Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When is he gonna move on? Was he there when TA supposedly abused her...no, I think not. He said he overheard a telephone conversation between JA and Travis. If he knows more then come forward and let JM determine if that's true.

What is wrong with people...not news worthy.

O/T: IU won today :wink:

Yay IU!!!! :great:

I don't think he saw the slice across the neck coming. Did the ME say when in the sequence he believed that occurred? TIA

An interesting phone call came in to HLN from a woman whose husband was a green beret. She commented on traumatic stress syndrome, but she also said her husband said that there was no TA's throat was cut with only one motion. He said it isn't an easy thing to do to the extent JA did it on Travis. She would of had to cut several times. Just thought I would share that. Sounds pretty awful. jmo

My mister prefers the shaving mug a d brush but still uses the bic type raxor, I;m sure the mug a d brush would look old fashioned to a lot of people instead of shaving cream from a can.

Travis' picture on Facebook shows him shaving with a safety razor, not a straight razor. It was just the cup that is old fashioned. And to someone like Jodi using a safety razor where you change the blade might seem old fashioned to her. jmo

I don't believe this at all. If she wanted him just dead, She could have shot him multiple times.. She brought a knife to make him suffer. She wanted it to hurt..

I found an interesting quote from the movie "The Dark Knight" that could apply.

The joker (to Det. Stephens) : Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are.

BBM

That is why I have a problem with the stabbing first theory. If he was standing up and she only had the knife, then I believe he would have jumped on her, and he would have done some visible damage before he was killed. Even if she had the gun and knife, it would have been awkward to try and hold both effectively.

If she punctured his lung with one of the first stabs, he would have been gasping for air and coughing out a lot of blood. He would have been almost completely defenseless after this. He did have a pneumothorax (right side) . The autopsy stated this. She also nicked either his Inferior or Superior vena cava (can't recall which one, but you can see these are huge vessels going to and from the heart). This would cause him to lose blood volume at a rapid pace, quickly develop hypovolemia, and quickly feel very weak.
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/img/structures-of-the-heart.gif

But that's why she had the rental car so the neighbors wouldn't recognize her
car, or her blond hair.

Even as a rental car, it had California plates on it....something that may be noticed and remembered.

MOO

I need to wash my eyes out with bleach after reading this. yuk. I don't even need to see the picture. I can already see it now. Thanks. ;)

Thanks for making me literally laugh out loud!!

And I'm sorry, but not all of our apparatus' will look like that, no matter HOW busy one is getting for HOW many years!!! Hers just ain't right. <And pretend I put a gagging smiley here>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am confused.....a female friend of TA said on her blog??? (the friend or JA's) Travis didn't like body hair....what friend would post that???

Only time I ever heard about this subject came from JA... so, there you go.

And for those speculating that his thighs aren't shaved in the 'on the bed' photos, they aren't - the lack of focus makes it appear that way, that's all.

Man, for a so-called photographer JA can't seem to manage to get more than about 10% of her photos in focus. Yikes.

While I do recall seeing the horizontal and slightly upward reference to ONE chest wound (can't recall where), the Autopsy Report makes no mention, that I can see, of any upward angle.

To quote verbatim from the Autopsy Report:

"Examination of the torso reveals the following sharp force injuries:
- A cluster of nine (9) stab wounds of the upper paramidline right and left sides of the back, ranging in size from 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches, within a 6 x 5 1/2 inch area; all wounds display blunt and sharply incised ends; all wounds penetrate soft tissue of back and impact upon ribs and lateral aspects of vertebral bone (transferse laminae and vertebral bodies), without penetration of chest cavity.
- A 1 inch oblique stab wound of the right paramidline neck base / upper back, with penetration into trapezius muscie.
- A 1 inch horizontal stab wound of the upper paramidline left chest, which terminates at the level of the sternum
- A 1 1/2 inch obllique stab wound of the paramidline right chest, with penetration / perforation of the costochondral junction near the sternum at the level of the 3rd and 4th right ribs; the wound extends to a maximal depth of approximately 3 1/2 inches with penetration of the superior vena cava near the base of the heart, with a small amount of surrounding hemorrhaging in the mediastinal soft tissues and the pericardial sac of the heart; a portion of the costochondral cartillage encompassing the stab wound is excised and retained at the FSC for potential further analysis.
- A deep transverse 2 inch incised wound across the lower right chest, below the nipple, with penetration of the lower portion of the right pectoralis muscle.
- A 1 3/4 inch oblique stab wound of the left upper abdominal quadrant, with a near-tangential subcutaneous adipose tissue wound track (5 3/4 inches long), terminating in adipose tissue of the right lower abdominal quadrant; the abdominal cavity is not penetrated.
- Two (2) very shallow parallel oblique incised wounds of the anterior right shoulder, measuring up to 1 3/4 inch."

If it is not in the ME's Autopsy Report, could Dr. Horn have mentioned it in his testimony? If so, are you sure he said "all" chest wounds were slightly upward, or just the one that I saw a reference to?
This alone should convince the jury that there is NO way her story makes sense. The stabbing...and the depth of stabbing...eats up most of the time, IMO.
Poor Travis. Jodi's judgement day can't come soon enough.

And under this scenario, this is absolutely NO telling what Travis may have verbally unloaded on her! Which just infuriated her further.

I can tell you that if she'd stabbed me, there would have been some ugly words being shot her way...who wouldn't have? All the anger he's shown in those text messages likely escalated to rage, and if he was able to talk at all, I bet he really let her have it.

I envision that he was so shocked after being stabbed that he probably said nothing intelligible while she continued to stab and slash, slicing through the flesh on his hands and arms.

I believe he was screaming alright, but in fear for his life. He was dying and he knew it. His cries were likely loud, but unintelligible, much as she describes them in her intruder story lies.

This is why she was so vicious and quick. She needed to silence him, as she hastily stabbed him in the back and front of his torso. She ultimately did so -- finally and permanently -- with the throat slashing, in less than one minute after starting in the shower.

It may have gone down this way:

"I don't know, Honey. Take a look at this one. Do you want to keep it or delete it? Here, have a look..."

She slides back a little holding the camera toward him with her right hand. He reaches out to take the camera and she drops it as the knife comes out in her left hand, piercing directly into his chest before he has any idea what's happening.

He doesn't even have time to make sense of it. By the time he begins to reflexively get his hands and arms up in front of him, yelling in abject "mortal terror" as she puts it, she's already stabbing him, over and over again, unrelentingly.

He falls forward, perhaps even partially atop her as she claimed during the 'linebacker lunge' lie. He struggles to his feet and makes it to the sink. He sees in the mirror, to his horror, that he's bleeding from wounds to his chest, arms, hands, and alarmingly, his mouth.

He's coughing up blood from his lungs, still wondering who did this to him and why. Then he feels jarring blows from behind and realizes that Jodi is now plunging the knife into his back, repeatedly, both hands on the handle. But he's got to get away. He turns aside from the vanity and sinks to the floor in an attempt to escape.

He's not lying on the floor now; instead he's on all fours and focused on trying to crawl away from the murderess. But she keeps up her frenzied attack, stabbing and cutting him in the back of the head and base of the neck as he slide-crawls, both of them slipping in his blood as he slowly, ever so slowly, moves down the hall.

He's slowing still more now, but is yet alive and loudly moaning. They are at the end of the hall and just on the carpet. She grabs his hair with her right hand, yanks his head back and draws the knife across his throat, all the way to his spine. Instead of going limp and immediately dying, he's still moving slightly and she hears gurgling noises. Believing that the knife has failed her, and now frantically impatient, and/or wanting to portray a second intruder, she drops it and readies her grandfather's handgun. Just as Travis begins to collapse completely flat on the floor, she raises the gun with both hands as she described, and shoots him in the head. But in that instant, he was already dead.

