JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!! And Hannah goes missing on the anniversary of the disappearance of Samantha Clark.

It's possible he blames his loosing football and his scholarship on a young college aged female with specific types of physical and social qualities.

RAT was implicated as a POI in her case as well wasn't he? I find the RAT/JLM theory quite interesting and at least something to keep in the back of one's mind.

Quote to article on RAT and SC & AM: http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-teens-abduction-link-missing-person-case/story?id=19949878

the only thing that is throwing me off for the fact he might not be responsible for mh is that the earlier rape victim stated the the perp was a black man of medium size.. while jlm is a very large person. Even back then lineman size.

I've seen the sketch of the 2005 Fairfax abduction/rape suspect which depicts an older looking guy IMO; and does not really share a likeness with JM (other than facial hair). But, then I've seen another sketch of supposedly the same suspect? which does actually look like JM to me - the JM before dreadlocks.

Earlier sketch of the 2005 fairfax rape suspect? maybe the one of the older looking guy is a recent update to the original sketch? I don't know ... http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/07/morgan_harrington_murder_foren.php scroll to bottom of page to see image.

That said, if JM is connected to these cases; I wonder if growing dreadlocks was a way to change his appearance after police released the sketch...

I am leaning toward LE thinking for some time that Hannah's disappearance is likely connected to previous crimes.

There is a very short distance between Red Hill Road & Ponderosa Trail which may or may not be important.

Has anyone looked for a connection between where the Pantera shirt was found & JM?

Are there any links to more information on this rape? I know we have the sketch, and that DNA evidence from this rape is linked to the Morgan Harrington murder. What I'd like to know is if there are any more details as to the circumstances. Did she escape, or did the perp just walk away after the attack? Do we know anything about her age, race, or appearance? What time of day and where in Fairfax was she attacked?

So many questions . . .

Quick summary:
She was walking home from the Giant Grocery store around 10:00 PM. She passed the large black man and there was some brief conversation. He said he was waiting for a friend and she continued toward her townhouse, just off Jermantown Rd..about 1/4 of a mile from rt 50. As she approached her driveway she was attacked and scooped up from behind..dragging her into a bushy area near the community's pool. He tried to strangle and rape her. She fought back and a neighbor heard the struggle. Sketch dragged her furhter away but the neighbor, a male, continued to approach. Sketch ran off. His DNA was blood and skin under her fingernails.
9/24/2005.

One interesting factor with hypothermia is a condition called Paradoxical Undressing. To quote from the article: "Paradoxical undressing is a term for a phenomenon frequently seen in cases of lethal hypothermia. Shortly before death, the person will remove all their clothes, as if they were burning up, when in fact they are freezing. Because of this, people who have frozen to death are often found naked and are misidentified as victims of a violent crime." http://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/permalink/paradoxical_undressing/

True but if she got away from an attacker and then started suffering from that condition...I would re-open her case just to rule him out completely. Too many similarities.

Yes I see a lot of similarities between the girls; particularly MH and HG :(. I hope it's just not me wanting desperately justice for MH and HG and hopefully others.

On a side note, does anybody know off hand if the number of missing young women in the Charlottesburg area is higher than the country average? If that makes sense?

sketch v JLM Jr.jpg Use these two pictures
I've seen the sketch of the 2005 Fairfax abduction/rape suspect which depicts an older looking guy IMO; and does not really share a likeness with JM (other than facial hair). But, then I've seen another sketch of supposedly the same suspect? which does actually look like JM to me - the JM before dreadlocks.

Earlier sketch of the 2005 fairfax rape suspect? maybe the one of the older looking guy is a recent update to the original sketch? I don't know ... http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/07/morgan_harrington_murder_foren.php scroll to bottom of page to see image.

That said, if JM is connected to these cases; I wonder if growing dreadlocks was a way to change his appearance after police released the sketch...

I've been confused with all the multiple threads now- sorry if this has been addressed already. It seems to me that the victim of the Fairfax rape (who helped create "The Sketch") would have been able to visually identify JM if he was the same guy. Right? The thought that the two cases are connected is frightening, but seemingly so possible. Yet I can't get past thinking JM would have been clearly identified already if so.

I definitely see a resemblance. Just can't figure out what he'd be doing walking around Fairfax in 2005, unless it was to go to another college or find employment. Wondering if I should see if there were any other attacks in the area during that timeframe, though I'm sure the police looked into that.

I think she already knows but like longo is trying to keep things focused on finding HG

Remember one of the big things during the MH case was LE coming out and saying whoever did this has some connection to that area ... knew the area and where to go. Honesty in my mind I already feel sure he is responsible for MH.

I feel the exact same way as you!

I definitely see a resemblance. Just can't figure out what he'd be doing walking around Fairfax in 2005, unless it was to go to another college or find employment. Wondering if I should see if there were any other attacks in the area during that timeframe, though I'm sure the police looked into that.
Possibly visiting his friends or family in the D.C. area? We know from the Wanted poster that JLM had contacts somewhere in the D.C. area.

I have the impression from my readings that when an offense occurs, a successful offense, that satisfies them, or "quiets the need," for some period of time. As I understand it, there is often some progression/escalation that makes this "satisfied time" shorter, which is why these people usually go off the rails and make a colossal mistake, lose their bearings, etc.

This is the conclusion I've reached as well. Discounting the depravity, it's basically an addiction.

If we are throwing out possible links to previous missing cases in the area. I did notice that JM had a fb friend (recently deleted) that lives 2 miles from where MH was found. Relevant?

I haven't been at WS that long, but my take on AM is that the dreadlocks guy in her case was identified by RT, testified against RT, and had an alibi that LE verified so he was not considered involved.

Therefore, JM would not be the dreadlocks guy from that case, and Longo said JM is not involved with that case.

I posted somewhere on a AM thread recently that I was browsing JM's facebook page and saw he had a friend named Boo (a nickname) last name M. He is an avid hunter and fisherman. He has a family, I don't know real names and wouldn't post them if I did. He used to have dreads. It's my theory that this facebook friend may have been the person in the pictures of a conversation with AM posted at Slaybaugh's facebook page.

My theory is based on the unknown person telling AM that someone misses her. She replies something and "Hi boo." He had joked and asked her when she was going to allow him to filet her fish. She loled. I think he was kidding around with the innuendoes until he let her know who he was.

I in no way connect him to AM's disappearance!

I just found it weird that he may have known her and JM. Or maybe I was reading too much into it and it really is a small world. I also found it creepy today when Longo mentioned JM liked to fish. I hadn't heard that before today, but he's interviewing tons of people and knows much, much more than I do.

If this post is against TOS I want to apologize to viewers and Mods before it gets deleted.

I believe JM could be connected to Alexis Murphy's disappearance, despite the press release from the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Nelson County claiming that no evidence "at this time" exists.

RT could have identified the wrong guy, because he was grasping for straws. Perhaps someone loosely similar in appearance to DB was with RT that night, and he felt that he needed to give LE a name. Perhaps RT did not care that he identified the wrong person (DB). Perhaps he even knew.

The orange car near Alexis Murphy (in that picture at the gas station) does NOT look like a sign to me. It looks like JM's car, and THAT looms too big of a coincidence in my mind.

the only thing that is throwing me off for the fact he might not be responsible for mh is that the earlier rape victim stated the the perp was a black man of medium size.. while jlm is a very large person. Even back then lineman size.

It really depends upon perspective. I know a man who weighs nearly 400 pounds, not everyone does. I might describe JM as a man of medium size, just because he seems so much smaller than a 400 lb. man.

Why do you think the reluctance from LE to discuss any connection with MH, but they quickly made a statement that JM was not connected to AM? If he is indeed connected to MH, I think they would know by now. Why keep it a secret if so?

Hoping JM wouldn't realize they (LE) thought or knew he may be tied to MH (and possibly a lot of other incidents) and that he might be less likely to harm himself or not talk to them once they got him?

If he thought he was "only" on the hook for one case and not possibly several - or even quite a number - he might feel "safer"?

Bill Warner is unreliable and irresponsible in how he presents information. His list of connected crimes is like a game of musical chairs for him. Once a case is solved, they get removed from his list and replaced by another case. IMO, he would tell you the Hamburglar was responsible if he thought it would get you to click onto his page.

I'm sorry I didn't realize he wasn't a reliable source, but I still feel like the list is good to have for the girls in VA, just ignore the rest. They are still all blonde white girls....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay