Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say Matt M will show up in rebuttal. Either he himself or some kind of proof will be shown about all that.... and who knows what else. I can't imagine Juan bringing that up and dropping it with no further explanation if there weren't more to come. :twocents:

IMO Juan was taunting her about MM. He knows MM is on the defense witness list and knew just how he was going to destroy him on cross if they took the risk of calling him. And if they don't call him, Juan's going to bring it up on closing, how "Jodi's witness" to the alleged dv bruising did not testify.

It's still impossible because she would not have been running on fumes -- she filled up in Mesquite, NV, and she needed less than 12 gallons of gas to get from there to SLC, via West Jordan.

She testified to taking that route? And how much gas would she have had by the time she arrived at the station, by your estimate?

This question was about Samuels' testimony and his opinion about premeditation vs. "crime of passion" and whether such testimony, if allowed, could lead to a lesser charge like manslaughter or 2nd degree murder.

First of all, I don't think the testimony would be allowed, but I believe there will likely be jury instructions on a lesser included charge. The judge has to give jury instructions on any lesser included offenses that are supported at all by the evidence, if either side requests the instruction.

I think there will be a manslaughter instruction because of Jodi's testimony that she didn't mean to shoot him even though she pointed a gun at him to "stop him." I have not really heard any testimony from her that fits second degree murder, so we'll see what else comes in and what the attorneys argue in their charging conference. I do not think Samuels' testimony will impact whether or not a lesser included charge is given as a jury instruction though.

bbm

What about the 29 stab wounds, surely they can't be considered negligent or unintentional?

IIRC JM said it held 12 gallons

He did speculate to her that it held about 12 gallons. He may have wanted to see if she'd correct him to determine if she had precisely done the math in her head. Edmunds.com shows 13.5 gallons for a 2008 model and 14 gallons for a 2007 model.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus/2008/features-specs.html

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus/2007/features-specs.html

I don't put any credence in her "running on fumes" testimony or any of her testimony, for that matter. Psychopaths and narcissists tend to exaggerate their own circumstances for even mundane situations. Every situation is more dire for them. I think she had plenty of gas with three gas cans and was probably never on fumes. But it served her purpose for the jury to think she was. MOO

It could be but, I did notice the picture before and after it looked like it was of Travis' home. That is what makes me think it is his home, but I don't know. I am very curious about that picture.

I agree that it is Travis' home. I thought the grandparent's home had siding not stucco.

She testified to taking that route? And how much gas would she have had by the time she arrived at the station, by your estimate?

She did not testify to that -- it was revealed in her bank statement. She paid over $40 for gas in Mesquite, NV, but conveniently didn't keep that with her stack of alibi receipts.

So she put at least ten gallons of gas in her car in Mesquite -- and it's safe to assume she filled up because it wasn't a prepay and it wasn't an exact amount for the purchase. It really depends on when she used the extra cans to add gas to her tank and how much she used. But if she filled up in Mesquite, NV, she would have had at least a gallon of gas in her tank when she got to SLC ..she did not run out of gas.

Damn. It becomes a problem if we don't know the exact capacity of the car. At 14 gallons, she has a way around it. Claim she was driving on fumes when she got to the station and that she filled two gas cans to the brim (I think it's possible for two cans to hold 11 gallons).

But remember, her story was the gas using it so quickly. she had to stop twice before she went to Travis's.
Not!
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I don't think the veteran studies controlled for alcohol abuse (which is high in veterans). I linked to a study that did and it found no strong association with PTSD and reduced hippocampus.

However, there are many studies that found there were associations between PTSD and memory loss. There are many posters on here that have endured the same. The implication that those of us that do suffer memory loss and have chronic PTSD are ETOH abuses is simply untrue. I got your point the other day suggesting the same.

I know, I know -- It's just the skeptic in me or whatever, but I won't feel totally and completely satisfied about it until there is admissible evidence presented at trial showing that the 3 purchases were all gasoline.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that is what happened. I just don't want to get ahead of what has actually happened in court. Too many variables to rely on it as a done deal.

As I understand it, reps for both companies are now on the prosecution's witness list. Read it in the observers' thread.

I mean evidence that has been presented at trial. So far we have Juan's strong suggestion and an email forwarded to Nurmi from Tesoro stating that all three purchases were for gas. I want to see the actual evidence, and then I'll quit holding my breath :)

Are you in to erotica?:confused:

In continuing to beat a dead horse, I would suggest that JA opted for the gun shot first story in order to invoke her global amnesia and to mitigate the “heinous “ aspect of the crime.:deadhorse:

Respectfully and admiringly snipped and 'emoticonned' [claimed coinage] by me.

Spot On!

I've believed this was her strategy from the very beginning of the trial.

Ah so that is why he had his chair turn so visibly with his back to Jodi this week. Jeanine would be so proud that we recognize it!

Nurmi tried to get out of this case many times. In the end, the Judge said you can't, we are going to trial and that's that. (In so many words.) It is obvious that Nurmi feels uncomfortable with JA. And in the end, JA will throw him and Willmont under the bus, just like she did everyone else, and they know it. It is JA's style. So he is doing the best he can, know that she is a liar, and he may find himself defending himself from JA's accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070