Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why sequester anyone? Why keep secrets? What exactly are we supposed to be afraid of? There shouldn't even be an instruction to the jury to not watch the news or discuss the case. Aren't we supposed to believe they will be fair? I have heard so many jurors say "we weren't told so and so or we didn't know about this or that". Well whyis that? Innocent people are sent to prison. Guilty people walk the streets because the jury doesnt know everything and evidence is precluded. Bring everything to the open. Then we can have a great judicial system. Then there will be justice.

Because they need to decide things on REAL EVIDENCE fact that can be proven, Not innuendo, speculation or rumor. We don't convict people based on news in this country. We have rules of evidence to protect the innocent.

I am sure if you were on trial for your life, you would only want real evidence shown the jury. I know I would want it that way.

If she bought the gun to kill herself, why was it HIDDEN in the rental car?? Her mother asked about it and had to hunt down the rental, and no one had found it yet. So my questions, why hide a gun you're going to use on yourself soon anyway?? And hide it so well that even the car rental folks don't find it?? Lets not forget the knives hidden in her boxes of books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's only one reason the gun was hidden that well - she was hiding it from LE because she knew they were going to come to arrest her (if she didn't manage to flee before they got there) and she didn't want LE to find it.

She wasn't on her way to commit suicide, and she didn't get the gun for that reason. Nor was she ever going on a gold-panning trip, her other excuse for buying the gun.

Oddly, she purchased the .9mm legally, in her home town.

[video=youtube;AQ4SFBYfzkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4SFBYfzkY[/video]

funny

Posting an image on the thread which is so large that it expands the horizontal page/window boundaries and 'hoses' the members who are attempting to read and comment.

I'd show you, but it wouldn't make me very popular.

Well my margins are blown right now.

She's dumb... I mean maybe she has no "common sense life skills" so to speak for simple things we take for granted.

Being held back in kindergarten and not earning her GED until jailed indicates some learning or behavioral issues. She's described herself as ADD and "spacey", but she can't be believed about anything.

#33 - cell phone on the left side of the desk?

No phones eh Jodi?

Attachments

• 8_0.jpg
    8_0.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 60
one for the car, (shut off happened) she did do two of the 5 gallon gas cans together $40.00. Third receipt for 3rd gas can. Maybe she didn't want to fill 3rd gas can all the way up? I don't know...but lucky for the State :smile:
Maybe she filled the two RED (gas) ones together and the BLUE (kero) separately because she didn't want to be seen putting gas into a kerosene can. I'm not sure but I think it might be illegal for safety reasons?

moo

Because they need to decide things on REAL EVIDENCE fact that can be proven, Not innuendo, speculation or rumor. We don't convict people based on news in this country. We have rules of evidence to protect the innocent.

I am sure if you were on trial for your life, you would only want real evidence shown the jury. I know I would want it that way.

Innuendo, speculation or rumor like: pedophilia? Abuse? Sexual deviance? The DT is absolutely asking the jury to deliberate on speculation rather than real evidence...

JA is on trial for her life and she HAS no real evidence supporting her claims to show the jury... she WANTS it this way. If she didn't, she wouldn't have provided/created these rumors and stories herself.

Yes, that's the item I was referring to. I couldn't figure out what it was either and what it looked like to me :blushing: didn't make sense. Another poster was kind enough to identify it as the Bodybugg (fitness device) that we've heard about before.

I looked up Bodybugg but didn't find one that looked quite like that.

???

But, the defense has the same evidence and I think uses lots of inuendo when relaying it to the jury.

That is true, but we are depending upon the quality of the evidense as presented to the jurors. And that is based upon the atty's opinion.

But, as in Nurmi and Wilcott, They are presenting the same evidence as the Prosecutor but in a fashion that it will understood differently and in their favor.

Not sure this makes any sense. Hope so. jmo

But that's why she had the rental car so the neighbors wouldn't recognize her
car, or her blond hair.

Yes, but if things went wiggy, she might have thought someone may take down the license plate number if she had to make a quick get away. I dunno, I'm trying to get into the head of JA. :noooo:

Part of premeditation could be the fact that there were no " puppy prints" at the crime scene....
Knowing how dedicated and beloved , Travis's dog Napoleon was, there is no way he would have voluntarily left the scene of the mureder...
Jodi must have gated him out before hand...
I know this can never be proved, but as a jurist, I think I would inherently know....

I had to look it up on amazon. It's a fitness device that straps to your arm.

About that 6" long 1 1/2" diameter bendable, plastic, gray thingy...
Me thinks this isn't a body bug...it's a little long!
The body bug straps around the upper arm...wouldn't this look
a little funny on your arm?!
THINGI IN BATH.jpg

Exactly what I always thought until this information re: Hoover Dam came up. Now I simply believe she chose a different route and avoided Hoover Dam, and had completely forgotten to fix the license plates or not realized the rear one was attached upside down.
MOO

We're on the same wavelength Panthera! I mentioned a possible alternative route in post #916 above. Taking the 'scenic' route would have offered some pretty remote spots to burn/bury/ditch. Plus driving slower routes through the night would account for not getting to RB's in SLC until lunchtime next day.

I still can't figure out the upside down license plate. It's obvious her story about the prankster, skater dudes is a lie, but why flip the plates upside down and remove the front one?

I think she did it because her car was as clean as could be at that point and she hoped that being stopped, LE would remember that there was nothing suspect (apart from the plates) about her car. I think it was part of her alibi.

moo

Only my thoughts! Please don't bash me!!! I'm ultra sensitive today. :blushing:

ITA it is a red herring. The ME measured the width oh the stab wounds that penetrated deep into the chest cavity that were 3 inches wide. I don't think the blade of a straight razor is 3" wide is it?

Attachments

• razor.jpg
    razor.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 11
BBM- The only issue I have with this is some people can be easily swayed by public opionion "mob mentatility" and news reporters get it wrong sometimes in their reporting.

I agree with the wrong reporting. I've seen it reported that Travis was 6' tall and I believe he was only like 5'9''. I've also seen jodi reported at 5'4' and I think she said she was 5'5 1/2".

Our media sucks anymore IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member