JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was seen returning to his apt Saturday afternoon, missed a morning football meeting (13th), after leaving the night before with Hannah Graham. There's an update timeline posted #858 and much more information on the main through the main thread you may find useful.

I haven't seen any information on his known whereabouts on 9/13. If that's true, that changes the search parameters dramatically. Link? It's not on or in the timeline.

Here's another link regarding JM's assault victim and JM's anger when the victim attempted to dial 911.

I don't think it's so much he flies into a rage when victims use their phones, but in this case he was angered because the man was calling the police.

This was only 4 months before he killed Morgan. Now I have to wonder if he'd attacked someone that summer and didn't want any police contact. Looking back on it, I don't think he was contrite and I don't believe he was stiffed by fares (his excuse for his violent behavior). IMO his depressed demeanor the attorney described stemmed from him believing if convicted on the felony charge, he'd have to submit to DNA testing and police would know he was the one who committed the Fairfax rape and attempted murder. He's manipulative enough to convince the CA and victim to drop the charges.

All JMO of course.

FindHG said he had been seen at his apartment on 9/13 afternoon and it was on the timeline. Just trying to clarify, but I don't think even LE knows where he was 9/13, 9/14, or 9/15.

Timeline:
Saturday,September 13
1:45 A.M.—Walking away from Tempo
****needs source was he at football training Saturday,September 13?
****needs source Possibly working at UVA medical centre
In possession of a burnt orange 1998 Chrysler coupe
1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.

Also a thought, maybe he'd targeted a potential victim and the attorney unknowingly thwarted the attack.

Also a thought, maybe he'd targeted a potential victim and the attorney unknowingly thwarted the attack.
I will have to go back and find the link, but the victim says JLM followed him and claimed Wilke had cut him off near Scott stadium. Wilke eventually pulled over with JLM pulling in front and blocking his car. Angry JLM confronted Wilke. Wilke tried calling police and JLM knocked phone out of his hand and punched Wilke in the face (not sure which came first - - punch or phone damage). Suddenly contrite, JLM drives Wilke to ER. Charges are dropped the following April, soon after the media announced that the shirt found on 15th Street belonged to MH and had DNA on it that matched Fairfax rape victim.

JLM Jr being involved? Corll died in 1973 and was a homosexual.

I think it stemmed from people wondering if he followed serial killer cases.

I clicked through that site. There are regularly scheduled walks along the trails the second Sunday of each month. Did he familiarize himself with that area? Did he leave Hannah there knowing she would be discovered? There are various other planned activities as well. He must have had a reason for visiting the web page. Wonder what his reason was?

I would think his reason would be quite the opposite of wanting her to be discovered there. If anything, he'd want to familiarize himself with the areas that are regularly hiked so that he doesn't dump anyone there. Why hide a body if you want it to be found? Just leave it on the side of a road, that's all it would take.

No, he doesn 't want Hannah found.

Yeah, and being more than 15 years out of high school, I see that the "dream dies hard" for some of my idiot acquaintances. Perhaps you are right, perhaps he has never moved on from those glory years.

Maybe football season makes him realize he will never again be a star in that game, or in any other aspect of his life.
A feeling of worthlessness might trigger his rage, or a need to prove himself as a man.

I so agree with this. There are too many coinky-dinks with dates of rapes & abductions.

I sure hope they took a blacklight to his dreds. As a girl whose SO had dreds for years I can tell you that everything stays in them. You really cannot wash them really well. If blood came into contact with them, or they got blood splashed in them, it would stick around longer than regular shampoo able hair. I was always b*tching About the dreds until he lopped them off.

FindHG said he had been seen at his apartment on 9/13 afternoon and it was on the timeline. Just trying to clarify, but I don't think even LE knows where he was 9/13, 9/14, or 9/15.

Timeline:
Saturday,September 13

*nod* I recall either hearing or reading, but more likely, reporting @ Hessian Hills apt, that people at the complex hadn't seen him before Saturday afternoon, or maybe the first person who saw him, maybe even the landlady. I may be totally off though. Heard it around the search, first warrant time. Looking for it. It was at night, so makes sense it would've been the night outside JM's place.

Haven't read anything on whether JLM had a cellphone. If he did, there would have been a ping trail.

The suggestion that there are several areas nominated in the search for Hannah Graham would perhaps indicate that he didn't.

I read in an article in the last couple of days that he borrowed a cell phone when he was on the way to TX. So if he had his own, I wonder if he was aware that they could trace it.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/30/jesse-matthew-coworker-harrington-graham-link-hard-to-hear/

A federal law enforcement source confirmed a phone call made from a borrowed cell phone in Louisiana, to Virginia, is how police first discovered Jesse Matthew was out of the state and on the run.

I sure hope they took a blacklight to his dreds. As a girl whose SO had dreds for years I can tell you that everything stays in them. You really cannot wash them really well. If blood came into contact with them, or they got blood splashed in them, it would stick around longer than regular shampoo able hair. I was always b*tching About the dreds until he lopped them off.

I believe you are so right! I used to work closely w/ a guy w/ dreads and he was a neat and clean guy. He (his body) always was clean and freshly showered, but - not to be ugly - his head/hair stunk. I always wondered if it was that he couldn't clean his hair well. It was very hard to be close to him for a long period of time.

ETA: I am sure some people w/ dreads have no problems keeping their hair clean. My example was only to show that SOME people may have trouble keeping them clean. Perhaps JM may have trouble w/ his hair.

I believe you are so right! I used to work closely w/ a guy w/ dreads and he was a neat and clean guy. He (his body) always was clean and freshly showered, but - not to be ugly - his head/hair stunk. I always wondered if it was that he couldn't clean his hair well. It was very hard to be close to him for a long period of time.
I suspect there is evidence in that twisted hair too and maybe even more than in his beat up old car. Dreads are like a mop, they pick up everything.

Ok...stupid question. . .would LE need a warrant to search his dreads? They could probably easily get one. . .but I'm just wondering how that would work. :confused:

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Ok...stupid question. . .would LE need a warrant to search his dreads? They could probably easily get one. . .but I'm just wondering how that would work. :confused:

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
I've been wondering that same thing for over a week, now. God knows what they might find in that hair. I also wonder when the last time he had someone straighten them up or re-do them. Usually, they are taken apart, the hair is washed and they are either re-done or a new style is chosen, right? Or is it different from braids and corn rows. Do dreads need to just be cut off?

Timeline:
Saturday,September 13

Honing in, if I actually saw it:
Close to it: Presser from 24th
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_3be90cce-4133-11e4-a8c4-0017a43b2370.html
Pretty sure it was Lorenzo Hall, from here, but I can't find the broadcast (night-time outside apts)
http://wtvr.com/2014/09/23/jesse-ma...duction-of-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham/

I was working on updating a few things on the timeline today and was looking at some of the court cases again. A few things I noticed/wondered about:

8/10/11 - Driving while suspended - 2nd offense (so when was the first offense??)
8/19/11 - Continued
9/6/11 - continued
11/7/11 - Finalized
FInal Disposition: Guilty
Sentence Time: 60 days
Suspended Sentence: 60 days
License Suspension Time: 30 days

8/27/11 - charged with driving while suspended (but this was longer than 30 days after the above charge??)
9/2/11 - continued
9/13/11 - continued
10/17/11 - continued
12/16/11 - finalized
Final Disposition: Guilty
Sentence Time: 00 Months 30 Days 00 Hours Sentence Suspended Time: 00 Months 26 Days 22 Hours
Operator License Suspension Time: 30 Days

9/22/12 Driving under suspended license (again, this is longer than 30 days after above??)
9/28/12 - continued
10/23/12 - continued
11/27/12 -continued
12/4/12 - finalized
Sentence Time: 90 Days
Sentence Suspended Time: 90 Days
License Suspension Time: 30 days

So there has to be more charges that we do not have where his license was suspended correct?

Found these charges I did not have on the timeline:
10/2/09 - Speeding
11/24/09 - continued
12/22/09 - continued
1/26/10 - finalized
Charges dismissed

2/6/14 - hearing for 12/27/13 traffic charges

I DID find a charge from Charlottesville from 2004. So he was in Charlottesville for at least the beginning of 2004:
6/17/04 - Failure to obey traffic signal
8/5/04 - Hearing for above charge - (guilty in absentia)

Also - found the play-off date of the Silverbacks in 2012 - They played (and lost) 10/20/12 - not sure if this was home or away but they played a team from Arbutus, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper