JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Coy is rather sensationalist, but I don't agree his "timeline" article was a waste. IMO. I actually found it fascinating. For me, it was very enlightening to get a report on his behavior before he ran into Hannah that night. VERY. I learned for the first time in that article that he'd been aggressive with other women in the bar, had injured a guy's leg by a wrestling move, had been bar-hopping. I also appreciated seeing the photos that some patrons had taken when they were in the restaurant with him. It gave me more of a sense of him, he looked a little under the influence, etc. The whole article really helped me to get a better sense of his demeanor and state that night.

Agreed. I started to feel like JM was a real lunatic when I read about his behavior immediately preceding HG's disappearance. I was surprised he didn't get kicked out of those bars.

Someone had posted the question (and I'm grossly paraphrasing because I can't find the post) of whether JM might be placing him victims on certain properties out of retaliation/vengeance. I'm no expert on SKs, but due to the fact that I think JM was an opportunist when it came to his victims, I don't foresee him having that kind of thought process, in addition, in terms of profiling, I think it would be very unusual. Anyone else have any insight as to other SKs who may have placed their victims deliberately out of revenge?

If JM's girlfriend was real and "live" (lol@CvilleBob) wouldn't there have been a trace of her on his Facebook? Was there? Even with a break up of 2.5 months I would assume there should be something left on his timeline like change in relationship status etc.

Just a thought. I'm not Facebook savvy and have no idea if his profile went dark too fast to determine any of this but have seen people here cite his friends list and likes so maybe it didn't.

Someone had posted the question (and I'm grossly paraphrasing because I can't find the post) of whether JM might be placing him victims on certain properties out of retaliation/vengeance. I'm no expert on SKs, but due to the fact that I think JM was an opportunist when it came to his victims, I don't foresee him having that kind of thought process, in addition, in terms of profiling, I think it would be very unusual. Anyone else have any insight as to other SKs who may have placed their victims deliberately out of revenge?

One must have forethought to do that, and in every situation we've ever heard thus far about JM, he has none. MO.

When you say you doubt the bouncer exists and that Coy's description makes sense to you b/c of him wanting to build a case against JM, does that mean you believe Coy is making stuff up (essentially lying)? Or are you saying there is someone you think is posing as a bouncer and making stuff up to tell Coy?

Coy Barefoot does not have what I would call journalistic integrity. I wonder if he is not making this up or at very least stretching the truth. Maybe the bouncer noted some of this but the choice of the word "victim" is the authors.

'
One of JM's friends said that he had a thing for short, blonde women. I heard him say it myself. He was a friend that had played football with him and known him for years.

Short, blonde women.

I think that is his preference and you can work your way back from there (meaning at 1:30 am, I suspect he's open to many things).

MOO.

There is an article where a reporter interviewed his former co workers at Martha Jefferson house.

They said he had a gf of four years that had broken up with him a couple of months before.

Serial killers have been married with kids and have been involved in church, so none of that means a thing except to scare me to wonder how many psychos are out there like that

I realize that. But I do wonder if anyone ever actually saw her or was she just someone he talked about. If she is a real person I can imagine she wants her privacy, as would I. But if she was just made up by JM it would help to give insight into his state of mind. That being said, I think it would be pretty difficult to keep the facade of an imaginary girlfriend going for 4 years. I think she is probably real. I would LOVE to know the kind of insight she could give on JM.

I don't think so. The empirical evidence has shown that profiling isn't near as acurate as it is believed. The situational behavior is usually much more acurate. So things like picking a place secluded where he won't be seen or the victim heard is more likely driving the behavior. There might be psychological reasons for the places he chooses, but we can't overlook the obvious like it's an area known to him, etc.

I realize that. But I do wonder if anyone ever actually saw her or was she just someone he talked about. If she is a real person I can imagine she wants her privacy, as would I. But if she was just made up by JM it would help to give insight into his state of mind. That being said, I think it would be pretty difficult to keep the facade of an imaginary girlfriend going for 4 years. I think she is probably real. I would LOVE to know the kind of insight she could give on JM.

I don't know. I worked with a woman who had an imaginary boyfriend. Until we realized she was nuts, if questioned we'd all have sworn he was real.

mod note: Jesse Matthew Jr is the ONLY suspect. Do not sleuth and post information about family members. This is a serious infraction of our TOS. When posting information about the suspect be sure you have the correct person.

Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement.

i think most young people in the area know about all the quarries... they are largely abandoned in the area and used by teens for parties
lj went to elementary school near the farm where MH was found
he knew that area very well

Hey Paulap. Sorry I missed this from earlier today. Just catching up. Thank you for taking the time. Is there some place that he may have wanted to go over and over again? Not that you would know... but from what you know, if you had to take a guess. I really appreciate you getting verified. It helps to have your understanding a lot!

I've seen some of the "Exclusives" that Coy has released throughout this ordeal - they are worthless and haven't provided any groundbreaking information as far as I'm concerned. He strikes me as a sensationalist reporter who doesn't provide any info of value. The whole "timeline" was a waste as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a hoot what JM was doing before it met Hannah, it's the moments AFTER he encountered her that are of importance. Also, where was this bouncer a month ago? It seems to me like CB is looking under the proverbial rock for some one to tell a story about JM...

Respectfully, I disagree. I think Coy's timeline and the bouncer's remarks amount to a significant contribution to our understanding of JLM. JLM was WAY out of line with the women he encountered late at night, and from multiple sources, including Coy, we can put together a picture of his essentially predatory behavior. I do realize that, for reasons I don't fully understand -- Cville is a small town, after all -- there are people out there who have a vendetta against Coy, for some reason. But his reporting on JLM fits in with numerous independent reports published elsewhere, and I see no reason to discredit them.

Respectfully, I disagree. I think Coy's timeline and the bouncer's remarks amount to a significant contribution to our understanding of JLM.

Agreed. Coy Barefoot, one may be safe to assume based on the early interview posted on his site with Chief Longo; the access and credibility he has that witnesses trusted from the start and still do to speak with him; that he understands the ebb and flow of their community; that he has taken interest and put his neck on the line; and that it may be safe to assume that those witnesses who have spoken with him have also been in touch with LE; all speak volumes as to his commitment and genuine effort to help find Hannah Graham. You may be familiar with Kitty Genovese http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese
and numerous other social psych studies, that people step in most often into difficult situations when they see others doing it first. Mr. Barefoot got the ball rolling on this one.

Has anyone verified what JM's job was at MJ House? Since his wages were garnished, we know he worked there. Just wondering if there has been any explanation as to WHAT his job title was. TIA! Been searching forever.

Has anyone verified what JM's job was at MJ House? Since his wages were garnished, we know he worked there. Just wondering if there has been any explanation as to WHAT his job title was. TIA! Been searching forever.

Tried finding an press report that mentions it without luck, but the following item is on the timeline.

if you look at post #10 here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-MAPS-amp-TIMELINES-**NO-DISCUSSION**

6/23/09 – Warrant in Debt – Martha Jefferson Hospital

Tried finding an press report that mentions it without luck, but the following item is on the timeline.

if you look at post #10 here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-MAPS-amp-TIMELINES-**NO-DISCUSSION**

6/23/09 – Warrant in Debt – Martha Jefferson Hospital

There's a difference between Martha Jefferson House and Martha Jefferson Hospital. This is a warrant in debt filed by Martha Jefferson Hospital for money he owed them (presumably medical bills). This (or others, UVA filed some too) was later garnished from the wages he earned from Martha Jefferson House.

www.marthajefferson.org - Hospital
www.marthajeffersonhouse.org - Non-profit retirement community where JM was employed

Hannah's movements have been examined from that night and I know that there's a JM timeline too-- but what do we think he was doing walking along the mall at exactly the same time she was? Was it a direct route between bars? If so, why would he have left an open tab at Tempo? He must have planned to return, but why go walk on the mall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr