JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....Two thoughts. (assuming this is true)

1, Why didn't this bouncer report him?
2, JM seriously can't be the careful planning type. He just has an extensive knowledge of VA.

Re #1 - For all we know, the bouncer very well could have reported JM and talked to LE early on. I hope so.

Re #1 - For all we know, the bouncer very well could have reported JM and talked to LE early on. I hope so.

As this guy has now spoken with Coy I would assume he has already talked to LE about this in light of Hanna going missing. My worry is just how long had this bouncer known JM was doing this before Hanna went missing?

The time frame of when this happened and how long it was going on for is needed.

Well, one thing is sure...JM was not traveling around incognito. There are sooo many stories about his fondness for women, and how he pushed the limits with them. It's mind boggling to me that he didn't get himself pulled in by LE long before now. With so many open missing persons cases in that area, why do you think he was able to stay under the radar for so long? I sounds like he is well known in the area, and he doesn't seem to have the best reputation. With all the reward money open on the MH case, why was everyone in town so zip-lipped about him? As much as the police may say they want to stay "clean" with their investigations, I would think there are many ways they could have kept an eye on him without violating laws. I'm really confused. The only way he landed his butt in jail was a chance surveillance video?

FYI - On the HFHG FBPage, an individual posted (sideways) video from his phone of the CNN/Coy Barefoot interview. Includes Coy repeating what a local bouncer told him about JM. I don't think I'm allowed to link to the FB page, but check it out.

Interview was at approx 5:45pm 10/13/14.

Hopefully there will be a MSM source for the info shortly.

If your cable/satellite provider participates, you can sign in to CNN GO and watch today's episode of The Situation Room at the link below.

This same Coy Barefoot report was also on Sirius XM Radio at about 5:50 this afternoon. I heard it on my way home from work.

http://www.cnn.com/go/

So, folks, how do we start the conversation back up in here? We were on a roll yesterday, and the events of last night and today seem to have put the kibosh on it. We were doing some good brainstorming, ya know?

Where's Hannah?

Well, one thing is sure...JM was not traveling around incognito. There are sooo many stories about his fondness for women, and how he pushed the limits with them. It's mind boggling to me that he didn't get himself pulled in by LE long before now. With so many open missing persons cases in that area, why do you think he was able to stay under the radar for so long? I sounds like he is well known in the area, and he doesn't seem to have the best reputation. With all the reward money open on the MH case, why was everyone in town so zip-lipped about him? As much as the police may say they want to stay "clean" with their investigations, I would think there are many ways they could have kept an eye on him without violating laws. I'm really confused. The only way he landed his butt in jail was a chance surveillance video?

Sadly, there are a lot of JMs in the world. But most of them have managed to stop short of killing anyone, Or even been under suspicion of a murder, disappearance or rapes. Though, like JM, they may well have had something of the sort in their past. The fact of the matter is that no woman has filed a complaint with LE or sued him in more than 10 years. The cases in college were not on file with LE, but were private matters within the university communities. There are too many men who prey on women who are vulnerable due to drink,drugs, depression, and most do not file charges, because they often feel responsible for the events of the night before, even if they feel they were taken advantage of. And some may have wanted the experience. JM likely was able to do well in this regard.

Also, there is word out there that he had a live in girlfriend for the last several years, up until recently. That may have kept things from building up to a terrible tipping point.

Really, nothing that we KNOW for sure he did is a huge crime and is unlikely to be make it to court without more evidence than we have. So what that he picked up Hannah? She's an adult. She willingly went with him. That he helped her to his car when she seemed to look like she was in bad shape as noted by the door checker at Tempo, so what? Had Hannah not disappeared, it would not have been a big deal at all. Something the checker and others have seen time and again. That she was in his car..that's fine too. So he offered her a ride. She accepted, most likely. It's after this point that things start getting shaky because Hannah has disappeared, and we aren't getting any help, info from JM . This massive search is taking place, parents and other loved ones of Hannah are grief stricken, Hannah could be hurt, dead, in trouble and the last person tracked to her won't give squat about where she went with him and what happened. At least that is what we see. And JM's attorney is not coming out with any statements to the contrary.

LE doesn't share a lot of info, so there could be critical evidence in the car that shows that Hannah was not just dropped off, hale and hearty right after getting into JM's car.

In MH's case, not a thing connected JM to her. No one has placed him with MH up till now when some forensic link taken from Hannah Graham disappearance evidence apparently matches some evidence in the MH case. It's the first JM has been linked to MH.

