JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article says that JM lived alone. What about the roommates that moved out? Even if they weren't listed on the lease, there have been reports that he had roommates! THIS is exactly why the press is so frustrating. A basic search would have told the reporter that JM had roommates that moved out shortly after JM's car and the apartment were searched.

"Jesse Matthew Jr. lived by himself 3 miles from Charlottesville's historic downtown in a red-brick complex of garden apartments built in the late 1960s. His two-bedroom first-floor bachelor pad, which has been closed to the media until USA TODAY visited, was dominated by a large-screen TV that was frequently tuned to football games, and decorated with inspirational messages."

I noticed and wondered about that, too. Maybe, an example of substandard reporting? Also, it says Morgan was found buried in a hayfield, which I think from all we've read over the years, she was not buried.

What stands out for me is that LJ was a follower, not a leader. If you gave him something to do (a play in football, for instance), he would do it...but he wouldn't be the one to come up with that play on his own. He needed someone else to help him find direction in his life, whether that was a coach or a friend, and he would be absolutely devoted to that person. While there's no evidence to suggest otherwise right now, I would not be surprised if there's more than one individual involved here (caveating that with: that is absolutely JMO).

Welcome Spicer2000. It has been discussed here previously about kids in high school wearing "I love LJ" shirts. Do you remember that and what the deal was with that?

Also, your comment above, that there's more than one individual involved here. Do you think JM is doing this at the behest of someone else? Please explain.

Thank you and I apologize if this has been asked.

Originally posted by jbowman55
The USA Today article also says that his job at Martha Jefferson House was as a nursing-home aide. Seems that I've seen some discussion earlier in this thread where folks were trying to find out what his job there was.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/16/graham-mystery-murder-charlottesville/17216765/

<sniped from article linked above & BBM>

On Sept. 13, Matthew moved quickly. He caught up to Graham and went with her to an upscale restaurant and bar a block off the pedestrian mall.

"He seemed to be excited," said Brice Cunningham, owner of Tempo, where Matthew went twice that night.

Experts who have studied the security footage say it shows a pro at work.

"He has the ability to identify a potential victim &#8212; somebody who is young, out by themselves late at night and may be under the influence," said former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt. "This guy has been around."

"It's the nice-guy side of Jesse," his landlord Frances Lee-Vandell said in a nod to Matthew's mild temperament punctuated by outbursts.

maybe the original article about roommates is wrong.

Did he share with his GF? Then his rent would be less.

I wonder where he lived with his $150 a week wages?

thats what he made after the cab owner took his share for the cab payment

he listed no assets.

When I applied for loans, a house and car are assets. They ask the worth and how much do you owe.

He lied?

...The article says that JM lived alone. What about the roommates that moved out? Even if they weren't listed on the lease, there have been reports that he had roommates! THIS is exactly why the press is so frustrating. A basic search would have told the reporter that JM had roommates that moved out shortly after JM's car and the apartment were searched. ...

"Jesse Matthew Jr. lived by himself 3 miles from Charlottesville's historic downtown in a red-brick complex of garden apartments built in the late 1960s. His two-bedroom first-floor bachelor pad, which has been closed to the media until USA TODAY visited, was dominated by a large-screen TV that was frequently tuned to football games, and decorated with inspirational messages."

I noticed and wondered about that, too. Maybe, an example of substandard reporting? Also, it says Morgan was found buried in a hayfield, which I think from all we've read over the years, she was not buried.

I agree with probably lazy/inaccurate reporting. I do find the new details and nuggets, i.e. FBI profiler observations, HG's "I'm OK. I'm just walking" quote to bouncer at McGrady's, Rapture owner's quote about JM, JM's apartment furnishings, etc, very helpful, and can take the lazy stuff with the salt it deserves.

out west
california

Hey, nice to see you here. Everyday, I admire you more. You've been good, discrete, respectful and kind throughout. Please know that helps a lot to know brave people like you act on their good intentions. You keep giving me hope.

he listed no assets.

When I applied for loans, a house and car are assets. They ask the worth and how much do you owe.

He lied?

That income/asset information is from 2009 - derived from court documents - likely when when the garnishments were entered against him

i also am going to add that his best friends had married and moved on... and away from charlottesville
he visited them occasionally but it was never the same... when he went to visit, they were with their new significant others

invaluable info. world of thanks

Did a quick search and all I can find is that DNA evidence definitely links MH to the 2005 rape case (so, same perp there), but the connection between HG/JM and MH is a "forensic link." Media is reporting that it's DNA, but LE hasn't confirmed that. Anyway, I think this post is off topic, so I can go find the other thread and post there...don't want to get yelled at!

<modsnip>

Oh, regarding this post, the abduction charge, what is reported in the press as "voluminous evidence" from his car for that charge with placing sweet young intelligent missing Hannah Graham in it, may be pretty solid. Spicer2000, who do you think would know the most about where he may have taken her, if you had to guess? Could you be more clear if you're here to help or to defend him? I can't really tell. And if you're trying to cast doubt on some other person who may have led him to raping and murdering women, then you may have a person in mind. Who would that be?

Did the alleged girlfriend that you say wants to be left alone, does she suspect him of being capable of this? Was she abused by him? Is that why they broke up? Was she, as a tad derogatorily described in press a "live-in" for 4 1/2 years as mentioned? Until you're verified, what you say won't be credible, granted, but still these are things that are important to know about the suspect.

I hope if she exists, I hope she chooses to share the information through you at least. Thanks again. This is a difficult situation for all. If you're for real then especially for people like you, but realize this is a victim friendly forum, and you will wear out out patience with evasion and defensive tactics. The truth usually speaks for itself. If you feel like you're being attacked by others (not I, who appreciates your input and am trying to put it in context), it is for that reason. As others' say it is the wrong thing to do.

maybe the original article about roommates is wrong.

Did he share with his GF? Then his rent would be less.

I wonder where he lived with his $150 a week wages?

I am more apt to put credence in local reporting than I am national outlets when it comes to "insider info."
http://thecontextofthings.com/2014/09/22/jesse-matthew-hannah-graham/

Also, there have been numerous reports that Matthew had roommates, so it's not like it was reported once, obscurely.

About JM's finances.... It would not be unusual for someone to neglect to report cash income. JMO, of course.

Hey, welcome back. How's the verification going?

Oh, regarding this post, the abduction charge, what is reported in the press as "voluminous evidence" from his car for that charge with placing sweet young intelligent missing Hannah Graham in it, may be pretty solid. Spicer2000, who do you think would know the most about where he may have taken her, if you had to guess?
Could you be more clear if you're here to help or to defend him? I can't really tell.

IMO a verified insider is one who brings information to the board that we may not have access to otherwise.
Without VI's its just rumor
It is possible for someone who knows him to defend certain things about him while still trying to help find hannah. All my opinion

The car is obviously a key in all of this. something in that car made a great impression on LE

$150/ week! Woah! How could he buy a cab with that?

And no assets listed. Hm

Hasn't someone mentioned that he was known for dealing drugs? I can't find the quote and don't want to start something unfounded, but it would certainly supplement an income and provide access to college kids.

I am more apt to put credence in local reporting than I am national outlets when it comes to "insider info."
http://thecontextofthings.com/2014/09/22/jesse-matthew-hannah-graham/

Also, there have been numerous reports that Matthew had roommates, so it's not like it was reported once, obscurely.[

I agree with issues, but if you think back about the killing at Sandy Hook and Boston bombing, the early reports were wrong.

But then again, maybe the roommate issue needs to be quiet right now for a number of issues.

unfortunately, there is no money for reporting so many news places just copy something from a central service.'

Hence, the same info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member