JLM: Other Possible Victims

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fairfax rape committed by MH's killer was near George Mason University. A mile or two off of 29...

I definitely think that Cassandra and Morgan could be other victims of JM's....Morgan especially.
But, Brittanee? I mean anything is possible...but MB is 393 miles from Charlottesville. Now if we could find evidence that he traveled there during that time frame, then my spidey senses would tingle. Does he have any contacts in SC that we know of? Was that one of the states listed on the wanted poster?

Yes I agree unless there was evidence of JLM traveling to MB at the time Britt was there and disappeared, I'd say we can definitely rule him out on this one as I personally think this is taking it a little too far. A lot of us have strong suspicions about someone/certain people she was in MB with, even an RSO in the area. Of course this is JMO.

I think the eyes are very close. For me, the eyebrows are a little off but we have to remember the victim giving the description was very traumatized. I think it's him...way too close to not be. What are the odds?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

It was not just the victim that described him there was a witness. Who scared him away

OMG....I want to apologize if I've been derailing this thread
by talking about Morgan. Just realized this was the "other victims" thread and not Morgans.
(modsnip)

Well, this thread is/was for JM "possible cases" so it may be fine. True an MH topic would be easier to locate over at the other thread. Many have discussed MH here but you're right, we may have to repost over there later, double work.

I think his photos, colleges attended, dates, other stuff about him should be posted at JLM: "What Do We Know About Him. Some already began doing this. I hope the most important things about him, time line, photos and comparisons are over there or have been added there. I can't remember now what's there.

This is a photo I hardly ever see posted online, I believe it's from his senior year in HS though so we could probably get a JM photo timeline going.

LJ http://www.geocities.ws/jonnaspelbring/LJ.html

Wow, how did you find that?! You're a super sleuth. I can't read what is says behind the ads. But I can he it's him. He has a slight sadness in his face.
Yes, would be important if you're able to get a JM photo time line going.
:loveyou:

I don't believe I'm allowed to copy and paste the contents (per TOS) but the photographer mentions that the newspaper didn't use that particular photo because it didn't "say" This kid is a wrestler.

I was able to view the contents by right clicking on the page and selecting 'View page source' (I'm using Chrome).

OMG! I just learned this morning that Anchorage Farms where Morgan's remains were found and Candler Mtn. where Cassandra Morton's remains were found are both owned by Liberty University. Is this indeed true? I have chills running down my spine right now! Perhaps LE should search for Hannah on properties owned by LU.

OMG! I just learned this morning that Anchorage Farms where Morgan's remains were found and Candler Mtn. where Cassandra Morton's remains were found are both owned by Liberty University. Is this indeed true? I have chills running down my spine right now! Perhaps LE should search for Hannah on properties owned by LU.

How did you find that out? Is there any way to verify this? If it's true then it might not just be young girls that JM is targeting but also the university that kicked him out too.

How did you find that out? Is there any way to verify this? If it's true then it might not just be young girls that JM is targeting but also the university that kicked him out too.

I can't link the site where I read it here but when I saw it a light bulb went off because I know that I have read both here at WS possibly on separate threads. I'm hoping someone will come along and confirm it for us. I don't have much time for sleuthing during the weekend when Mr. wm is home, LOL!

I've just had a quick look at Google and it seems that Anchorage Farm was/is a cow farm owned by a man called David Bass.

http://www.c-ville.com/State_Police_calls_access_to_Anchorage_Farm_high_risk_for_those_who_don/

David Bass on finding Morgan Harrington's remains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RFxKfyFUc8

<sniped & BBM - read more>
The mystery of Morgan's final resting place isn't just about who put her there; it's about how anyone could have reached such a remote location in the first place.

A remote farm There is exactly one vehicle entrance to Anchorage Farm: a driveway off 29 South, known there as Monacan Trail. While the farm's original house, a two-story brick home with a white clapboard addition, is visible from the road, Bass lives in a sprawling Colonial-style mansion approximately one mile in, where the driveway ends, and Bass says it would be technically possible to drive to the end of his mile-long driveway and then continue another half-mile over rough terrain&#8211; pastures, hayfields, and thickets&#8211; on foot. But he doubts anyone could make the trek without drawing his attention. Any vehicle entering from 29 South also has to pass the smaller house&#8211; rented to UVA graduate students until June&#8211; but now home to Bass' adult daughter
And the forest is not the only access. A nearby neighborhood actually offers a nearly straight shot toward Anchorage Farm.

Wrapping around the western and northern borders of Anchorage, the neighborhood comprises lots no smaller than 21 acres, and one of them appears to provide an open, level field over which a car could travel to within 100 feet of where Morgan's remains were discovered&#8211; all while remaining out of the sightline of the nearby mansions. And according to another Blandemar resident, police spent a significant period of time analyzing and photographing the area around the cul-de-sac that leads to the field.

Even if someone could have driven so close, he or she would still have had to traverse those last 100 feet on foot in order to cross a creek and, according to the resident, multiple barbed wire barriers.

"It would be very difficult," says the resident, who requested anonymity.

Despite such ardor, Morgan Harrington ended up in the corner of a cowfield which, the owner says, is accessible only by off-road vehicle. And that, says a criminal profiler, is a clue of its own into the assailant's identity.

"They'd probably need to know that area," says former FBI profiler Mark Safarik, noting that in order to dispose of a body, "killers will travel a distance to go someplace that's familiar to them."

"I am feeling a tendency to downplay Morgan&#8217;s abduction, to protect the idyllic reputation of the city," Gil Harrington wrote on findmorgan.com on January 23, just three days before Morgan's remains were discovered. "A bad event happened in Charlottesville," she wrote, urging residents to stand up and make Charlottesville "known as the place where this act was not tolerated, not dismissed, be relentless, be clever, be resourceful, and find Morgan. Protect people rather than reputations, they are infinitely more precious."

Gil says Dan Harrington expressed his concerns about safety to UVA, and soon after Morgan's discovery, University Vice President Patricia Lampkin sent an email to all students offering safety tips including traveling in groups, particularly at night, and even making sure not to get into any unmarked taxis.

That's what I thought as well, blefuscu...privately owned. But I know I read someone here at WS mention a AF/LU connection. It is most likely just misinformation but was surprised to read it in 2 separate places. Thanks for checking!

A woman on the FHG facebook page mentioned that her daughter and friend were going in a store one afternoon and JLM came up and started a conversation and then asked them if they wanted to hang out. They declined, but it really disturbed the mother. I'm sure they spoke with the police. The mother and family all participated in the searches.

I'm sure there are other females he has approached through the years.

Approached is one thing. What would really be helpful are the ones who went with him. Ones with whom he went way too far, drove to some remote location, and then physically crossed the boundaries of consent. Ones that should have been reported to the police but the victims did not, out of embarrasment, humiliation, the fact that they felt they let it go too far themselves as they willingly got into the car with JM, maybe encouraged for a bit. Really, it would be useful if those who went with JM consensually would step up to give LE some direction on what this guy likes to do when he makes his pick up.

I don't think this was a something he put a lot of thought into. If he has a favorite spot, has used it before, he probably went right there. Something just went terribly wrong this time. I don't believe an instant he plotted this out in advance . Pure opportunity. Impulse. And he is a careless immediate person. She had to be taken somewhere nearby.

That's what I thought as well, blefuscu...privately owned. But I know I read someone here at WS mention a AF/LU connection. It is most likely just misinformation but was surprised to read it in 2 separate places. Thanks for checking!

<sniped from article & BBM for Focus>

A remote farm There is exactly one vehicle entrance to Anchorage Farm: a driveway off 29 South, known there as Monacan Trail. While the farm's original house, a two-story brick home with a white clapboard addition, is visible from the road, Bass lives in a sprawling Colonial-style mansion approximately one mile in, where the driveway ends, and Bass says it would be technically possible to drive to the end of his mile-long driveway and then continue another half-mile over rough terrain&#8211; pastures, hay fields, and thickets&#8211; on foot. But he doubts anyone could make the trek without drawing his attention. Any vehicle entering from 29 South also has to pass the smaller house&#8211; rented to UVA graduate students until June&#8211; but now home to Bass' adult daughter

http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

Imo the point of LE saying the person who dumped MH knew the area was that they would have known that the entrance to AF off hwy 29 wasn't the way to go. Period. One can get a lot closer to that remote location by going around toward the back of the property using the roads that go through that other neighborhood, or by following the river.

I wish I knew or could find out how wide and deep the river is. I've looked and can't really find anything specific, and Google doesn't zoom in close enough. It really doesn't look very wide there - more like a creek than a river. But for some reason, I cannot get that river out of my mind. Guess it's because of all the conversation about JM liking to fish, dunno.

The other thing I noticed when looking at AF on Google is that the area where MH was found is like a MAZE. All kinds of little outcroppings of trees around small clearings, small paths in, very strange. Some places are big, wide-open fields, and then there are those clusters of trees with clearings inside. It's almost like they've made a maze or two for kids to play in. Seems like it would be very easy to get disoriented out there, but also very easy to hide in those clusters of trees.

this new article talks about Cassandra and Liberty University
http://www.wsls.com/story/20833601/investigators-still-searching-for-leads-in-cassandra-morton-case

Has anyone looked into whether or not his games with the semi-pro football team, the Charlottesville Silverbacks, coincided with unsolved crimes in other cities:

http://virginiasilverbacks.weebly.com/roster.html

I think the team is now defunct, but I know he played on it. I can't find much of a web presence for their schedules, but maybe someone else has better skills/more patience than I do. This article from NBC12 confirms the Jesse Matthew on the roster was him: http://www.nbc12.com/story/26619204/graham-abduction-suspect-played-and-coached-football

I can't help wondering if perhaps, while driving the taxi, JM dropped a fare in the area where MH's body was found? If so, that might have familiarized him with the remoteness of the area. I wonder if the taxi dispatch for the time of his employment is still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc