JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Stupid" is a fuzzy term, a subjective one. Someone stupid to you, may not be to someone else. He is stupid, IMO. Too stupid to man up and understand that his behavior in high school needed to change. Even after getting thrown out of college and losing his football, his college status, a chance at a degree, he still didn't get it and continued his behavior. Even a second time didn't do it. Still acts like an oaf, like a dog in heat around women in public venues and is looking for pickups and "getting lucky". Yes, I think that is stupid behavior, though there are many, many who engage in it. His friends, family could have helped him black out his FB picture. Should have closed the account IMO. He ran away and was caught so quickly, it makes my head spin. Yes, stupid. I'm sure his attorney told him to sit tight and not make any waves and he caused a tidal one.

That he is stupid, an oaf, a boor is one thing. The scary thing is that he may also be evil. It wasn't stupidity that caused him to abduct, assail, rape, kill people, if he so did. That is pure evil regardless of any underlying issues he might have in terms of hit in the head from football, injuries, depression, learning disabilities, etc. Doesn't matter. Danger to other, deadly in fact and has to be put away, if he indeed did those things.

Sex offenders never change. No matter how much their behavior negatively affects their lives. Their urge is all they think of and all they care about. And no matter what treatment or penalties they get, they always go back to it. Just one reason any sex offense should hold an even higher penalty than it does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.newser.com/story/196439/jesse-matthew-was-hiding-in-age-old-hiding-spot.html

Can we brainstorm just for a moment?

JM was "hiding in plain sight" in Texas (he certainly was here).

JM was found on a mass grave of a serial killer.

There was only one road in.

Perhaps he is well versed on serial killers and their techniques. Perhaps THAT was his hobby.

Perhaps Hannah is hidden in plain sight.

Perhaps there is more significance to this than we think/give him credit for.

He was a competitor - football, wrestling. He was good. He was co-captain, he was voted "Charlottesville's Best Athlete," he was given a football scholarship to college. He was a winner.

What if he's trying to "win" at this "sport?" What would he have to DO, what would he have to get away with, to make him better than all the rest, to give him (in his mind) that Superbowl ring he wanted so badly?

Hello. First time poster here.
Your idea that he is versed on serial killers gave me chills. With all of the remote places in our country to hide, he chose the Bolivar Peninsula. That had to be purposeful. Dean Corll abducted, sexually assaulted, and killed 28 victims. Many he buried there. I am thinking JM knew the history of the site. I am starting to believe that his other decisions were purposeful and had meaning to him too. I certainly think he knew what he was doing.

Your idea that he is versed on serial killers gave me chills. With all of the remote places in our country to hide, he chose the Bolivar Peninsula. That had to be purposeful. Dean Corll abducted, sexually assaulted, and killed 28 victims. Many he buried there. I am thinking JM knew the history of the site. I am starting to believe that his other decisions were purposeful and had meaning to him too. I certainly think he knew what he was doing.

Welcome to Ws, WhoDoneIt, thanks for the great post!

Debra Carr Matthew retained custody of Jesse and his younger sister, Latasha. Court records show Jesse Matthew Sr., with a history of public intoxication arrests and one misdemeanor indecent exposure conviction, was living an hour away in Farmville and owed several thousand dollars in support.

Has that area been searched? Are there any unsolved cases there?

I did a little research on other missing cases the other night and one that stood out to me was La-teasha Lamone Brooks, who went missing in Farmville on 8/29/02. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brooks_la-teasha.html

It does make sense to me that he could have driven Hannah's body several hours away in the early hours of the morning. If he did, I don't think he'd go north towards DC or east toward Richmond -- too populated. So that would leave west or south, which would fit if he was seen in a Nelson Co grocery store.

In November of 2009-Morgan's T-shirt was found in the middle of town in plain sight.

Corll was part of a murder torture group and killed teens.
From Google Search:
Double Life Of Corll Begins To Unravel . - Google News
news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1346&dat...id...
Google News
HOUSTON Dean Arnold Corll, identified as the leader of a torture ring that ... Corll kept to himself; to his neighbors and co-workers he was a polite, quiet and ... Six others were dug out of the sand at Bolivar Peninsula, a remote stretch of beach ...

In College, when he was accused of rape, one article referred to JLM Jr and "another student" being involved.

His friends, family could have helped him black out his FB picture. Should have closed the account IMO.

I Googled: "How to blackout Facebook profile picture" and found this:
https://www.facebook.com/save11/posts/217375084958867

JM could have easily followed these steps. Also interesting that the blackout instructions were posted by FB to "to raise awareness of teen driving deaths," and gave further info: "To see how you can help save teen lives too."

him eating lunch alone... Even with all the evidence LE appears to have, they need more!

Depending what time his court hearing was on Wednesday, he wasn't at work when the LE showed up for his car on Thursday, was definitely not at work Friday. My impression was that it wasn't one day he was eating lunch alone so he was at work either Monday or Tuesday or both. We'll know at trial.

I believe JM would have felt "safe" hiding HG's body in a similar spot to where Morgan's body was found. Since MH wasn't found for months, and JM was never arrested for that murder, maybe he figured there was no need to change anything about where to leave a body. He had been successful at least once... maybe even felt cocky about not getting caught.

I don't think he planned an abduction/ sexual assault the night he took HG, I think it evolved into that. If HG resisted his advances, I believe JM became enraged, attacked, killed, and found himself needing to hide a body. I think he left her where he attacked her. (as much as I hate to type that)

I Googled: "How to blackout Facebook profile picture" and found this:
https://www.facebook.com/save11/posts/217375084958867

JM could have easily followed these steps. Also interesting that the blackout instructions were posted by FB to "to raise awareness of teen driving deaths," and gave further info: "To see how you can help save teen lives too."

Just me, but if I wanted to black out my facebook photos, I would take a picture of something black (or just close up of anything) and replace my photos with that photo. His Facebook pics were changed the Saturday he spoke to police, on the 20th. One was changed at 2:52 pm, and the other at 3:04 pm. I wonder if he was at police station at 2:52 pm and if he changed pics after realizing police suspected him, and had not cleared him. If he had changed those pics the day before (when police took his car to search), that would have looked suspicious. jmo

Just Some Random Thoughts on the possibility that, at least sometimes, JLM Jr worked in conjunction with another or others:
When MH's remains were discovered, State Police began to converge on Anchorage Farm. As the discovery was about to unfold, a fire in a North Garden/Red Hill farmhouse, rented by Piedmont Virginia Community College students (iirc it was one female and at least two males), went up in flames. One of the housemates left the country on a boat trip and IIRC had a dog that managed to escape the fire. All of the residents managed to escape the fire before the house practically burnt to the ground. There was talk that there was no one at the home because they had been in the process of moving out...in late January.... hummmmmmmmm

Also, the fire department was called two times within several hours to the same address. It was determined to be a "suspicious fire."

In addition, (this is all from memory) at least one of the occupants had taken an overnight round-trip drive to the Philadelphia area either the night after Morgan disappeared or on the day of the fire, I can't remember which...If memory serves me there were three people in the sedan and they returned to Virginia either in a different car or without the car they left in. The fire was investigated because of the timing and the proximity of where MH was found.

Now, we know JLM Jr went to PVCC, he had a girlfriend after MH went missing, he was very familiar with Red Hill/North Garden and we know he had a dog. We are also hearing that he hung out at the Lovingston Liberty/McDonald and may have been spotted in the Amherst IGA after Hannah Graham went missing.

The morning after another high profile victim disappeared, there were reports that she was seen in Amherst the evening she disappeared. She was said to have been in a car with one or two blonde females. Her convicted killer was also seen in and around the Amherst area the morning after her disappearance. His detailed SUV was said to have been "covered in mud." He also stole an ATV the day before the victim (we can't discuss here) went missing. He has said there was another AA male in his residence with the victim the night she disappeared. There was also a "suspicious fire" in IIRC, an abandoned building off of Rt 29 near Lovingston within hours of the first searches for the victim.

If anyone has the time, perhaps someone can research those two fires and see if there were any, in the general vicinity, on the night of or the day after Hannah Graham disappear.

I am a psychology major with intent to focus on abnormal Psych and become a criminal psychologist. IMO we should look at these 3 specific personality disorders and see how much of each personality disorderdisorder fits in regards to Know 1) narcissistic personality disorder 2) histrionic personality disorder 3) antisocial personality disorder. I'm also going to throw in borderline personality disorder because IMO he has a couple characteristics of that as well. Also remember Ted Bundy was diagnosed with antisocial pd and narcissistic pd. I will include links to each disorder on my next post.

I searched this thread and did not see any real discussion of the clothes JM was wearing the night HG went missing. Have we talked about this in another thread?

In the camera clips from the Downtown Mall shopkeepers, JM was clearly wearing big baggy shorts and a flowing top--both appear to be pure white in color. But earlier in the evening at a bar, a friend of JM's took a photo of him with a different girl (whose face was blacked out in the photo). In that photo JM was clearly not wearing a white outfit. He had on a blue & white checkered shirt with a burgundy/purple T-shirt underneath it.

So when did JM change his clothes that evening? And why did he change into a white outfit after he pestered those two women in a bar, but before he stalked HG?

I searched this thread and did not see any real discussion of the clothes JM was wearing the night HG went missing. Have we talked about this in another thread?

In the camera clips from the Downtown Mall shopkeepers, JM was clearly wearing big baggy shorts and a flowing top--both appear to be pure white in color. But earlier in the evening at a bar, a friend of JM's took a photo of him with a different girl (whose face was blacked out in the photo). In that photo JM was clearly not wearing a white outfit. He had on a blue & white checkered shirt with a burgundy/purple T-shirt underneath it.

So when did JM change his clothes that evening? And why did he change into a white outfit after he pestered those two women in a bar, but before he stalked HG?

That video is in black & white with very low contrast, so the pattern on his shirt does not show up. Look at the small trees there -- they look white also. And there's a sign on the fence that looks almost totally gray -- I'm sure there is something printed on it that doesn't show up (I highly doubt that they edited to blur it out, since they left all of the people's faces in). Almost everyone else in the video looks like they are wearing white.

Saturday, September 20—
After midnight First Search warrant JM's Car​
3 people at house :Orange car confiscated
5:45 AM Search warrant House​
JM not there
Early/mid afternoon Charlottesville Police Station with family members, speaks to lawyer - hired James Camblos​
3.04PM changes fb picture​
5.00PM last seen (wanted poster) Went to parent's (or grandmother's) home and took off with mother in the car.​
1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.
Press conference- appeal for black male, 32 years old, 6ft 2’ ,270 lb, with dreadlocks as a person of interest
JM named as person of interest

What some amazing sleuths pulled this together.

What some amazing sleuths pulled this together.

hey. The bit of timeline you posted has some errors...it was late when I made it up. I've since corrected them, here's the most recent one posted

Jesse Matthew-TIMELINE:
Saturday,September 13
1:45 A.M.—Walking away from Tempo​
****needs source was he at football training Saturday,September 13?
****needs source Possibly working at UVA medical centre
In possession of a burnt orange 1998 Chrysler coupe

Sunday 14 5-6PM HG reported missing

Monday 15 ****needs source Possibly working at UVA medical centre
Police begin search for Hannah

Tuesday 16 ****needs source Possibly working at UVA medical centre

Wednesday 17
PRESS CONFERENCE: September 17, 2014 :

Thursday 18 Last time Landlord saw JM

Friday 19
After midnight First Search warrant JM's Car​
3 people at house : Orange car confiscated
5:45 AM Search warrant House​
JM not there
PRESS CONFERENCE: September 19, 2014 : We have reason to believe she inside a bar on the mall, with an individual who lived on Hessian Hill Way,” Longo said. Appeal for black male, 32 years old, 6ft 2’ ,270 lb, with dreadlocks as a person of interest. http://wtvr.com/2014/09/19/dreadlocked-man-went-into-bar-with-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham/

Saturday, September 20—

Early/mid afternoon Charlottesville Police Station with family members, speaks to lawyer - hired James Camblos​
3.04PM changes fb picture​
Went to parent's (or grandmother's) home and took off with mother in the car.​
JM named as person of interest by Daily mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
warrants for wreckless driving were issued September 20 at 9:10 and 9:12 pm.

Sunday 21— 1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.
5.00PM last seen (wanted poster 21st??? this could be an error as warrants for wreckless driving were already issued and should be 20th)
PRESS CONFERENCE: September 21, 2014: JM confirmed as poi. Cville Police Chief says arrest warrants have been issued for Jesse Matthew for reckless driving.

Monday 22—
Afternoon LUMBERTON, Texas
Authorities are looking at surveillance video and other evidence that indicates Jesse Matthew was in the Hardin County area on Monday.http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/09/25/jesse-matthew-spotted-in-lumberton-monday/16231403/
Matthew checked in Monday afternoon at Village Creek State Park and rented a tent space under an assumed name. only stayed a few hours
8.pm Taco Bell LUMBERTON​
Police executed a new search warrant at his home
forensic evidence from Matthew’s car and home came back to police, a felony arrest warrant was issued.
****needs source (10 am Tiger Truck Stop in Baton Rouge, La (borrowed phonehe called his fathers home put gas, and then sped off http://www.cbsnews.com/news/restaurant-staff-missing-u-va-student-could-barely-walk/)

Tuesday—, September 23
PRESS CONFERENCE: September 23, 2014Arrest warrant for Jesse Matthew charging him with abduction and intent to defile came late this afternoon. Commonwealth found reasonable cause for warrant of Jesse Leroy Matthew for Class 2 Abduction with intent to defile

Wednesday—, September 24— Press conference:
Arrested on Galveston Island.​

Friday, September 26—
Returned to Charlottesville​

please correct and add
(Louisiana to Virginia call?)
From Google Maps: On I-59 Charlottesville to Galveston Island-Drive Time 19.5 hours
Police estimate he had spent two nights on the beach on Galveston Island
the man who gave him a fish
work-A co-worker at UVa said Matthew’s demeanor changed the week after Graham disappeared. Typically jovial, she said, Matthew became reserved, and began taking his lunch break alone. http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/m...cle_9e585d74-445d-11e4-a6da-0017a43b2370.html
times of other warrants/sightings
was he at football training Saturday,September 13
everything else

I’ve included cars and possible sightings. Perhaps it might help jog memories to fill in gaps. Where you in the areas? Call LE

Great points! Those gas purchases would be crucial in determining JLMs range that night. Given the state of his car, I doubt it got very good gas mileage to begin with.

He paid with a debit card all night at Tempo so assuming he continued with that it should be fairly easy to track the purchases he made.

Absolutely brilliant on the oil change and mileage sticker as well Emma.

Wow, good point about the gas/debit card. That may be why LE believes HG's body is nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member