JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I don't see JM connected to Heidi Childs and her boyfriend. The perp used a gun and left the bodies. From what we have pieced together about JM is he doesn't own a gun or use one (although we aren't totally sure) and likes to hide bodies. Not kill them in the same spot and leave them there.

I don't know if JM owns a gun or not. But I read recently that the place in North Garden where he spent much of his childhood was adjacent to the Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club.

http://.com/2014/10/01/another-matthew-victim-identified-cassandra-morton-our-fears-were-accurate-and-there-could-be-six-more-the-curious-case-of-alexis-murphy-abducted-2013-and-possibly-connected-to-jesse-matth/#more-89803

Whoa in this link someone posted earlier today they seem to be claiming JM has already been officially linked to Cassandra Morton, that must be a mistake right? or did I miss something huge?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/us/virginia-unsolved-cases/index.html?hpt=us_c1

The sheriff noted that Morton was reported missing by her parents the same day as Morgan Harrington, a Virginia Tech student whose body was found in January 2010.

Getting a taxi and hitchhiking are two totally different things. I just find it very hard to believe that drunk or not, a woman like her with a high IQ and "regular" lifestyle would go hitchhiking in the middle of the night.

I do not discount it entirely, but it just seems unlikely. Also, it would have been pure dumb luck on JLM's part, who seems more like the kind of guy who sort of hangs around places and then pounces.

Since it does appear JM is likely Morgan's killer, how do you think they ended up crossing paths that night? Not trying to argue...just curious what your theory is.

If JM lived in Hessian Hills in 2009, it's close to the Copeley Road bridge where Morgan Harrington was last seen on October 17th. Map

Some people have said that murderers in Virginia must be pleased that JM is being suspected of every cold case. For me it is prudent that LE in Virginia do investigate the possibility of JM being involved in these cases. I'm not saying he's guilty of them all, not by a long shot. But what if they do find another link between JM and a cold case? It really has to be checked out. We know that there is DNA evidence that links JM to Morgan Harrington and the 2005 rape. We know there was an allegation made against him in 2002. We know he was the last person Hannah Graham was seen with. We know police have a probable cause to charge him with her abduction. Imagine for one second that you are the parents, the brothers or the sister of the victims in those unsolved cases. Wouldn't you want it checked out? Even if it turns out not to be him? Because there is a small possibility he could be the perp. It's not a witch-hunt. It's common sense detective work and it would be downright irresponsible if it wasn't checked out.

Some people have said that murderers in Virginia must be pleased that JM is being suspected of every cold case. For me it is prudent that LE in Virginia do investigate the possibility of JM being involved in these cases. I'm not saying he's guilty of them all, not by a long shot. But what if they do find another link between JM and a cold case? It really has to be checked out. We know that there is DNA evidence that links JM to Morgan Harrington and the 2005 rape. We know there was an allegation made against him in 2002. We know he was the last person Hannah Graham was seen with. We know police have a probable cause to charge him with her abduction. Imagine for one second that you are the parents, the brothers or the sister of the victims in those unsolved cases. Wouldn't you want it checked out? Even if it turns out not to be him? Because there is a small possibility he could be the perp. It's not a witch-hunt. It's common sense detective work and it would be downright irresponsible if it wasn't checked out.

How fast does it take to check a possible DNA match? Is it a 1-2 thing or is this long process? How does Virginia have the resources to check his DNA against every single cold case in the past 10 years? How long of a backlog is this going to create?

How fast does it take to check a possible DNA match? Is it a 1-2 thing or is this long process? How does Virginia have the resources to check his DNA against every single cold case in the past 10 years?

I honestly don't think they are going to check EVERY cold case. But there are cases where they are circumstances that point to the possibility of JM being involved. I have no clue how long it takes to run DNA but surely it's worth it to bring answers, even if the answer is "no, this isn't our guy."

Sorry-- go back to the source(Coy Barefoot Podcast)- I forgot the link for that lawyer Eric Wilke--but what happened was that LJM cut infront of Wilke with his cab and Wilke honked. LJM parked infront of him and would not let him move his car. Then confronted him an Wilke said he would call the police--this is when his phone was grabbed and Wilke got out of the car and was punched-then LJM was contrite and took him to the hospital where he gogot 2 stiches.....the DA asked if he would drop the charges which he did because his medical bills were paid.

I honestly don't think they are going to check EVERY cold case. But there are cases where they are circumstances that point to the possibility of JM being involved. I have no clue how long it takes to run DNA but surely it's worth it to bring answers, even if the answer is "no, this isn't our guy."

If there is a case involving a young woman whose disappearance is similar to Hannah and Morgan's, and he was known to be in the area at the time, then check it out to see if there is a match.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of jurisdictions try to close cases by claiming he did it, but never actually bringing specific charges against him.

WVIR posted on Facebook that Jesse Matthew was involved in a sexual assault at Christopher Newport University. https://www.facebook.com/NBC29?fref=nf View attachment 60409

Knew this was coming ... Unfortunately. :( can't believe all the warning signs!! And he always got away with it!! Ugh!!!!!! And after these assaults, which I absolutely believe they were, he learned to kill the girls after the sexual assault/ rape. So sad .. :(

Here's the Clery report for CNU from their website on the wayback machine - but no details to add, unfortunately.

Clery 2003 CNU.jpg

Anybody know what happened with his roomates? Who are they? They lived with him --what did they see?

If there is a case involving a young woman whose disappearance is similar to Hannah and Morgan's, and he was known to be in the area at the time, then check it out to see if there is a match.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of jurisdictions try to close cases by claiming he did it, but never actually bringing specific charges against him.

That's really what I meant. Check him out for cases where the circumstances overlap. I wouldn't be in favour of jurisdictions closing cases based on "let's pin it on this guy" but if they were to check up and find evidence that links JM then it's going to build up a sronger case.

Knew this was coming ... Unfortunately. :( can't believe all the warning signs!! And he always got away with it!! Ugh!!!!!! And after these assaults, which I absolutely believe they were, he learned to kill the girls after the sexual assault/ rape. So sad .. :(

Yep. So the "anniversary" of his removal from the football team was exactly 11 years before Hannah went missing.

kicked off 9/12/2003
Hannah abducted 9/13/2014

within hours of the actual date. 1:20 am 9/13/2014 - HG
very close to the 9/12 date of his removal

I'm asking out of ignorance...if he was tied to these other cases, why would they not bring specific charges against him?

within hours of the actual date. 1:20 am 9/13/2014 - HG
very close to the 9/12 date of his removal

I would say that kidnapping was already "in progress" as far as JM was concerned, on 9/12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nocturnalmeee