Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they could have Arias on video during this purchase to see her hair color? How long would a store like Walmart keep their surveillance records? I would imagine indefinitely for such a megastore?

I worked at a large chain retailer in the early/mid 2000's. Loss prevention video tapes were recorded over with relatively quick turnover unfortunately. I couldn't give a time frame, but definitely not held on to for years. It is possible that this has changed with loss prevention using dvd-r's more recently, but I wouldn't count on it.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/a..._xtralarge.jpg

Ok, looking at these pics again, I really have to stick with my original shot first theory. I tried and tried to see it another way (as seen from some other posts of mine), just can't.

I don't think he knew she was there taking pics until 5:27:18. He looks surprised there. Then the pic at 5:29:20 shows Travis sitting, and he looks pretty upright to me. The next pic, of just his torso, he is no longer sitting straight up. JA is coming at him, still holding the camera.

The next pic of the ceiling is 44 seconds after the torso shot. I think in this time she shot, him, he started writhing around for a few seconds, then tried to get out, pushing her, making her drop the camera (and maybe even the gun).

Shocked he wasn't dead, she ran and got a knife while he made his way to the sink. She proceeded to stab his back and head. he turned around, tried to fight her off, and she stabbed him in the front - including the blow to the heart.

He fell, and crawled into the hallway, where she slashed his throat.

I promise, this is my last theory. I know the ME does not agree it happened this way, but I can't see it any other way. I will post these in the sequence of events threads from now on. Thanks for reading. ;)

So great! I hesitated watching this because I didn't want to hear any more of JA talking. But with all the rave reviews, I broke down and watched. Well worth it! Thanks!

There have been about four very funny videos. Since we are waiting tomorrow, can someone do right now if they kept the links? or if somebody is very good at looking them up, I am in need of a laugh today.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Here is a listing of all the angry emails Travis sent to JA in order by date. To me they show a very telling premeditated tale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 30, 2008 – A text message exchange took place, during which Alexander told Arias he did not want to get another text message from her unless she gave him an apology for exposing him to all the drama in her life.

April 2008 - Burns testified that he first met Arias at a PrePaid Legal convention in Oklahoma in April 2008. A few weeks after that initial meeting, Burns and Arias were chatting on the phone three to five times a week.

April 2008 - Arias moved from Arizona to California. That same month, Alexander posted a blog entry stating, "This Year will be the Best year of my life. This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more and be more than all the other years of my life combined."

April 2008 - Another text conversation that was examined in court took place after Arias moved from Arizona to California. During that conversation, Alexander told Arias to not contact him and warned her that things could get "real bad for her."
"Bitter feelings brewing in me towards you," Alexander wrote in an April 2008 text message to Arias. "I'm sick of having days ruined by you. If it keeps up, I fear I'll have a genuine dislike for you. I'm asking you before it gets to that, to stop doing it, before I start seeking revenge."

April 2008
- These are all FROM Travis TO JA
Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. Its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes... you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. To have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

May 03, 2008 – Ryan Burns and Arias exchange numerous flirtatious emails including conversations about her visiting him soon and her not playing hard to get.

May 10, 2008 - Arias posted the last entry to her online blog. It reads, in part: "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."
That same day, according to prosecutors, Alexander sent this text to Arias: "Why don't you have him come and f--k you in the woods, I can only imagine you are so worried about me reading. You are paranoid because you have no respect for people privacy and you dare insult me of all people. Someone you should through your actions you hate more than love by denying me a human right of privacy countless times. You have a lot of freaking nerve. We are all not like you in that aspect."

May 18, 2008 - Alexander posted the last entry, titled "Why I want to marry a Gold Digger," to his online blog. It reads, in part: "I did a little soul searching and realized that I was lonely ... I realized it was time to adjust my priorities and date with marriage in mind ... This type of dating to me is like a very long job interview and can be exponentially more mentally taxing. Desperately trying to find out if my date has an axe murderer penned up inside of her."

May 26, 2008 - These 3 are all part of one long text, no replies from JA in between:

05/26/08 at 07:59:15am
I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure *advertiser censored*, even more to
the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew
about you he'd spit in ur face. Sow could everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness.

05/26/08 at 08:35:02am

You couldn't get off your lazy butt to read it could you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin figures

05/26/08 at 09:11:11am

I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

May 28, 2008 - Yreka, California, police officer Kevin Friedman investigated a robbery (reported theft of a .25 caliber gun, $30 in cash, a stereo and a DVD player ) at the house of Arias’ grandparents on May 28, 2008, just a few days before Alexander was killed.

May 28, 2008 - Ryan Burns testified that towards the end of May 2008, he and Arias had made plans for her to visit his home in West Jordan, Utah.

June 2008 - During the first week of June, Alexander told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account. He allegedly said that he told her to stay out of his life forever.

June 2, 2008 - Arias, according to police, picked up a vehicle from Budget Rent-a-Car in Redding, Calif.

Thanks Krowkat for posting these: Does this sound like a man who would "guilt JA to visit him"?? Let alone spend 13 hours with the day of June 4th.

IF__Jodie did see him that day it was by surprise, Could you honestly see TA wanting to even see her (even if she had a hold on him through sex).

The last text He sent was "STAY OUT OF MY LIFE FOREVER" days before he was murdered.

Does anyone know what it was that prompted this response from Travis? I wonder if she told him about her taping him as a form of blackmail to stay with her.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/a..._xtralarge.jpg

Ok, looking at these pics again, I really have to stick with my original shot first theory. I tried and tried to see it another way (as seen from some other posts of mine), just can't.

I don't think he knew she was there taking pics until 5:27:18. He looks surprised there. Then the pic at 5:29:20 shows Travis sitting, and he looks pretty upright to me. The next pic, of just his torso, he is no longer sitting straight up. JA is coming at him, still holding the camera.

The next pic of the ceiling is 44 seconds after the torso shot. I think in this time she shot, him, he started writhing around for a few seconds, then tried to get out, pushing her, making her drop the camera (and maybe even the gun).

Shocked he wasn't dead, she ran and got a knife while he made his way to the sink. She proceeded to stab his back and head. he turned around, tried to fight her off, and she stabbed him in the front - including the blow to the heart.

He fell, and crawled into the hallway, where she slashed his throat.

I promise, this is my last theory. I know the ME does not agree it happened this way, but I can't see it any other way. I will post these in the sequence of events threads from now on. Thanks for reading. ;)

Unfortunately for her, 62 seconds does not allow time for her to 'run and get a knife'.

How she and her lawyers wish it would!

The knife that she would have had to use to cut his throat had to be very, very sharp, and that's a detail I doubt she left to chance. I believe that she brought her own knife, one that she had sharpened to be certain that it would do the job that she planned to do.

And I believe that she disposed of that knife when she disposed of the gun.

I agree -- her testimony about the dishwasher is risky because it implies she came in and out of the "fog" at least once -- but she needs it, in order to attempt to establish that the knife originated from the house and was left in the house, and to explain why no knives are known to be missing from the house. If the jury doesn't buy that story (and they shouldn't, because the dimensions are wrong -- the wounds were generally 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" in width, much larger than the steak-knife sized items in the dishwasher), then it means she must have brought the knife with her and taken it away with her, again leading to the inevitable conclusion that TA's murder was premeditated.

I tend to think she bought the knife somewhere along the way (and as you say, disposed of it with the gun). I have butcher knives and ceramic kitchen knives of dimensions matching TA's wounds. I bought them inexpensively at places like Walmart and Target, but they are very strong and unbelievably sharp. I've seen what they can do to a tough cut of meat or a watermelon - I can't imagine what they'd do to a human being.

Did you see that funny as c.h.i.t video that was posted last night about her long answer! It was so hilarious.

That was very funny. I really did laugh out loud at that.

Here's another little piece of the Starbucks ARCO puzzle ... the time on the Starbucks receipt is 8:41 PM and the 1st ARCO transaction is at 8:42 PM. Arias would have needed to leave Starbucks and somehow cross the intersection at E.Foothill Road to get to the ARCO on the other side of the street. Most likely she would have driven down along the wall in front of the Whole Foods and then made a right back onto E. Foothill Blvd and then proceeded to the traffic light. A U-turn would have been required to access the ARCO on the other side of E.Foothill at 3706.

I find it hard to believe that she got in her car at Starbucks, started to back out, saw the license plate, got out, looked at the plate, took the plate back and threw it in her car, and then proceeded to ARCO, and activated the gas pump in ONE MINUTE !!!

Excellent, I have not seen the underlying evidence that you are referring to, but excellent!

O/T but I can't just ignore that this is one of those most depressing mornings. one of my very good friends has a best friend she grew up with and who's brother married her sister. Easy to follow for a sleuther. Anyway, late last night I was informed that her best friend's 4-yr old granddaughter died last evening in a drowning accident at the grandfather's house during a birthday party for another grandchild. I am so sick to my stomach for the family.

First, it's my worst fear. My daughter has a pool, and my two granddaughter's are both under that age. Second, my own daughters friend had the same thing happen with her two yr old. Maybe it comes with my risk/safety management career, but I am obsessed with keeping people safe.

Which leads me to the circling around to this trial. With all the natural disasters (and I do include man made in those), accidents, and diseases that cause such suffering....there is no excuse for senseless violence. Life is too precious as it is. I think this is why I am so sickened with unnecessary violence and feel so strongly in holding these perps accountable.

I don't like to think of evil, and I want to align my life with those who channel the best in humanity, but clearly I am not as enlightened as I wish I was, because I want nothing more than to hear "Guilty" and have her sentenced in accordance with those the family desires.

Unfortunately for her, 62 seconds does not allow time for her to 'run and get a knife'.

How she and her lawyers wish it would!

Well, not exactly run for a knife, like downstairs or very far. Just get a knife she knew of previously (like one she brought with her).

O/T but I can't just ignore that this is one of those most depressing mornings. one of my very good friends has a best friend she grew up with and eho's brother married her sister. easy to follow for a sleuther. Anyway, late last night I was informed that her best friend's 4-yr old granddaughter died in a drowning accident at the grandfather's house during a birthday party for another grandchild. I am so sick to my stomach for the family.

First, it's my worst fear. My daughter has a pool, and my two granddaughter's are both under that age. Second, my own daughters friend had the same thing happen with her two yr old. Maybe it comes with my risk/safety management career, but I am obsessed with keeping people safe.

Which leads me to the circling around to this trial. With all the natural disasters (and I do. It include man made in those), accidents, and diseases that cause such suffering....there is no excuse for senseless violence. Life is too precious as it is. I think this is why I am so sickened with unnecessary violence and feel so strongly in holding these perps accountable.

I don't like to think of evil, and I want to align my life with those who channel the best in humanity, but clearly I am not as enlightened as I wish I was, because I want nothing more than to hear "Guilty" and have her sentenced in accordance with those the family desires.

Oh that's just horrible and shocking the first part of your post. :( so sorry.

And as far as the last sentence, I think you can consider yourself "enlightened" and champion for justice in this way. There is a place for intolerance in this world and this case is one those places. imo.

OK wait. I just looked at a picture and there is NO metal threshold anywhere. That MUST be the wall and baseboard.

Dangit. Now I have confused myself again.

I wish someone would do the outline on that picture like they did with the one with the foot to make it clear what we are seeing.

Anyone up to attempting that?

BBM

I also wish someone would do that with this other pic. I have never been able to figure out what is in that pic, the angle, or anything else about it.

Jumping of KCL story of elephants and Elephant Mt.

I've wondered where Jodi went to clean up before she got to Utah.

Does anyone know if the parks in the Arizona area have showers? I think Minor4th did a milage/gas timeline and I was wondering if the Elephant Mt. would fit in and if there might be shower/ bathrooms in the parks area.

Jodi may have been to this area previously and had it as part of her "go to a desolate area to discard the weapon and clean up" plan.

It would also be a place she could chill and sleep a couple hours before continuing to Utah. Not sure it fits in with where her first call and cell pings are though. Just a thought, probably off base, but the elephant stuff has my head spinning.

Good question. I live in Az and I have to say because of budget cuts many of the rest stop stations with bathroom facilities have been closed. As for camping grounds, I can't think of any that would accomidate a clean-up place for her.

Kind of off topic but something the Jury asked Jodi:

Day 28 - March 6, 2013

One juror wanted to know why it had taken Arias two years to admit to killing 28-year-old Alexander at his Mesa home.
She responded: 'I was deeply ashamed, I was horrified with myself. A lot of people believed in my stupid story, I felt fraudulent.
'It started off as a secret that I wanted to take to my grave with me... but it became a really yucky feeling inside.'

Jury: "Would you decide to tell the truth if you never got arrested?"
Arias: "I honestly don't know the answer to that question."

This is powerful to me but I'd like to know what y'all think. This shows no remorse to me.
ya .... it's ALL about her. How she felt for herself .... none of her responses to questions show any signs of remorse or feelings for what she did to Travis ... or about Travis and his family. She doesn't have any such emotions and is completely unable to even fake them in any convincing way. She says things like "I didn't want people to think I was this type of person who could do something like this" ... etc. etc. BLECH!! I absolutely HATE this sicko ..... If we all feel this and get these kinda vibes from her .... trust me, so will the jury. GO JUAN .... can't wait for his rebuttal. He's gonna have us on the edge of seat ... completely transfixed. With each piece of evidential proof he presents to us (and the jury of course), we will be saying YES! YES! ... doing cartwheels ... the dance of joy and screaming BOOM! BOOM! Take that biotch!!! Will be interesting to see that smugness leave her ugly mug!!

She is *advertiser censored***d!!

Forgive me if I've missed the posts about this, but has anyone posted a pic of the CVS receipt or remember what JA bought there?

So I've watched the Jodi Arias Trial: The Neverending Answer video for the 100th time.

I have not seen any other videos where someone has used trial footage in a funny way so if anyone has them if you could share them? I'm kind of stuck in a boring work mode today :waiting: and would love some laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor