Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What always struck me about CA was just how tenacious she was - lying all the way down the hallway with detectives following her. :what:

This is the exact same actions Casey Anthony took as she lead detectives through the building at DisneyWorld as she was supposedly leading them to her nonexistant office.

The knife first scenario must put TA in a standing position. The ME report confirms the wounds to the chest came from a knife thrust that was horizontal and slightly upward. Thrusting a knife downward into the chest is NOT consistent with autopsy report. It is therefore unlikely that JA launched her assault while TA was in a sitting position – unlike the case that she shot him first.

A much larger and more physically able TA standing toe to toe with a knife bearing JA is problematic.

On its face TA in the standing position could have overwhelmed JA based on a mutual “fight or flight” reaction – especially since her initial onslaught depleted the element of surprise. Most of the TA chest wounds were shallow. Only one thrust entered the thorax and managed to cut the superior vena cava. It would take minutes and minutes before this sort of wound would have an effect on TA’s ability to maneuver and fight back. All the back wounds were superficial and non-life threatening.

Finally I personally cannot entirely understand why JA – after having butchered him, after his near lifeless body has yielded some 4 liters of blood that spilled out on the bathroom and bedroom floor, after taking note of her bloody and wounded hands and her bloody clothes – would think:

“OH GOSH!!!! Here I brought this little gun with me!! What should I do now?
Hmmmm. . . .let’s see; I will take this gun out of my ?pocket, *advertiser censored* it and put a round into TA’s head. That sounds like a neat thing to do!! “

"After all I don't want a loaded gun that I carried all the way from Yreka to Mesa to go to waste!!!"

That is why I always thought gun first, too. Seems he would have had to be standing to get the heart wound. And using the gun last didn't make sense to me either.

That is why my theory now is she went at him with the knife in the shower. She got him a few places, including the hands. He stands up to push his way out, and that is when she plunges the knife through to the heart.

I think she shot him at the sink while he was leaning over, coughing. He didn't die fast enough from the knife wounds.

ETA - or she did plan on using the gun first, something just happened that made that plan not work. Shot at sink instead.

Don't you know it must have been torture, knowing that there was about to be this diabolical explosion in the lives of everyone around him, but having to just sit on her hands all that time. I'm sure she never imagined it would take that long for his body to be discovered.

I honestly feel she thought he would be found that night or the next day when he was to leave with others for Cancun. I think she thought Mimi would find him that night to talk with him about leaving for Cancun the next day. It would have been horrendous for Mimi to have found his body when she was all alone. Maybe JA thought this was also a way to get back at Mimi.

I believe the precise spec is about 11.7 with about a 2 gallon reserve, give or take a gallon.

That's close enough to 12 gallons for me.

Wanna pick nits?

There are other factors affecting the amount of fuel which can be pumped prior to overflow:

• How empty is the tank?
  • What is the temperature of the vehicle's tank and fill tube?
  • What is the temperature of the station's underground tank and pump/hose mechanism?
  • How accurate is the pump's calibration/meter and its consistency over time?
  • Is the engine running?
  • Did the prior customer empty the hose such that it required re-priming?
  • Did she fill only the tank or the fill tube as well?
  • How rapidly did she pump, especially toward the end of the fill?
  • And more...

ooops forget it

And who's hair is this?

It's short and curly?

Pubic hair??

Attachments

• 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 51
Ok, I did the math again. Assuming that she had at least one gallon of gas left over at the station in Utah, she would have had 12.3 gallons after maxing out the rental car's tank capacity. That would leave 4 gallons per three 5 gallon gas tanks (consistent with her claim that she didn't fill them to the brim because of the heat).

A way to really nail her down is the answer to this question -- could one of her 5 gallon tanks hold 6 gallons of gas?

There are about 3 different ways to circumstantially prove that she had to have had 3 cans of gas -- it can also be proved that she lied about getting gas in Desert Center and Buckeye, and there is no way for her to explain where she used the extra cans before SLC.

However, it is convoluted and technical and hopefully the Tesoro rep will make it very easy to understand when he testifies that Jodi made 3 gas purchases that could not have fit in her tank and 2 extra cans.

Even if that somehow gets messed up - it's pretty easy to prove that she did not get gas in Buckeye and Desert Center, like she testified.

Ok, what is your peeps opinions on this?

There is a shaving brush in this photo but no razor.

My straight razor theory flows in again... :banghead:
Men that use a straight razor, or a bic, or any other kind of razor beyond an electric one must put the lather one first. Travis simply choose to do it with a brush instead of his hands.
Arias testified he used a bic, but I believe she was just using the generic term for any double edged typical razor.
Are you thinking she used the straight razor to murder him?

Is there any evidence that shows that Travis had that shirt and underwear with his name on it made for her?

Because I can so see her doing this herself thinking it was cute..

I honestly feel she thought he would be found that night or the next day when he was to leave with others for Cancun. I think she thought Mimi would find him that night to talk with him about leaving for Cancun the next day. It would have been horrendous for Mimi to have found his body when she was all alone. Maybe JA thought this was also a way to get back at Mimi.

wasn't the Cancun trip a week after the murder on the 10th? I thought Mimi went over on the 9th to find out where he was because she couldn't reach him all week and they were due to leave the next day on the 10th?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I just showed my hubby how Jodi drinks her cup of water & he said immediately "That's how apes drink!"

Ok, what is your peeps opinions on this?

There is a shaving brush in this photo but no razor.

My straight razor theory flows in again... :banghead:

...but why would she need to use a straight razor after stabbing and cutting him more than two dozen times with a very effective-for-the-purpose sharp knife?

While she could have slashed and cut him with a straight razor, stabbing doesn't work that way. She used a murder implement with a sharp, pointed tip.

Looks like he's clearly using a modern disposable/refillable razor in this picture. Definitely not a straight razor.

Travis-shaving-shower-door-open-to-right.jpg

No reason to believe he'd recently changed.

JA testified that all she meant by old-fashioned was with shaving cream vs. electric shaver.

The simplest reasons that the gun shot came last is because of the ME and forensics. The ME testified that once he was shot he would either have died or been rendered incopacitated. We know he wasn't incopacitated during the attack because of the fact that he left the shower and got himself almost all the way down the hall and he also had defensive cuts on his hands and I believe one or more on an arm. We also know that he could not have been shot first because the shell casing fell into a pool of blood and there was no other blood dripped or sprayed on top of it. He HAD to have been stabbed first for these reasons.

For reference: medical examiner's testimony (starts about about a minute and a half into the video)...
Jodi Arias murder trial day 3. Please be warned, very graphic photos. Medical examiner on stand. - YouTube

Jodi is so adament that the shot came first otherwise she couldn't have claimed self-defense. She can't claim that he attacked her so she ran down to the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and ran BACK to the bathroom to defend herself since if she was able to get down to the kitchen (and we know he didn't follow her there) it isn't self-defense but murder since there is no reason she could not have kept running out of the house and get away from him, and there wouldn't be any reason for a knife to be in the immediate vacinity that she knew about and could immediately protect herself with. She MUST insist that the gun shot came first because any other scenerio makes it murder, not self-defense.

Personally, I think that she intended to kill him with the knife and only had the gun as back-up. I don't think she wanted to use the gun because of the fear that someone would hear it fire, and she might get caught in the house by police or a neighbor. I also believe that she imagined she could stab him once or twice and he'd die neatly in the shower with all the blood evidence being washed away. I think she freaked out after she stabbed him and he fought back, got out of the shower and was able to not only get out of the bathroom but all the way down the hall, and she went into a frenzy of stabbing because he wasn't conveniently dying right away. I also believe that the throat slitting and subsequent gun shot to the head was that she wanted to make sure he was REALLY dead, but also because she was pissed off at him for not dying neatly and quickly in the shower and made a bloody mess of the place which was not at all what she had invisioned.

And under this scenario, this is absolutely NO telling what Travis may have verbally unloaded on her! Which just infuriated her further.

I can tell you that if she'd stabbed me, there would have been some ugly words being shot her way...who wouldn't have? All the anger he's shown in those text messages likely escalated to rage, and if he was able to talk at all, I bet he really let her have it.

her license plate story doesn't jive. If the skaters took the plate off and reattached it upside down on , and she found her front license plate on the floor, how did she manage to have Ryan just screw it back on? was he traveling with a handy screwdriver and extra screws by coincidence? Or did she have the tool kit on her? This is a critical lie, I'm surprised that Juan didn't catch this and she didn't offer up a explanation. But then again "nobody asked her" Were the plate screws just laying on the ground nice and neat?

WOW great observation Tinkerbella!!!
LOL@ "nobody asked her"

And under this scenario, this is absolutely NO telling what Travis may have verbally unloaded on her! Which just infuriated her further.

I can tell you that if she'd stabbed me, there would have been some ugly words being shot her way...who wouldn't have? All the anger he's shown in those text messages likely escalated to rage, and if he was able to talk at all, I bet he really let her have it.
And she him.

Not sure - the other evidence photos show knives in Travis' house including 2 in the dishwasher that appear to be put through the wash cycle.

And the last photo appears out of place like it was used to cut cardboard or rope?

Are you thinking she used the straight razor to murder him?

Attachments

• 185.jpg
    185.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 30
  • 189.jpg
    189.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 194.jpg
    194.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 196.jpg
    196.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 41
Is there any evidence that shows that Travis had that shirt and underwear with his name on it made for her?

Because I can so see her doing this herself thinking it was cute..

They SELL panties with "Brad Pitt's Wife" on the seat--you can get them with any name you want. I've seen cute T-shirts & panty sets that have this on them.

Jodi can never make up a believable story--it's like she's not intelligent enough to truly understand how normal people behave.

I just showed my hubby how Jodi drinks her cup of water & he said immediately "That's how apes drink!"

Never thought of that, but now that DH mentioned it... :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members