JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I was on the run from police, I'd try to imagine the place everyone would think I'd be least likely to go and head there.

All the stuff you guys have come up with is truly overwhelming.

If I was on the run from police, I'd try to imagine the place everyone would think I'd be least likely to go and head there.

Why did he choose that area in Texas? I'd bet my bottom dollar he's been there before. jmo.

(really easy for me, though, bc I have no money haha)

Maybe...but have you ever been to Galveston? Its kind of a side trip from pretty much anywhere.

So he likely would have possibly gone right through the Killing Fields, and TES's backyard...How ironic.

I honestly don't think JM did much thinking when he fled. I think he just ran. Like Forrest Gump (and I'm not trying got make light of this serious situation). I certainly don't think there would be anywhere safe he would think he could go. The entire country basically had an APB out on him. I think he just tried to go wherever he could to get away from people and kind of ended up at the end of land. I don't know... I don't think he was fleeing to Mexico.

I'd originally thought it made sense for him to end up on a relatively empty beach on the edges of Texas as a hiding place. But then someone pointed out how much he stood out there and that he'd have been better off going somewhere crowded with more people that looked like him (perhaps alternative dreads, etc.). Which is an excellent point. I'd be a bad criminal on the run and people would surely find me! :)

This thing seems to be a creature of habit, in many ways...my guess is that when the heat was on, it was a natural reaction to flee to somewhere he might know a little bit about...maybe somewhere familiar and safe, somewhere he thought he could "make it in the wild"...Sure he would have wanted to go somewhere that they could not trace to him (hance the argument that he might have gone somewhere he'd never been), but I doubt he would go to some strange random place...I think this guy might have some ties down that way/possible knowledge of the area...jmo...

(Lol. Peony, we just simultaneously posted opposite posts heehee!

Who knows, maybe he did randomly start running like Forrest. I have no idea about anything anymore!)

(Lol. Peony, we just posted opposite posts heehee)

Who knows, maybe he did randomly start running like Forest. I have no idea about anything anymore!

Well, a bit opposite I guess :) But I think it could be a hybrid of both ideas. I think he just ran, but it's certainly possible he went in the general direction of places he knew. When you start running you'd probably tend to go by way of something familiar. I don't think he necessarily had an end destination though. Maybe. Either way, I have this image of him just trying to go until he couldn't go any further.

ETA: is this OT? It must be connected to Kevin Bacon and this thread in some way. Mods, if this should move somewhere please do and I appreciate it.

Could this area of Texas also be part of his awareness space??

Sometimes serial killer types operate during vacation hours too...dang did he go fishing in Texas? DAMN, i BET THAT'S IT.

If he is responsible for the majority of these missing/murdered women we will see a decrease in missing/murdered women in Virginia.

So he likely would have possibly gone right through the Killing Fields, and TES's backyard...How ironic.

Suspect’s hiding place was a remote peninsula
BY MICHAEL GRACZYK Associated PressSeptember 25, 2014
http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/25/4181713/arrest-site-for-abduction-suspect.html

"In the early 1970s, authorities recovered seven bodies from a Bolivar beach at High Island, one of three mass graves used by serial killer Dean Corll. His 28-victim killing spree ended when accomplice Elmer Wayne Henley Jr. killed him in August 1973.

“It’s kind of scary,” Jill Howard, 56, of Arlington, said, recalling the infamous killings while walking the beach Thursday with her stepdaughter. But she said she could understand how someone trying to avoid capture would head out to “this beach out in the boonies.”

One road in, you can see when all the fishermen or others have left, perfect hiding place. After he spends a few hours at the campsite in Lumberton, Tx, where it was thought he would stand out too much for safety, he headed to this beach. LE had picked up his trail into Galveston it was said, but not to Gilchrist. It was also previously discussed that this perp may have had a competitive maybe rueful nature to picking victims and placing them vindictively near the two universities he was kicked out off. The SK above had a burial ground where this predator was found. I think that somewhere along the line, as his family ties and friends would not give him refuge he sought it where an idol of his had left his mark and he thought it would be a good place to hide. He never cut his hair, he was still prowling, when the lady recognized him at the beach. His narcissism may have been his undoing, but I also think it was what may have lead him to a place and person he may have idolized. Sheltering in place that meant something to him, the way he disposed of his victims in place that meant something to him.

BBM:

rsbm

One road in, you can see when all the fishermen or others have left, perfect hiding place. After he spends a few hours at the campsite in Lumberton, Tx, where it was thought he would stand out too much for safety, he headed to this beach. LE had picked up his trail into Galveston it was said, but not to Gilchrist. It was also previously discussed that this perp had a competitive maybe rueful nature to picking victims and placing them vindictively near the two universities he was kicked out off. The SK above had a burial ground where this predator was found. I think that somewhere along the line, as his family ties and friends would not give him refuge he sought it where an idol of his had left his mark and he thought it would be a good place to hide. He never cut his hair, he was still prowling, when the lady recognized him at the beach. His narcissism may have been his undoing, but I also think it was what may have lead him to a place and person he may have idolized. Sheltering in place that meant something to him, the way he disposed of his victims in place that meant something to him.

(There is a Univ campus down there---I've been there, I think...not UTMB on the East End, but ALL THE WAY WEST...)

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/25/4181713/arrest-site-for-abduction-suspect.html

"In the early 1970s, authorities recovered seven bodies from a Bolivar beach at High Island, one of three mass graves used by serial killer Dean Corll. His 28-victim killing spree ended when accomplice Elmer Wayne Henley Jr. killed him in August 1973."
rsbm

I really really doubt any relation to DC, jmo.

"In the early 1970s, authorities recovered seven bodies from a Bolivar beach at High Island, one of three mass graves used by serial killer Dean Corll. His 28-victim killing spree ended when accomplice Elmer Wayne Henley Jr. killed him in August 1973.

“It’s kind of scary,” Jill Howard, 56, of Arlington, said, recalling the infamous killings while walking the beach Thursday with her stepdaughter. But she said she could understand how someone trying to avoid capture would head out to “this beach out in the boonies.”

One road in, you can see when all the fishermen or others have left, perfect hiding place. After he spends a few hours at the campsite in Lumberton, Tx, where it was thought he would stand out too much for safety, he headed to this beach. LE had picked up his trail into Galveston it was said, but not to Gilchrist. It was also previously discussed that this perp had a competitive maybe rueful nature to picking victims and placing them vindictively near the two universities he was kicked out off. The SK above had a burial ground where this predator was found. I think that somewhere along the line, as his family ties and friends would not give him refuge he sought it where an idol of his had left his mark and he thought it would be a good place to hide. He never cut his hair, he was still prowling, when the lady recognized him at the beach. His narcissism may have been his undoing, but I also think it was what may have lead him to a place and person he may have idolized. Sheltering in place that meant something to him, the way he disposed of his victims in place that meant something to him.

Thank you for this. Wow, that BBM quote is amazingly applicable to JM.

I think you lay out a plausible hypothesis for his ending up where he did, but I just can't get past that I don't believe JM would actually think that deeply about the history of the place. I'm not convinced he'd even know about Dean Corll. I do believe, as you said, that the bodies of at least some of his victims (and let's just for a second assume CM is one of them) were placed near universities he resented. But to me, that's a level of "meaning" that is much more basic. As opposed to having the knowledge of Corll and wanting to be near that burial ground. That part just doesn't jive with my overall impression of JM. Totally MOO.

Thank you for this. Wow, that BBM quote is amazingly applicable to JM.

I think you lay out a plausible hypothesis for his ending up where he did, but I just can't get past that I don't believe JM would actually think that deeply about the history of the place. I'm not convinced he'd even know about Dean Corll. I do believe, as you said, that the bodies of at least some of his victims (and let's just for a second assume CM is one of them) were placed near universities he resented. But to me, that's a level of "meaning" that is much more basic. As opposed to having the knowledge of Corll and wanting to be near that burial ground. That part just doesn't jive with my overall impression of JM. Totally MOO.

Who knows really? I don't think one can completely discount his capacity to surf other serial killers on the web, to learn, to admire, and to compete especially. Maybe if LE can access his internet surfing history it may hold clues. I'd imagine of all the people who have come up who know him well, there is one who he may have possibly shared his darkest interests not in way that would implicate this predator, but this person in CA may have had the kind of relationship where a conversation about SKs would be conceivable. If you recall, he told an old acquaintance that he played a lot of internet poker, according to MSM, so he did spend time on the web. It was mentioned by WSers that he facebook friended young women who were in a support group for missing women, so he would have cover as a concerned individual to look up SKs. I don't think it was at all impossible, maybe probable, but again, time may tell.

OK, I didn't stop looking, but now I really am done for now.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12844 - The decedent was found in a formerly wooded area that was being cleared for new construction. The location is not far from an assisted living facility and shopping center. Date found 4/27/14. One or both hands not recovered. 15-30 YO AAF. Estimated date of death 2012-2014. Found in Largo, MD.

I really am curious if MH's and HG's hands were recovered.

That one or more hands not being recovered line keeps coming up...that seems to be someone's MO but I'm not sure it sounds like JLM.

This has turned into a discussion about JM, and I have a response that I'd like to add, but I'm going to put it in the "What do we know" thread. 'K? :thinking:

I may have to make that post later. I should be getting ready for work right now.

By the way, have any of you noticed the deafening silence surrounding the DNA testing requested by Michael Hallahan on behalf of RAT? Do you notice that LE has not been shouting from the rooftops that JM is NOT connected? There's been time to have found that out, I think, and I'd also think that if they HAD found that, they'd be shouting it out loud and clear.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back