She drags Travis's lifeless body back to the shower, where she had originally planned that he would die.

Oh, did I leave out the fog?

My thought! They aren't sequestered! If they accidentally see a magazine newspaper while at the grocery store, drug store or other errand stops. Not only that! What's to keep family and friends! That know they are. On the jury! What's to keep them from adding subtle hints and oh oh! Oops after they enlighten them on certain things! They may feel the juror needs to know in all fairness!
Sounds crazy hh

Why sequester anyone? Why keep secrets? What exactly are we supposed to be afraid of? There shouldn't even be an instruction to the jury to not watch the news or discuss the case. Aren't we supposed to believe they will be fair? I have heard so many jurors say "we weren't told so and so or we didn't know about this or that". Well whyis that? Innocent people are sent to prison. Guilty people walk the streets because the jury doesnt know everything and evidence is precluded. Bring everything to the open. Then we can have a great judicial system. Then there will be justice.

The neck wound came last. The mark on his face just above the neck wound came from the knife. Either he moved or she nicked his face upon commencement of slashing...
Was it determined whether or not it came from behind, or was it a frontal attack to the neck?

I cannot believe that this jury is not sequestered. How frickin' stoopid is that? Hello?

jmo

Sequester the juries and they will feel imprisoned and they will feel sorry for a defendant and let them walk or give them lighter sentences. I am so against that. And I don't feel "frickin stupid". Thanks?

:Welcome1:

I'm amazed at the things he was able to draw out from witnesses and then rather than push once he had, he let it go,leaving it hanging in the air. When Jodi confessed to having taken a shower after the murder in presumably the same shower stall her victim occupied or when he was doing the cross of Darryl B and had him admit that Jodi had confided she was going to Mesa. I think his rebuttal case will be amazing!
I think a lot of things about DB's testimony will come back on rebuttal. He even tried to get out of admitting that he'd lent her gas cans and when he finally says "yes" he did, it's like a whisper. He flat out said he couldn't remember JA calling him after she had left from breakfast; initially said that she didn't come back and then finally admitted to remembering that she did come back to return a remote! His whole testimony was beyond strange...

moo

ETA - Completely different topic...If you do go back to watch it, take note at 1:06:50. JM asks him if JA got her boob job in May 2006 and as he is answering "yes", JA mouths "no". I found that very strange.

Why sequester anyone? Why keep secrets? What exactly are we supposed to be afraid of? There shouldn't even be an instruction to the jury to not watch the news or discuss the case. Aren't we supposed to believe they will be fair? I have heard so many jurors say "we weren't told so and so or we didn't know about this or that". Well whyis that? Innocent people are sent to prison. Guilty people walk the streets because the jury doesnt know everything and evidence is precluded. Bring everything to the open. Then we can have a great judicial system. Then there will be justice.

BBM- The only issue I have with this is some people can be easily swayed by public opionion "mob mentatility" and news reporters get it wrong sometimes in their reporting.

She already had alibis in UT in the form of RB and various others at the PPL convention. Simplest answer is the plate was flipped since CA to avoid being recorded.

Exactly what I always thought until this information re: Hoover Dam came up. Now I simply believe she chose a different route and avoided Hoover Dam, and had completely forgotten to fix the license plates or not realized the rear one was attached upside down.

MOO

Interesting, but not shocking at all!!! I'm guessing that this part of the article was not part of RS's slide? I couldn't bring myself to watch yesterday.

JM is going to jump all over this!!!

:great:

He sure is! I cannot wait until he sends this quack! Running for cover! When he's done with him!

Ok I know this sounds ignerent
But what is a blown margin

Posting an image on the thread which is so large that it expands the horizontal page/window boundaries and 'hoses' the members who are attempting to read and comment.

I'd show you, but it wouldn't make me very popular.

I agree with what you are saying. I hate to even mention this, but as in the CA case, if the jurors had known what the public had known for a long time, they could never have found her innocent. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee