Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes- :rocker::rocker: Makes perfect sense. :rocker: I guess this is why juror's deliberate. :D

There is some rocky facts about the gunshot with respect to Dr Horn and Flores also that needed clearing. That kinda sticks because why did that key piece of information get mixed-up?

Jodi is so adament that the shot came first otherwise she couldn't have claimed self-defense. She can't claim that he attacked her so she ran down to the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and ran BACK to the bathroom to defend herself since if she was able to get down to the kitchen (and we know he didn't follow her there) it isn't self-defense but murder since there is no reason she could not have kept running out of the house and get away from him, and there wouldn't be any reason for a knife to be in the immediate vacinity that she knew about and could immediately protect herself with. She MUST insist that the gun shot came first because any other scenerio makes it murder, not self-defense.

Personally, I think that she intended to kill him with the knife and only had the gun as back-up. I don't think she wanted to use the gun because of the fear that someone would hear it fire, and she might get caught in the house by police or a neighbor. I also believe that she imagined she could stab him once or twice and he'd die neatly in the shower with all the blood evidence being washed away. I think she freaked out after she stabbed him and he fought back, got out of the shower and was able to not only get out of the bathroom but all the way down the hall, and she went into a frenzy of stabbing because he wasn't conveniently dying right away. I also believe that the throat slitting and subsequent gun shot to the head was that she wanted to make sure he was REALLY dead, but also because she was pissed off at him for not dying neatly and quickly in the shower and made a bloody mess of the place which was not at all what she had invisioned.

Just saw this on my computer homepage> Lifetime movie being made about this trial

My feelings on a Lifetime movie is I would rather them do it and get it out of the way now so that JA or her family could not profit in anyway. Once this movie is out it will take the wind out of any sails except for a book from Travis' family. After the trail and a movie, nobody will be interested in anything from the Arias side.
JMO

As I understand it, reps for both companies are now on the prosecution's witness list. Read it in the observers' thread.

Yes, that is my understanding as well. So, I'm just waiting for the actual testimony and the business records to confirm what we all believe.

Oh boy am I naive what's a body bug

Well, it certainly wasn't the ones we were concerned about when we were in college! Lice are no longer possible with the grooming everyone does these days!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

l just looked at the FB link with the documents and saw the one requesting TA's "criminal conviction" in Riverside CA dated March 12, 2013. What a load of BS! It's already been more than proven in the media that that indeed was NOT TA, the mugshot in CLEAR evidence that someone else who stole TA's identity was the person convicted.

The defence requested this. . ?
How incompetent is this dense team ughhhhhh:furious:

But remember, her story was the gas using it so quickly. she had to stop twice before she went to Travis's.
Not!
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

That was a complete lie because it is not possible for her to have used the amount of gas she claimed to use between Pasadena and Mesquite, NV.

According to Jodi's testimony and the available actual gas purchase records -- she would have used three whole tanks of gas (13 gallons each) plus two 5-gallon cans of gasoline that she purchased in Pasadena, upon her arrival in Mesquite. It would take less than half that amount to get to Mesquite, via Mesa and Hoover Dam, even if she was getting terrible gas mileage.

She could have but wouldn't have needed to. If she wanted to shoot him she'd have just put the gun to his head while he slept.

She was too crazy to just do a quick clean killing like that. If she just wanted to kill him, she could have snuck in, shot him in his sleep ans snuck back out immediately, no muss, no fuss. She probably would not have been caught. Her alibi and timeline would have held up.

But she is sooooooo twisted and bitter, imo, that she had to terrorize him. I bet she enjoyed telling him that he was going to die and WHY he had to die. That wAs why she had to stick around and stretch this whole process out. That was the satisfying part for her.

She was too crazy to just do a quick clean killing like that. If she just wanted to kill him, she could have snuck in, shot him in his sleep ans snuck back out immediately, no muss, no fuss. She probably would not have been caught. Her alibi and timeline would have held up.

But she is sooooooo twisted and bitter, imo, that she had to terrorize him. I bet she enjoyed telling him that he was going to die and WHY he had to die. That wAs why she had to stick around and stretch this whole process out. That was the satisfying part for her.

Except the roommate would have heard the gunshot. She had to wait for the roommate to leave before she started murdering Travis.

My thinking is:

She stabbed him in the chest first; he stumbled to the sink, coughing out the blood, and she is stabbing him in the back; he turns to fend her off, gets stabbed in the hands, torso, maybe the head (over the eyebrow I thought there was a stab wound?), then seeing he is clearly wounded badly and dealing with a psychopath, the tries to get away down the hall; because of the stab to the chest, his legs give out which is when he may be "on all fours" like she said, screaming for help. Since she did not want anyone to hear him, that's when she slit his throat. Dragged him back to the shower, dumped him in it, shot him, then maybe used the cup to wash herself off in the middle of the bathroom (hence the water in the floor diluting the blood and wicked up into the bottom of the box), and runs the shower over him while she does that; she strips off her clothes, puts them in her backpack (sopping wet), dries off, gets dressed in the closet and takes all the bloody towels and the linens to the washer. Diabolical wench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The knife first scenario must put TA in a standing position. The ME report confirms the wounds to the chest came from a knife thrust that was horizontal and slightly upward. Thrusting a knife downward into the chest is NOT consistent with autopsy report. It is therefore unlikely that JA launched her assault while TA was in a sitting position – unlike the case that she shot him first.

A much larger and more physically able TA standing toe to toe with a knife bearing JA is problematic.

On its face TA in the standing position could have overwhelmed JA based on a mutual “fight or flight” reaction – especially since her initial onslaught depleted the element of surprise. Most of the TA chest wounds were shallow. Only one thrust entered the thorax and managed to cut the superior vena cava. It would take minutes and minutes before this sort of wound would have an effect on TA’s ability to maneuver and fight back. All the back wounds were superficial and non-life threatening.

Finally I personally cannot entirely understand why JA – after having butchered him, after his near lifeless body has yielded some 4 liters of blood that spilled out on the bathroom and bedroom floor, after taking note of her bloody and wounded hands and her bloody clothes – would think:

“OH GOSH!!!! Here I brought this little gun with me!! What should I do now?
Hmmmm. . . .let’s see; I will take this gun out of my ?pocket, *advertiser censored* it and put a round into TA’s head. That sounds like a neat thing to do!! “

"After all I don't want a loaded gun that I carried all the way from Yreka to Mesa to go to waste!!!"

[NOTE- One explanation that I heard that sort of makes sense to me is that JA deliberately wanted to confuse the crime scene. She evidently thought to herself - if I use 2 different weapons in this murder it will appear that TA murder was a group effort. This appearance and deduction would further throw the "scent" away from JA. This theory was bolstered by one of JA initial questions to Flores 6/2008 via telephone. She asked "were multiple people involved in the crime?". The Ninja Story suggests her belief that police thought the murder was a community effort also adds credibility to JA motive in using 2 different weapons]

And I'm sure she was yelling about why he was making her do it the whole time. That girl can not keep her mouth shut.

her license plate story doesn't jive. If the skaters took the plate off and reattached it upside down on , and she found her front license plate on the floor, how did she manage to have Ryan just screw it back on? was he traveling with a handy screwdriver and extra screws by coincidence? Or did she have the tool kit on her? This is a critical lie, I'm surprised that Juan didn't catch this and she didn't offer up a explanation. But then again "nobody asked her" Were the plate screws just laying on the ground nice and neat?

IIRC JM said it held 12 gallons

I believe the precise spec is about 11.7 with about a 2 gallon reserve, give or take a gallon.

That's close enough to 12 gallons for me.

Wanna pick nits?

There are other factors affecting the amount of fuel which can be pumped prior to overflow:

• How empty is the tank?
  • What is the temperature of the vehicle's tank and fill tube?
  • What is the temperature of the station's underground tank and pump/hose mechanism?
  • How accurate is the pump's calibration/meter and its consistency over time?
  • Is the engine running?
  • Did the prior customer empty the hose such that it required re-priming?
  • Did she fill only the tank or the fill tube as well?
  • How rapidly did she pump, especially toward the end of the fill?
  • And more...

As I understand it, reps for both companies are now on the prosecution's witness list. Read it in the observers' thread.

Please help me find the observer's thread. Yes, I AM that dumb. :blushing:

She did not testify to that -- it was revealed in her bank statement. She paid over $40 for gas in Mesquite, NV, but conveniently didn't keep that with her stack of alibi receipts.

So she put at least ten gallons of gas in her car in Mesquite -- and it's safe to assume she filled up because it wasn't a prepay and it wasn't an exact amount for the purchase. It really depends on when she used the extra cans to add gas to her tank and how much she used. But if she filled up in Mesquite, NV, she would have had at least a gallon of gas in her tank when she got to SLC ..she did not run out of gas.

Ok, I did the math again. Assuming that she had at least one gallon of gas left over at the station in Utah, she would have had 12.3 gallons after maxing out the rental car's tank capacity. That would leave 4 gallons per three 5 gallon gas cans (consistent with her claim that she didn't fill them to the brim because of the heat).

A way to really nail her down is the answer to this question -- could one of her 5 gallon tanks hold 6 gallons of gas?

Ok, what is your peeps opinions on this?

There is a shaving brush in this photo but no razor.

My straight razor theory flows in again... :banghead:

Attachments

• 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors