Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a possibility, but I think she just messed up. I think she took off both plates when she got near Travis's neighborhood, so no one would be able to trace her when she arrived/or left his house. She probably planned to calmly drive out of town and put just the back plate on (because you don't need the front one in AZ). Then, after the killing went way beyond what she planned, she freaked out and only remembered to put the back plate on in the desert when she was getting rid of the evidence. Either by doing it too quickly or because it was pitch black outside, I think she just slapped it on upside down.

But the alibi theory is a good one too!

But that's why she had the rental car so the neighbors wouldn't recognize her
car, or her blond hair.

I wonder when the DT is going to call, to the witness stand, Calvin [?Klein?], the dishwasher, gold panning, camping friend of JA?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Is there any evidence that shows that Travis had that shirt and underwear with his name on it made for her?

Because I can so see her doing this herself thinking it was cute..

I think she made them herself. Travis was never all that into her, and she was totally crazy obsessed with him and wanted to completely own him. I never thought he gave them to her.

I'm also not seeing any guy buying undies for a woman that are big cotton granny panties... a guy would buy her something sexy looking that was either booty shorts or a thong.

I must be out there...
I have not read or heard about knives hidden in her boxes of books.
Where were these boxes?
Who found them?
When were they discovered?

And are there evidence photos of all these things? JA was arrested when the car was loaded with this stuff, they must have searched the rental car and you'd think there would be photos taken... maybe they just haven't been made public.

I still want to know more about Gpa's gun - (what year/make/type of .25 it was, etc.).

I can't believe I missed that. You're right. If she had been driving on fumes when she arrived there, and then filled up the tank with 14 gallons of gas, we'd expect to see a receipt that would reflect a 14 gallon purchase. We don't. It would make no sense to fill the car's tank with 10 gallons, and then use 4 gallons from the separate 9.6 gallon purchase to max out the car's capacity. It doesn't follow.

She must purchase 14 gallons for her car's tank alone to even remotely stand a chance of getting out of this.

Looking at the purchases now, she would have 4.9 gallons of gas per can after the purchase for her car.

just thinking about ja with so much gas in the trunk of such a small car. i googled weight per gal of unleaded, ea gal is aprox 6.5lb so ea can if full was 32.5lb. she had three of these would be 97.5lb. plus gas in the tank that is a lot of gas. shows ja was on a mission.

it's a good thing she did not crash into anyone the possible explosion or fire would have been huge. i could see her driving down the road saying to herself mesa here i come. i gotta get there. smh

That's a possibility, but I think she just messed up. I think she took off both plates when she got near Travis's neighborhood, so no one would be able to trace her when she arrived/or left his house. She probably planned to calmly drive out of town and put just the back plate on (because you don't need the front one in AZ). Then, after the killing went way beyond what she planned, she freaked out and only remembered to put the back plate on in the desert when she was getting rid of the evidence. Either by doing it too quickly or because it was pitch black outside, I think she just slapped it on upside down.

But the alibi theory is a good one too!

Also, a license plate upside would be more noticeable to catch someones eyes,
if she was trying not to be noticed.

My MY what did she do to be so hated/disliked by his friends. dang

Just looking at that video where she is sleeping with her head on his lap while he is telling his story to his friends---just that alone shows her weirdness, imo.

I mean, when people are all awake and sitting up and talking to each other, it is weird she is laying down with her head on his lap. It is not like they were all snuggling and watching a movie. It just seemed awkward and odd, imo.

I've never been to Arizona or Utah, but I would think that Jodi was supposed to going from Southern Calif. to SLC/West Jordan, right? So she would have to be careful not to be stopped on a route that could only show she was coming from Arizona. I agree with you that she probably wanted to be stopped by LE to "verify" her story, but would stopping at Hoover Dam fit in with that? I don't know the geography well enough.

Who knows if she even went through that Hoover Dam checkpoint or an alternate route?

I can't wait until the hearing Monday morning to see Juan cross Samuels
:great:

Not sure - the other evidence photos show knives in Travis' house including 2 in the dishwasher that appear to be put through the wash cycle.

