sereda McGlothin (21, 2007)
Samantha Clarke (13, 2010)
Hannah Graham (17, 2014)

October -
Kathleen Hulderman (21, 2005)
Cassandra Morton (mid-Oct, 2009)
Morgan Harrington (17, 2009)

November -
Hope Curry (11, 2000)
Lauren Susann Smith (21, 2011)
Dashad Sage (20, 2012)
Jamisha Gilbert (28, 2013)
Tatawanda Hill (18, 2009) Norfolk, VA
Norma Avillan (29, 2009) Herndon, VA

December -
Joseline Arriaza (22, 2011) Alexandria, VA

Thanks so much you are both awesome!!! I'm going to spend some time digging into this list/dates/what's known about each crime over the next few days...

Do you think LE will ever come out and say "JM is not responsible for X case"? We have seen that they do not even clear law-abiding family members, so why clear some serial killer? They might tell the family, but IDK about making some public announcement. The media coverage in this whole story is decreasing, so pressure by the media to tell them about any connections (especially in obscure cases) is probably also decreasing.

With all the heat....I'd think that if he had been cleared in cases....his lawyer would very very very much like to announce that information.

http://www.c-ville.com/weekend-viol...nd-hannah-grahams-disappearance/#.VFJgq_l4pcQ

1) According to Charlottesville Police Sergeant D.J. Harris, a female UVA student reported a sexual assault that allegedly occurred in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 13, near Wertland Street. Harris declined to offer specific details about the alleged assault other than the time and general location but said the assailant is described as a white male.

2) Harris said police believe the second woman, who does not attend UVA, had been there for 30-40 minutes before she came into contact with police, who have reviewed surveillance video of the area and did not see signs of an attack or any other disturbance. He declined to say whether she had been alone prior to becoming incapacitated and he would not elaborate on the nature of her injuries or the type of treatment she received. “That’s part of the investigation,” he said.

3) A third assault also occurred in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 13, at the intersection of 13th and Wertland streets. According to Harris, the male victim was beaten and suffered serious injuries. Harris said 28-year-old Eldridge Smith, a Charlottesville resident, was arrested on September 17 and charged with unlawful wounding related to the incident. He is due to appear in Charlottesville District Court on Tuesday, September 23 at 10am.

Responding to your first comment. In pondering Hannah's walk that night, I've often wondered if perhaps someone, as in another student, had tried something with her at that party....and she was so upset about it she just had to get away and wanted to be alone, and anywhere felt safer then that party....maybe, just maybe that report involved at least one UVA student, (I imagine they only stated the white male thing, so people would speculate it was JLM), and maybe that white male, is the same one that made her want to leave....

This just occurred to me too.....Wertland is where Hannah referenced in the text, and where we know that first party was near....could hannah have told JLM what happened to her at that party....so when he sent the text...in theory he could have been putting Hannah in closer proximity to the guy who assaulted her at the party.....as in giving himself an alibi?

With all the heat....I'd think that if he had been cleared in cases....his lawyer would very very very much like to announce that information.

How long can we reasonably expect that to take, though? If he wasn't prime suspect until a month ago, won't it take some time to figure that out, even with DNA? Or is it quick and easy because of DNA (at least in cases that have DNA), such that we should know in the next days/weeks?

A Charlottesville woman reported that her daughter and a friend had been approached by a man resembling Jesse Matthew at a convenience store the week before Hannah Graham disappeared. He struck up a conversation, then asked if they wanted to go hang out. They declined, but felt uneasy and thought it was weird enough to tell their mother who reported it to police after Hannah Graham disappeared and the photo of the suspect came out. Their family worked on the volunteer searches over the weeks following Hannah’s abduction. (I have lost link to article)

There are a number of victims with connections to grocery or convenience stores.

12/26/96 - Linda Lunsford, 38 – Chesterfield County, VA - car found in Food Lion parking lot.
4/12/98 - Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas age 17 - missing no body found, car found bridge Henrico county near Richmond – worked at a grocery store.
1/24/05 - Crystal Soles, 28 - missing no body found, last seen walking from Shaw’s Country Store in Andrews, S.C
12/2006 – Shonda Stansbury – last seen running behind Information grocery store being chased by two men - http://www.nampn.org/cases/stansbury_shonda.html ; http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/366-missing-woman-shonda-stansbury-nc-12092006/
8/3/13 - Alexis Murphy, 17 black, last seen at Liberty gas station convenience store, Lovingston near Lynchburg - Randy Allen Taylor indicted

Maybe this is one way he or another serial offender finds his victims....it would be easy enough to watch someone without being noticed, and even leave the parking lot behind them without being noticed.....he would be able to tell/ know if they were alone.....

Ooh creepy it actually seems like too good of a place to find victims...

I read the CM may have been run off the road....based on evidence on the car door

And his Fairfax victim was coming home from the grocery store....I've speculated earlier and I don't even remember on which board that perhaps he had observed her at the store, knew she was alone...and found a spot to lay in wait....maybe he saw which direction she came from when she entered...I think I read it was only 1/4 mile from the apartment complex.

Does anyone know if its possible for serial killers to have multiple MO's?

How long can we reasonably expect that to take, though? If he wasn't prime suspect until a month ago, won't it take some time to figure that out, even with DNA? Or is it quick and easy because of DNA (at least in cases that have DNA), such that we should know in the next days/weeks?

This is just my opinion....but I'd think it would be quicker to match two samples then to match one against a whole system. I would think that in the cases where they have DNA they would know within a 2 week, maybe a month at most window. In cases where there is no DNA it might take more investigative work/ more time to find evidence to tie JLM to the case.

For me though, the more time that goes by, if we hear nothing, it will increase my belief that they are trying to keep everything close to the vest to help strengthen LE's case(s) against JLM. And to me it would indicate that they did indeed find some startling, perhaps explosive evidence against JLM.

Could it be that LE would really really like to have his cases tried in Cville, and not asked to be moved based on too much bias. And if they where to release what they have learned it would virtually confirm in everyone's mind his absolute guilt...given his lawyer grounds to ask for change of venue....I dunno just some thoughts.

I just can't imagine, (and I know its still too early), that if his lawyer knew that there was no forensic link btw certain other cases, how he wouldn't want to announce that info ASAP...as I would think it could only help his client...and maybe I'm wrong but I don't think LE would have any authority to ban him from such an announcement.

I do wonder, what the requirements are for LE to share those results with his lawyer? Are they required to? Or only if/when they press charges?

Additionally can anyone think of a good reason why if LE had established there were no links btw certain cases they would not want to announce it to the public? I'd think if they could show that there was no DNA match even LE would want to announce that...as I'm sure letting a serial rapist/murderer get away with so much for so long doesn't make them look good.

One more that I know of...one of the missing girls in Newport News is suspected of being abducted from a grocery store. That is where they found her car. I think it was a Food Lion and very near CNU (Christopher Newport University, where JM attended).

One more that I know of...one of the missing girls in Newport News is suspected of being abducted from a grocery store. That is where they found her car. I think it was a Food Lion and very near CNU (Christopher Newport University, where JM attended).

Thanks! That was Autumn Wind Day - http://www.nampn.org/cases/day_autumn.html

Day was last seen at approximately 7:00 p.m. on July 24, 2003, at the Food Lion grocery store in the vicinity of the 10000 block of Warwick Boulevard in Newport News, Virginia. The day after Day's disappearance, her car was found abandoned in the parking lot of the Food Lion.

The most prolific American serial killer is the Green River Killer, with 49 victims. However, JM will be taking his spot. We must look at cases that are solved, where there is a strong suspect, that happened when he was very young, or in another state in order to find all his victims.

With all due respect, there is absolutely no basis to support that statement (bolded).

Does anyone know if when they ran the DNA for the Morgan case and made the connection to Fairfax if they used a state or national search? Also I'm wondering if perhaps when they ran that search if they found other matches to the DNA in the Morgan case....but of course they still wouldn't know who's DNA it was. I sort of wonder if the ONLY reason we even heard about the Fairfax case in the first place, is not because it was the only case linked by DNA, BUT because it was the ONLY case that produced a sketch.....and it was that sketch that was needed to help aide in the MH search. And of course LE would have to explain how they obtained that sketch. I can't remember if I read, or it was here-say, but I recall something about how the sketch was released before LE really wanted it to be released, and how they hadn't even had time to show it to certain potential witness before it came out to the public. Does anyone else remember that? Has LE ever specifically said Fairfax was the ONLY MH connection, or that there were NO other ones? I'm sure they wouldn't really want to announce what the Morgan's had been saying all along...that they had a serial killer on their hands.

(ETA: not to mention potentially how many rapes he was guilty of that either went unreported, or who's rape kits are still sitting on a shelf, years away, if ever, from being entered in CODIS)

I also wonder about the DNA question when it comes to other cases...for example in AM...in order to make the DNA link to the Morgan Harrington case, the unidentified DNA would have to have been run through the same system...with RT already with a noose around his neck...would they have really bothered? Would they have wasted the expense. I guess what I am questioning is that how many cases of possible JLM victims, where they had DNA, was that DNA actually run through an expensive, back logged, 8 month long wait system? Morgan was different, they had few leads, DNA, and very very very (thank god!) pushy parents who remained vocal, within the media view, and promised to be a thorn in LE's side should they not try EVERYTHING!

I was considering dates, and his victims....and I'm thinking he may have had multiple MO's....it seems to me that maybe he might have had a thing for the fall...considering there seems to be girls that vanished on literally the exact dates of another possible or confirmed JLM event but in a different year.

At first I thought that maybe most of the ones outside of the fall months couldn't be him because it doesn't fit. But the more I learn about some of these cases, particularly the grocery store/convenience store thing there really seems to be something to it.

I'm thinking, please bear with me, we are talking about the mind of a potential serial killer, that he might have in his mind had diff "types" of victims. Maybe Hannah and Morgan were like the top prize to him, and he had a diff approach in how he got close to them, they were the girls that would garnish national attention. But I'm sure he realized that too many white coed girls go missing from the same town, the heat is higher, and he's more likely to get caught. Even those these girls where the top prize they also came with bigger risk.

I think he couldn't sustain on this type of victim alone, I think he was too "hungry". So he also had another way to find victims, single women, focused on shopping, not safety, at a grocery store where he could be very anonymous. And the saddest part of all, he seems to have known how to pick women at these stores, women that would not garnish nearly the attention that HG and MH did.

I was considering dates, and his victims....and I'm thinking he may have had multiple MO's....it seems to me that maybe he might have had a thing for the fall...considering there seems to be girls that vanished on literally the exact dates of another possible or confirmed JLM event but in a different year.

At first I thought that maybe most of the ones outside of the fall months couldn't be him because it doesn't fit. But the more I learn about some of these cases, particularly the grocery store/convenience store thing there really seems to be something to it.

I'm thinking, please bear with me, we are talking about the mind of a potential serial killer, that he might have in his mind had diff "types" of victims. Maybe Hannah and Morgan were like the top prize to him, and he had a diff approach in how he got close to them, they were the girls that would garnish national attention. But I'm sure he realized that too many white coed girls go missing from the same town, the heat is higher, and he's more likely to get caught. Even those these girls where the top prize they also came with bigger risk.

I think he couldn't sustain on this type of victim alone, I think he was too "hungry". So he also had another way to find victims, single women, focused on shopping, not safety, at a grocery store where he could be very anonymous. And the saddest part of all, he seems to have known how to pick women at these stores, women that would not garnish nearly the attention that HG and MH did.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...ses/serial-murder-pathways-for-investigations

You might find Chapters VI and X of interest.

When his attorney files for discovery ;he'll get all the evidence filed for his clients charges. As they have not filed those charges no one will see any evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back