JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that this means anything, but I though this was interesting. Someone called the FBI tip line to say that they had seen the Fairfax "sketch" on the campus of Washington and Lee University around two weeks prior to the HG disappearance. The person did not call in the tip right away but rather waited two weeks until the 15th or 16th. Students were advised to take extra care, but no follow up. No one ever came forward to say that after the fact it was surely JM.

Guess it has been dismissed as baseless by police but it seems given the intense media scrutiny this would have been followed up on and reported? If it is a dead ringer seems it would be huge news to have some one who used that sketch to make a positive ID of JM give how many think that he looks just like the drawing.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lex...of-suspect-in-morgan-harrington-case/28095082

Yes this is strange isn't it. 5 years go by and no report of anyone ever seeing the sketch guy. But 2 days after HG goes missing there is a report in MSM of somebody seeing him 2 weeks before. I do think the sketch resembles JM but not enough(with his relatively recent change of appearance) for someone unknown to him to report it.
I think someone close to him knew what he was up to and knew he was out on the prowl and knew he must have been responsible for the new missing girl(HG)
When MH was found LE said there is someone out there that has information. HG's parents said the same thing in one of their media statements, as did chief Longo I believe. I think they are looking for someone else.

Yes this is strange isn't it. 5 years go by and no report of anyone ever seeing the sketch guy. But 2 days after HG goes missing there is a report in MSM of somebody seeing him 2 weeks before. I do think the sketch resembles JM but not enough(with his relatively recent change of appearance) for someone unknown to him to report it.
I think someone close to him knew what he was up to and knew he was out on the prowl and knew he must have been responsible for the new missing girl(HG)
When MH was found LE said there is someone out there that has information. HG's parents said the same thing in one of there media statements, as did chief Longo I believe. I think they are looking for someone else.

I think that is a really interesting theory. I kept going back to that alleged sighting and couldn't get the coincidence out of my mind but did not come up with this as a possible explanation. So, now I am wondering if you are right, was he actually prowling at W&L so the person in the know called it in that way? Or did they think he was prowling Charlottesville but chose to call in Lexington and if so, why pick that location? What do you think?

I don't think JLM is the prolific serial killer envisioned by a number of posters here -- a cunning murderer who routinely used a "dumping ground" for multiple victims, near where Hannah Graham's alleged remains were found. Everything we know about him suggests he is a creature of habit who sticks to the areas most familiar to him, in and around Charlottesville. I don't see him marauding around Virginia and nearby states collecting victims and dumping them just south of Charlottesville. On the contrary, I think Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham (and as a remote possibility, Alexis Murphy) are his only murder victims.

If JLM wanted to remain undetected (which I think he did), why would he regularly kill women and thereby risk being exposed? This is a small town and it surely would have drawn major attention if more women went missing. I live here, and we would certainly have noticed if more women besides Morgan and Alexis had disappeared. Thank God that he has been arrested and we don't have to worry about him prowling the streets anymore.

I think someone could easily lose that much weight that quickly if it was because they were stressed and running from the law, trying to avoid being caught for murder. I know when I lose weight, the first place it drops is from my face.

Also, the bigger face picture looks a little puffy. Could drugs do that, temporarily?

Some medications cause fast weight gain or loss from fluid retention, especially blood pressure meds. If JM had high blood pressure (lots of african American males do) he probably wouldnt be too concerned missing a dose or two last few weeks. IMO being on the run and not eating, drinking or sleeping enough would make anyone look puffy. He doesn't look very healthy in his TX mugshot.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Everything we know about him suggests he is a creature of habit who sticks to the areas most familiar to him, in and around Charlottesville. I don't see him marauding around Virginia.....On the contrary, I think Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham (and as a remote possibility, Alexis Murphy) are his only murder victims.

If JLM wanted to remain undetected (which I think he did), why would he regularly kill women and thereby risk being exposed? This is a small town and it surely would have drawn major attention if more women went missing.

For starters, Fairfax? Liberty U.? He likely thought he killed the Faifax girl.

Not that these are all him but just to add some color (or another take)to what you are saying:

Women missing in VA near UVA / Virginia Tech / Anchorage Farms / Corridor 29 (not necessarily Charlottesville but there just is not a lot of population that whole western side of Virginia):

2000: 23-year old Hope Curry
2002: 20-year old La-Teasha LaMone Brooks
2002: 33-year old Sharon Jones
2003: 19-year old Julie Marie Fraser
2003: 24-year old Autumn Wind Day
2003: 39- year old Sophia May Rivera
2005: 31-year old Vestora Leatrise Spriggs
2005: 34-year old Kathleen Hulderman
2007: 16-year old Ivonne Biviano
2007: 36-year old Sereda McGlothin
2008: 29-year old Gracie MacCord
2009: 17- year old Latonia Smith
2009: 18 and 19-year old Heidi Childs & David Metzler
2009: 23-year old Cassandra Morton (body found one week prior to Morgan Harrington)
2009: 20-year-old Morgan Harrington
2010: 19-year-old Samantha Clarke

2010: 20-year old Arianna Davis
2011: 20-year-old Lauren Smith
2012: 19-year-old Dashad Sage

2012: 22-year-old Heather Hodges

2013: 17-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 18-year-old Jamisha Gilbert

2013: 21-year-old Bethany Decker

2014: 18-year-old Hannah Graham

I don't think JLM is the prolific serial killer envisioned by a number of posters here -- a cunning murderer who routinely used a "dumping ground" for multiple victims, near where Hannah Graham's alleged remains were found. Everything we know about him suggests he is a creature of habit who sticks to the areas most familiar to him, in and around Charlottesville. I don't see him marauding around Virginia and nearby states collecting victims and dumping them just south of Charlottesville. On the contrary, I think Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham (and as a remote possibility, Alexis Murphy) are his only murder victims.

If JLM wanted to remain undetected (which I think he did), why would he regularly kill women and thereby risk being exposed? This is a small town and it surely would have drawn major attention if more women went missing. I live here, and we would certainly have noticed if more women besides Morgan and Alexis had disappeared. Thank God that he has been arrested and we don't have to worry about him prowling the streets anymore.

I agree with you but I would add Cassandra Morton to the list as a strong possibility and perhaps Jamisha Gilbert and Sophie Rivera. I think he might have had more than one comfort zone but I totally agree that he isn't bringing people back to Charlottesville. As you said, I think Alexis Murphy is remote---that would shock me.

Hi shmoo! I live here, too, so I'd like to ask/say two or three things.

First, there are others missing besides Morgan and Hannah and Alexis. There's Sage and Samantha and Bonnie and now this newly posted one tonight who has been missing since July that no one's noticed until today. (There was some discussion earlier on, though, about the ones on that site - Missing Kids, I think - without pictures are often runaways and the families have some idea where they are, which I haven't seen brought up in regards to her yet.)

Secondly, if he's a creature of habit, sticking to areas most familiar to him, why/how did he rape and try to murder the woman in Fairfax? Was he living there at the time? Was he attending school there? How did he come to be there?

If he wanted to remain undetected, how do you explain the MH shirt making an appearance within months of her disappearance, before her body had even been found? Why would he stick around Charlottesville and not move once he knew there was a DNA connection between Fairfax and Morgan (and therefore, we know now, him)?

I don't want to blow your theory apart (well, maybe I do a little bit, just because I'm hopeful many families can now have closure and we can be safe from future abducted women), but I'd like your thoughts on those.

For starters, Fairfax? Liberty U.? He likely thought he killed the Faifax girl.

Not that these are all him but just to add some color (or another take)to what you are saying:

Women missing in VA near UVA / Virginia Tech / Anchorage Farms / Corridor 29 (not necessarily Charlottesville but there just is not a lot of population that whole western side of Virginia):

2000: 23-year old Hope Curry
2002: 20-year old La-Teasha LaMone Brooks
2002: 33-year old Sharon Jones
2003: 19-year old Julie Marie Fraser
2003: 24-year old Autumn Wind Day
2003: 39- year old Sophia May Rivera
2005: 31-year old Vestora Leatrise Spriggs
2005: 34-year old Kathleen Hulderman
2007: 16-year old Ivonne Biviano
2007: 36-year old Sereda McGlothin
2008: 29-year old Gracie MacCord
2009: 17- year old Latonia Smith
2009: 18 and 19-year old Heidi Childs & David Metzler
2009: 23-year old Cassandra Morton (body found one week prior to Morgan Harrington)
2009: 20-year-old Morgan Harrington
2010: 19-year-old Samantha Clarke

2010: 20-year old Arianna Davis
2011: 20-year-old Lauren Smith
2012: 19-year-old Dashad Sage

2012: 22-year-old Heather Hodges

2013: 17-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 18-year-old Jamisha Gilbert

2013: 21-year-old Bethany Decker

2014: 18-year-old Hannah Graham

There's a similar conversation going in on "Other Possible Victims." It'd be nice if these were put together. Can we take this over there?

I know! He was so out in the community and came in contact with so many people it just seems like one person would've made a call to LE. If only to say something like I work with this really nice, big teddy bear guy or my sons coach is a great coach and wonderful with the kids BUT he looks a lot like the sketch put out by LE. I wonder why no one made a call? Was he really that nice no one could even imagine him having a dark side? Also, I would think a college friend or professor who knew about the sexual assaults would have made a connection after seeing this sketch. Or after a tip in MH case she may have gotten in a cab surely one if his coworkers would've had a red flag alarming!

One more thing that just dawned on me...during all of his traffic stops and possible traffic court appearances NO one in LE recognized him either!!!!!!! How can that be? He sure has a very long list of traffic stops. I feel sick about how many times he could have been noticed...wonder what went thru JMs mind every time police officer pulled him over?

One more thing that just dawned on me...during all of his traffic stops and possible traffic court appearances NO one in LE recognized him either!!!!!!! How can that be? He sure has a very long list of traffic stops. I feel sick about how many times he could have been noticed...wonder what went thru JMs mind every time police officer pulled him over?

"I got 'dis." Each and every time. More and more confidence.

Then he gets his assault charges ON an attorney dropped BY an attorney? Wow. Ego BOOST.

Excellent point, scmom.

PS - I bet the reason he drove said attorney to the hospital was so LE wasn't called to the scene....

JM had recently broke up with a live in girlfriend of 4 years. Perhaps she found something or he told her something and she is the one who called in the sketch sighting. Perhaps that is why they broke up?

Updated with locations - Women missing in VA near UVA / Virginia Tech / Anchorage Farms / Corridor 29. I have validated all of the ages/names on google and the missing persons database. Hope this helps. Many of these girls disappeared during the "back to school, fall football season. Corridor 29 seems to also be a common factor. Where was JLM? Is there any correlation? Football/ Taxi driver? It would be interesting if anyone wants to further my research.

2000: 23-year old Hope Curry - Virginia Beach VA
2002: 20-year old La-Teasha LaMone Brooks - Farmville VA
2002: 33-year old Sharon Jones - Norfolk VA
2003: 19-year old Julie Marie Fraser - Norfolk VA
2003: 24-year old Autumn Wind Day - UVA Campus VA
2003: 39- year old Sophia May Rivera - Newport News VA
2005: 31-year old Vestora Leatrise Spriggs - Norfolk VA
2005: 34-year old Kathleen Hulderman - Chesapeake City, Virginia
2005: 26-year old assaulted - Fairfax County VA - 10/20/2104 JLM charged with attempted Capital Murder, Sexual Assault, Sexual Penetration with a foreign object (premeditated) FORENSIC LINKS TO MH
2007: 16-year old Ivonne Biviano - LaCrosse VA
2007: 36-year old Sereda McGlothin- Carrole County VA
2008: 29-year old Gracie MacCord - Spotsylvania County VA
2009: 17- year old Latonia Smith - Portsmouth VA
2009: 18 and 19-year old Heidi Childs & David Metzler - Lynchburg VA
2009: 23-year old Cassandra Morton - Lynchburg VA (body found one week prior to Morgan Harrington)
2009: 20-year-old Morgan Harrington - Charlottesville VA (google suspect photo) (body found)
(shirt found @ corner of 15th St & Grady Ave outside apt building) FORENSIC LINK TO 2005 CASE ABOVE.
2010: 19-year-old Samantha Clarke - Orange County VA
2010: 20-year old Arianna Davis - 20-year-old Henrico County - was last seen in the are of Masonic Lane
2011: 20-year-old Lauren Smith - Madison County VA
2012: 19-year-old Dashad Sage - Charlottesville VA
2012: 22-year-old Heather Hodge - Rock Mount VA
2013: 18-year-old Jamisha Gilbert - Lynchburg VA
2013: 18-year-old Alexis Murphy - Lynchburg VA
2013: 21-year-old Bethany Decker - Ashburn VA
2014: 17-year old Cindy Bonilla - Albemarle VA
2014: 18-year-old Hannah Graham (google suspect photo) - Charlottesville VA UVA

2005: 26-year old assaulted - Fairfax County VA - 10/20/2104 JLM charged with attempted Capital Murder, Sexual Assault, Sexual Penetration with a foreign object (premeditated) FORENSIC LINKS TO MH

I'm not here to split hairs, but I think precision is important in these cases. That particular crime occurred in Fairfax City, not Fairfax County.

I wasn't clear on this for a while either, but once I figured out exactly where the crime occurred, I knew it was in the City of Fairfax, because my ex used to live in that same apartment/townhouse complex.

Things on my mind... Mostly from reading up thread...

1. Maybe someone that knows JM stumbled across HM's shirt and placed it to be found?
2. Maybe this same person called in the "sighting" after HG went missing?
3. Maybe JM gets lots of traffic tickets because LE pulls him over as often as possible?
4. Maybe criminals do have an "alien handshake"?
5. Maybe I should go to bed?

I think that is a really interesting theory. I kept going back to that alleged sighting and couldn't get the coincidence out of my mind but did not come up with this as a possible explanation. So, now I am wondering if you are right, was he actually prowling at W&L so the person in the know called it in that way? Or did they think he was prowling Charlottesville but chose to call in Lexington and if so, why pick that location? What do you think?
I think that at the time of that report nobody was talking about any connection(officially anyway, there may have been wild speculation on here and other like sites) to MH or the sketch guy. So somebody wanted to bring it up and this is how they did it. Why W & L ? I really don't know... I just think there is so much more to this case, I think others are involved and I think there is a decent chance JM played a roll in AM's murder.

I just remember what Gil Harrington has said for the past 5 years: "this is a homegrown predator. He is living in this community; someone is serving him coffee everyday". She made many comments such as this, and she was so spot on!

I feel very satisfied that he's been indicted for the Fairfax assault. It appears that he will be tried for this crime much sooner than the MH and HG murders (for which I have no doubt he will eventually be indicted). Should he be convicted of the Fairfax assault, it will be a HUGE aggravating factor for the death penalty.

JM had recently broke up with a live in girlfriend of 4 years. Perhaps she found something or he told her something and she is the one who called in the sketch sighting. Perhaps that is why they broke up?

I've been wondering if it was perhaps the "girlfriend" who put the shirt on the bush? IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89