Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know something I don't understand is that this psychologist is testifying that she has PTSD which came about after the murder. She was in deep denial...she has all these symptoms like those of police officers who are confronted with life or death situations...

What I don't understand is why a diagnosis of PTSD after she murdered Travis has any relevance at this point??? He can't testify to her having a mental condition before. Who cares how JA is doing physically or mentally now...she murdered Travis plain and simple.

I get it helps explain why she can't remember. BUT who cares if she can't remember - she did admit to killing him, the evidence shows she did it and Travis is gone.

I don't care how JA is "feeling" right now.

My hubby said the very same thing. Who gives a flying flip if she has PTSD and what does that have to do with her murdering Travis in cold blood.

Its a farce diagnosis trying to explain her affect on the stand. Juan needs to ask him what are the traits of a psychopath and if he is honest it will fit JA to a T and fully explain how she acts.

IMO

Nurmi and company ARE treating it like an assassin for hire. And they rightly point out that having sex with Travis on the night she planned to kill him is not consistent with a premeditated murder plot that was hatched a week prior. Nurmi stressed this point several times on direct. Juan should have tried to explain why the sex happened that day. My belief is that she had second thoughts or cold feet at one point and allowed herself to be seduced into sex twice. But once she reverted back to her original plan she had to clean up the mistake she made -- the sex, and the shower ruse was born. Having him wash his own body of her DNA and pubic hairs under the ruse of a photo shoot was perfect. Once she was satisfied with the cleaning, she stood up (and accidently snapped two pictures) and went for the murder weapon.

one thing seems to be missing from the shower. That seems to be soap or soap suds. can anyone else make out evidence of him actually "showering" from those pictures?

She didn't have her car. It was a Budget rental remember? So where she parked is of great interest to me. It seems like an upper class community so I hope they asked neighbors if they captured anything in their surveillance cameras which I'm sure there were plenty.

I've wondered that too. Also, where did she park all those times she snuck into his house and was found in closet etc? She must not have parked out front or in garage those times either or they would have known she was inside and not been surprised to catch her there?

She didn't have her car. It was a Budget rental remember? So where she parked is of great interest to me. It seems like an upper class community so I hope they asked neighbors if they captured anything in their surveillance cameras which I'm sure there were plenty.

There's a public park diagonally across the street from Travis' house. Lots of unnoticed comings and goings.

As much as I would take jury duty seriously (I haven't been called in years), I am not so sure I could control myself. I mean, I am seriously addicted to WS to begin with, and to be on a jury on a case that I knew would be big on WS, could I control the urge to check what was being said? I really don't think I could. I would most likely disclose this problem before being picked for the jury however, since I realize it just isn't right. :blushing: I'm an addict but at least I am self aware :floorlaugh:
I'm not so sure that someone on the jury isn't going home and reading about it, or watching coverage of it. I hope not, but you really just never know.

I have no evidence to back this up, but I can pretty much guarantee some jury members have been peeking at or have recieved heresay evidence from the media. It would almost be impossible to go about everyday life and not have this trial come up in converasation or on the tv/radio/internet etc. And I really don't have a problem with it either. I think the jurors should at least be allowed to discuss the case amongst themselves. Just imagine if you watched this whole trial and weren't allowed to discuss the evidence with others. It would be torture and my curiosity would drive me crazy!

The most telling sign to me is that not one of Travis' friends has spoken of Arias as a good friend and warm person. You would have thought some of Travis' female friends would have bonded with Arias, but none did. And I'll bet Arias can count her female friends in Yreka on one hand ...

You never hear the comment from Travis' friends ... "Wow, I really had taken a liking to Jodi and can't believe she would do such a thing" or "Jodi was a lot of fun to be around and we had so many laughs together" ...

I've been confused all along about the assumption that they had sex. I still find those pictures very odd and disjointed. Especially the two of TA, the fact that the bed is made, etc...

I've searched everywhere for the first 15 minutes too and have not been able to find it.

Strange indeed.

Note the pigtails - the girl is pulling out all the stops, LOL!

You know something I don't understand is that this psychologist is testifying that she has PTSD which came about after the murder. She was in deep denial...she has all these symptoms like those of police officers who are confronted with life or death situations...

What I don't understand is why a diagnosis of PTSD after she murdered Travis has any relevance at this point??? He can't testify to her having a mental condition before. Who cares how JA is doing physically or mentally now...she murdered Travis plain and simple.

I get it helps explain why she can't remember. BUT who cares if she can't remember - she did admit to killing him, the evidence shows she did it and Travis is gone.

I don't care how JA is "feeling" right now.

i think they are introducing it to sway people from thinking exactly what we are, that anything she can't sufficiently lie about she can't remember because of the fog. if the jury truly believes she has some sort of amnesia then perhaps they would cut her some slack about certain inconsistencies and not being able to explain impossible scenarios.

If you look through the evidence photos, the one outside Travis's house shows a white car inside the police tape. So if she backed in her white car after taking off the front plate, a casual observer neighbor may not have noticed anything out of place.

But what a risk to take - suppose one of the roommates had something come up - and came to the house unexpectedly while she was there - or that someone else might drop by unannounced... It just seems incredible to me that she would leave that risk open. If her car wasn't there, she'd just hide in Travis' room - and while he was still alive, if this happened, he'd probably let her stay hidden if someone came by to see him.

You're probably right, but it just seems so... stupid for her to be so nonchalant about that. imv

why is Jodi buying more knives and new gun if she has PTSD? hooking up with more men?

My hubby said the very same thing. Who gives a flying flip if she has PTSD and what does that have to do with her murdering Travis in cold blood.

Its a farce diagnosis trying to explain her affect on the stand. Juan needs to ask him what are the traits of a psychopath and if he is honest it will fit JA to a T and fully explain how she acts.

IMO

I think the issue here is that Jodi had to take the stand. She didn't have a single piece of evidence to show that Travis was abusive, so she pretty much had to. Then she had to explain why she couldn't "remember" killing him. If she didn't explain it on direct, the prosecution was sure to ask her. So now she's got her expert to give some BS about PTSD.

But what a risk to take - suppose one of the roommates had something come up - and came to the house unexpectedly while she was there - or that someone else might drop by unannounced... It just seems incredible to me that she would leave that risk open. If her car wasn't there, she'd just hide in Travis' room - and while he was still alive, if this happened, he'd probably let her stay hidden if someone came by to see him.

You're probably right, but it just seems so... stupid for her to be so nonchalant about that. imv

she probably would have killed anyone who caught her, with the gun.

Oh it would be torture for me. Not the part about avoiding media but the bit about not discussing it with anyone. I couldn't do it.

Oh I could. I like to sleep at night. These people have someone's life in their hands. It's a solemn charge. I wouldn't want to do anything to compromise that or my conscience... It would be hard, sure, but the guilt would be much harder, imv. :)

There's a public park diagonally across the street from Travis' house. Lots of unnoticed comings and goings.

Plus, this is a house with 3 single young men. I think one of them, Enrique, had only been living there 2 weeks. Neighbors might not know which car is his. All 3 had girlfriends. Must have been lots and lots of unknown cars around. However, I think she didn't want to have her California license plate identified, so I'm sure she parked around the corner. JMO

Oh I could. I like to sleep at night. These people have someone's life in their hands. It's a solemn charge. I wouldn't want to do anything to compromise that or my conscience... It would be hard, sure, but the guilt would be much harder, imv. :)

i'd be too scared that they had my phone tapped and hidden cameras on me, lol.

So, headstanding is a yoga thing, didn't know that even thought I did it alot as a youth and lots of other crazy thinks like crossing and wrapping legs like a pretzel and walking on my knees. But that was a kid thing for me like climbing trees. So I said to my self, why would someone do a headstand such stressful conditions, to me anyway. Then something hit me and I wondered that she was trying to make herself look flush/red faced.
Then I looked it up.

http://www.naturalnews.com/023880_health_blood_brain.html

Turning ourselves upside down is not only an amazing practice for health... but for beauty as well.

So I am not quit sure why she did it but since she was so concerned about her appearance for the mugshot I thought that maybe this is why. idk jmo

I wonder how long I have to stand on my head to reverse the gray hair and wrinkles???? Cause I'd do it!

The most telling sign to me is that not one of Travis' friends has spoken of Arias as a good friend and warm person. You would have thought some of Travis' female friends would have bonded with Arias, but none did. And I'll bet Arias can count her female friends in Yreka on one hand ...

You never hear the comment from Travis' friends ... "Wow, I really had taken a liking to Jodi and can't believe she would do such a thing" or "Jodi was a lot of fun to be around and we had some many laughs together" ...

Well, there's the Freemans, but I get the impression that Daniel Freeman was a little leery of her even if he testified for her. I wonder what she thought when she heard all his friends immediately suspected her?

Several days ago dh and I watched a 2010 documentary we'd gotten from the library. As ususal, there were previews first, one for a movie based on a true story in England in the late 1970s. A young, male Mormon missionary was kidnapped by a gun-toting, blond bombshell (former Miss Wyoming), taken to a secure location, and raped...by her. Google "Mormon Man in Chains Case" for details. Miss Wyoming herself promotes the movie in all her giggly, 60ish sex kitten glory.

Yes, that's right. But I wonder if there were any photos taken of what she had piled in the car, etc., or - when the gun was finally located, a photo of that.

I just want to see the photos, that's all. :) If they exist.

I know they have to exist like they do with all SWs. I think this might come out in the sentencing phase. She has made up some stupid excuse why she bought the gun but she also had knives in the loaded rental car at the time of her arrest. I hope they introduce the evidence such as the gun/knives. It will be interesting to see what type of knives they are.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members