Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been confused all along about the assumption that they had sex. I still find those pictures very odd and disjointed. Especially the two of TA, the fact that the bed is made, etc...

I've searched everywhere for the first 15 minutes too and have not been able to find it.

Strange indeed.

Those head shots of TA in the shower read like a man in the sexual throes of a BJ, imo. I see his face, eyes closed, head tilted up, lips slightly open and it screams sex.

But if that's true and JA was giving him a BJ in the shower who took the pictures? Did TA have a tripod for his new camera?

I wonder if she is receiving treatment in jail for her so-called PTSD?? In the form of therapy or medication?

Some types of medication used to treat mental disorders especially those conditions that are related to anxiety can sometimes create a sort of numbing effect on people. I don't want JA to not be numbed up and therefore having an easier time in jail.

I mean no disrespect for those who need medication to treat a real disorder - I have experience with this in my family.

MOO

Yes, I was there in summer of '02 and they wouldn't let us pass at all because we were in an RV.

OT - and I don't know why but you just reminded me of the movie, "Lost in America" with Albert Brooks. :floorlaugh:

IIRC, when arrested Jodi had another rental car, and her mother asked about the 9mm and the police tracked the rental down and found it strapped to the engine.

I hadn't heard about this. Strapped to the engine like, with duct tape??? Hmmmm

I believe there was a checkpoint prior to the Bypass, which opened in Feb, 2011 iIrc, which does not have a checkpoint (guess it's far enough from the dam itself that the extra security isn't required?). At least that's what I recall - people were elated about not having the hassle.

Yes. I saw that pic and the horrific traffic came flooding right back into my memory lol

Here's a link that talks about the AZ checkpoint prior to the bypass. It was 9 miles from the dam itself on the AZ side. I knew it was a long way, but I didn't know it was that far.

Hoover Dam Police - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Couple of questions

Does anyone remember when it was that the good doc states he and Nurmi confronted her about the two assailants story?

Was she driving TA's BMW when she moved back to CA?

Had she by the time of the murder, replaced AZ plates with CA plates?

TIA

Here's my theory about her ongoing additions and changes to the gun story -- she is a psychopath, right? So she really has no way of knowing what emotions and thoughts are behind the jury questions about the gun, especially since she cannot see the actual jurors asking the questions and read their expressions. She gets the deadpan reading from the judge and does not know what it means because she does not cue to normal human thoughts and emotions.

She is misinterpreting the jury questions as sincere questions seeking clarification and explanation -- since they asked about the box the gun was in, she thinks they must really believe the gun was in a box, so she just goes with it thinking she is connecting with one of the jurors. She is not careful to keep track of her story because she is misreading the cues from the questions, and you can see she answers those jury questions without even pausing or blinking or missing a beat - because she thinks she is manipulating them.

She is more cautious with Juan because she knows he is trying to convict her, so she reads malice into every single thing he asks. Since he brings up that the gun was unloaded, she adds in that it was also loaded -- on the fly, just throws that in there to respond to what she assumes is Juan's trickery. She is trying to throw him off balance, trying to win at his game, clueless to the way that she is perceived by everyone who watches her.

^^ I think this, more than anything, is why she adamantly and stubbornly denied the third gas can -- she did not want Juan to be right about this, no matter what, without concern or shame in anticipation of being exposed as flat-out lying to the jurors.

Here's an insightful post from minor4th this morning, which some might have missed.

But what a risk to take - suppose one of the roommates had something come up - and came to the house unexpectedly while she was there - or that someone else might drop by unannounced... It just seems incredible to me that she would leave that risk open. If her car wasn't there, she'd just hide in Travis' room - and while he was still alive, if this happened, he'd probably let her stay hidden if someone came by to see him.

You're probably right, but it just seems so... stupid for her to be so nonchalant about that. imv
I hate neurology but there have been lots of studies done to show that a psychopath's brain works very differently than that of a normal person. Including the areas responsible for assessing risk and social anxieties that keep many 'normal' people in check.

The 'whys' still aren't fully understood but here's one recent article you may find interesting.

Why Psychopaths Take Dumb Risks?

Several days ago dh and I watched a 2010 documentary we'd gotten from the library. As ususal, there were previews first, one for a movie based on a true story in England in the late 1970s. A young, male Mormon missionary was kidnapped by a gun-toting, blond bombshell (former Miss Wyoming), taken to a secure location, and raped...by her. Google "Mormon Man in Chains Case" for details. Miss Wyoming herself promotes the movie in all her giggly, 60ish sex kitten glory.

I just watched the trailer, what a nutter!
Probably the defendant's hero. :facepalm:

Tabloid (2010)
A documentary on a former Miss Wyoming who is charged with abducting and imprisoning a young Mormon Missionary.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1704619/

Mark Eiglarsh tweeted me back! Swoon... I'm in love.... Don't tell my hubby;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lulu! I looked too and wished I would not have. To me, that thing is her clitoris, which is way bigger and hanging out than I have ever seen! lol

She's just nasty and gross.

Maybe someone should start a 'hoo ha' thread? Personally, I don't understand the fascination with hers - unless there's something about it that proves premeditation!!! :floorlaugh: . :) It's a body part... some people have these, some people have something different. The lighting and such also have an effect, believe it or not, too.

But carry on! It seems to be of great interest so I guess I'm the oddball! :)

bbm: I wonder why Travis would want someone taking care of Naps on those dates? His trip wasn't until the 10th, and I don't recall hearing anything about him being away from the 4th to the 9th...
...Plus, if the ex-gf DID come over on the 4th, wouldn't that be a potentially problematic situation - yikes! She'd probably call for Travis... those dates make no sense to me - but I think I understand that this was just conjecture on someone's part?

I wonder if Travis ever instructed anyone to put the gate up when he was away and Naps was taken care of by various sitters. I still don't see why he'd barricade the stairs and hall when they could keep the doors closed. But that's just me. :)

No no no. Travis didn't instruct anyone. They (she) took it upon herself to feed Napoleon and ASSUMED, Travis just left and perhaps forgot to leave instructions. Remember, this was NOT a close household dynamic. These were 3 single men who had work, church and a social life. The roommate whose girlfriend who volunteered to feed the pup, was the newest roommate of only 2-weeks. So there had been no time to get used to any routine or variations thereof.

I hate neurology but there have been lots of studies done to show that a psychopath's brain works very differently than that of a normal person. Including the areas responsible for assessing risk and social anxieties that keep many 'normal' people in check.
b
The 'whys' still aren't fully understood but here's one recent article you may find interesting.

Why Psychopaths Take Dumb Risks?

Thanks for the link, BritsKate. I became aware of what can happen with the brain when my husband got a brain tumor. The very first symptom was personality change. In the beginning at least, he didn't behave badly, just different, very, very different.

I think there's so much we don't know about how the brain works that it would be pointless to pick one thing as being responsible for psychopathy.

Obviously, jodi would have been fully aware of her diagnoses of PTSD from Dr. Samuels prior to the start of te trial; this would have been a " condition precedent"; therefore when Juan continually asked her if she had " a problem with her memory (Mamm)...I would think she would have had to be forthcoming with said diagnoses. This applies to the jury question regarding her mental health,as well.
Why was she able to skirt this issue?
The only good thing about this is that it is so obvious that most of the jurors are able to intuit the reason why as we all here at WS do....

SmoothOperator, I agree with you about Jodi's sociopathy being on full display with Flores. When he eventually told her she wasn't acting like innocent people act, without missing a beat she morphed into an interested student seeking instruction. "Is it because I'm not crying?" Chilling.

And, wouldn't you know, minutes later - what is she doing? Crying. You're so right - Flores surprised her with that - had her pegged and you could almost see the wheels turning as she tried to figure out how to act since he wouldn't tell her and she had no experience of how a normal person would act - except from the movies and television, but she didn't seem to be trying to fake any emotion at first, that's how superior and confident she apparently felt. What a creep!

I wonder if she is receiving treatment in jail for her so-called PTSD?? In the form of therapy or medication?

Some types of medication used to treat mental disorders especially those conditions that are related to anxiety can sometimes create a sort of numbing effect on people. I don't want JA to not be numbed up and therefore having an easier time in jail.

I mean no disrespect for those who need medication to treat a real disorder - I have experience with this in my family.

MOO

She claims not to have access to mental health care.... Thus far.

IMO she'll do just fine an adapt well to prison life. Psychopaths usually do.

I was dx'd 11 years ago with PTSD ... Only thing that worked for me was EMDR therapy. I was completely cured in about 8 sessions. I would strongly urge anyone suffering to try it. It's amazing. I wasted a few years with meds and traditional cognitive therapy with zero results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, wouldn't you know, minutes later - what is she doing? Crying. You're so right - Flores surprised her with that - had her pegged and you could almost see the wheels turning as she tried to figure out how to act since he wouldn't tell her and she had no experience of how a normal person would act - except from the movies and television, but she didn't seem to be trying to fake any emotion at first, that's how superior and confident she apparently felt. What a creep!

Interesting! Do you think she was really crying when she said she was shallow in the new interview footage? It seemed legit to me and that is pathetic.

I'm 5' 6 (or 5'5 3/4 as a nurse once corrected me after I wrote 5'6 on a form) and I wear a size 11, very wide.

My 9 yr old wears a women's 5.

People are all shapes & sizes.

Any King Of The Hill fans here? It's an ongoing joke in the series that Peggy Hill has inordinately large feet (size 16, to be exact). She's mortified by this (especially after she is duped into being a model/actress in what turns out to be foot fetish videos on the internet). Her husband, however, is mystified as to why she's upset about them; he loves all of her, including her feet, which he lovingly compares to the good, sturdy tires on his beloved pickup truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro