JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call in a tip! I think the press started looking at Martha Jefferson House becsuse they read about it on here.

Ok, I just emailed a link to the guy's FB page and mentioned why he might have other info about local places JM is familiar with

That pr!@k is making me sick to my stomach.

Wth did it take so long to catch the freak?

I'm just so pizzed off there are so many emerging victims here, over a horrifying lengthy time.

[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Making your FB profile black isn't a simple shutoff (at least I haven't found it). Usually you get that faceless head. There is no plain black choice, Did he take a photo of something dark and post it? Why didn't he lock down his privacy settings so nobody could see his Facebook friends? Does he want them to be interviewed about what a great guy he is? Delete the profile completely. He went to the trouble of changing his pic in the midst of the investigation. Where's the psych majors? Did a lawyer tell him to?

He's not good at reading and may have a learning disability, but he is very manipulative and learns quickly what people respond to in his manipulations. Whether he's playing the simple country boy or the religious Christian, he's playing people.

I guarantee you this guy has convinced neighbors and patrol cops that he is harmless when found on private property or driving a dirt road at night.

-

I think this is worth looking into, for sussing out his online presence. Where are the best places to play poker online?

I found an interesting link that has some info on online poker playing in VA. A snippet:

Is It Legal For Virginia Residents To Play Poker Online?
Virginia citizens who want to play poker for real money online at online poker rooms can occasionally find a poker site willing to do business with them, but this site may be operating outside the law. With changes to state and federal laws to make it harder to take part in online poker play in Virginia, changes in other states to regulate and allow online poker seem far off from citizens of Virginia.

I'm thinking he probably played more at a gaming site than a gambling site. Pogo, maybe? Or something similar?
Pokerstars

Making your FB profile black isn't a simple shutoff (at least I haven't found it). Usually you get that faceless head. There is no plain black choice, Did he take a photo of something dark and post it? Why didn't he lock down his privacy settings so nobody could see his Facebook friends? Does he want them to be interviewed about what a great guy he is? Delete the profile completely. He went to the trouble of changing his pic in the midst of the investigation. Where's the psych majors? Did a lawyer tell him to?
Thank-You. I was wondering when someone was going to pick this aspect apart.

Lights out. She's over. He knows it.

That's my take.

Hello all, sorry if this has already been discussed. I am new to this case and haven't read this whole thread yet.

I just wanted to ask what you all thought about his demeanor during his court appearance?? I just watched the video on youtube and he seems to be extremely slow, to the point of wondering if he is intellectually impared? He seemed to need this long pause between every simple yes or no question the judge asked to process what was being said??

Anyone have a link to this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's not good at reading and may have a learning disability, but he is very manipulative and learns quickly what people respond to in his manipulations. Whether he's playing the simple country boy or the religious Christian, he's playing people.

I guarantee you this guy has convinced neighbors and patrol cops that he is harmless when found on private property or driving a dirt road at night.

I think adaptation like is a basic instinct of some sort. I was reading about what to expect with my growing kitten last year and learned that the growing cat will learn to affect a mewling-type cry that mimics the cry of a baby to get attention after a baby is introduced to the household. When we started babysitting my niece, the young cat did indeed revert to a mewling cry later. She has a deeper meow that she uses, but only when my husband (she's his baby girl, and she worships him lol) is not around. So manipulative!

I guess what I'm saying is that he must have learned how to play people to survive, and eventually to be a predator.

Anyone have a link to this?

There's also this one, from behind and with better audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n3bBXwN2KU

I don't think he's very smart. Some students who have learning disabilities are quite intelligent, some are even at genius level. They just process information differently and need to overcome it. This isn't the case with JM. One of his former classmates mentioned people were laughing at him, not with him. That he didn't realize it, thick. Perhaps he did notice it but never said anything. Maybe he was make fun of all his life and it make him angry and hurt. I used to teach LD and a sub group of them had behavioral and violence issues.
He seems to have anger management issues and this could have been one of the problems that collided with his sexual urges. Maybe he was rejected by many girls b/c as a classmate said, he was a joke, the joke. He didn't want just any girl, he wanted a pretty one.
This isn't the whole MO put is likely part of it.
It's just too hard for me to try to get inside his head as to why kill. Women are easier to take down then he can get the sex too. I wonder if he loses control or that was it at first. Or if he premeditated all of them. I do think he thinks he's entitled to do as he pleases, he thinks he's special somehow. That's part of the football culture, just not to this extreme. Thinking aloud.

CNU: Jesse Matthew accused of on-campus sexual assault in 2003

NEWPORT NEWS -- Christopher Newport University confirmed to 13News Now Wednesday that the man accused of abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, Jesse Matthew, was also accused of an on-campus sexual assault at the Newport News school on September 7, 2003.

Five days later, Matthew was no longer on the football team, according to the University. It is not known whether Matthew left the team or was dismissed by the school.

snipped

Late Tuesday afternoon, the Newport News Police Department confirmed that they are re-examining two cold cases involving girls who went missing in 2003. Sophia Rivera was last seen on Sept. 7, 2003 and Autumn Day was last seen on July 24, 2003.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news.../01/cnu-sexual-assault-jess-matthew/16555351/
Sophia Riviera went missing the SAME DAY as JM was accused of sexual assault ( for the 2nd time in 11 months, at a 2nd school)???????

Omg

"My concern for him is that he's incompetent to stand trial, to go through this, and like I've said, I'd hate for someone to be thrown under the bus, or for their lives to be ruined if this wasn't the case. Or if he you know, since it doesn't look good for him with the evidence, if he's working in connection with someone else or he's the middle man, to do what's right."

During their years together at LU, she says she helped him with his class work and it was then she realized his intelligence level was not up to par.

"When I was looking over his work, it was truly at the age of Grammar school. It was see spot run, with handwriting to match."
But she does say he's someone who could fall under the wrong influence just because he doesn't know any better.
http://www.wset.com/story/26669474/classmate-of-jesse-matthews-speaks-out
Not sure if this has been posted or not but it looks like people who knew him didn't think he was very smart, or almost mentally challenged as this classmate makes it sound. Like they don't think he understands boundaries and such. Do you think that's why they let him by with so much? Because they literally thought he was too dumb to know the difference between right and wrong? She even states that she was shocked that he was even able to attend college.
I also posted this in another thread.

To me his court appearance seemed calculated. Doing the "aww shucks" and slow bit around mostly males. Seems to me he has a very differnt facade between males and females. The type that would go get a beer with males and pretend he isn't a predator. Just try to seem normal as best he could. He seems to have a deep issue with women. I'm not buying this Of Mice and Men act. He changes between male and female.

Also noticed on his FB friends from South Asian backgrounds. As I recall the victim in NOVA was from similar.

Also wouldn't be surprised on his computer a lot of *advertiser censored*. Probably violent. Making his GF go through some of this and demeaning her. While telling everyone else she isn't Christian enough.

http://www.wset.com/story/26669474/classmate-of-jesse-matthews-speaks-out
Not sure if this has been posted or not but it looks like people who knew him didn't think he was very smart, or almost mentally challenged as this classmate makes it sound. Like they don't think he understands boundaries and such. Do you think that's why they let him by with so much? Because they literally thought he was too dumb to know the difference between right and wrong? She even states that she was shocked that he was even able to attend college.
I also posted this in another thread.

I think that's a very good point. Perhaps people felt bad for him and that's why all the accusations were allowed to slide on by.

Also in regards to the Step Up friend on his Facebook profile... I think there is a good possibility that he might have thought it was the program that was helping his dad and that's why he was Facebook friends with it... however I don't know which is more ironic: the fact that the charity program that helped his homeless father shares the same name with a local violence against women prevention group, or the fact that JM is friends with a Facebook page that works to stop predators like him and possibly clueless to that fact. Ugh the "coincidences" in this case just never end.

I am using my cell and dont know how to link and stuff. I was in LJ Matthew Facebook page and going through his friend list for no good reason, anyway he had a group called "Step Up" in Charlottesville in his list. I clicked it and its a rape awareness site and its l about respecting Women and campus rapes etc. And he had this site in his friends list

My first thought was that maybe he has it there to monitor how much people know about his crimes he commits :/

IMO, I think he's just sick. Unfortunately, it's way past too late to help him. He probably just blacked out his Facebook because, in a way, he's embarrassed about what he did... embarrassed because he knows the public will judge him for what he is. I'm sure he's not sorry though. Later on, he may put on an act of being sorry in attempt to gain sympathy from the public. Some people talk about him putting on an act. I'm sure he does but its the figuring out when he puts on the act that's the hard part. I don't think he puts an act all the time. He has different sides to him just like everyone else. One side just happens to be an evil side. Remember, JM drove all the way to Texas just to hide out on a beach. He asked the gas station attendant if it was 'safe' to be on the beach. He told the fisherman that he was from New Jersey and looking for a job. He gave the cop a ridiculous fake name. This all shows his immaturity and his inability to grasp the the gravity of the situation he has created. He has no remorse for what he did. He's not like us.

I once dated a girl who was a compulsive liar. It's very disturbing. Very not-human like in many ways, yet deep down inside, I do believe she is a good person...or at least, she wanted to be. She just couldn't help herself. Not even as she ruined her life and the lives of people around her. I think JM is similar in that he just can't help himself and he will never ever feel sorry for doing what he did because he is not like us. Sometimes monsters are just born. Of course, JM is responsible for his horrendous actions but shame on his family for failing to recognize his sickness and for not getting him help (even if it couldn't be helped, they should have tried). Shame on the school system reinforcing that he could get away with this behavior. There were so many red flags for so many years....

To me his court appearance seemed calculated. Doing the "aww shucks" and slow bit around mostly males. Seems to me he has a very differnt facade between males and females. The type that would go get a beer with males and pretend he isn't a predator. Just try to seem normal as best he could. He seems to have a deep issue with women. I'm not buying this Of Mice and Men act. He changes between male and female.

Also noticed on his FB friends from South Asian backgrounds. As I recall the victim in NOVA was from similar.

Also wouldn't be surprised on his computer a lot of *advertiser censored*. Probably violent. Making his GF go through some of this and demeaning her. While telling everyone else she isn't Christian enough.

Woman in NOVA was not Asian IIRC, I believe she was Muslim and of Middle Eastern decent. But like I said, IIRC... I'll try to find a link...

WTVR is reporting Matthew was investigated for another sexual assault in Newport News, which is why he left Christopher Newport University.
http://wtvr.com/2014/10/01/sexual-a...ew-at-christopher-newport-university-in-2003/
Wow. I know we had theorized that was the case, but to have it confirmed means "LJ" has a lot of explaining to do. In my mind, this clinches it....he's a serial rapist/murderer.

Yup...me too- clinches it for sure. He's been doing this for a l-o-n-g time. My gut tells me that Morgan was not his first kill. There will be others he is linked to now that they have DNA directly from him to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member