JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I apologize if this has already been discussed, but is there evidence that JM was a drug dealer? It would explain why he is well-known, possibly even to HG. I've seen references to rumors that he was, but no serious discussion of the possibility.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but is there evidence that JM was a drug dealer? It would explain why he is well-known, possibly even to HG. I've seen references to rumors that he was, but no serious discussion of the possibility.

I don't think that has been broached here or by LE, but I think it is definitely possible. Would explain a lot...HG alone on the mall between parties; her ease or familiarity with JM; and her body language seeming purposeful, her attire, etc. Makes HG, MH, AM fit together as victims too, IMO.

I don't think that has been broached here or by LE, but I think it is definitely possible. Would explain a lot...HG alone on the mall between parties; her ease or familiarity with JM; and her body language seeming purposeful, her attire, etc. Makes HG, MH, AM fit together as victims too, IMO.

Possible. But no evidence. Doesn't make any difference. Even if he were, have to prove he sold, provided to her As of now , can't even prove JM gave her a drink, much less anything stronger. Not much left for forensics to come up with anything even if it made it to her bones and what's left her and even if so, she was at two parties and has unexplained time before meeting JM where she could have so imbibed. She was intoxicated, even by LE descriptions before she ran into JM.

The problem now is proving he killed her. The rest is does't really matter as much. I don't see how any of that could be proven at best. No serious info has been released of JM being a drug dealer, but given the legal definition of it, many users and partiers who "share" or buy for others or in any bulk so meet that definition.

Well, we know what JLM's job was: nursing assistant (or orderly) at a hospital.

So you're theorizing he was a drug dealer on the side and that an 18 year old athletic, slightly nerdy, A student co-ed walked around for an hour and a half alone on a weekend party night --- on foot, via a zig-zag route, drunk and in in some apparent distress -- because she was headed for a drug connection across town? Aw, c'mon. :p

One important piece of information is that at the time of MH's disappearance, JM was driving as a subcontractor for Access cab. The owner of Access Cab was Trevis Poole. He, along with his brother were all a part of one the largest drug bust in Virginia history (mid 1980s.) They bought, distributed and sold cocaine from Miami to Virginia. Three UVA athletes were also a part of the same bust. At the time of Hannah Graham's disappearance, Trevis Poole was an ex-con who had previously started a company dedicated to transporting people. He sold the company to Yellow Cab of Charlottesville. In recent weeks, although LE wanted to interview him, Poole was not to be found. He was being sought for an outstanding warrant for selling a vehicle without a title and he has had assault charges, possibly an abduction charge and MANY civil cases against him, per VA Court records. His brother has recently been arrested for possession of illegal substances.

So, it is not a big stretch to think that JM may have had knowledge of the drug trade in the Charlottesville area.

I do not think that HG was looking for JM for drugs. But, I would not be surprised to find out that she is one of the females that he gave his number to on the off chance that she might sometime need a ride.

I also wonder, how long the van taxi had been abandoned and if he still used it to transport victims even after he subdued them. I want to know where that van taxi was found and if the registration, inspection etc was current or expired.

Well, we know what JLM's job was: nursing assistant (or orderly) at a hospital.

So you're theorizing he was a drug dealer on the side and that an 18 year old athletic, slightly nerdy, A student co-ed walked around for an hour and a half alone on a weekend party night --- on foot, via a zig-zag route, drunk and in in some apparent distress -- because she was headed for a drug connection across town? Aw, c'mon. :p

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/3/6875569/molly-mdma-rave-act-shelley-goldsmith

And I'm guessing, though I know this point was researched, that he then bought the taxi and put it in storage.
Does anyone know more about if they will release any information they discover with the taxi they found of his? Haven't heard a peep...

I offered this as a possible theory way back in the first week that she went missing. (and I got blasted by others that I was blaming the victim so I stayed away from it with a 10 ft pole from thereafter). I was never blaming the victim, and was only theorizing different possibilities. For the reasons you mention here Conductor, I thought it could explain quite a few things. Although I don't know that it makes MH and AM fit any more together. Never followed AM and don't remember any grounds for assuming MH would be involved in that, and actually think her actions of getting into a cab with JM at the bridge make complete sense anyway. But good heavens, even if, I think it would go without saying doing drugs would never give anyone a right to kill you under any circumstances on this planet.

It probably doesn't matter legally though, as jamicat said.

ETA: Conductor I just read an old post of yours on another thread and you brought up a good point about MH's social media posts having made reference to rolling etc. I'd forgotten about that being something more "substantial" to base some theories on regarding drugs. Of course, it's all speculation, but it does make a potential cross-pollination theory of the cases a little more believable as it pertains to this discussion.

Perhaps it is just me, but I find the discussion as to what JLM's motivations might be in his assault and murder of young women to be a non-issue, and frankly a bit offensive. It is almost like we are trying to make excuses or find some reasoning behind his predatory behavior. Who knows if his first girlfriend rejected him, or his dreams of becoming a star Football player was squashed due too rape allegations, or he was dropped on his head as a baby........he is a cold blooded killer. All the reasons in the world for that behavior are not going to change the fact he has taken lives that were not his to take.

IF he is proven guilty of these crimes and perhaps more than so be it ---life sucks , we all have things to overcome, it doesn't lead us to become murderers. That only happens when a mind is deeply perverted and disturbed to begin with. He is not a Teddy Bear, he is a shrewd operator who knows how to play people for his own gratification. Personally how anyone would step into his path let alone into his car is BEYOND me....and he knows that. That is why he preys on the those weakened by substance abuse.

I dare say Morgan Harrington and Hanah Grahm would have NEVER allowed this guy near them if they were not made vulnerable by their situation and mental confusion.
Life's disappointments don't make serial killers--mental defects make them poison.
JMOO__so please do not think I am trying to shut down this discussion....I just think we willNEVER know why people become Monsters.

EVIL has a life of it's own and it lives among us!

These is no excuse other than pure evil for JL's actions (if proven guilty)! It sounds like his mother and family were supportive of him. His mother moved to a good area away from gangs. Family members even accompanied him to the police station where he acquired his lawyer! Many start life with no support and with so many challenges yet go through life as upstanding citizens! JMO

These is no excuse other than pure evil for JL's actions (if proven guilty)! It sounds like his mother and family were supportive of him. His mother moved to a good area away from gangs. Family members even accompanied him to the police station where he acquired his lawyer! Many start life with no support and with so many challenges yet go through life as upstanding citizens! JMO

With all due respect, chalking a murderer's actions up to "pure evil" does not really help those of us who want to better understand the underpinnings of criminality. I've driven past Ponderosa Trail several times, and it appears to be a long country lane off the fairly smallish Old Lynchburg Road. I haven't ridden up Ponderosa, but it looks pretty isolated - read into that as you wish. I've also read that getting away from "the gang life" was the motivation to move there, but I'm unclear as to when the Matthews moved there if LJ went to Red Hill Elementary (a county school, not a city school). I really don't think that gangs have infiltrated C'ville's one elementary school now let alone back in the 1980s when LJ was an elementary student.

I can't find the post now, nor even remember which thread it was in, and this may not belong here, but it might help. Someone had looked into criminal activity specifically on the Downtown Mall but posted a link that required subscription. Here is one that does not: http://spotcrime.com/va/charlottesville

With all due respect, chalking a murderer's actions up to "pure evil" does not really help those of us who want to better understand the underpinnings of criminality. I've driven past Ponderosa Trail several times, and it appears to be a long country lane off the fairly smallish Old Lynchburg Road. I haven't ridden up Ponderosa, but it looks pretty isolated - read into that as you wish. I've also read that getting away from "the gang life" was the motivation to move there, but I'm unclear as to when the Matthews moved there if LJ went to Red Hill Elementary (a county school, not a city school). I really don't think that gangs have infiltrated C'ville's one elementary school now let alone back in the 1980s when LJ was an elementary student.

They moved when his mom divorced her husband, according to MSM around 2001, it was around the time he was in college. That was his residence as an adult not a kid, while in his last year of HS perhaps and through his college years. She was said to have moved from there suddenly around 2008 by neighbors as reported in MSM. Prior to that he went the elementary school you mentioned and secondary school as well near there. Then when Monticello HS opened it's door he transferred to there and was part of the first class to graduate.

BBM.

Well, now. Isn't THAT interesting? Wonder why "suddenly?" We can't sleuth family members, but we might be able to discuss what LJ might've been up to in 2008.

I'm off to check the list of missing ladies, to see if anyone disappeared in Sept 2008.

Well, there aren't many in Virginia in 2008. Gracie Maccord is about the only one, but we think she's been found.

I wonder if he was doing too many taxi runs to BWI/Reagan/and Dulles and making new friends up that direction. Perhaps that's around the time he made connections in DC/MD/PA/NY. Perhaps we should check those states for missing women in 2008.

With all due respect to you also, I am certain that when the 'underpinnings' of this crime are stripped away the parents of these victims, and most others in fact, will agree with me on the pure 'pure evil' at work here. More than JMO here I am sure!

They moved when his mom divorced her husband, according to MSM around 2001, it was around the time he was in college. That was his residence as an adult not a kid, while in his last year of HS perhaps and through his college years. She was said to have moved from there suddenly around 2008 by neighbors as reported in MSM. Prior to that he went the elementary school you mentioned and secondary school as well near there. Then when Monticello HS opened it's door he transferred to there and was part of the first class to graduate.

FWIW JLM would have graduated HS in 2000. In 2001 depending on the time of year he would be a second semester freshmen(spring)..or a first semester sophomore (fall)

Well, there aren't many in Virginia in 2008. Gracie Maccord is about the only one, but we think she's been found.

I wonder if he was doing too many taxi runs to BWI/Reagan/and Dulles and making new friends up that direction. Perhaps that's around the time he made connections in DC/MD/PA/NY. Perhaps we should check those states for missing women in 2008.

He may have had a DC/MD connection before then, consider the Fairfax rape was 2005.

When all of this happened hardly matters does it? From the reports of people who know him he came from a family who cared about him! Certainly 'good enough' parenting that it would not have have created, or given any excuse for being a rapist or murderer!! Does 'pure evil' exist on this planet, that which was not 'caused'!

We'll look around you my friend!

JMO

With all due respect to you also, I am certain that when the 'underpinnings' of this crime are stripped away the parents of these victims, and most others in fact, will agree with me on the pure 'pure evil' at work here. More than JMO here I am sure!

It's word that is a judgement with some understanding. You're all talking about the same thing, but it is a concept well worth understanding. Below are definitions and a exploration of the concept of evil.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/evil

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/evil

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/concept-evil/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member