So, folks, how do we start the conversation back up in here? We were on a roll yesterday, and the events of last night and today seem to have put the kibosh on it. We were doing some good brainstorming, ya know?

Where's Hannah?

There's so much information about him, out there so far: the timeline, the forensic links to raped and murdered women, where the received citation, where he worked, where he played, where he schooled; what people around there thought of him in those places; those who knew him well and not very well, seem to be cooperating with LE; and at the risk attention brings to themselves many have spoken up about him publicly. To 20/20 hindsight these people now, make them feel bad about it, is wrong, I think. As you say moving on, with all that info..., the missing piece still hasn't changed. There may be somebody who knows, or people who know, either by chance and they haven't realized it yet, where that special place may be. If they know and they're not sharing it, well then whatever mercy left in their hearts is for a predator.

There's so much information about him, out there so far: the timeline, the forensic links to raped and murdered women, where he received citation, where he worked, where he played, where he schooled; what people around there thought of him in those places; those who knew him well and not very well, seem to be cooperating with LE; and at the risk attention brings to themselves many have spoken up about him publicly. To 20/20 hindsight these people now, make them feel bad about it, is wrong, I think. As you say moving on, with all that info..., the missing piece still hasn't changed. There may be somebody who knows, or people who know, either by chance and they haven't realized it yet, where may that special place be. If they know and they're no sharing it, well then whatever mercy left in their hearts is for a predator.

BBM.
Yes, I think this is part of the problem. I think that most people who might be in the position of knowing him very well might not realize a lot of the information they could offer LE could be germaine. They'd think whatever info they had would be trivial, not to mention of huge scope to have to ponder. If I put myself in their shoes (which is so hard), it's like the opposite of answering a direct question- don't know if that makes sense. But for LE to essentially say, "Tell us everything you know about where he likes to go, where he frequents, etc." that person is tasked with coming up with EVERYTHING, as opposed to supplying an answer. It's an overwhelming responsibility. But yes, one that we'd all like to think would be attempted as much as possible, for Hannah's sake/ for her dear parents' sake.

BBM.
Yes, I think this is part of the problem. I think that most people who might be in the position of knowing him very well might not realize a lot of the information they could offer LE could be germaine. They'd think whatever info they had would be trivial, not to mention of huge scope to have to ponder. If I put myself in their shoes (which is so hard), it's like the opposite of answering a direct question- don't know if that makes sense. But for LE to essentially say, "Tell us everything you know about where he likes to go, where he frequents, etc." that person is tasked with coming up with EVERYTHING, as opposed to supplying an answer. It's an overwhelming responsibility. But yes, one that we'd all like to think would be attempted as much as possible, for Hannah's sake/ for her dear parents' sake.

I wonder if that reward money for MH's death is still available? Seems to me that with the proclamation that JM has been linked to that case, people would be coming out of the woodwork in the chance they may have the piece of information LE needs to make a case.

I wonder if that reward money for MH's death is still available? Seems to me that with the proclamation that JM has been linked to that case, people would be coming out of the woodwork in the chance they may have the piece of information LE needs to make a case.

Perhaps. Some caller mentioned the same thing during today's Coy broadcast with Courtney Stuart. I don't know though... I've thought about if I somehow had information that led to her discovery (unfortunately it appears I don't), would I take the money? I don't think I would feel right about taking it. I just don't think I could. Not saying others should feel badly about taking it, but I just wonder if people are truly motivated by reward money when it comes to helping find a missing person. :thinking:

Edited to add: And then-- iI imagine the concept of the perp's/suspect's friends or family being motivated by reward money. I mean, it's essentially asking them to be motivated by money to divulge information about someone close to them. Someone they likely at least want to believe to be innocent. I just don't see it. I don't think they'd want to be paid to convict their friend (and unfortunately I think that's probably how many of them might see it).

Sadly, there are a lot of JMs in the world. But most of them have managed to stop short of killing anyone, Or even been under suspicion of a murder, disappearance or rapes. Though, like JM, they may well have had something of the sort in their past. The fact of the matter is that no woman has filed a complaint with LE or sued him in more than 10 years. The cases in college were not on file with LE, but were private matters within the university communities. There are too many men who prey on women who are vulnerable due to drink,drugs, depression, and most do not file charges, because they often feel responsible for the events of the night before, even if they feel they were taken advantage of. And some may have wanted the experience. JM likely was able to do well in this regard.

Also, there is word out there that he had a live in girlfriend for the last several years, up until recently. That may have kept things from building up to a terrible tipping point.

Really, nothing that we KNOW for sure he did is a huge crime and is unlikely to be make it to court without more evidence than we have. So what that he picked up Hannah? She's an adult. She willingly went with him. That he helped her to his car when she seemed to look like she was in bad shape as noted by the door checker at Tempo, so what? Had Hannah not disappeared, it would not have been a big deal at all. Something the checker and others have seen time and again. That she was in his car..that's fine too. So he offered her a ride. She accepted, most likely. It's after this point that things start getting shaky because Hannah has disappeared, and we aren't getting any help, info from JM . This massive search is taking place, parents and other loved ones of Hannah are grief stricken, Hannah could be hurt, dead, in trouble and the last person tracked to her won't give squat about where she went with him and what happened. At least that is what we see. And JM's attorney is not coming out with any statements to the contrary.

LE doesn't share a lot of info, so there could be critical evidence in the car that shows that Hannah was not just dropped off, hale and hearty right after getting into JM's car.

In MH's case, not a thing connected JM to her. No one has placed him with MH up till now when some forensic link taken from Hannah Graham disappearance evidence apparently matches some evidence in the MH case. It's the first JM has been linked to MH.

I hear ya...his womanizing / bar behavior is not "shocking" to me, because I know too many guys that act the same way; and I wouldn't consider it predictive. But I think there are a lot of people who feel otherwise.

According to today's story on CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/13/us/hannah-graham-disappearance/index.html), "Authorities are offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of Graham, 18, who was a second-year student at the university." So apparently the reward is still being offered, but I would think it would be paid only if Hannah was found safe, which unfortunately seems quite unlikely.

And until CNN puts up video directly (it's Wolf Blitzer & Coy Barefoot), if you can't access the interview on the FB page, here are copied over good transcriptions from WS users over on the Search thread:

Via carterkatt Search thread4 post#94:
Also said he was attracted to blondes - university types.... would show up at "last call" and looked for the most drunk girl......

Via bestill Search thread4 post#95:
And the bouncer said he had a "type", blonde, preppy style, classy appearance and drunk.

Via maureen718 Search thread4 post#97:
Coy also said: the bouncer said that JM had a "type", blonde, preppy, university girl and he would look for the drunkest. 'and I [bouncer] told him, "Dude you are gonna get yourself in a world of trouble, these girls don't know who they are dealing with and don't know your intentions" and he [bouncer] told JM you are not welcome here, you've made too many girls uncomfortable. and I can't let you back in here " JM kept pleading with him so he let him back in, keeping an eye on him always.

(Hope this is legit, until the MSM link comes about. If not, Bessie, please delete w/ my apologies..)

This information makes me wonder how often he succeeded in getting a girl ("victim") to leave a bar with him and what happened to the girl(s)?

I hear ya...his womanizing / bar behavior is not "shocking" to me, because I know too many guys that act the same way; and I wouldn't consider it predictive. But I think there are a lot of people who feel otherwise.

Again, jamicat

Here we're trying to figure the predator out, not make the legal case for his character, motives, etc
please help keep on track.
thnx

charges against lj
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257735-The-Charges-Against-Jesse-Leroy-Matthew

According to today's story on CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/13/us/hannah-graham-disappearance/index.html), "Authorities are offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of Graham, 18, who was a second-year student at the university." So apparently the reward is still being offered, but I would think it would be paid only if Hannah was found safe, which unfortunately seems quite unlikely.

Looks like the reward for information on MH's murder is still open:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-shirts-raise-thousands-for-morgan-harrington-fund/

I thought we were discussing what we know about JM and whether what we know is damning evidence?

There may be different reasons/motivations for discussing what we know about JM. I just figured it was necessary to figure out as much as we can about him to clue us into where he's hidden Hannah.

FYI - On the HFHG FBPage, an individual posted (sideways) video from his phone of the CNN/Coy Barefoot interview. Includes Coy repeating what a local bouncer told him about JM. I don't think I'm allowed to link to the FB page, but check it out.

Interview was at approx 5:45pm 10/13/14.

Hopefully there will be a MSM source for the info shortly.

Here's a link to the CNN video interview with Coy Barefoot regarding what a bouncer of a local bar told Coy - that JLM "always came in looking for a victim."

Skip to the 3:37 mark.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...runkest-Girl-Regularly-at-Local-Bar-Last-Call

So basically they have no intention of ever giving out the 100k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV