Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm canadian so i the only american court xp i have is watching law and order. i know there is a DA on that show that prosecutes for the state, what or how close is JM from this position if anyone knows? TIA

Juan Martinez is a prosecutor in Maricopa County, State of Arizona.

Not sure if that is all you were asking....

:)

Part of premeditation could be the fact that there were no " puppy prints" at the crime scene....
Knowing how dedicated and beloved , Travis's dog Napoleon was, there is no way he would have voluntarily left the scene of the mureder...
Jodi must have gated him out before hand...
I know this can never be proved, but as a jurist, I think I would inherently know....

Really good point BC!! (I love your avatar btw). The gate was totally JA 's doing .....the roomies already said it was weird that Napoleon had been blocked from the upstairs(but I'm assuming they thought Travis did it before 'leaving for Cancun '-like they thought- and of course, if they are renting from 'TA the landlord ' they aren't gonna take the gate down while hes gone....does that make any sense? :waitasec:

Hi all. I'm trying to put together a timeline of all the negative texts between JA and Travis. But for the life of me, I can't find the text on (I believe) May 22, 2008 where Travis calls her a psychopath. Any help pointing me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

i'm canadian so i the only american court xp i have is watching law and order. i know there is a DA on that show that prosecutes for the state, what or how close is JM from this position if anyone knows? TIA

He's an ADA, Assistant District Attorney.

Jodi noted that Napleon was present during the CD throwing incident...
Did they shut him out after that... I think not...
I believe she purposely gated him while Travis was in the shower - hence no bloody doggie footprints at the crime scene..
This can never be proven ...but I believe it is another factor in the cold, calculated,premeditated way she approached this murder

I was a witness in a murder trial about 10 years ago. The story got some news coverage, nothing at all like this o course. They got EVERYTHING wrong all the time.

I think a good example would be this business about Travis having a previous arrest for assault. If a juror only saw the first day's reports, he might think it was true. So a juror would have to be diligent in reading everything to make sure he got all the news.

And then what about Facebook? And what about this website? Could a juror look here? We do a tremendous amount of speculating here and we don't have all the information that LE is gathered, so some of our speculations are bound to be wrong. And how about that "other site?" I would hate for jurors to read what they're saying. Look at Brian Carr, look at Jodi's childhood friend. Look at Gus Searcy who's off saying who knows what to get his 15 minutes. There's just way too much out there for the jurors to be looking at.

JM is "Jack"...the senior trial lawyer in almost all older episodes. "Jack" became DA several years ago and rarely, if ever, prosecutes cases himself any more.

She turned the back one upside down so she would be stopped in Utah and
that would be evidence that she was in Utah. The front one being off was
her fabricated story to go along with why the rear plate was upside down.

Why turn the plate upside down so you would be stopped in Utah and use that as an alibi--Ryan Burns would have been an airtight alibi.

#33 - cell phone on the left side of the desk?

No phones eh Jodi?

There goes her sex on the desk statement. If she was forced on the desk, even just her hands, she would have knocked things off. The desk has many things that do not look displaced. The drawer is open which means she was probably in the drawer looking for something afterwards.

Where is the computer that he played the CD's on? Where is the disk on the floor?

BBM

That is why I have a problem with the stabbing first theory. If he was standing up and she only had the knife, then I believe he would have jumped on her, and he would have done some visible damage before he was killed. Even if she had the gun and knife, it would have been awkward to try and hold both effectively.

I’m having some difficulty believing she used the gun last. Why would she shoot the gun in the end, if she hadn’t shot it up until that point? She seemed to have had the upper hand with the knife and most likely could have finished him off with it and maybe did. Why would she use the gun unnecessarily and take the chance of having it traced back to her?

Maybe she filled the two RED (gas) ones together and the BLUE (kero) separately because she didn't want to be seen putting gas into a kerosene can. I'm not sure but I think it might be illegal for safety reasons?

moo

Per ARB/CA (later adopted by all states per the EPA), container color does matter:
Here's the .pdf for those who are really bored :) :
http://www.arb.ca.gov/regact/pfc/2005/cp501.pdf

And here are excerpts from an eHow article, taken from EPA updated standards:

Color
Legal PFCs must conform to a standard color regulation. Gasoline containers are red, diesel containers are yellow and kerosene containers are blue. The spout must have stamped lettering embossed on it labeling the fuel type of the container in a large 34-point, Arial or other easy-to-read font.

Design
Fuel containers are designed to have an easy-to-recognize appearance. Fuel must not be transported in any container that does not meet the required standards, is not made specifically for the purpose of transporting fuel, and is not the proper color for the fuel type.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6973444_regulations-transport-fuel-cans.html

I also read that in some states or at some stations, attendants have to fill your containers for you - I guess to ensure folks aren't using the wrong containers (kerosene containers are cheaper than gas cans, I believe. Which is probably why JA bought a kero can). And we know she plays fast and loose with the law and other rules...

Only time I ever heard about this subject came from JA... so, there you go.

And for those speculating that his thighs aren't shaved in the 'on the bed' photos, they aren't - the lack of focus makes it appear that way, that's all.

Man, for a so-called photographer JA can't seem to manage to get more than about 10% of her photos in focus. Yikes.

thanks....JA is the only one I had heard of saying TA didn't like body hair too...does anyone remember if he has underarm hair? HE just didn't seem like a guy who would be worried about body hair....more like SHE didn't like it...probably got stuck in her teeth:slap:

i don't know...that thing still looks 3D round to me :biggrin:

Seriously, that's what it is. There's even a mark on his upper arm which indicates he was recently wearing it.

court-photo.jpg

You can see it on his upper right arm.

I will certainly sleuth for the footage ;)

Did anyone catch when JA said something about maybe she was wrong about the old fashioned shaving???? I thought it was strange that she would admit to being wrong about anything.

I’m having some difficulty believing she used the gun last. Why would she shoot the gun in the end, if she hadn’t shot it up until that point? She seemed to have had the upper hand with the knife and most likely could have finished him off with it and maybe did. Why would she use the gun unnecessarily and take the chance of having it traced back to her?

I believe she shoot him last as per ME testimony about no bleeding from gun shot and I think it was because she didn't understand that he was dead because his body was still making noises and also maybe because she wanted it to appear like there were 2 intruders. jmo

Seriously, that's what it is. There's even a mark on his upper arm which indicates he was recently wearing it.

court-photo.jpg

You can see it on his upper right arm.

It makes sense that he would own this device too, as he had been working on getting in shape for Cancun.

Sorry, off topic for a second. Could you good, interesting people go clean for awhile so the rest of us can try and catch up with you. I took the afternoon off from WS and cleaned my kitchen, scrubbed the floor. Good grief, when I come back you are 5000 pages ahead of me! :blushing:

Something that makes no utter sense to me is JA running into Travis's closet. If I was running down the hall in sheer terror, the only thought I would have is how to get away the fastest. If Jodi had turned the other way and run down the stairs, she could have easily flown down those stairs and outside. I highly doubt TA was going to run outside after her with no clothes on. She had a split second to make a choice and common sense would tell her to turn to the left and out of the house. I would never have taken the chance of being cornered in the closet or bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876