Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Lots of people on this forum were upset by her refusal to give a yes or no, but Juan is an experienced prosecuter and knew exactly what he was doing. He had the patience to outlast her and let her dig herself deeper.
:Welcome1:

I'm amazed at the things he was able to draw out from witnesses and then rather than push once he had, he let it go,leaving it hanging in the air. When Jodi confessed to having taken a shower after the murder in presumably the same shower stall her victim occupied or when he was doing the cross of Darryl B and had him admit that Jodi had confided she was going to Mesa. I think his rebuttal case will be amazing!

I still maintain that the tee shirt was made by Travis, to advertise his blog.

Travis Alexander's on the front

Being Better Blog on the back ~

The underware was iron on letters from the Dollar General. She staged this picture in july.

Another premediation charge :wink: She even premeditated her alibi :smile:

Although it has been theorized "groundhog day" often.......I have seen no substantiation of this that there was such a t-shirt from anyone. Did I miss something?

objects_zps08f42c91.png

Can't figure out what the lighter grey object on the left is?

It is resting on top of a tube of ointment/toothpaste.

Darker gray box.

Round container holding cotton balls

The black object near the shaving brush and stand looks to be some kind of small statue, maybe of an African theme?

a previous poster* suggested that it is the "BodyBugg" that j.a. said Travis wore.

*sorry i've forgotten who!! if someone else remembers, please credit for me :blushing:

If the Tesoro rep shows that all three purchases were gasoline, it will be obvious that there was a third gas can. The purchases were for 10.7 gallons, 9.5 gallons, and the third would have been for 5 gallons -- it's obvious that the 10.7 gallons was to fill up her car, 9.5 to fill up the two cans and 5 to fill up the third can (for which she tried to hide the purchase and receipt). Even if all of that gas could conceivably fit in her car and the two cans that should not have been empty -- common sense says there was a 3rd can.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Nurmi suggest that some poor, desperate woman approached Jodi at the gas station. She had her car keys but her purse had been snatched and she needed just enough gas to get home. Being ever helpful, Jodi helped her out with some gas.

objects_zps08f42c91.png

Can't figure out what the lighter grey object on the left is?

It is resting on top of a tube of ointment/toothpaste.

Darker gray box.

Round container holding cotton balls

The black object near the shaving brush and stand looks to be some kind of small statue, maybe of an African theme?
Someone suggested a Body Bug - the fitness devise.

Although it has been theorized "groundhog day" often.......I have seen no substantiation of this that there was such a t-shirt from anyone. Did I miss something?

There's a picture of JA wearing it so it does exist however one of TAs friends is in the T-shirt business and TA bought all his shirts from him, except the T- shirt in question. JA definitely bought and printed that shirt herself.

She was too crazy to just do a quick clean killing like that. If she just wanted to kill him, she could have snuck in, shot him in his sleep ans snuck back out immediately, no muss, no fuss. She probably would not have been caught. Her alibi and timeline would have held up.

But she is sooooooo twisted and bitter, imo, that she had to terrorize him. I bet she enjoyed telling him that he was going to die and WHY he had to die. That wAs why she had to stick around and stretch this whole process out. That was the satisfying part for her.

After much thought, I have come to the conclusion that JA thought a stab to the heart and a gunshot to the head was enought to finish off TA. She underestimated how much it takes to kill a healthy, strong young man. I believe the throat slashing was not in her original plan, but was a panick move when TA tried to get away.

The stab to the heart, in her mind, was what TA had done to her. This was in retaliation for his complete and irrevocable rejection of JA. The gunshot to the head was the coup de grâce (thugs and psychos do this who want to leave a lasting impression).

I can't believe I missed that. You're right. If she had been driving on fumes when she arrived there, and then filled up the tank with 14 gallons of gas, we'd expect to see a receipt that would reflect a 14 gallon purchase. We don't. It would make no sense to fill the car's tank with 10 gallons, and then use 4 gallons from the separate 9.6 gallon purchase to max out the car's capacity. It doesn't follow.

She must purchase 14 gallons for her car's tank alone to even remotely stand a chance of getting out of this.

Looking at the purchases now, she would have 4.9 gallons of gas per can after the purchase for her car.

What is/was/will be so STRANGE to me is that during mowing season, i take my gas cans to filling stations. I ALWAYS open the cans prior to filling my gas tank. And do all/both within one "pump" . Why why why did she do 3 separarte ones........one pump to gas, one pump to Daryl's gas cans, and one pump to the purchased ones.

THE ONLY ONLY reason I can think of is that she did NOT want to be witnessed having them all out for a long period of time. Otherwise..........WTF was the reason.........even for a psychopath!? She must be much smarter than me as I cannot figure out even why as a cover up!!!!!!

Any ideas out there?

Everyone read tinkerbella's post about the front license plate JA said she found on the ground and threw in her floorboard !!
This is CRITICAL and I am hoping JM or one of his staffer's read this. You would need 4 screws to put it back on the car OMG that is a genius catch! That is a lie that JA cannot step around/out of.

It might not be a genius catch, maybe I missed her explain that part away *eye roll* but seriously, who picks up a plate off the ground and doesn't check to see if it matches their back plate? Had this been a real scenario she would immediately look at her front plate and noticed that it was off. Then like a human you would walk around to the back and check that out, especially if you thought the skaters did something to your car.

I believe she flipped that plate and removed the front one when she got to Utah. She couldn't go through the checkpoint without someone noticing her front plate was off and the back was flipped. This did not happen.

hoover dam check point - YouTube

Here's a video of the checkpoint. Cars have to slow down and stop before getting through. There are guards on both side conducting these stops.

She needed to be stopped anywhere far from Utah to go with her original story I WAS NOT THERE!

She's dumb... I mean maybe she has no "common sense life skills" so to speak for simple things we take for granted.

What is/was/will be so STRANGE to me is that during mowing season, i take my gas cans to filling stations. I ALWAYS open the cans prior to filling my gas tank. And do all/both within one "pump" . Why why why did she do 3 separarte ones........one pump to gas, one pump to Daryl's gas cans, and one pump to the purchased ones.

THE ONLY ONLY reason I can think of is that she did NOT want to be witnessed having them all out for a long period of time. Otherwise..........WTF was the reason.........even for a psychopath!? She must be much smarter than me as I cannot figure out even why as a cover up!!!!!!

Any ideas out there?

I wonder what happened to all of Travis' stuff. He had some nice items in his home, his desk, furniture etc. Are all of those things preserved for evidence or does the family get a chance to claim these items, (couch, pics, plants etc)

IMO...the family would have come to the home to sort out what to donate...as for the plants....they looked plastic or silk to me. moo

She's dumb... I mean maybe she has no "common sense life skills" so to speak for simple things we take for granted.

I don't believe she is dumb for anything. I believe she is very deliberate in her every act in life. She did not do it because she was hoping somehow that she could get away with something. She does nothing without thinking.. No matter what her fog says..

Everyone read tinkerbella's post about the front license plate JA said she found on the ground and threw in her floorboard !!
This is CRITICAL and I am hoping JM or one of his staffer's read this. You would need 4 screws to put it back on the car OMG that is a genius catch! That is a lie that JA cannot step around/out of.

Also, when she testi-lied she said she thought the skateboarders did it. Now why would skateboarders board around with a screw-driver on them ? That would be dangerous for them.....moo

After much thought, I have come to the conclusion that JA thought a stab to the heart and a gunshot to the head was enought to finish off TA. She underestimated how much it takes to kill a healthy, strong young man. I believe the throat slashing was not in her original plan, but was a panick move when TA tried to get away.

The stab to the heart, in her mind, was what TA had done to her. This was in retaliation for his complete and irrevocable rejection of JA. The gunshot to the head was the coup de grâce (thugs and psychos do this who want to leave a lasting impression).

It could be that the 9 stab wounds to the back was an attempt to keep him from heading to the bedroom door to get out into the main part of the house. She had to keep him in the bathroom and he would not stop. From the appearance of the carpeting she stopped him where all the blood is by cutting his throat assuring he could not leave that room. Blood outside the room would not have helped her get away unnoticed. That part is obvious. jmo

I wonder what happened to all of Travis' stuff. He had some nice items in his home, his desk, furniture etc. Are all of those things preserved for evidence or does the family get a chance to claim these items, (couch, pics, plants etc)

One word, NAPOLEAN, was preserved. :fence: 'nuff said for me.

I'm catching up on some of the other threads (dedicated katiecoolady and court observer's) and I notice on the trial watcher's thread someone said that next Thursday the court is "dark" because the "last witness is not available." Does that mean the last defense witness? Will we have only the DV expert testify and then be done with defense case in chief?

ETA: Wait, that can't be right. There must be two more witnesses, right? Somebody next week, and then the last witness who is not available. But some are saying the DV expert is the only remaining witness. (can't find the scratching-my-head smilie)

Do you mean the grey thing? If so, I have no idea. Recognizable items include a mirror, toothpaste, a box, a glass jar with (possibly) cotton balls, TA's shave brush and shaver. I cannot for the life of me figure out that grey object.

moo

Well, it is grey and if it was were people suppose it is it would have to be from an alien. They are the only grey people I know. jmo

her license plate story doesn't jive. If the skaters took the plate off and reattached it upside down on , and she found her front license plate on the floor, how did she manage to have Ryan just screw it back on? was he traveling with a handy screwdriver and extra screws by coincidence? Or did she have the tool kit on her? This is a critical lie, I'm surprised that Juan didn't catch this and she didn't offer up a explanation. But then again "nobody asked her" Were the plate screws just laying on the ground nice and neat?

All just my speculation ...

More than likely, after JA was stopped by UT LE due to the flipped rear license plate, RyanB or the officer likely had a small tool kit in their car and used a screwdriver to flip the rear plate using the screws that were holding it in place.

Re the front plate, JA may not have replaced that one until later on her trip. And, despite the wacky Pasadena skaters story, JA would have most certainly kept the screws that affixed the front plate. I haven't heard her accounting of when and with what screws she re-affixed the front license plate. Maybe that info is yet to come or not so important on the priority list of the many incriminating bits of evidence against JA. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89