Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hazard a guess about what's on the countertop in 165 of 180?

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013...otos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4?hpt=sizzling
To me, there seem to be a lot of shaving implements grey box of some kind (razors? square lint brush?), shaving brush, heavy glass with what looks like cotton balls in it, standing mirror, toothbrush and stand, brown pump soap dispenser, reverse osmosis tap? (looks like mine - to the left of the faucet) the grey thing looks like it's part of a stand or something that's been knocked over - or some sort of shoe horn? Or a hand vacuum tool head of some kind?

Even zooming in I can't make out what that grey thing is or the dark brown/black and white thing on the edge of the sink... (some sort of tourist item? Looks like a carved monkey/gargoyle head and arm to me...?

Maybe there is another photo of this part of the sink elsewhere that shows more.

That's all I've got. Maybe someone else knows.

ETA: bbm - the figurine thingy at the sink seems to match/be part of a set that matches the item in the corner of the bathtub. Same grass/straw stuff coming out of it... (image 155 of 180). Maybe something he got in Hawaii or ?.

How did she cross the dam checkpoint with the plates messed up

Women travelling alone in small vehicles typically aren't subject to much scrutiny at that checkpoint. They're more focused on the type of person or vehicle that could pose a threat to the Dam, imo. I've been through that checkpoint several times and the officer typically just glances into the car and waves me through. I don't have a front plate and I'm not sure they even bother to look at the back plate unless they have other reasons to think you're suspicious. If they have concerns about you, they pull you to a different part of the checkpoint for a more thorough inspection.

That said, she may not have flipped it until she was out of Arizona as others have suggested.

Awesome!!! I thought so, but was still feeling a little nervous. I didn't think he'd throw both ideas out there like that if he wasn't sure about it!

I bet Nurmi is pizzed!! I'm sure JA is holding to her lie about returning the 3rd can, even to him, and he's getting blindsided! I bet she's regretting lying about this now! She was already admitting to 2 gas cans....

I can hear them now.... Just because they don't have a record of it being returned, doesn't mean it wasn't. JA will claim an employee made an error or the skaters did it!

I can't wait for rebuttal!!!! Solid evidence that she lied under oath and directly to the jury! Oh and about one of JM's premeditation points! Aaaahhhh!!! :rocker:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your not alone! I'm just weary and Leary of nurmi! Throughout this whole trial he has been sneaky! And conniving! Leading jodi into what to say. I think judge perry had more control in the ca trial.
Many times in that trial! Baez tried to sabatoge! Many times we were frustrated with judge perry! But in no way did he allow Baez to go as far as this judge has allowed nurmi. I have confidence in Martinez ! He has 25-30 years under his belt! Nurmi has about 13 years, nurmi repeats the same words over and over! Mischaracterisation ! Beyond the scope blah blah!

Sorry for my rant!

She turned the back one upside down so she would be stopped in Utah and
that would be evidence that she was in Utah. The front one being off was
her fabricated story to go along with why the rear plate was upside down.

That's a possibility, but I think she just messed up. I think she took off both plates when she got near Travis's neighborhood, so no one would be able to trace her when she arrived/or left his house. She probably planned to calmly drive out of town and put just the back plate on (because you don't need the front one in AZ). Then, after the killing went way beyond what she planned, she freaked out and only remembered to put the back plate on in the desert when she was getting rid of the evidence. Either by doing it too quickly or because it was pitch black outside, I think she just slapped it on upside down.

But the alibi theory is a good one too!

:Welcome1:

I'm amazed at the things he was able to draw out from witnesses and then rather than push once he had, he let it go,leaving it hanging in the air. When Jodi confessed to having taken a shower after the murder in presumably the same shower stall her victim occupied or when he was doing the cross of Darryl B and had him admit that Jodi had confided she was going to Mesa. I think his rebuttal case will be amazing!

I read Vince Bugliosi's book "Outrage" about the O.J. Case. He shows how a good prosecutor thinks. He also shows why someone who thinks the can out-maneuver a seasoned prosecutor is a fool. Martinez does this for a living and Jodi, even if she had an I.Q. Of 150, wouldn't not stand a chance in getting her lies past him.

Just as a smart person cannot perform surgery or fly a plane without instruction, neither can they out-think a skilled prosecutor when he has amassed a great deal of evidence and they need to invent lies on-the-fly. Jodi does not understand this, she appears to think her experience in lying will be enough to keep Juan from pinning her down, but it has only made his job easier. His tenacity and patience are amazing - no doubt they are part of his personality but also learned behavior from years of experience. She has more than met her match.

I believe the precise spec is about 11.7 with about a 2 gallon reserve, give or take a gallon.

That's close enough to 12 gallons for me.

Wanna pick nits?

There are other factors affecting the amount of fuel which can be pumped prior to overflow:

• How empty is the tank?
  • What is the temperature of the vehicle's tank and fill tube?
  • What is the temperature of the station's underground tank and pump/hose mechanism?
  • How accurate is the pump's calibration/meter and its consistency over time?
  • Is the engine running?
  • Did the prior customer empty the hose such that it required re-priming?
  • Did she fill only the tank or the fill tube as well?
  • How rapidly did she pump, especially toward the end of the fill?
  • And more...

Are you talking about the gas tank? From what I found on Ford's website - and their PDF of the owner's manual for 2008 Ford Focus, the gas tank holds 13.0 gallons.

Huh. I'd post the link for it, but it says an error has been detected and I don't have permission to access the manual.

Well, I found it at the Ford.com site and selected the year, make and and model - maybe it's my browser being funky. Took a while to find the capacity. Should have taken a screen shot. Sorry!

How did she cross the dam checkpoint with the plates messed up

I think JA removed the front license plate near or before entering AZ, leaving the rear license plate in the correct, upright orientation. AZ doesn't require front license plates, IIRC.

I also think JA flipped the rear license plate in UT to prompt a pull-over by LE to establish her location.

Therefore, if the above is correct, JA's car's licenses plates would have been acceptable, not sparked any red flags, as she passed through the Hoover Dam checkpoint. JMO

You can more quickly scroll down with the arrow bar attached to the right of the thumbnails on the right side of the screen. And that's kinda what the gray thing looked like to me, too. And it's resting on a tube of something, as well.

eta: it's not actually an "arrow" attached to the thumbnails. Just a gray bar with a black cursor that you can pull up and down

Karmady, what do you think is interesting about the items on the counter?

The knife first scenario must put TA in a standing position. The ME report confirms the wounds to the chest came from a knife thrust that was horizontal and slightly upward. Thrusting a knife downward into the chest is NOT consistent with autopsy report. It is therefore unlikely that JA launched her assault while TA was in a sitting position – unlike the case that she shot him first.

A much larger and more physically able TA standing toe to toe with a knife bearing JA is problematic.

On its face TA in the standing position could have overwhelmed JA based on a mutual “fight or flight” reaction – especially since her initial onslaught depleted the element of surprise. Most of the TA chest wounds were shallow. Only one thrust entered the thorax and managed to cut the superior vena cava. It would take minutes and minutes before this sort of wound would have an effect on TA’s ability to maneuver and fight back. All the back wounds were superficial and non-life threatening.

Finally I personally cannot entirely understand why JA – after having butchered him, after his near lifeless body has yielded some 4 liters of blood that spilled out on the bathroom and bedroom floor, after taking note of her bloody and wounded hands and her bloody clothes – would think:

“OH GOSH!!!! Here I brought this little gun with me!! What should I do now?
Hmmmm. . . .let’s see; I will take this gun out of my ?pocket, *advertiser censored* it and put a round into TA’s head. That sounds like a neat thing to do!! “

"After all I don't want a loaded gun that I carried all the way from Yreka to Mesa to go to waste!!!"

[NOTE- One explanation that I heard that sort of makes sense to me is that JA deliberately wanted to confuse the crime scene. She evidently thought to herself - if I use 2 different weapons in this murder it will appear that TA murder was a group effort. This appearance and deduction would further throw the "scent" away from JA. This theory was bolstered by one of JA initial questions to Flores 6/2008 via telephone. She asked "were multiple people involved in the crime?". The Ninja Story suggests her belief that police thought the murder was a community effort also adds credibility to JA motive in using 2 different weapons]

The gun shot could not have come first. The only scenerio that makes Travis able to fight back is if the knife came first. The ME testified that the gun shot would either have killed him or rendered him incopacitated. He's the expert, he's the one that cut him open and examined his inards. He's the one that knows what that gun shot did more than anyone else, and is therefore more qualified to determine whether or not it came before the knife or after.

Just because the chest wound was directed slightly upward there's no reason to believe that either both Jodi and Travis were standing or both were on the ground either sitting (Travis) or squating (Jodi). If he was sitting in the shower (which it appears he was from the photo just before the attack where he is sitting in the shower stall and his head isn't in the frame but there is no blood or wounds yet) there's no reason that if she was standing just before thrusting in the knife that she didn't quickly squat down to his level and thrust in the knife or she already was when that photo was taken before the attack. If he is sitting, it is far more difficult and time consuming for him to stand quickly in that small wet slippery shower stall than her springing up from a squating position if she felt she needed to. Think about it - if you were about to stab someone to death while they were sitting would you do it standing up over them or from a squating position in front of them? If you're intent is to stab them in the chest then you would have to place yourself down at their level in order to do it.

It's also obvious that the knife came first because the shell casing from the gun fell into a pool of blood, and no blood either dripped or sprayed on top of it. It isn't possible for that shell casing to fall on TOP of blood if there was not already a pool of blood on the floor from the knife wounds to put it there.

Chris Hughes was a Mormon PPL up-and-comer, as was TA.

Sky is his wife.

Here's their webpage: http://www.teamrenew.com/chris-and-sky-hughes-ut

An interesting excerpt:

"Chris and Sky were married in July of 2002. They enjoyed a 10-day honeymoon at a 5-star resort on the beach in Cancun, Mexico."

Someone in a TV interview said PPL routinely held functions in Cancun, that TA had been there twice before with JA (??? Find this hard to believe). A quick look on google shows results (including video) about PrepaidLegal's free incentive trips to Cancun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faxbCxZnQGc

Re: the claim the prosecution wasn't allowed to show all the photos of TA on the grounds it would be 'too prejudicial' to the defense, I wish the jury could see the morgue photo of his back. It's more horrific than I could have imagined, leaving the self-defense claim in shreds.

If she bought the gun to kill herself, why was it HIDDEN in the rental car?? Her mother asked about it and had to hunt down the rental, and no one had found it yet. So my questions, why hide a gun you're going to use on yourself soon anyway?? And hide it so well that even the car rental folks don't find it?? Lets not forget the knives hidden in her boxes of books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must be out there...
I have not read or heard about knives hidden in her boxes of books.
Where were these boxes?
Who found them?
When were they discovered?

I think JA removed the front license plate near or before entering AZ, leaving the rear license plate in the correct, upright orientation. AZ doesn't require front license plates, IIRC.

I also think JA flipped the rear license plate in UT to prompt a pull-over by LE to establish her location.

Therefore, if the above is correct, JA's car's licenses plates would have been acceptable, not sparked any red flags, as she passed through the Hoover Dam checkpoint. JMO

I've never been to Arizona or Utah, but I would think that Jodi was supposed to going from Southern Calif. to SLC/West Jordan, right? So she would have to be careful not to be stopped on a route that could only show she was coming from Arizona. I agree with you that she probably wanted to be stopped by LE to "verify" her story, but would stopping at Hoover Dam fit in with that? I don't know the geography well enough.

All the photos of her hoo ha I was not trying to look at.....but someone on the FB page posted it and I thought they had photoshopped it. It just looked VERY weird and not......right. There was some THING hanging out which I have no idea what it could be. It's super gross.

That was so wierd. I just couldn't figure that out. I wonder how she felt when that was shown in court.

All the photos of her hoo ha I was not trying to look at.....but someone on the FB page posted it and I thought they had photoshopped it. It just looked VERY weird and not......right. There was some THING hanging out which I have no idea what it could be. It's super gross.

All I can think of is Marfan's - my daughter's boyfriend has it - we almost lost him last summer - he had 12+ hours in surgery and weeks in ICU.

Her arms do seem rather long-ish, too, but Marfan's isn't all that common - just the first thing that popped into my head.

The pic of her hooha is post coital. The labia minora are stretched out from a lot of sex, years of it. That is why it looks like something hanging. Her vaginal opening is still stretched from either sex with a male or a banana or a battery operated device.

I must be out there...
I have not read or heard about knives hidden in her boxes of books.
Where were these boxes?
Who found them?
When were they discovered?

These items were found in boxes in a car that JA had packed for moving when she was arrested. Unknown where she was intending to move.

Ok I know this sounds ignerent
But what is a blown margin
Not at all. Simple explanation- when someone posts a large pic (as an example), your screen gets real wide. It makes it diificult to read and scroll. This usually corrects itself when you get to the next page of the thread.

The pic of her hooha is post coital. The labia minora are stretched out from a lot of sex, years of it. That is why it looks like something hanging. Her vaginal opening is still stretched from either sex with a male or a banana or a battery operated device.
I need to wash my eyes out with bleach after reading this. yuk. I don't even need to see the picture. I can already see it now. Thanks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89