JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't seem like a whole lot of planning in any of those situations to me. He openly was always stalking females, hoping to "get lucky", but that's something a lot of men do. That he had the rape accusation from over 12 years ago is a red flag, but some people learn from things like that and pull in their boundaries, getting it through their thick heads that they have to rein in their behavior and rethink things like their perspectives on "consent". So it was possible that he was young, cocky, stupid, arrogant, needed to learn personal boundaries, and when to stop with a strong lesson than most, and that should have been his wake up call. It clearly wasn't. His pattern of behavior in pushing it beyond he comfort lines of a number of women from that 9/12-13 night out show that he still behaved that way.

I think he picked up MH, and grabbed that rape victim because, yes, he saw them as opportunities that he probably did play out in his mind, and when he saw the lone, vulnerable females right there, he acted on it. That he was so violent is the shocking part of all of this. I had pretty much thought (and hoped) that if he did pick up Hannah and make the moves, that any harm was accidental and not a deliberate brutual assault. THe connection to those cases pretty much makes that a very slim chance. I am so, so sorry for Hannah and the Grahams as well as all his other victims. Just nauseates me that this is someone who is so brutal and flat out evil.

But he is careless. His car, that he didn't seem to care that he had to have been seen that night with Hannah, that he just outright attacked that young woman in an apartment complex where he was likely to be heard--no dark out in the woods place there, that he just dumped MH in the open, no time taken to cover or with dirt, throw her in a lake or take her a good hour from his stomping grounds. My guess is Hannah is not far and is not particularly well hidden. He's just too careless to take the time to that. Look how fast he got caught. Anyone with an ounce of brains would have laid so low, not attracted any attention with his face out there nationally. What a fool. But a dangerous one and I'm glad he's in jail.

So. How long before he is charged with abduction, assault, rape and murder in Morgan's case, and abduction, assault, rape and attempted murder in Fairfax case?

LE needs to make sure they have their cases in order before they charge him. He has a Constitutional right to a speedy trial so they don't want to rush the charges as long as they already have him in custody for something else.

E
It says in the yearbook he was a member of the "Outdoors Club" for all four years in high school.

I hope the police try to find out where they went, the types of places they went to, and what they learned.

Wow. Good eye.

Can you call that in as a tip! That is a biggie, I feel!

His mother had some input in his life, she sent him out of town to "keep him out of trouble" whatever that means...
http://m.dailyprogress.com/news/pol...0e8-484e-11e4-b26d-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

From this article

A staffer at the Trading Post, a convenience store on Monacan Trail Road less than two miles from where Harrington’s remains were found at Anchorage Farm, said patrons had seen Matthew in the store after Graham disappeared. The store’s owner could not confirm whether Matthew had been sighted in the store recently.

The farm was searched after Graham’s disappearance, police have said. The owners of the farm could not be reached for comment Monday.

So we are going to blame women for the actions done by this man?

IMO, I would think the majority of posters on these forums, myself included, believe that JM is solely responsible for his choices and actions. However, in looking at the total unique experiences and background that makes us what we are as adult individuals, what percentage of our makeup is nature and what percentage is nurture? Again, JMO.

IMO, I would think the majority of posters on these forums, myself included, believe that JM is solely responsible for his choices and actions. However, in looking at the total unique experiences and background that makes us what we are as adult individuals, what percentage of our makeup is nature and what percentage is nurture? Again, JMO.

DNA evidence:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/us/virginia-hannah-graham/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Everybody is doing what comes naturally to them. Youth aspire to revel and learn in college. Families and friends protect and rally. Fear and vulnerability cause dissonance in some, thus the blame game due to deep seeded rationalizing and distancing from the victims, especially in cases of rape. Naturally, lawyers defending "he said, she said" rape cases often prefer female jurors. JM is abnormal, unnatural, an aberration. Circumstances, lack of intervention may have exasperated his behavior, but he made calculated choices for a long time. He understood right from wrong. He is still calculating. There is no sign of Hannah Graham. Thank God, science is still naturally progressing. DNA evidence is the end of him. IMO

I think JM thinks he's an extra special snowflake who doesn't have to abide by the same rules of society as the rest of us. Obviously all criminals go by this philosophy, but there's something arrogant about some criminals. Scott Peterson and Jordan van der Sloot come to mind as being snowflakes. Or thinking they are anyway.

I think Peterson and van der Sloot grew up in more affluent families though. Often times, money and privilege cause arrogance.

I think Peterson and van der Sloot grew up in more affluent families though. Often times, money and privilege cause arrogance.

I understand what you're saying but that hasn't been my experience. I personally know of two adults who are emotionally crippled due to being raised as special snowflakes and neither were affluent in the least growing up. I think it's more of a family dysfunction rather than external circumstances.

ETA I'm not excusing JM or any of the above. I think it's all a perfect storm of nature/nurture coming together to create these monsters.

I think he picked up MH, and grabbed that rape victim because, yes, he saw them as opportunities that he probably did play out in his mind, and when he saw the lone, vulnerable females right there, he acted on it. That he was so violent is the shocking part of all of this. I had pretty much thought (and hoped) that if he did pick up Hannah and make the moves, that any harm was accidental and not a deliberate brutual assault. THe connection to those cases pretty much makes that a very slim chance. I am so, so sorry for Hannah and the Grahams as well as all his other victims. Just nauseates me that this is someone who is so brutal and flat out evil.
BBM. That was my thinking as well. I am still shocked, and I admit upset, that he has turned out to be a 'violent' predator I tend to follow just a couple cases at a time, and that way I am on top of the latest developments. I did not follow the Harrington case at all, so I had to do a quick catch up on that one, and still only know a little bit. From what I've read, the only mention of violence in Amanda's death came from her mother Gil. What I found was that the cause of death was never made public nor details of the autopsy. Is that correct? I read where Gil said Amanda had broken bones, but did not indicate what bones. I wonder why details about her death are being kept secret.

Couldnt extraordinary athletic skill (and the attention that often comes with it) also cause the same thing?

In JLMs case it could be an overbearing grandmother. It was said in other threads that she raised him instead of his mother.

A friend of mine works with JM's sister. She said he comes from a wonderful and loving family. What a shame.

Couldnt extraordinary athletic skill (and the attention that often comes with it) also cause the same thing?

IMO, definitely. Top athletes often receive so much praise and adoration for their on field accomplishments, that if not properly grounded by their family and friends, may feel a false sense of entitlement. Very true with some celebrities as well.

A friend of mine works with JM's sister. She said he comes from a wonderful and loving family. What a shame.

This must be tearing everybody there apart. Finding Hannah Graham would mean something to everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member