Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dildo left where? The crime scene? Where's a pic of it.
Thank you kindly

Nope. Someone posted just above that it's a bodybugg. It's in 165 of 180 of the photos on hln. The link to that is above, too.

That sounds right. Juan probably just mentioned the 3rd gas can and just to throw him off she said no, she returned it to Wal-Mart. JM wouldn't let up and he led her right down her path of lies. Now she has to stick to it, although I will bet now she will use some of Dr. S's explanations for those lies.

I think Juan mentioned the 3rd gas can because it's mathematically pretty obvious she had 3 gas cans, plus he has a receipt that shows she purchased a 3rd gas can on June 3.

I don't think he thought Jodi would lie about this, and that is why there were no business records from Walmart and Tesoro before Jodi lied about this on the stand.

As of yet, we do not have clear evidence that the third purchase in SLC was gasoline ..although the recent pleadings suggest that is the case.

There's really no way she did not have 3 gas cans. She filled up in Mesquite, NV after the murder, and she filled up in SLC and filled the two 5-gallon tanks, even if you ignore the third purchase. That means that the two extra tanks were empty in SLC and had been used somewhere between Pasadena and Mesquite, NV.

She could not have gotten all the way to Mesquite, NV on a tank of gas and two 5-gallon cans -- if she didn't stop for gas, she would have needed 3 extra cans; and she couldn't have gotten gas in Buckeye or Desert Center like she testified, because then she would not have needed to use the extra cans, and they would not have been empty in SLC.

WE DO!!! YEAH!!! It came out last night.

I won't explain this as well as others here already have, but IMO, since the stabbings came first, that would blow her entire story of remembering only the gun shot - since that came LAST, not first.
How could she remember taking the pics, loose the memories of the stabbing, then start to remember again when she shot him? Both events were necessarily stressful.
Doesn't work.

In continuing to beat a dead horse, I would suggest that JA opted for the gun shot first story in order to invoke her global amnesia and to mitigate the “heinous “ aspect of the crime.

JA was not sure the gun was loaded. The gun shot therefore was an ACCIDENT. TA continued his attack after the gunshot thus maintaining the “imminent threat of death”. Her subsequent knife attack was “defensive” although not remembered.

Based on the “gunshot first” theory, JA current story is a complete fabrication. None of what she claims remotely resembles the truth.

SYNOPSIS of GUNSHOT FIRST
JA shot first. TA was stunned but managed to arise.
JA panics and lets loose with the frontal knife attacks on an erect TA. TA sustains defensive wounds.

TA stands in front of bathroom mirror. JA initiates a ferocious knife attack to TA’s backside.

The melee moves down the hallway. TA stumbles and crawls. JA then performs the coup de grace.

BBM

That's the only reason the DT have him testifying- he provides the umbrella of justification for everything.

Gunshot/29 stab wounds/throat slash? PTSD/fog/Global amnesia.

Cover up & behavior after the murder? PTSD/fog/Global amnesia.

I wasn't there/intruders/tv interviews/no jury will convict me? PTSD/fog/Global amnesia.

Unless the jury is made up of the 18 most clueless speed bumps EVER assembled, they'll see right through it.

I was watching JA when Dr. S was testfying and she was just soaking it all in. Now she will have an excuse for EVERYTHING. She was making mental and written notes the whole time.

BBM - IIRC, someone posted here that the car had a 13.5 gallon capacity if it was a 2008 model Ford Focus or a 14 gallon capacity if it was a 2007 model.

Damn. It becomes a problem if we don't know the exact capacity of the car. At 14 gallons, she has a way around it. Claim she was driving on fumes when she got to the station and that she filled two gas cans to the brim (I think it's possible for two cans to hold 11 gallons).

I wonder if those are the journals that Jodi had taken. Not completely sure they are "journals" like Jodi's journals though - I think I read somewhere that they may be drafts of his autobiography that he was writing and things along those lines. I do hope we get to see some of Travis' own words.

Many of his words are found here: http://travisalexander.blogspot.com/

Sadly, his annual payment for the http://www.travisalexander.net/ URL was not made and so his ownership of that domain lapsed after JA torture-murdered him.