And the last photo appears out of place like it was used to cut cardboard or rope?

The last photo has the same number (68) as the dishwasher photo. I think that the detectives took it out, put it on the counter and took a photo of it alone.

moo

The front plate was removed so it would not appear on any surveillance videos at intersections/ gas stations, etc. The back plate could have also been removed and she replaced it at some time in haste and did not know it was upside down. Or intentionally put on upside down so it would be more difficult for someone to capture the plate number.

The car was rented in CA complete with a front plate to comply with local requirements.

As I understand it, a front licence plate is not required in AZ. So she took that off to avoid advertsing licence details unnecessarily. Then she flipped the rear plate to avoid detection by cameras. A cursory glance and the naked eye would confirm a rear plate was in place but not necessarily register its orientation. My guess is she was relying on that illusion until she reached UT.

She's a schemer so I wouldn't put it past her to avoid checkpoints and drive north on I17 then chance a night drive through Grand Canyon National Park. Desolate but a good place to ditch evidence and it might explain why her plate wasn't spotted at the Hoover Dam. She was a long time getting to RB's.

Karmady, what do you think is interesting about the items on the counter?

I couldn't figure out what the gray thing was, but that's since been identified by another poster as the BodyBugg. I also noticed the shaving brush for the first time, so that was interesting. But I was asking about the gray item since, at first glance (and second and third) it looked somewhat like a sex toy to me. I was wondering, if that was what it was, why we hadn't heard anything about it given what all else has been mentioned.

The knife first scenario must put TA in a standing position. The ME report confirms the wounds to the chest came from a knife thrust that was horizontal and slightly upward. Thrusting a knife downward into the chest is NOT consistent with autopsy report. It is therefore unlikely that JA launched her assault while TA was in a sitting position – unlike the case that she shot him first.

A much larger and more physically able TA standing toe to toe with a knife bearing JA is problematic.

On its face TA in the standing position could have overwhelmed JA based on a mutual “fight or flight” reaction – especially since her initial onslaught depleted the element of surprise. Most of the TA chest wounds were shallow. Only one thrust entered the thorax and managed to cut the superior vena cava. It would take minutes and minutes before this sort of wound would have an effect on TA’s ability to maneuver and fight back. All the back wounds were superficial and non-life threatening.

Finally I personally cannot entirely understand why JA – after having butchered him, after his near lifeless body has yielded some 4 liters of blood that spilled out on the bathroom and bedroom floor, after taking note of her bloody and wounded hands and her bloody clothes – would think:

“OH GOSH!!!! Here I brought this little gun with me!! What should I do now?
Hmmmm. . . .let’s see; I will take this gun out of my ?pocket, *advertiser censored* it and put a round into TA’s head. That sounds like a neat thing to do!! “

"After all I don't want a loaded gun that I carried all the way from Yreka to Mesa to go to waste!!!"

[NOTE- One explanation that I heard that sort of makes sense to me is that JA deliberately wanted to confuse the crime scene. She evidently thought to herself - if I use 2 different weapons in this murder it will appear that TA murder was a group effort. This appearance and deduction would further throw the "scent" away from JA. This theory was bolstered by one of JA initial questions to Flores 6/2008 via telephone. She asked "were multiple people involved in the crime?". The Ninja Story suggests her belief that police thought the murder was a community effort also adds credibility to JA motive in using 2 different weapons]

BBM

That is why I have a problem with the stabbing first theory. If he was standing up and she only had the knife, then I believe he would have jumped on her, and he would have done some visible damage before he was killed. Even if she had the gun and knife, it would have been awkward to try and hold both effectively.

She turned the back one upside down so she would be stopped in Utah and
that would be evidence that she was in Utah. The front one being off was
her fabricated story to go along with why the rear plate was upside down.

She already had alibis in UT in the form of RB and various others at the PPL convention. Simplest answer is the plate was flipped since CA to avoid being recorded.

:cat::cat::cat:Just logged on to last page after being away for awhile....have to say...Dicey....I absolutely love your signature...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member