Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as adding details I literally face-palmed when she said TA may have had the knife, and when asked why she never brought it up before "nobody asked me". You've got to be kidding me. I have faith at least some jury members picked up on that nonsense.

funny, you would have thought she'd somehow need to demonstrate how he was holding that imaginary knife when she was demonstrating his imaginary linebacker lunge.

Courts, he and Mimi were not planning to leave for Cancun until the day after he was *found*, not the day after he was *murdered*.

Who knows if Jodi knew that. I suspect she was snooping all his communications and probably knew what his plans were in great detail. But it could be she thought he was leaving the next day, as if I recall correctly, she asked him if she could stay at his house while he was gone.

It was a ppl trip. She likely would have known exactly when it was with or without snooping, imo

If the Tesoro rep shows that all three purchases were gasoline, it will be obvious that there was a third gas can. The purchases were for 10.7 gallons, 9.5 gallons, and the third would have been for 5 gallons -- it's obvious that the 10.7 gallons was to fill up her car, 9.5 to fill up the two cans and 5 to fill up the third can (for which she tried to hide the purchase and receipt). Even if all of that gas could conceivably fit in her car and the two cans that should not have been empty -- common sense says there was a 3rd can.

I can't believe I missed that. You're right. If she had been driving on fumes when she arrived there, and then filled up the tank with 14 gallons of gas, we'd expect to see a receipt that would reflect a 14 gallon purchase. We don't. It would make no sense to fill the car's tank with 10 gallons, and then use 4 gallons from the separate 9.6 gallon purchase to max out the car's capacity. It doesn't follow.

She must purchase 14 gallons for her car's tank alone to even remotely stand a chance of getting out of this.

Looking at the purchases now, she would have 4.9 gallons of gas per can after the purchase for her car.

It's hard to believe that there is not one shred of video surveillance evidence, especially since she was arrested 6 weeks after the murder and they had receipts and bank records from the search warrant. It's understandable why there wouldn't be video footage 4 years later, but hindsight is 20/20.

ITA with all this, also, her meticulous detail on everything else invites the obvious comparison when she suddenly lapses into the fog.

Absolutely. Lots of people on this forum were upset by her refusal to give a yes or no, but Juan is an experienced prosecuter and knew exactly what he was doing. He had the patience to outlast her and let her dig herself deeper.

I believe the precise spec is about 11.7 with about a 2 gallon reserve, give or take a gallon.

That's close enough to 12 gallons for me.

Wanna pick nits?

There are other factors affecting the amount of fuel which can be pumped prior to overflow:

• How empty is the tank?
  • What is the temperature of the vehicle's tank and fill tube?
  • What is the temperature of the station's underground tank and pump/hose mechanism?
  • How accurate is the pump's calibration/meter and its consistency over time?
  • Is the engine running?
  • Did the prior customer empty the hose such that it required re-priming?
  • Did she fill only the tank or the fill tube as well?
  • How rapidly did she pump, especially toward the end of the fill?
  • And more...

I believe Jodi testified during cross that the pump automatically turned off when she finished pumping gas. So her car would have tripped the pump as a safety feature. The cans she would have had to judge and that is why the transactions were separate. So Jodi would not have topped off her car because the pump would have tripped off again when she went to fill. You have to hold it down. The newer cars warn you when it trips not to continue trying to fill because it is too dangerous. Three different transactions and no record of a return of the gas can to Walmart would mean there was a third can regardless of what she states. Myself, I think it was kerosene for the fire to destroy the gun and clothes. Just a feeling because it was a third transaction. jmo

I wonder what happened to all of Travis' stuff. He had some nice items in his home, his desk, furniture etc. Are all of those things preserved for evidence or does the family get a chance to claim these items, (couch, pics, plants etc)

Travis willed Napoleon to Deanna, a friend. I don't think he was deaf and blind at that time but over the last 5 years has aged.

Regarding animal lovers...me too!!

Isn't. Deana the girl travis once dated? The girl jodi was. So jealous of?
If jodi knew dean would get napoleons! She'd would of killed him too

WOW great observation Tinkerbella!!!
LOL@ "nobody asked her"

Everyone read tinkerbella's post about the front license plate JA said she found on the ground and threw in her floorboard !!
This is CRITICAL and I am hoping JM or one of his staffer's read this. You would need 4 screws to put it back on the car OMG that is a genius catch! That is a lie that JA cannot step around/out of.

It's hard to believe that there is not one shred of video surveillance evidence, especially since she was arrested 6 weeks after the murder and they had receipts and bank records from the search warrant. It's understandable why there wouldn't be video footage 4 years later, but hindsight is 20/20.

She did not change her story until 2010. So the evidence they would have gather would be based on the Ninja story and discrediting her. JM is setting her up with the lies. Some he has already called her on. Others he will nail her on with his rebuttal witnesses. Buckle up. We're in for a bumping ride. lol

They SELL panties with "Brad Pitt's Wife" on the seat--you can get them with any name you want. I've seen cute T-shirts & panty sets that have this on them.

Jodi can never make up a believable story--it's like she's not intelligent enough to truly understand how normal people behave.

ok, This to me is still creepy.. I know it is possible to get what ever you want. I worked in at shirt store as a teen. I made tons of odd shirts..

But what I get from this connection, I can not call it a relationship because I feel the whole thing was manipulated by JA, is that he did not want her in the way she wanted him EVER. I think she thought she would rock his world with sex and he would be beholden to her. I think she is the one that convinced him that sex would be okay if they skirted around the laws..

I think she was the aggressor from the beginning.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere and I missed it:

Can Nurmi put Arias back on the stand and ask her something like "Since you last testified, have you 'recaptured' any memories of your June 2008 road trip?"... thus allowing her to "remember" not returning the 3rd gas can to Walmart and buying that extra gas in SLC?

I know that, even for this defendant, that would be an outrageously obvious attempt to undercut what JM has up his sleeve re these two things, but it seems like that Samuels guy has given the defense team an opening for that fog to lift in certain areas (and at convenient times!).

Or maybe I saw this in Matlock.

Everyone read tinkerbella's post about the front license plate JA said she found on the ground and threw in her floorboard !!
This is CRITICAL and I am hoping JM or one of his staffer's read this. You would need 4 screws to put it back on the car OMG that is a genius catch! That is a lie that JA cannot step around/out of.

I thought Ryan only turned the license in the back right-side up. Was there testimony that he put the front license back on? jmo

I was just working on the computer (creating Car Show flyers) and I have the TV on for company as usual. A few minutes ago, on Encore Suspense, I hear "Fu@#n' Kill You" (no I'll or I will).
Whoa... :what: it stopped me in my tracks.

Movie is "We Own The Night" with Joaquin Phoenix & Mark Wahlberg.

May I just add, I already had plans to see a member of Travis' family this weekend before this came so I can pass it off to them personally without having to bring it to court. Timing is everything. I'm just blown away over here. Good vibes all around...

I will also add because of this timing I can pass it off as it was wrapped all up in the box. I felt like I was unwrapping a baby in swaddling cloth. I'm saying it's THAT precious. Ok I gotta really run out now......

:rose: :rose: Thank you to the person who took the time to find it your heart to design a beautiful something from all of us to let the Alexander family know that our heart felt condolence comes from all over the world for justice. Thank you to you Katie for all you devotion and passion in this case and all cases that you can travel for the justice for the victim so slaughtered. :rose: :rose:

Isn't. Deana the girl travis once dated? The girl jodi was. So jealous of?
If jodi knew dean would get napoleons! She'd would of killed him too
Quite frankly, I'm surprised she didn't kill Napoleon just to further get back at Travis. She knew how much he loved him.
Deanna is the one Arias testified that Travis said was cray cray, but was actually his good friend, and previous girlfriend.

If the Tesoro rep shows that all three purchases were gasoline, it will be obvious that there was a third gas can. The purchases were for 10.7 gallons, 9.5 gallons, and the third would have been for 5 gallons -- it's obvious that the 10.7 gallons was to fill up her car, 9.5 to fill up the two cans and 5 to fill up the third can (for which she tried to hide the purchase and receipt). Even if all of that gas could conceivably fit in her car and the two cans that should not have been empty -- common sense says there was a 3rd can.

Sorry to ask that you post AGAIN for the zillionth time, but could you please post your research~! I will copy/paste into another doc this time.......promise! But it is soooooooooooo excellent for us all to have and to post every new thread IMHO! :please:

TIA

Good heavens. Do you have to scroll through them all to get to the ones at the end???
I thought the gray thing looked like a dildo, and the rest just bathroom things???

objects_zps08f42c91.png

Can't figure out what the lighter grey object on the left is?

It is resting on top of a tube of ointment/toothpaste.

Darker gray box.

Round container holding cotton balls

The black object near the shaving brush and stand looks to be some kind of small statue, maybe of an African theme?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere and I missed it:

Can Nurmi put Arias back on the stand and ask her something like "Since you last testified, have you 'recaptured' any memories of your June 2008 road trip?"... thus allowing her to "remember" not returning the 3rd gas can to Walmart and buying that extra gas in SLC?

I know that, even for this defendant, that would be an outrageously obvious attempt to undercut what JM has up his sleeve re these two things, but it seems like that Samuels guy has given the defense team an opening for that fog to lift in certain areas (and at convenient times!).

Or maybe I saw this in Matlock.

LOL. Then she would have had 4 gas cans. JM will have a Walmart executive testify that there were no returns of gas can to that Walmart on the day she claims to have purchased it. There was an inventory number on it and they would have scanned it back into inventory. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member