JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Above BBM^

I have been considering a theory on this missing time frame and other missing/murdered women in a case here at WS. Has anyone heard exactly where in NY JM spent time?
Thanks much!

Interestingly enough I was snooping his Facebook and noticed that he had a few friends, who's surnames and appearance would indicate perhaps and ethnic similarity to what we know of his Fairfax victim (ie speaking Urdu). And it just so happens that some of these same friends at some point were students at GWU. It just makes me wonder if maybe that Fairfax victim wasn't as random as we first thought...is it possible they could have crossed path within circles of friends? Or it could just be a coincidence.

Also it might indicate...that maybe he could have been familiar with that complex or even been staying with friends there.

Also what makes me think this might be plausible is the fact that in an article I read indicated she thought she was knocking on the door of people she knew...and when they were alerted they started speaking Urdru. Its an indication to me that she might have moved in social groups at least in part within her culture. So if he has friends that do indeed share an ethnicity and could have conceivabley lived in Fairfax after college, its possible they may have ended up at some point at the same social gatherings.

We also know that Jesse Matthew made the mistake of being a Virginian, picking two women with connections to international government community (Graham) and medical/mental health academia (Harrington).

Virginia is also the home of the FBI, the Academy Group of retired FBI Instructors and other stellar members of Investigative and Criminal Research.

He's got the best minds in American Law Enforcement and Criminology on his tail. They will have him nailed and good.

Big mistake.

But we know he had a hunting area in Newport News, Lynchburg, and Fairfax. Why not farther?

Yes but both Newport News and Lynchburg, (at least known cases), were still within the confines of a smaller environment....ie college campus bubble. Lynchburg is about an hour from Cville, but less from Nelson County, NN is 2 hours east, and Fairfax 2 hours north...ALL still in VA.

I think a 2 hr radius is still a pretty small net...and sort of a definitive safety net for him.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to learn he worked even further away, but so far I haven't seen anything to me that would strongly support it either. It seems to me he got caught everytime he worked outside Cville...both times in college it ended his relationship with the university....when he tried it in Fairfax he got interrupted....I think Cville was safer...he had places where he wouldn't be interrupted, he could hide in plain sight. And as far as he was considered when he was in his safety net he could "get away with it". He had more resources at his disposal, including his own knowledge of the area.

I think if you had an area where you were familiar and were "getting away with it" ... vs having been caught or nearly caught when he traveled too far from his familiar....he'd put two and two together....and he wouldn't bother with the traveling and committing crimes in far locales.

Interestingly enough I was snooping his Facebook and noticed that he had a few friends, who's surnames and appearance would indicate perhaps and ethnic similarity to what we know of his Fairfax victim (ie speaking Urdu). And it just so happens that some of these same friends at some point were students at GWU. It just makes me wonder if maybe that Fairfax victim wasn't as random as we first thought...is it possible they could have crossed path within circles of friends? Or it could just be a coincidence.

Also it might indicate...that maybe he could have been familiar with that complex or even been staying with friends there.

Also what makes me think this might be plausible is the fact that in an article I read indicated she thought she was knocking on the door of people she knew...and when they were alerted they started speaking Urdru. Its an indication to me that she might have moved in social groups at least in part within her culture. So if he has friends that do indeed share an ethnicity and could have conceivabley lived in Fairfax after college, its possible they may have ended up at some point at the same social gatherings.

As much as I appreciate the various tangents your hard thinking has taken you, it seems from the victims he has been associated with through the upcoming trail in Fairfax, of which you're thinking about, in addition the manner in which Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham may have been murdered by him, all bespeak victims of opportunity, without previous associations. The college rapes he got away with, so no public airing there. If women he knew previously would have gone missing wouldn't that have been a risk that he may not have wanted to take, especially as some close to him may have known of the college rapes, and as his friends and colleagues reported his likeness to the perp sketch? He seems to have needed and depended on family and church to rebuild his life after getting kicked out of college. So if nothing else, to keep the closest people to him from going from disappointment, if that may have been part of their reaction to the course of his adult life, to real doubt about him, he may have been motivated in some way for some time to be a predator farther from home.

I respect your concern and appreciate your interest very much, as I try to discern the mitigations you propose.

As much as I appreciate the various tangents your hard thinking has taken you, it seems from the victims he has been associated with through the upcoming trail in Fairfax, of which you're thinking about, in addition the manner in which Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham may have been murdered by him, all bespeak victims of opportunity, without previous associations. The college rapes he got away with, so no public airing there. If women he knew previously would have gone missing wouldn't that have been a risk that he may not have wanted to take, especially as some close to him may have known of the college rapes, and as his friends and colleagues reported his likeness to the perp sketch? He seems to have needed and depended on family and church to rebuild his life after getting kicked out of college. So if nothing else, to keep the closest people to him from going from disappointment, if that may have been part of their reaction to the course of his adult life, to real doubt about him, he may have been motivated in some way for some time to be a predator farther from home.

I respect your concern and appreciate your interest very much, as I try to discern the mitigations you propose.

If we're going to talk about his "urges" or "impulse," too, I think we have no choice but to consider a wide net - however wide he made it with his travels.

We know his taxi job could have taken him all around Virginia including NOVA/DC and perhaps even beyond. If you look at the current Yellow Cab website (for Charlottesville), you will see the "common" runs for which they have flat rates posted on the website. http://www.cvilletaxi.com/fleet-rates/

We know, too, he traveled - we just don't yet know when and to where.

We also know he's noticeably "missing" from the Charlottesville and even Virginia area from the time he left CNU in the fall of 2003 until he got his taxi job some time in 2005 or 2007, save a few traffic tickets here and there which could well have been when he was home/on the way home visiting.

We need to clarify, first, when he actually got his taxi license and hired by a taxi company.

I hear what you're saying, and I do agree that he is primarily a victim of opportunity....particularly as he progressed....but that Fairfax victim was early....and while I'm not suggested she knew him...I'm suggesting perhaps he had seen her before, and took an opportunity when it presented. Maybe he saw her go into the grocery store, and new where she lived and where she would walk home....and knowing it was late and dark he could hide...so perhaps he picked a spot he knew she would walk by, but he could pull her back and be partly concealed. I'm not talking a ton of planning here. Or that she would have even known he'd noticed her previously.

I certainly do not think he'd target girls he knows.

But I do wonder about the rapes at colleges....because there is a high likelihood that in those cases he would have known his victims, and we do not know much about the circumstances surrounding them. But again it would have been early...so I can see his MO changing overtime, from both the college incidents and the Fairfax charge.

Also, perhaps she had noticed him before...and when he did rape her, it wasn't the first time she had seen his face (even if she wasn't sure from where or when), and perhaps that contributed to the incredibly good job she did at aiding the sketch artist in that remarkable resemblance.

If we're going to talk about his "urges" or "impulse," too, I think we have no choice but to consider a wide net - however wide he made it with his travels.

We know his taxi job could have taken him all around Virginia including NOVA/DC and perhaps even beyond. If you look at the current Yellow Cab website (for Charlottesville), you will see the "common" runs for which they have flat rates posted on the website. http://www.cvilletaxi.com/fleet-rates/

We know, too, he traveled - we just don't yet know when and to where.

We also know he's noticeably "missing" from the Charlottesville and even Virginia area from the time he left CNU in the fall of 2003 until he got his taxi job some time in 2005 or 2007, save a few traffic tickets here and there which could well have been when he was home/on the way home visiting.

We need to clarify, first, when he actually got his taxi license and hired by a taxi company.

2005 Obtains taxi permit per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue

2006 Holds taxi permit per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue

2007 Receives taxi permit

2008 Holds taxi permit

2009 Holds taxi permit

2010 Holds taxi permit

8/2/10 JLM asks for Taxi permit to be deactivated

Hope this helps, if I get what you're asking.

From timeline: Post #14
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-MAPS-amp-TIMELINES-**NO-DISCUSSION**

2005 Obtains taxi permit per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue

2006 Holds taxi permit per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue

2007 Receives taxi permit

2008 Holds taxi permit

2009 Holds taxi permit

2010 Holds taxi permit

8/2/10 JLM asks for Taxi permit to be deactivated

Hope this helps, if I get what you're asking.

From timeline: Post #14
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-MAPS-amp-TIMELINES-**NO-DISCUSSION**

Thanks, Find HG.

However, there's discrepancy between sources as to whether he obtained his taxi license in 2005 (per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue) or 2007 (per DMV) - at least according to MSM sources.

I wonder why that is, too....

Thanks, Find HG.

However, there's discrepancy between sources as to whether he obtained his taxi license in 2005 (per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue) or 2007 (per DMV) - at least according to MSM sources.

I wonder why that is, too....

That's interesting, hadn't keyed into that until you mentioned it. What's really note-worthy is that when he asked to have it de-activated was four months after Morgan Harrington shirt was found.

That's interesting, hadn't keyed into that until you mentioned it. What's really note-worthy is that when he asked to have it de-activated was four months after Morgan Harrington shirt was found.

And one month and one day after LE announces a forensic connection between MH and Fairfax.

And one month and one day after LE announces a forensic connection between MH and Fairfax.

And I'm guessing, though I know this point was researched, that he then bought the taxi and put it in storage.

“I wish I’d seen her that morning,” Al told me, shaking his head in disappointment. “It would have meant finding her sooner. It would have meant less days her family would have suffered. I really wish I’d seen her then.”

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-looking-for-hannah/

This quote is from Coy Barefoot's (a God send of man, I think, able to have the trust of his community) report about the other gentleman who called in a tip. He too wishes like the other man he'd have acted differently. I sincerely think both these men did the brave right thing and they have nothing to feel bad about. Things moved ahead as best they could with so many people searching in the woods for over a month with such commitment. Any situation has couldas, wouldas and shouldas in it, but that these two gentlemen did what they did was great, the way I see it. My hope is that people who knew the perp better are going through that process of wanting to share more information about him. It will take them being brave and righteous to bring relief to more families and ultimately justice, I hope.

Has the Fairfax victim identified JM as her attacker? Excuse me if this has been answered before, but I have not read all the threads!

Has the Fairfax victim identified JM as her attacker? Excuse me if this has been answered before, but I have not read all the threads!

That really good perp sketch that so many thought looked like him is from the Fairfax victim's description. It seems like she is willing to testify in court from what has been said about the case so far which has been said is a strong case with nine years of evidence collection behind it. I guess we'll have to wait until trail begins on Friday and what ensues for a specific answer.

I don't think we have a thread for this now, but Coy is reporting the 2nd tipster for the vulture sighting is identified:
http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-looking-for-hannah/

Thanx for sharing, ksj3.... Mr Al Quist and Mr Bobby Pugh, did all they could do. They reported their significant tips, as well as their concern, and Mr Quist; a man who had seen it all as a 20-year veteran Navy SEAL who survived two grueling tours in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam. A man who has “seen it all,”[/B]even offered to meet officials and assist in a search of the vacant property on Oct 6/2014.

In virtually every case that I have followed, I hear the statement; "Leave it to the professionals".. If Mr Quist or Mr Pugh's tips had been followed up on in a timely manner. Due to the virtual two week lapse before HG's remains were located. It would be logical to conclude that critical forensic evidence was lost, imo..
An aware citizenry is a very valuable investigative resource when utilized....

Many folks will say hindsight. I say Deja vu.. The uneasy feeling that Mr Quist instinctively felt as he stood in the darkness of the woods that traumatic morning was the evil aura; residue lingering in JM's wake.. jmo

<sniped from link & BBM for Focus>

But he didn&#8217;t see anything like that. An uneasy feeling came over him as he stood there alone in the woods with the silence and the buzzards. He turned around and walked out the way he&#8217;d come&#8212; back out into the sunlight, got in his car, and drove away.
It takes a lot to make a 20-year veteran Navy SEAL uneasy. A man who&#8217;d survived two grueling tours in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam. A man who by his own admission has &#8220;seen it all.&#8221;

But standing there in the woods by himself behind the empty house on Old Lynchburg Road, there was no question 73-year-old Al Quist felt nervous, edgy.
&#8220;I can&#8217;t really explain it,&#8221; he later said, recalling that day. &#8220;There was just something about it. I had to get out of there.
&#8221;

But he didn&#8217;t see anything like that. An uneasy feeling came over him as he stood there alone in the woods with the silence and the buzzards. He turned around and walked out the way he&#8217;d come&#8212; back out into the sunlight, got in his car, and drove away.
It takes a lot to make a 20-year veteran Navy SEAL uneasy. A man who&#8217;d survived two grueling tours in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam. A man who by his own admission has &#8220;seen it all.&#8221;

But standing there in the woods by himself behind the empty house on Old Lynchburg Road, there was no question 73-year-old Al Quist felt nervous, edgy.
&#8220;I can&#8217;t really explain it,&#8221; he later said, recalling that day. &#8220;There was just something about it. I had to get out of there.
&#8221;
Briefed, respectfully

Isn't it strange looking back that one man near the scene had an overwhelming sensation to leave, as described above, and another had what he thought was an overwhelming need or divine intervention as he describes it to go look and find her. The same place, only a different day and the buzzards not being there may have been different. I know there can't be reasons that anyone can figure out, but sometimes, things like this make you wonder. I wonder if anyone is focusing on where these same buzzards may roost?

If she is called on to identify JM, and she is able to do so, with his connection to the MH case and the link also to HG- he's toast!

Sorry, meant to answer FindHG's post upstream,

Bumbling newbie here!:facepalm:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrbojangles2