Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's why she had the rental car so the neighbors wouldn't recognize her
car, or her blond hair.

For this reason I don't think she did the plate work until she got to Utah. She wouldn't have wanted to be noticed in Arizona. She wouldn't have flipped the plate until after she got rid of the evidence and was in Utah. She may have taken the front plate off earlier and put it back on when she got back to Yreka. She took the car back the day after she returned home.

After much thought, I have come to the conclusion that JA thought a stab to the heart and a gunshot to the head was enought to finish off TA. She underestimated how much it takes to kill a healthy, strong young man. I believe the throat slashing was not in her original plan, but was a panick move when TA tried to get away.

The stab to the heart, in her mind, was what TA had done to her. This was in retaliation for his complete and irrevocable rejection of JA. The gunshot to the head was the coup de grâce (thugs and psychos do this who want to leave a lasting impression).

I don't believe this at all. If she wanted him just dead, She could have shot him multiple times.. She brought a knife to make him suffer. She wanted it to hurt..

BBM

That is why I have a problem with the stabbing first theory. If he was standing up and she only had the knife, then I believe he would have jumped on her, and he would have done some visible damage before he was killed. Even if she had the gun and knife, it would have been awkward to try and hold both effectively.
I don't think he saw the slice across the neck coming. Did the ME say when in the sequence he believed that occurred? TIA

And under this scenario, this is absolutely NO telling what Travis may have verbally unloaded on her! Which just infuriated her further.

I can tell you that if she'd stabbed me, there would have been some ugly words being shot her way...who wouldn't have? All the anger he's shown in those text messages likely escalated to rage, and if he was able to talk at all, I bet he really let her have it.

He would have been terrified, in agony and fighting for his life. If he was making any sounds at all he was likely screaming. Being murdered painfully and totally unexpectedly isn't exactly what I'd think of as an oportune time to verbally chastise the killer. Call me crazy, but I think anyone that is fighting for their life and being subjected to agonizing wounds isn't feeling any emotion other than utter terror.

Yes, my dearly departed father used a bush, straight razor and a belt to sharpen it! - that's why I keep thinking of that.

A man with a razor brush = straight razor.

And yes of course, the "MySpace" photo of Travis displays him shaving with a "bic" but maybe he gradually got more comfortable to using a straight razor. :twocents:

My mister prefers the shaving mug a d brush but still uses the bic type raxor, I;m sure the mug a d brush would look old fashioned to a lot of people instead of shaving cream from a can.

Since Snow posted that it was high up, 60"(?), I was thinking more body/brain fluid?

My first impression is that is plasma that separated out from the blood. It could be fat cells from the stabbing action to his torso from the knife blade . Cerebral spinal fluid is usually clear, but I don't know what 5 days exposed to air does to it. Your guess is as good as mine.

I must say that the brush sure did stick out, I used to sit on the toilet lid and watch with amazement as my dearly loved and missed Dad would swirl the brush around in the cup and like an artist paint his face and then masterfully shave with that straight razor, moving his lips around and oh never mind. lol OK I do think that she used a knife to stab him but I have also thought that if he did have a straight razor that she used that to cut his throat. idk jmo

I think the whole razor thing is a red herring. I think JA mentions "the old fashioned way" to indicate that he used a brush to apply shave cream. Even on TA's myspace page, she makes mention of a MACH 3 which is a Gillette disposable razor.

Here is her comment on TA's myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/tvalexander/photos/30620591#{"ImageId":30620591}

And here is the Mach 3 that she is referring to:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/gillette-mach-3-razor/10181451?gclid=CKS-sOqTgrYCFdOHMgodMG8A3Q

moo

That sounds like a reasonable explanation of what's in the pic. But I still think the pic of him in the bed was duct tape. There's no "bump" for the device in the pic, and it wouldn't leave the residue we saw in the shower pic.

It's quite possible he both had a 'bodybug' AND used duct tape around his bicep on June 4th. If he was as focused as he seemed to be (per friends, not just JA) about getting in shape, it's not unreasonable that he had/used both - just not the bodybug on June 4th - at least not in the photo. jmv. :)

ETA: the duct tape probably stuck to the bedding, hence it's being found by the washer/dryer downstairs after he removed it from his arm. I don't think either of these items (bb, tape) are significant to the murder, but that's just me.

Tee hee! Just having fun on the days off! :floorlaugh: Ya need to visit the KCL dedicateD THREAD! Was great fun when she went on Ricki lake show, and a joke from that day ....about toilet being left up in hotel room.........nevermind! ya gotta do day to day as an inside joke, all is good!!!! Just being silly!

Where is the KCL dedicated thread?

I don't think he saw the slice across the neck coming. Did the ME say when in the sequence he believed that occurred? TIA

The neck wound came last. The mark on his face just above the neck wound came from the knife. Either he moved or she nicked his face upon commencement of slashing...

[Respectfully snipped]
The knife first scenario must put TA in a standing position. The ME report confirms the wounds to the chest came from a knife thrust that was horizontal and slightly upward. Thrusting a knife downward into the chest is NOT consistent with autopsy report. It is therefore unlikely that JA launched her assault while TA was in a sitting position – unlike the case that she shot him first.

While I do recall seeing the horizontal and slightly upward reference to ONE chest wound (can't recall where), the Autopsy Report makes no mention, that I can see, of any upward angle.

To quote verbatim from the Autopsy Report:

"Examination of the torso reveals the following sharp force injuries:
- A cluster of nine (9) stab wounds of the upper paramidline right and left sides of the back, ranging in size from 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches, within a 6 x 5 1/2 inch area; all wounds display blunt and sharply incised ends; all wounds penetrate soft tissue of back and impact upon ribs and lateral aspects of vertebral bone (transferse laminae and vertebral bodies), without penetration of chest cavity.
- A 1 inch oblique stab wound of the right paramidline neck base / upper back, with penetration into trapezius muscie.
- A 1 inch horizontal stab wound of the upper paramidline left chest, which terminates at the level of the sternum
- A 1 1/2 inch obllique stab wound of the paramidline right chest, with penetration / perforation of the costochondral junction near the sternum at the level of the 3rd and 4th right ribs; the wound extends to a maximal depth of approximately 3 1/2 inches with penetration of the superior vena cava near the base of the heart, with a small amount of surrounding hemorrhaging in the mediastinal soft tissues and the pericardial sac of the heart; a portion of the costochondral cartillage encompassing the stab wound is excised and retained at the FSC for potential further analysis.
- A deep transverse 2 inch incised wound across the lower right chest, below the nipple, with penetration of the lower portion of the right pectoralis muscle.
- A 1 3/4 inch oblique stab wound of the left upper abdominal quadrant, with a near-tangential subcutaneous adipose tissue wound track (5 3/4 inches long), terminating in adipose tissue of the right lower abdominal quadrant; the abdominal cavity is not penetrated.
- Two (2) very shallow parallel oblique incised wounds of the anterior right shoulder, measuring up to 1 3/4 inch."

If it is not in the ME's Autopsy Report, could Dr. Horn have mentioned it in his testimony? If so, are you sure he said "all" chest wounds were slightly upward, or just the one that I saw a reference to?

ETA: Looking at the autopsy diagram, could the reference to a chest wound being horizontal and at a slightly upward angle mean NOT at an upward angle to the inside of the body, but rather the angle of the blade itself? As in not quite horizontal. A slightly upward angle not front to back but left to right? You could stab someone straight in their chest with a knife held at an angle, like virtually all of the back wounds were.

Too lengthy to respond to right now, but sequestration is NOT the reason OJ and Casey Anthony were acquitted. There were multiple problems in both cases, including jury selection.

Who's to say? Sequestration didn't help either case for the State. Did it?

I still can't figure out the upside down license plate. It's obvious her story about the prankster, skater dudes is a lie, but why flip the plates upside down and remove the front one?

Good afternoon everyone!
:seeya:

You are definitely not alone trying to figure this out. I will accept she didn't remove them in AZ as she didn't want to leave any trace she had been there, so she wouldn't risk being stopped by LE in AZ. However, what would be the purpose of removing them once into Utah? She was already going to see RB, and could stop for gas there (as in NV also) to have an alibi. Ultimately when she is pulled over by LE, RB is with her!! So what is the point?

The only thing that ever did make sense regarding the plates, is that she removed them while in Travis' neighborhood and didn't put the rear plate back on properly. However, this seems to have been ruled out by the Hoover Dam checkpoint protocol. Or are we sure she went through that checkpoint? Could she have NOT gone through there, and just been lucky not to be stopped until into Utah?

:confused:

MOO

I think the whole razor thing is a red herring. I think JA mentions "the old fashioned way" to indicate that he used a brush to apply shave cream. Even on TA's myspace page, she makes mention of a MACH 3 which is a Gillette disposable razor.

Here is her comment on TA's myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/tvalexander/photos/30620591#{"ImageId":30620591}

And here is the Mach 3 that she is referring to:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/gillette-mach-3-razor/10181451?gclid=CKS-sOqTgrYCFdOHMgodMG8A3Q

moo

ITA it is a red herring. The ME measured the width oh the stab wounds that penetrated deep into the chest cavity that were 3 inches wide. I don't think the blade of a straight razor is 3" wide is it?

BBM

That is why I have a problem with the stabbing first theory. If he was standing up and she only had the knife, then I believe he would have jumped on her, and he would have done some visible damage before he was killed. Even if she had the gun and knife, it would have been awkward to try and hold both effectively.

I totally see what you're saying and I thought the same for a long time. But, I think he was sitting, naked and wet when she started her attack with the knife. He not only had to try to block the stabs, but try to get up - wet and naked - and away from her. She did not stop for a second. Once he got up, he was already injured, and then the heart stab came as he was trying to get out, or had just climbed out, of the shower.
MOO

These items were found in boxes in a car that JA had packed for moving when she was arrested. Unknown where she was intending to move.

She was well aware that she was going to be arrested - that it was only a matter of time... she was fleeing, not moving. imv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member