JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect in Hannah Graham disappearance could be linked to 10 violent crimes against women in Virginia since 2002

The capture of Jesse Matthew, 32, in the case of the missing 18-year-old University of Virginia coed has authorities looking at the Charlottesville native in up to 10 rapes, murders and disappearances dating back to a rape allegation against the man 12 years ago. Matthew has only been charged in the Graham case, but officials have also linked him to a 2009 murder in Charlottesville and a 2005 rape in Fairfax.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...icials-cold-cases-article-1.1959882?cid=bitly

I find it fascinating that he had to know the gig was up and he stopped on a beach in Galveston and pitched a tent.

Thanks for posting popsicle. I guess we all knew that was coming. His family had to be aware of the accusations at both schools, right? Heartbreaking what all of these young women experienced at the hands of this entitled piece of crap.

WHERE IS HANNAH???

I think you are right that his family had to have been aware. I am so angry right now and will do my best not to be sent to the naughty chair with my post. I saw this "burying our heads in the sand" crap with my aunt and uncle (hate to call them that) when my cousin murdered an innocent girl. It just makes me sick and I will never understand how a parent can refuse to get help for a child who needs help just because the parents cannot bring themselves to believe their child is anything but perfect. They excuse away every indicator that their child is ill and a threat to society with things like it was because he was bullied and laughed at. I am not saying all of this is what JM's parents did, but I am now always skeptical of parents of deviants.

Rant is over....I think.

Updated Time Line
This is an awesome timeline, thanks.

Just wanted to point out that the date of his sexual assault at CNU coincides with the disappearance of Sophia May Rivera -- 9/7/2003

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/10/suspect-uva-case-investigated-while-cnu

ETA: I haven't posted on the web version of WS since the server upgrade (usually use Tapatalk) .. not sure why your timeline wasn't included in the quote. I obviously did something incorrectly, sorry about that...

I think you are right that his family had to have been aware. I am so angry right now and will do my best not to be sent to the naughty chair with my post. I saw this "burying our heads in the sand" crap with my aunt and uncle (hate to call them that) when my cousin murdered an innocent girl. It just makes me sick and I will never understand how a parent can refuse to get help for a child who needs help just because the parents cannot bring themselves to believe their child is anything but perfect. They excuse away every indicator that their child is ill and a threat to society with things like it was because he was bullied and laughed at. I am not saying all of this is what JM's parents did, but I am now always skeptical of parents of deviants.

Rant is over....I think.

I think it's possible that his family wasn't even aware of the sexual assault allegations. He was over 18 and an adult, right? So his family really didn't have access to his school info unless he gave it to them. He could have given them any reason why he was dismissed from school.

I think it's possible that his family wasn't even aware of the sexual assault allegations. He was over 18 and an adult, right? So his family really didn't have access to his school info unless he gave it to them. He could have given them any reason why he was dismissed from school.

I agree that is possible. Because of my experience and anger with my family, I know I am being quite one-sided and I also know that isn't necessarily fair. I still just cannot help myself now from wondering what parents actually know.

At many colleges, the person who pays the tuition is the one who receives official information - such as grades, etc. I wonder if the same would apply to on campus crimes, etc? (I have no idea who paid for JM while at CNU - I apologize if I missed seeing that posted here). All JMO as always.

I'm wondering. In conjunction with football season starting, the start of school - if he was no good in school - would also create a lot of stress for him. I mean, it would have to be a hard time of year dreading going back to school, knowing that he wasn't going to be able to do the work, etc..

So I'm wondering if maybe it isn't a combination of both football season starting, and school starting?

Someone up thread said it was like watching a predator in action. I completely agree. With him going from one bar to another bar, a drink here, a drink there... Looking for vulnerabilities, next victim... Very interesting (in a very sick sort of way).

I'm also reminded of Ted Bundy. He also ran across the country, he also dealt with officers and then sled and if I'm not mistaken, bundy also studied psychology. New paragraph the study of psychology is interesting ines much as it maybe an indication that Matthew knew something was wrong with his mind, and was trying to find out more about what was wrong, and how he could maybe fix it.

This is the case that is been fascinating to me, on many levels. It also makes me very sad.

You all are doing such an amazingly wonderful job researching this, and explaining it to the rest of us. I appreciate it very much.

Best
Hc

It would be interesting to see map of where the 'possible' victims were last seen and where their bodies were found? I realize not all of them were found. He was seen with Hannah Graham that night, it would impact where he took her.

During their recent encounter, Matthew talked mainly about playing online poker, Pleasants said. He said they hadn’t seen each other since Monticello, and he was left with the impression that Matthew, the former athletic star, had “peaked at age, like, 17, and declined ever since.” When they parted company, Pleasants made sure to hand him a tip.[/I]

I think this is worth looking into, for sussing out his online presence. Where are the best places to play poker online?

I found an interesting link that has some info on online poker playing in VA. A snippet:

Is It Legal For Virginia Residents To Play Poker Online?
Virginia citizens who want to play poker for real money online at online poker rooms can occasionally find a poker site willing to do business with them, but this site may be operating outside the law. With changes to state and federal laws to make it harder to take part in online poker play in Virginia, changes in other states to regulate and allow online poker seem far off from citizens of Virginia.

I'm thinking he probably played more at a gaming site than a gambling site. Pogo, maybe? Or something similar?

At many colleges, the person who pays the tuition is the one who receives official information - such as grades, etc. I wonder if the same would apply to on campus crimes, etc? (I have no idea who paid for JM while at CNU - I apologize if I missed seeing that posted here). All JMO as always.
Students over the age of 18 are protected by privacy laws I believe. I cannot get access to my child's grades without her permission even though I pay tuition. I would imagine that is also true for disciplinary actions. Any lawyers out there know for sure about this?

I recall his landlord at one point stating, standing outside the apartment complex, that 'he was doing so much better lately,' and that she couldn't believe he was a suspect on the run. Better than what?

She also said that JM's last contact with her was unusually gracious in another interview.

So an old friend asks after him and JM tells him not much, just online poker. I believe the online, but what's he going to say? 'Oh, I do *advertiser censored* and follow serial killers'

He comes home from school in disgrace again and again and the family doesn't twig? He seems to have had a history of just violence too. I recall a mother thanking her blessing on twitter that she had decided not to get in his cab when she realized it was him. Years earlier, when her son was in seventh grade, she'd gone to school to complain to them about JM giving her son a black eye. Maybe he told his family he got into fights? But either way, protective families clamp down and ride the storms.

Awesome timeline. Shutter to think what will be added. ....JM sexual assault at CNU 9/7/03....

Sorry, but have to add that I just realized I stated "shutter" when I meant shudder...about "shutterbug22"'s post. Ha. Okay, time to turn off the iPad

My parents received my parking tickets both times.

My parents received my parking tickets both times.

But was that because the car was registered in their name? I have to have access granted by 20 year old son to access grades, etc. at his University

Awesome timeline. Shutter to think what will be added. ....JM sexual assault at CNU 9/7/03....

This is just the tip of the iceberg... I'm sorry, but for me, all presumption of innocence has gone out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo