JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope I do not offend anyone or violate any rules by asking this question...but what do we know about JLM's father, or perhaps uncles....do we know if they have any records....particularly any records against women?

I tend to believe that having that much pent up aggression towards women one would likely have seen aggression to women in their lives? Or perhaps share some kind of genetic component that causes highly aggressive or sexually deviant behavior.

Also as a football player...who I'm only guessing based on size played defense....and we ave all heard the research on brain deterioration from repeated head injuries....and even other violent crimes in which head injuries are believed to have contributed...do we think its at all possible JLM could have brain damage from football....perhaps one that might have further snapped his sense of morality and violence?

I fully agree that different folks react differently to the same environment. There is no question that childhoods fraught with abuse and dysfunctions result more in adults that have problems, the severe kind than those with less stress, conflict, neglect. The evidence is right there in our prisons, juvenile centers and other such facilities.

Sibling studies are testament to this (heck, so is any parent!).

Separated identical twin studies are interesting, too.

Nature v. nurture is an ongoing debate that will never be solved. There are factors even beyond genetics and actual home socioeconomic/emotional factors that contribute, including peer involvement, environmental contaminants (food, chemicals, medicines). So many we could debate forever what the "cause" of JM's problems were. They were, undoubtedly, multifactorial and definitely not because of one person's actions or inactions.

Just wanted to share this over here too.....someone had brought it up n another board.....old lynchburg raid driveway....notice dirt color image.jpg

JLM car when taken.....

image.jpg

BBM. Me too. It was the weirdest thing. Even though I grew to doubt myself after starting to hear from people who knew him, that night, when they released the videos, the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I couldn't stop yammering about how it was THAT GUY, STOP LOOKING AT THE OTHER PEOPLE, THEY ARE RED HERRINGS, IT'S HIM IT'S HIM!

I even posted it. I need to stop doubting my first impressions.

--------------
09-17-2014, 11:27 PM #197 Skigirl

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl
Parker Slaybaugh @Parker8News · 19s
BREAKING: Here is the newest security video to be released in the Hannah Graham case.

Again...BREAKING: The... http://fb.me/76XZdLZ0Z

Oh boy, you can definitely see her in this one, and it looks like someone does have an arm around her. I just want to scream, 'noooooo!!!!!'

-------------------------

09-17-2014, 11:33 PM #213 Skigirl

Quote Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
I'm with you. I don't see Hannah at all. The woman in the foreground is obviously not her. I'm confused.

Look at the facebook one. Suddenly the first one makes more sense. I think the guy in the foreground with the dreads may be the one who subsequently has his arm around Hannah.

-------------------------------------

09-17-2014, 11:38 PM #226 Skigirl

Guys, Look at both videos. Ignore the two women in the first one. Focus on the guy with dreads walking left->right at the front, and then up in the upper right corner.

http://www.wric.com/global/Category....lipId=10596098

Then look at the facebook one. I think the dreadlock guy is the one that the "doorway" guy said he saw her with. Ugh, ugh ugh.

http://fb.me/76XZdLZ0Z
----------------

09-17-2014, 11:54 PM #260 Skigirl

I know I sound like a crazy person, but please indulge me.

First video: Dreadlock guy @27 seconds. White (long) shorts, grayish?/slightly darker top?

Second video: @3 seconds? White (long) shorts? Darkish hair? Grayish top? Arm around Hannah?

----------------
09-18-2014, 12:00 AM #272 Skigirl

I feel pretty sick and I hate to be a drama queen, but I am pretty sure we witnessed the moments that sealed her fate.

I remember this whole conversation. THANK YOU for sticking with your intuition and continuing to explain what your eyes saw on the video, because you (and a few of us others here) saw what LE couldn't see...yet.

Just wanted to share this over here too.....someone had brought it up n another board.....old lynchburg raid driveway....notice dirt color View attachment 62339

JLM car when taken.....

View attachment 62340

The mud in that driveway is hardly unique, and also what is on his front wheels looks more like brake dust than that mud. Happens a lot, especially in hilly areas, you burn through brakes especially if you are an aggressive driver which he is supposed to have been.

I hope I do not offend anyone or violate any rules by asking this question...but what do we know about JLM's father, or perhaps uncles....do we know if they have any records....particularly any records against women?

I tend to believe that having that much pent up aggression towards women one would likely have seen aggression to women in their lives? Or perhaps share some kind of genetic component that causes highly aggressive or sexually deviant behavior.

Also as a football player...who I'm only guessing based on size played defense....and we ave all heard the research on brain deterioration from repeated head injuries....and even other violent crimes in which head injuries are believed to have contributed...do we think its at all possible JLM could have brain damage from football....perhaps one that might have further snapped his sense of morality and violence?

Although we aren't allowed to answer your questions about his father and uncle on WS, we can research them on our own and use that information to form opinions. I agree with you that the paternal side is valuable information in understanding why he is the way he is.

On the flip side, and just my opinion, I don't put too much weight into the head injury theory. I think there is just as much of a chance that he is simply a sociopath or similar. I did gymnastics for many, many years and the number of times I landed on my head, and the number of concussions I've had is more than I can count. But, I'm a law abiding citizen who doesn't take advantage of others, to say the least. So, if there is a connection between head injury and violence, it is only with certain head injuries and certain individuals, and this lowers the chance of football injuries being a factor in his behavior.

Here is another thing that we know about him: His high school wrestling coach, in an interview of which I can't put my hands on the link, stated that he was so aggressive with opponents on the mat that, once JM had pinned his opponent, he (the coach) often had to go onto the mat to stop JM from harming the opponent. This, in my opinion, shows that he had anger/hostile tendencies at an early age and not just against women.

I think that may be attributable to low mental capacity just as easily hostility or anger. He had been rewarded on various fields for being over the top aggressive... Just like a child playing with a kitten, you have to explain to him to be gentle or he may kill it.

~ snipped from original. ~

No, it's not just you.

I've resisted saying this, because it sounds so silly/foolish/false, but here goes:

I'm not at all a believer in psychic vibrations or any of that nonsense -- but three times in my life I've had a hairs-standing-on-end automatic reaction to just the sight of someone.

The first was when I was in college and answered a newspaper ad for a photographer's assistant. The photographer viscerally freaked me out, so much, during the job interview --- his manner, his appearance, his weird sexual innuendo -- that I was afraid for my life. I played it calm, and left, running down the stairs. He started called me incessantly, at all hours of the day and night, until my parents got a lawyer to threaten him. A few years after that, he was on the cover of the NY Post, splashed all over the news as a serial rapist; he'd been murdered by one of the victims' boyfriends. So, my instincts were totally spot-on.

The third time? When I saw the videotape from the Downtown Mall, when JLM walked into the frame. I'm not at all generally a person who follows crimes or does sleuthing, but this . . . . .It was something visceral. It was way back at the start, before LE had identified the dreadlocks dude as a person of interest. . . . I saw him and felt that bad feeling and thought, "OH MY GOD, it's HIM! UGH, HORRORS, YUCK, it's HIM!"

(While on this topic, by the way: I strongly believe that even then, when they were claiming to just be drawing the public's attention to white guy, they actually had their eyes on JLM. Why start the video before JLM's entrance into the frame??? Anyone else notice that? That first video begins quite a few seconds before either WG or HG enter the frame, and I think LE did that intentionally.)

PS: No, I wasn't just having a racist reaction to a black man in dreads. (I'm from a multi-racial family.) It was something else, something visceral, about his movements and the way he presented himself.

After reading what you wrote I am thinking you should reconsider your beliefs about "psychic vibrations". Learn to tap into that intuition you have.

I think that may be attributable to low mental capacity just as easily hostility or anger. He had been rewarded on various fields for being over the top aggressive... Just like a child playing with a kitten, you have to explain to him to be gentle or he may kill it.

Maybe he has such a hard time being "gentle" all the time, because he is always "holding back" and he's not even aware of how strong he is, so sometimes he just lets loose? How horrid.

Perhaps it is just me, but I find the discussion as to what JLM's motivations might be in his assault and murder of young women to be a non-issue, and frankly a bit offensive. It is almost like we are trying to make excuses or find some reasoning behind his predatory behavior. Who knows if his first girlfriend rejected him, or his dreams of becoming a star Football player was squashed due too rape allegations, or he was dropped on his head as a baby........he is a cold blooded killer. All the reasons in the world for that behavior are not going to change the fact he has taken lives that were not his to take.

IF he is proven guilty of these crimes and perhaps more than so be it ---life sucks , we all have things to overcome, it doesn't lead us to become murderers. That only happens when a mind is deeply perverted and disturbed to begin with. He is not a Teddy Bear, he is a shrewd operator who knows how to play people for his own gratification. Personally how anyone would step into his path let alone into his car is BEYOND me....and he knows that. That is why he preys on the those weakened by substance abuse.

I dare say Morgan Harrington and Hanah Grahm would have NEVER allowed this guy near them if they were not made vulnerable by their situation and mental confusion.
Life's disappointments don't make serial killers--mental defects make them poison.
JMOO__so please do not think I am trying to shut down this discussion....I just think we willNEVER know why people become Monsters.

EVIL has a life of it's own and it lives among us!

BBM. Me too. It was the weirdest thing. Even though I grew to doubt myself after starting to hear from people who knew him, that night, when they released the videos, the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I couldn't stop yammering about how it was THAT GUY, STOP LOOKING AT THE OTHER PEOPLE, THEY ARE RED HERRINGS, IT'S HIM IT'S HIM!

I even posted it. I need to stop doubting my first impressions.

--------------
09-17-2014, 11:27 PM #197 Skigirl

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl
Parker Slaybaugh @Parker8News · 19s
BREAKING: Here is the newest security video to be released in the Hannah Graham case.

Again...BREAKING: The... http://fb.me/76XZdLZ0Z

Oh boy, you can definitely see her in this one, and it looks like someone does have an arm around her. I just want to scream, 'noooooo!!!!!'

-------------------------

09-17-2014, 11:33 PM #213 Skigirl

Quote Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
I'm with you. I don't see Hannah at all. The woman in the foreground is obviously not her. I'm confused.

Look at the facebook one. Suddenly the first one makes more sense. I think the guy in the foreground with the dreads may be the one who subsequently has his arm around Hannah.

-------------------------------------

09-17-2014, 11:38 PM #226 Skigirl

Guys, Look at both videos. Ignore the two women in the first one. Focus on the guy with dreads walking left->right at the front, and then up in the upper right corner.

http://www.wric.com/global/Category....lipId=10596098

Then look at the facebook one. I think the dreadlock guy is the one that the "doorway" guy said he saw her with. Ugh, ugh ugh.

http://fb.me/76XZdLZ0Z
----------------

09-17-2014, 11:54 PM #260 Skigirl

I know I sound like a crazy person, but please indulge me.

First video: Dreadlock guy @27 seconds. White (long) shorts, grayish?/slightly darker top?

Second video: @3 seconds? White (long) shorts? Darkish hair? Grayish top? Arm around Hannah?

----------------
09-18-2014, 12:00 AM #272 Skigirl

I feel pretty sick and I hate to be a drama queen, but I am pretty sure we witnessed the moments that sealed her fate.

Wow, yes~! Exactly. That's exactly how I felt. That was before I found W.S. The reason I started following the story, and came to W.S. is because I felt just as you did. It's slightly inexplicable. My first post on here was trying to make sense of how his self-presentation and his movements could have given off such a strong visceral reaction. Days before we were meant to turn our attention to him.

Perhaps it is just me, but I find the discussion as to what JLM's motivations might be in his assault and murder of young women to be a non-issue, and frankly a bit offensive. It is almost like we are trying to make excuses or find some reasoning behind his predatory behavior. Who knows if his first girlfriend rejected him, or his dreams of becoming a star Football player was squashed due too rape allegations, or he was dropped on his head as a baby........he is a cold blooded killer. All the reasons in the world for that behavior are not going to change the fact he has taken lives that were not his to take.

IF he is proven guilty of these crimes and perhaps more than so be it ---life sucks , we all have things to overcome, it doesn't lead us to become murderers. That only happens when a mind is deeply perverted and disturbed to begin with. He is not a Teddy Bear, he is a shrewd operator who knows how to play people for his own gratification. Personally how anyone would step into his path let alone into his car is BEYOND me....and he knows that. That is why he preys on the those weakened by substance abuse.

I dare say Morgan Harrington and Hanah Grahm would have NEVER allowed this guy near them if they were not made vulnerable by their situation and mental confusion.
Life's disappointments don't make serial killers--mental defects make them poison.
JMOO__so please do not think I am trying to shut down this discussion....I just think we willNEVER know why people become Monsters.

EVIL has a life of it's own and it lives among us!

Agree with you on most all of these points, but I think understanding his triggers and motivations help us in sleuthing other possible victims. Does he always attack in the Fall? What other women went missing in the Fall in VA? Etc. I don't think Hannah and Morgan and Fairfax and the two college cases are the only ones out there. That would mean we have identified 100% of his wrongdoings and I think it would be improbable. I DO agree with you that whether he had a concussion or a mean mommy doesn't help us in any productive way, unless we were his therapist.

i am going to jump in here and opine for a minute
though lj's home life may have been less than desirable, his mom is a good woman
and i know there were those in the community who went out of their to help him
so for me, it's nice to say that it's due to environment but i think that is sheer speculation and really will never be known

Hey. Nice to see you. Hope you're well. It's important what you say. Thank you, as always.

Always listen to your intuitions or vibes that you may get. Never discount them.

This is not some one warming his hands over a fire in a trash can in the winter. He had a SO until a few months ago, and she was reportedly relatively long term too. He well knows the social rules that are followed by mainstream society, and when he had gone astray as a young man at two, TWO, not one, but two colleges, he was expelled even as a football player. If he could not "get it" from those incidents, that pushing beyond "no" is a taboo, there is something very wrong with him. From interviews, we've read that he had been admonished about hitting on women at a bar. He's had all of the warnings.

That he would do something so direct as that 2005 Fairfax rape, IMO, IDs him as a violet sex offender. He would just pick a random victim on her way to some unassociated activity, attack and rape her, No hoping she'd come along with him, that maybe she'd agree, that it would be a pick up. Nope. Jump her, punch her, try to strangle her as he rapes her. THat was the case that I had thought did not fit with his MO. With the other cases, though still inexcusable and IMO rape/murder, one can see a possible "pick up artist" on drugs or alcohol, luring a woman along and then going to far when things don't go as planned. Might have done this a number of times and found some women agreeable to go along even to encourage him in that direction. But the Fairfax rape case shows that he is an outright predator who has no compunction just going straight out into attack mode.

BBM. I'm not sure I think he looked for willing participants ever (I think any "willing" girlfriends met different urges than his violent/murderous ones; JMO) But maybe having a girlfriend/distraction from what appears to be his "bad" time (in the fall) helped him suppress violent urges? Or perhaps he just lacked opportunities?

I know I've seen lots of "timelines" throughout. Has there been one that just addresses years he was "accused" of something versus years he was not, and what might have filled in those holes? (i.e. did he have a girlfriend, or is there another potential victim from that timeframe?) Specifically:

Fall 2002: Rape accusation at LU.
Fall 2003: Rape accusation at CNU
Fall 2004: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2005: Violent rape/attempted murder (?)
Fall 2006: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2007: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2008: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2009: Violent rape/murder
Fall 2010: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2011: Girlfriend--did that keep him from acting again?
Fall 2012: Girlfriend
Fall 2013: Girlfriend
Fall 2014: Violent rape/murder

BBM. I'm not sure I think he looked for willing participants ever (I think any "willing" girlfriends met different urges than his violent/murderous ones; JMO) But maybe having a girlfriend/distraction from what appears to be his "bad" time (in the fall) helped him suppress violent urges? Or perhaps he just lacked opportunities?

I know I've seen lots of "timelines" throughout. Has there been one that just addresses years he was "accused" of something versus years he was not, and what might have filled in those holes? (i.e. did he have a girlfriend, or is there another potential victim from that timeframe?) Specifically:

Fall 2002: Rape accusation at LU.
Fall 2003: Rape accusation at CNU
Fall 2004: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2005: Violent rape/attempted murder (?)
Fall 2006: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2007: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2008: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2009: Violent rape/murder
Fall 2010: Did he have a girlfriend? Are there any missing C'ville people? Was he travelling, and are there any missing people from THOSE places?
Fall 2011: Girlfriend--did that keep him from acting again?
Fall 2012: Girlfriend
Fall 2013: Girlfriend
Fall 2014: Violent rape/murder

The "Other Victims" thread is musing with this, but some of the information needs to come from here to answer some of those questions to see plausibility. Not much has extended beyond Virginia, but that 2004/2005 is curious - where was he?

BBM. It's just so hard to wrap my mind around that, to reconcile it with that "other" JM. Impossible.
I had to walk away for a few days... But, I keep wondering if he dissociates...maybe doesn't even remember the moments after he snaps. But again, then I see him hunt Hannah down and I see her in control and I can't justify how and what caused her to suddenly become so incapacitated that he was seen holding her up...

I would have said the same thing about not really thinking he'd stray far from Charlottesville -- just a feeling I got given all his ties to the area, the fact that he had family mostly there and in the DC area, etc... but then he took off for Galveston, TX, which changed my attitude and made me wonder if he'd traveled more than I had previously thought. For one, he was on a football team in college (albeit briefly) and they travel for games, and we've had an insider here who posted saying that LJ's friends had all moved away (one to California). So maybe he got out of the Charlottesville area more than one would think.
How briefly? If the Liberty incident happened in the fall of 2002, wouldn't he have been on the team for the two previous seasons? If he went to Liberty on a football scholarship, was he not part of the team that traveled for the 2000 season, as well as the 2001 season? If so, he would have at least been to away games with the Liberty team, maybe prompting him to visit them again some other time.

Maybe somebody else is more familiar with his football years and would know.

How briefly? If the Liberty incident happened in the fall of 2002, wouldn't he have been on the team for the two previous seasons? If he went to Liberty on a football scholarship, was he not part of the team that traveled for the 2000 season, as well as the 2001 season? If so, he would have at least been to away games with the Liberty team, maybe prompting him to visit them again some other time.

Maybe somebody else is more familiar with his football years and would know.

He was red-shirted in (at least) his first year. Must have been quite a blow for Charlottesville's 'Athlete of the Year'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SurferAli
Back