Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to think she did the majority of her clean up at the house. I think there would be a whole lot more blood around the house just with the laundry , placing the gate, etc. she did. She had to have been DRENCHED with blood after that brutality so she had to change clothes, shower. I think she may have had residual blood on her hands from grabbing weapons and items that were bloody at the last minute. But as far as her person I think she was pretty cleaned up by the time she left. THere would also have been blood all over that rental car if she got in it "as is".

I think she was VERY well planned with this murder which explains the lack of wounds on herself and the way she got her clothes etc disposed of which also speaks to her own "cleanup".

Sharing a personal experience that ties into the photo of Jodi's sock, pant leg, and Travis's right arm lifted off the ground...
Not long ago I sat by the bedside of my dying mother. She had Alzheimer's and had drifted into what seemed to be a coma. All of a sudden she lifted her arm and touched her hand to her head, seemingly grimacing in pain. I told the hospice nurse and they gave her medication for what appeared to me as a headache. I think Travis was still semi-conscious at that point and was trying to touch his head (pain from the gunshot) meanwhile Jodi is slitting his throat. Jodi is taking up valuable oxygen on this planet.

O/T but I can't just ignore that this is one of those most depressing mornings. one of my very good friends has a best friend she grew up with and who's brother married her sister. Easy to follow for a sleuther. Anyway, late last night I was informed that her best friend's 4-yr old granddaughter died last evening in a drowning accident at the grandfather's house during a birthday party for another grandchild. I am so sick to my stomach for the family.

First, it's my worst fear. My daughter has a pool, and my two granddaughter's are both under that age. Second, my own daughters friend had the same thing happen with her two yr old. Maybe it comes with my risk/safety management career, but I am obsessed with keeping people safe.

Which leads me to the circling around to this trial. With all the natural disasters (and I do include man made in those), accidents, and diseases that cause such suffering....there is no excuse for senseless violence. Life is too precious as it is. I think this is why I am so sickened with unnecessary violence and feel so strongly in holding these perps accountable.

I don't like to think of evil, and I want to align my life with those who channel the best in humanity, but clearly I am not as enlightened as I wish I was, because I want nothing more than to hear "Guilty" and have her sentenced in accordance with those the family desires.

:grouphug:

Hugs to you!

Here's another little piece of the Starbucks ARCO puzzle ... the time on the Starbucks receipt is 8:41 PM and the 1st ARCO transaction is at 8:42 PM. Arias would have needed to leave Starbucks and somehow cross the intersection at E.Foothill Road to get to the ARCO on the other side of the street. Most likely she would have driven down along the wall in front of the Whole Foods and then made a right back onto E. Foothill Blvd and then proceeded to the traffic light. A U-turn would have been required to access the ARCO on the other side of E.Foothill at 3706.

I find it hard to believe that she got in her car at Starbucks, started to back out, saw the license plate, got out, looked at the plate, took the plate back and threw it in her car, and then proceeded to ARCO, and activated the gas pump in ONE MINUTE !!!

Good catch! And the 8:41 SB's receipt was inside the store, so she had to walk to the car, get in, back out, stop, get out, go look at the license plate, get back in, pull out, make the U-turn, stop at Arco, get out, and start filling up...all in let's say two minutes, because most liberally the SB receipt could have been 8:41 exactly, and the Arco receipt could have been 8:42 and 59 seconds. Either way, not likely.

This picture has bothered me since day one. Look at the last photo taken - of him being dragged, from how I see it, by his arms. :(

I would guess his body is lifted about 1 1/2ft off the ground. The person dragging him would have to be very tall with long arms and legs in order for their feet and legs to not be showing up closer to his body while dragging him.. ??

Also, the camera did not take this picture from the ground. The angle of the photo is downward and looks to be a few feet back... ? That means the camera had to have been on a person somewhere at about hip height.. standing back a few feet, and was NOT taken by the person who is dragging him. ??

If I am correct, this picture equals two people, one very tall doing the dragging and the other standing back with the camera hip high.. ??

What do you guys see in this picture???

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad64/SoulShynz9293/shower_travis_murder_pics_xtralarge.jpg

I'm assuming there is exactly one person, female, 5'6", 130 lbs., dragging Travis's partially covered dead body in a sheet and holding a camera which snaps a photo, inadvertently -- or more chillingly, intentionally.

After all, she can always admire and delete it later.

I think that a lot of her narrative was created after discovery. I think initially her ninja story had huge elements of truth to it, because she was trying to explain away the scene that she THOUGHT she left behind.

I think that the story we're hearing on the stand now is based on elements she garnered from discovery, elements that she KNEW she left behind, as forensics showed:

Travis watching youtube videos when she got there at 4AM - whether she arrived at 4AM, this she knew from the computer forensics report.

Travis cleaning house, left chairs on the couch, must have been cleaning the floor. This she knew from testimony of friends that the cleaner was oddly in the room the evening of the 4th, and crime scene photos show it standing in the room. This is better than her admitting that she cleaned the floor and polished the banister.

Maybe the knife ended up in the dishwasher, as she had "vague" memories of putting a knife in there. She knew there were crime scene photos of the knives. Why not steer the investigation in that direction; she knew the real knife was really left in a dumpster or desert somewhere.

Just had a thought while I was reading the last few posts about the knives. I bet she brought hew own knife that she was quite familiar with as her favorite 'slasher' knife. Maybe this knife, being that it slashed Travis' tires as well as his throat, was kept as her trophy. Wouldn't it have great sentimental value for her? What if it is one of the ones that was found in the books when she was arrested?

I have a question. Does anyone know anything about the knives they found packed with her books when she was arrested?

I was thinking that might tell us something about the one she used on Travis.

I agree---were those knives tested to see if they could possibly be the murder weapons?

Oh that's just horrible and shocking the first part of your post. :( so sorry.

And as far as the last sentence, I think you can consider yourself "enlightened" and champion for justice in this way. There is a place for intolerance in this world and this case is one those places. imo.

I feel the same way KCL, except for one event and family that caused me to search my soul. I was on the Board for a non-profit org dedicated to nurturing the innate ability of children to cultivate peace. It is an amazing organization.

In a tragic irony, one of the co-founders who had been a teen at the time (at Carlsbad High School in SD County) was studying at Harvard when she received news that her only sibling, her brother, was found stabbed to death in their hometown back east. He had a flight booked to come home the following evening.

Suffice to say that I know her and her family very well. Although no motive was ever established and no suspect whatsoever....maybe a random gang initiation killing....the family remained steadfast in their refusal to condemn the killer. At the celebration of his life that was held on the beach with Bon fires and stories, I was struck by the compassionate resolve of the family to harbor no ill will toward the perp. This same sentiment is the foundation of Azim Khamisa of TKF....but while it is infinitely inspiring, I just can't do it in so many cases.

If Jodi ever showed an ounce of remorse, or came clean...perhaps I could harbor some compassion. I simply can't. I try to walk in the families shoes and would like to think that I could work through the emotions and come to a place of forgiveness, but then I think, BS!! If anyone murdered my loved one like Jodi did to Travis, especially my child...I would have to restrain myself from vigilante justice, yanno? On the other hand, there is this example from my other friend's who challenge my soul. ::: heavy sigh ::::

I will mourn the loss of all the beautiful souls taken too soon, whether it be by violence, disease, accident, or suicide.

Wow, sorry to be a buzzkill Sunday. Thank goodness for champagne, FB, friends and WS!

I tend to think she did the majority of her clean up at the house. I think there would be a whole lot more blood around the house just with the laundry , placing the gate, etc. she did. She had to have been DRENCHED with blood after that brutality so she had to change clothes, shower. I think she may have had residual blood on her hands from grabbing weapons and items that were bloody at the last minute. But as far as her person I think she was pretty cleaned up by the time she left. THere would also have been blood all over that rental car if she got in it "as is".

I think she was VERY well planned with this murder which explains the lack of wounds on herself and the way she got her clothes etc disposed of which also speaks to her own "cleanup".
Agree that she would have carefully chosen her clothing to wear during the commission of the murder, and it would have covered everything except her hands, feet and face. Therefore, I don't believe her body itself was saturated with blood. After shedding the murder-suit, she may have taken a quick shower, in one of the other bathrooms, however, I still believe time was a factor and she couldn't have spent too much time inside the house for fear the roommate would come home.

MOO

A lot of time was spent with the hair color thing, so it seems really odd that DB wasnt asked about it. Matt and his friend would also know, and possible footage of any place she stopped (including walmart) has the possibility of busting her out on this - so Im wondering if they think her hair color changed before all this.

According to RandMcnally, it takes 2 hours and 44 minutes to get from Redding to Lodi, but receipts show it took her 11 hours? Is this where she claims to have slept? How odd to take an 8 hour nap, right after starting out on a trip...

She says in Redding she went to a relative's house (I think a sister?) and brother-in-law IIRC and slept, spent some time visiting.

Katy, are you going to be on web sleuths radio tonight?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I know one of you will gently correct me if I'm nutz so here goes my thoughts on them haveing sex that day because of nasty pictures on Travis' new camera. What if she had some pics from another time they had been together on one of the disks or hard drive she had with her. She uploads them on his computer, full screan and snaps a picture on his camera.
Could that work and would they have checked for such a thing ?

Thanks Krowkat for posting these: Does this sound like a man who would "guilt JA to visit him"?? Let alone spend 13 hours with the day of June 4th.

IF__Jodie did see him that day it was by surprise, Could you honestly see TA wanting to even see her (even if she had a hold on him through sex).

The last text He sent was "STAY OUT OF MY LIFE FOREVER" days before he was murdered.

Does anyone know what it was that prompted this response from Travis? I wonder if she told him about her taping him as a form of blackmail to stay with her.

This is the year that will eclipse all others?
She killed her golden calf!
Now she's got this shrink jack the quack! Who's got her back! It angers me that she's is !!:furious:
Comparing her ! her to soldiers fighting in Afghanistan! Suffering with real PTSD

My nephew is with the elite forces of the green beret!
He's been to Afghanistan four tours! Four times he suffered wounds, four times hes lost friends and comrades!

His first tour:
he was in a tank! My nephew was driving! His commander asked to switch places! Seconds later ,The tank blew up and his commander was killed. Only my nephew survived.

The second time:
he was in a humbee! With three other soldiers! They were shot at!!! the humbee went into a body of water! My nephew said ! He knew his life was coming to an end!he was desperately trying to get air! A weird chilling feeling! came over me as he was describing this at !!
a heroes welcome home party my town gave to him.

Back to what happened! He didn't have an air pocket! His best friend knew that my nephews wife was pregnant and the baby was due any day! So he unlatched my nephews seat belt and pushed my nephew! Towards an air pocket! My nephew was the only survivor!
This man his best friend gave his life for my nephew.three soldiers died in that one. Only my nephew survived.

Third incident:
They were under heavy attack by the Taliban! A fellow soldier seriously wounded!
My nephew carried this mortally wounded soldier towards a military plane! Hid behind the shadows of the plane! This soldier later died of his wounds.

Fourth incident:
A male presumed to be a civilian Afghanistan !
Began walking towards my nephew! All of a sudden a large blast! This civilian had a bomb strapped to his body! He blew up! In front of my nephew! The shrepenol ! Made it to parts of my nephews body! Many surgeries later! And still not all shrepenol removed! His stomach was wounded! Blew out some teeth! He was air lifted to Germany and home! Once they stabilised him.
He lost many dear friends ad fellow soldiers.
Again he survived.

He has real PTSD
How can this ignorant/stalker killer compare herself to soldiers and wounded police officers.
It's laughable what the defence is trying to pull!

My nephew is now statewide and is now training soldiers! Is also doing unclassified duties.

BBM

I also wish someone would do that with this other pic. I have never been able to figure out what is in that pic, the angle, or anything else about it.

If you quote this with the picture ill try :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ITA--she would have been saturated with blood and sweat from the physical attack. IMO--I think she "lost" her shoes because she was afraid that she left a shoe print in blood (which she seems to have done--there's one shoe print).

Also, dried blood STAINS even skin--pouring hot Costco water from the trunk onto hands covered in dried, set-in blood just wouldn't make a difference. Kind of like Lady Macbeth.

I think that a lot of her narrative was created after discovery. I think initially her ninja story had huge elements of truth to it, because she was trying to explain away the scene that she THOUGHT she left behind.

I think that the story we're hearing on the stand now is based on elements she garnered from discovery, elements that she KNEW she left behind, as forensics showed:

Travis watching youtube videos when she got there at 4AM - whether she arrived at 4AM, this she knew from the computer forensics report.

Travis cleaning house, left chairs on the couch, must have been cleaning the floor. This she knew from testimony of friends that the cleaner was oddly in the room the evening of the 4th, and crime scene photos show it standing in the room. This is better than her admitting that she cleaned the floor and polished the banister.

Maybe the knife ended up in the dishwasher, as she had "vague" memories of putting a knife in there. She knew there were crime scene photos of the knives. Why not steer the investigation in that direction; she knew the real knife was really left in a dumpster or desert somewhere.

She admitted this on the stand; i.e., that she fabricated any number of lies and tailored them to comport with the forensics.

I've always believed that the reason she wanted to see the crime scene and recovered 'deleted' photos in her interrogation with Det. Flores was less about morbid curiosity than it was defense strategy.

How many images did they recover? What did they show? What stories, excuses, and rationalizations might be most effective in manipulating a jury given the evidence which could not be explained away and therefore had to be incorporated into her yarn?

I agree -- her testimony about the dishwasher is risky because it implies she came in and out of the "fog" at least once -- but she needs it, in order to attempt to establish that the knife originated from the house and was left in the house, and to explain why no knives are known to be missing from the house. If the jury doesn't buy that story (and they shouldn't, because the dimensions are wrong -- the wounds were generally 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" in width, much larger than the steak-knife sized items in the dishwasher), then it means she must have brought the knife with her and taken it away with her, again leading to the inevitable conclusion that TA's murder was premeditated.

I tend to think she bought the knife somewhere along the way (and as you say, disposed of it with the gun). I have butcher knives and ceramic kitchen knives of dimensions matching TA's wounds. I bought them inexpensively at places like Walmart and Target, but they are very strong and unbelievably sharp. I've seen what they can do to a tough cut of meat or a watermelon - I can't imagine what they'd do to a human being.

I am still of the belief JA brought the knife with her, a knife she KNEW she would be able to stab Travis multiple times with. A newly purchased one from any store wouldn't guarantee her that. One she had already used to slash car tires would, however.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member