Damn. It becomes a problem if we don't know the exact capacity of the car. At 14 gallons, she has a way around it. Claim she was driving on fumes when she got to the station and that she filled two gas cans to the brim (I think it's possible for two cans to hold 11 gallons).

IIRC JM said it held 12 gallons

I AGREE! Thank you! My sticking point is that JA planned this murder out in her mind (gas cans, rental car, cell phone turned off, license plates, alibi, etc.) but she would rely on the ONE weapon that could be essentially traced back to her in a DOCUMENTED POLICE REPORT? A .25 handgun stolen from her grandparents? A "woman's gun" that would turn the attention to a female killer?" Phooey!

No, she never intended to actually USE it. It was an "in case" weapon, just as you stated. The stabbing just wasn't as easy as she thought it would be, certainly not as easy as slashing 12 tires. She had experience with knives, probably more than she had with guns. I believe she thought she could use it MORE efficiently. :twocents:

Lots of knife action in one of Jodi's favorite movies - House of Flying Daggers. Bet she watched it over and over in preparation.

WE DO!!! YEAH!!! It came out last night.

I mean evidence that has been presented at trial. So far we have Juan's strong suggestion and an email forwarded to Nurmi from Tesoro stating that all three purchases were for gas. I want to see the actual evidence, and then I'll quit holding my breath :)

I mean evidence that has been presented at trial. So far we have Juan's strong suggestion and an email forwarded to Nurmi from Tesoro stating that all three purchases were for gas. I want to see the actual evidence, and then I'll quit holding my breath :)
I'll find the link for you. Juan got an e-mail from Tesco? stating all three purchases were for gasoline.

Let your breath out!!

Disgusting. They allow some sleazeball to quote an irrelevant time magazine article and misuse the research on PTSD and reduced hippocampal (it's due to alcohol abuse not stress), but they object to this?

I respectfully disagree with your characterization of a reduced hippocampus size only due to alcohol abuse. The hippocampus, a brain area associated with memory and stress was about 6% smaller on average in veterans with chronic PTSD vs. Recovered veterans. A study done at the University of California-San Francisco on veterans of the recent wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Gulf Wars showed this. The study appeared in the 3/15/2011 issue of Biological Psychiatry. Many studies have been done on animals that were exposed to stress which showed reduced hippocampi as well.

Alcoholism is a contributory factor in some, but it is not the absolute cause of memory problems associated with PTSD.

It's still impossible because she would not have been running on fumes -- she filled up in Mesquite, NV, and she needed less than 12 gallons of gas to get from there to SLC, via West Jordan.

ETA - she was not counting on Juan ever figuring out that she filled up in Mesquite, NV. And IIRC, she claimed fognesia about when or if she put gas in the car after the murder.

IIRC posters here said that particuliar gas station sells only gas at that time of morning.. like 4 am
They showed the gas staions information.

I'll find the link for you. Juan got an e-mail from Tesco? stating all three purchases were for gasoline.

Let your breath out!!

I know, I know -- It's just the skeptic in me or whatever, but I won't feel totally and completely satisfied about it until there is admissible evidence presented at trial showing that the 3 purchases were all gasoline.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that is what happened. I just don't want to get ahead of what has actually happened in court. Too many variables to rely on it as a done deal.

I respectfully disagree with your characterization of a reduced hippocampus size only due to alcohol abuse. The hippocampus, a brain area associated with memory and stress was about 6% smaller on average in veterans with chronic PTSD vs. Recovered veterans. A study done at the University of California-San Francisco on veterans of the recent wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Gulf Wars showed this. The study appeared in the 3/15/2011 issue of Biological Psychiatry. Many studies have been done on animals that were exposed to stress which showed reduced hippocampi as well.

Alcoholism is a contributory factor in some, but it is not the absolute cause of memory problems associated with PTSD.

I don't think the veteran studies controlled for alcohol abuse (which is high in veterans). I linked to a study that did and it found no strong association with PTSD and reduced hippocampus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro