JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Are there any verified insiders on this case?

I had to step away from this case for a bit because the information was flying so quickly, I could not keep up.

Has his family given any public statements since his arrest? also, is there any local talk that they were aiding and abedding?

Sad as it seems, I think the reward statement must be changed... not only should it be if she is found safe, but if she is found so that she can have a proper service and burial.

This case breaks my heart.

When Hannah's mother gave her statement yesterday she spoke of the reward but didn't specify it was for the safe return of Hannah, just for information that leads to Hannah's location (I'm paraphrasing).

I'm pretty sure a couple of days ago on the scanner thread someone mentioned they were searching "Black Cat Rd"

Speaking of feet, iirc, JM was wearing socks and crocs to go out that fateful night and actually tried to pick up girls wearing them!
Wonder how far he could comfortably walk in a dark wooded area wearing those shoes, or does he throw them out and change into other shoes?
Maybe he wore them because he did not expect to do anything that night, perhaps an impulsive move resulted in altering hiding pattern and sticking very close by?

Respectfully snipped.

Maybe he pretended to be higher up the nursing ladder than an orderly/patient care technician.

Say what? What kind of Christian was he?? Was he never taught thou shalt not kill?

OTOH, he was undoubtedly also taught to think: "I am weak. I have 'sinned', but I will be 'forgiven'."

FWIW all this discussion about religion in regards to this case is a bit disconcerting. All of this is very subjective, depending on ones own religious affiliation or lack thereof. IMHO a slippery slope to be walking on.

two cents

Here is something I'd love to know...Especially from his friends who made the comment about JM being like the character "Lenny" from Steinbeck's "of Mice and Men."

First--what did JM do that caused them to think this way? In the book, Lenny starts out by accidentally killing animals. Then, moves on to people. What did his friends witness? Did they see JM accidentally kill an animal?

Also, if he was "Lenny" than I'd like to know who was his "George?" Who covered for him?

It is strange because he has had several friends, including female , that talk about how wonderful he is.

In high school, he had to be really popular being a co captain of the FB team and the state wrestling champ. He looks good in his high school,pic so I imagine he had a lot of girls interested in him.

I think he had his glory days and now he is just a face in the crowd.

So he does all kinds of weird things to get attention. Maybe they worked when he was popular and younger. Maybe him paying attention to females in the past was all he needed for them to swoon all over him.

He wants that attention. He craves it.

This description rings true to me. Especially when noted that he took down to the ground, a brand new acquaintance, w/a wrestling move, when he was introduced as a pro wrestler. It's like he wanted to relive his glory days, although in such an inappropriate fashion.

Not sure, but seem to recall discussion of a an oldish figure in his life who moved from Va to Ca who'd stayed in touch with JM through facebook. Ring a bell?

This description rings true to me. Especially when noted that he took down to the ground, a brand new acquaintance, w/a wrestling move, when he was introduced as a pro wrestler. It's like he wanted to relive his glory days, although in such an inappropriate fashion.

Thinking he wanted to demean another male in front of the females he ended up harassing. imo.

Some random thoughts and speculation, imo.

Earlier, a poster had asked if there could be any correlation between football strategy and where, or how, JM might deal with a victim.
Maybe consciously or not, remains are placed in some kind of geographical duplication of a winning game?.
JM once was a cheerleader, could he have assembled the girls in formation?
Assuming as a cheerleader, JM would hold the other cheer leaders up on his shoulders, maybe his apparent attraction for legs/feet/shoes, stemmed from
that experience?
Maybe that is why he chose cheerleading?

Speaking of feet, iirc, JM was wearing socks and crocs to go out that fateful night and actually tried to pick up girls wearing them!
Wonder how far he could comfortably walk in a dark wooded area wearing those shoes, or does he throw them out and change into other shoes?
Maybe he wore them because he did not expect to do anything that night, perhaps an impulsive move resulted in altering hiding pattern and sticking very close by?.

If Jm was responsible for MH and did in fact pick her up in a car, presumably he would have been driving sober, but on the night he may have encountered HG, JM had been drinking, so maybe he drove, and hid, with less care and distance? imo.

That makes a lot of sense. But the crocs, sorry again, may have more to do with his facade (orderly, just out of UVA hosp., didn't have time to change my shoes), stlye, or clean up routine. Thank you for giving it thought, dotr.

Thinking he wanted to demean another male in front of the females he ended up harassing. imo.

He's seems good at networking, leveraging one association against the other. That night, the guy he gave the hamstring to, he may have instinctively not needed in the way, thoughtlessly. The way people do things then seem not to know why or tell themselves 'it wasn't me.' Did he go on to being contrite with the hamstring guy, as had been the case with the assault charge against the lawyer?

Well, "IF" JM is guilty of serial raping, and murdering, I don't know how much about his childhood we'll truly know. So many things are typically overlooked, and if he was bigger than other kids his age, perhaps played a bit rough, because he just doesn't know his strength, or perhaps he was picked on for his size in early years, and learned that his size could make them shut up? Not sure on that aspect, but not looking to see whole lots about the early years.

High school years, what I've noticed in sports is it's pushed hard in highschool. Typically some rec football leagues that the same players are on, and parents want them on the team about as much and sometimes more than the player wants on the team. It becomes a clique. Status revolves around sports, with football being the greatest and receiving the most money to buy uniforms, equipment, etc.

A problem I've noticed in the area, is those that are great in their high school might end up at a college where they just become another small fish. There are some students that just don't handle that well. Of course they don't usually become rapists or murderers, but I've seen many either drop out of college, or if they get a 4yr degree, then they are done. They'll be the ones on the side lines either coaching their own kids later, or trying to coach over the real coach. But them actually going further than the initial college that recruited them is pretty rare. So they go from this up in the cloud, I'm the greatest there's been, with high hopes of going far, to being just like all the others on a college team. With parents behind them just beaming because their son is on the team.

Another aspect, the high school jocks strut. They enjoying showing off the team shirt for any occasion. They thrive on the attention from other students. Some have a following...fans as such. There also seem to be girls who WILL have sex with them. They don't have to rape. Often the homecoming queen and king are into sports, and voted into that queen/king position by their peers. Go to a high school football game, and see how many are actually watching the game, how many are standing at the fence to get that wave, the blowing kiss, that wink, etc., from a football player. Of course the players are relishing in that!

Then they meet the real world, and the girls aren't as willing. The tactics from high school no longer work. Most evolve and learn more about boundaries, respect, etc., but even in college it's not there for the majority. They feel entitled, they've earned that attention, and I can't even begin to state how many times I've heard the phrase "so whatcha gonna do for me?", or "what's in it for me?" often with a wink. Look how peer pressure ENCOURAGES underage drinking! Oh to be in the 'in crowd' you'll be attending the bone fires, the tailgating parties, the dorm parties, etc. Sadly most do NOT realize they are being offered that alcohol for free to get their defenses down.

Those tactics have worked thus far. But the women are becoming wiser, they are maturing quicker than the males, and realize they don't HAVE to have sex to get a guy. They don't HAVE to have sex with a foot ball player to make them fit in. Perhaps they're focusing more on the college studies, and becoming ambitious to get that degree, to be self supporting, etc. They realize they can pick and choose who they date, and how far they want that relationship to go, or can just keep that guy in the friend zone. Their laughing and flirting may continue, but it doesn't mean they want to have sex with every guy they smile at!

***Sorry, lost train of thought....a plane is flying overhead*** :tantrum:

He's seems good at networking, leveraging one association against the other. That night, the guy he gave the hamstring to, he may have instinctively not needed in the way, thoughtlessly. The way people do things then seem not to know why or tell themselves 'it wasn't me.' Did he go on to being contrite with the hamstring guy, as had been the case with the assault charge against the lawyer?

IIRC correctly the friend of JLM was there with another man and two women.

So that equals 3 guys and 2 girls. Statistically speaking its a certainty someone is walking away by themselves at the end of the night. ...unless youre at a swingers convention.

Hamstringing that guy "accidentally on-purpose" makes the odds much more favorable for JLM.

he was sophisticated enough to set up a fb profile and upload pictures of himself, He was also sophisticated to use myspace and upload pictures. He is sophisticated enough to disappear a girl without leaving a trail.

yet he is not sophisticated enough to google "black" and replace his profile picture???

he was sophisticated enough to set up a fb profile and upload pictures of himself, He was also sophisticated to use myspace and upload pictures. He is sophisticated enough to disappear a girl without leaving a trail.

yet he is not sophisticated enough to google "black" and replace his profile picture???

He likely had advise from a lawyer friend to remove it

I am from cville and the blonde kids in the photos are my niece/nephew who were best friends to lj and will remain convinced he did nothing wrong
Lj and my nephew moved my piano once and I was shocked how strong the two of them were to be able to move this massive instrument up stairs without more help

Well, I'm sorry that your family has this connection and that your niece and nephew might end up finding out they are wrong. I can understand how people would want to believe in their friend, I admire that in them. If it was my childhood friend who was in this situation I'd probably believe the best of them until the very, very end.

Well, I'm sorry that your family has this connection and that your niece and nephew might end up finding out they are wrong. I can understand how people would want to believe in their friend, I admire that in them. If it was my childhood friend who was in this situation I'd probably believe the best of them until the very, very end.

To be honest, the evidence as has been presented in media so far indicates that lj is guilty of multiple things. He had a lot of support from folks in cville so it's really sad to see this unfolding!! I am sure I have angered my nephew for any thoughts that LJ could be guilty... but the picture being painted is horrible. Having spent 28 years and Cville and seeing young woman after young woman disappearing, it will be a relief if the perp is stopped... even if that person is lj.

Paulup, how do think LJ turned from being so sweet to being a killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611